Help needed. Pretty please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed. Pretty please

So alot of the influences and inspiration for my character comes from GI Joe, inpaticular Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow. Her muteness and good hearing being inspiration from Snake Eyes muteness and Storm Shadows "good" hearing.

So I know for a fact that there's a species that can see using the force and that some people have become "one" with the force. I was thinking of Akahana having a skill/ability that's similar to the way the Miraluka see only, you know, she's not blind.

I was thinking that may be she could see peoples connections with eachother, objects and planet as threads. With different coloured threads meaning different relationships and different types of threads meaning different strenghts in the relationship. For example a red thread connected between two people could mean a mutual hatred where as a faded red could mean a one-sided hatred. And like a thin, tattered and threadbare thread meaning a poorly maintained connection and a thick rope like thread meaning a strong and well maintained conection.

But I'm not sure if this would be considered over kill as I plan on making it that as Akahana grows older and more skilled her hearing becomes more and more sensitive 'til it evens out to where Storm Shadow, from the GI Joe comics, hearing is at. Not only that but I need help in properly planning out how I'm going to intergrate the whole seeing threads thing (if I end up using it) into my character without it looking like she's some omnipotent god.

Sorry it this is all over the place and any advice would be really appreciated at this time.

Emma

P.S. I wasn't sure where to put this so sorry if it's in the wrong area.

I think typically Holonet is the best place for this sort of thing. But here works too!

Part of what stands out to me for your idea is that, if you're going to go with Miraluka for what she is, then you have the outlines right there for what she would be capable of. If you don't, then you'll want to figure out why she's able to see these sort of connections.

Don't get me wrong, we've all fudged EU info here and there for special sort of abilities or features - I have a character who's part Shi'ido, and doesn't retain their shape-shifting abilities beyond her hair (usually without her choosing) shifting through colours depending on her moods. You just have to think something through in that regard, so it doesn't come across as 'she does this because reasons.'

The other thing that stands out to me is that it could, at times, be sort of game-breaky. There are a lot of reasons why people might not want someone, especially someone lower ranked, to be automatically able to see connections between people. Hidden identities, unknown parentage, unacknowledged feelings, etc.

I promise, I'm not trying to be an instant 'you can't do this' downer! I think there's just some more thought to be put into things like how it would work for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Maeve View Post
      The other thing that stands out to me is that it could, at times, be sort of game-breaky. There are a lot of reasons why people might not want someone, especially someone lower ranked, to be automatically able to see connections between people. Hidden identities, unknown parentage, unacknowledged feelings, etc.
      Which is exactly why I'm asking for help. I figured it'd be a neat trick, but I don't want it to be an "OMG she's an omnipotent god." sort of thing.

Comment

Search for Belis...he shall have the answers you seek...*disappears all mysterious like*

Comment

Some ideas are fun to build up to with training and rank also. A rare ability without a focus which becomes more honed as time goes on. That sort of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shyahwyn View Post
            Some ideas are fun to build up to with training and rank also. A rare ability without a focus which becomes more honed as time goes on. That sort of thing.
            That's actually a really good idea. I could do it so that on the first rank she gets faint impressions of peoples feeling in like a five metre radius of her and as she moves up in the ranks she can eventually see the actual threads binding people together.

Comment

Working...
            X