Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picking Up the Pieces [Open]

Dubrillion.

"I am glad you decided to visit us." Mandichka smiled to Ms. Kelly, the owner of the orphanage where she had been raised on Imperial soil. She hadn't been in touch with them during her illness, as she had shut everyone out. And here she was more than a year after, returning home. Home was a fleeting concept, save for this orphanage by the ocean on Dubrillion. "Thank you for bearing with my lack of communication skills." She added with a sheepish expression. The older woman brushed it away. "You are safe and sound, this is what matters, nexu cub."

Sitting on the bench outside of the main building, the blonde looked at the child she held in her arms. It had been a bit difficult, but she had managed to obtain legal guardianship of little Alec. The baby had no idea of all that had happened, but she was happy she could give him a family. "Seeing you with a child warms my heart, Mandi. Do you know what you will do next?"

She had confided in Ms. Kelly how she was in between jobs now, since Tyler had given her and the other employees amazing severance packages. She also knew they were invited to follow him in his new ventures. "I think I will move to Bastion. The one constant I've had in my life these past years was my job. I don't think I'd have had such a stellar and supportive medical leave with anyone else either."

She looked at Alec and at Ms. Kelly. "I'd like to be able to visit you more often as well. I know that I've screwed my personal life way too often, out of fear, but I want to pick up the pieces. I want to make things right this time, even if only for this little guy."

Ms Kelly rested a hand on her arm. "If this is what you want, you should go for it. You've come a long way, nexu cub."

Mandichka smiled at being called this old pet name, which brought her back to many years before. "I'll be back tonight, but I was thinking of going to the nearby city for some shopping, as I still need more items for Alec." Ms Kelly nodded with a grin. "Of course. I'll let you two be on your way. The children will be happy to see you tonight again. Some loved the stories you said upon your last visit two years ago, you know."

Mandichka smiled and fetched her son, heading to the rental speeder she had parked further away. She placed Alec in his baby seat and strapped him in, before taking the wheel.

Life had come crashing down for Mandichka a few times in her life, both on Bestine IV and more recently on Telos. Yet, Dubrillion remained home to her. She had family here, as much as an orphan could have. And yet, she missed her former coworkers from the Titania. Some had become family to her as well. It was an eerie feeling as she would have never thought that her professional environement, her career could become so important to her, but it had.

"Here we are, little man."
    She smiled as she had parked in the city and was placing Alec in the stroller. She was still wrapping her mind around the fact that his biological mother, her friend, was gone and that she had legally adopted the orphan, becoming his mother. Motherhood had hit her without a warning, but she didn't regret her decision.

She knew that this was a challenge and would continue to be, but she was determined to make the best of the new chance at life she had been given.

Comment

Dubrillion

Jack was here to look for his lover, Sky. Hearing that she'd possibly come here from a contact who he'd blackmailed into doing his bidding. The guy had murdered someone and Jack helped him by saying it was him. So, the guy was off 'scott free'. Which in turn made Valaric owe his life to him. The two agreed to meet in the shopping district. There he would give Jack the info that he needed. His other student, Hayden was also missing. Maybe the two had rekindled the romance and left him behind. If that was the case he would murder both of them!

Walking with a chip on his shoulder the angered Sith Knight headed to the district. Passing by random people who he would bump into every once in a while, his red eyes went yellow multiple times. Because he was thinking about Sky and how she now ticked him off along with Hayden, Jack wasn't in the best of moods. When someoen bumped into him he then pushed them away with the Force only a bit. Knocking them over most of the time. Then moving on he then kept going with a angered look on his shoulder. Although it appeared that he was smiling most of the time.

A ten minute walk and he was in the main strip of the shopping district. Keeping his eyes looking around for any sign of Valaric he then stood outside a shop where they sold garments and clothing. Looking up at it he then stood outside the shop. A beauty happened to show up there with a stroller and he grinned. Seeing the little guy and the mother who was pushing him he then moved outta the way of them so they could pass through. His face then twisted into a further grin as it showed on his face.

"Ah, what a cute little guy you have there. Just like his mom." Jack said with a smile, looking to the little boy's mother, "Shopping day huh?"

Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb...guess the black thoughts have come they've come to get me! Sweet caring words...unlike nothing I have heard...sing along mockingbird ya don't affect me!

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Thanks to Drake for this awesomeness!

Comment

Mandichka didn't want to overdo it with the shopping. She was financially comfortable, but until she had signed another contract and figured out all the specifics for her new living place, she wanted to be careful. Having grown up with little, though enough, she knew how to be wise with money.

After having checked a first shop - which didn't suit her, she was heading to another one. As a man let her pass along with Alec in his stroller, she thanked him for the gesture. "Shopping day indeed. And thank you." She said simply but sincerely. Being referred to as Alec's mom made her ming boggle some, as it was so recent.

"They've opened a lot of new shops since last time I came here."
        She quipped with a smirk.

Comment

Jack then nodded, "I bet. This is my first time here. I'm supposed to meet a contact of mine. But, seems like he's rather late."

Looking up at the sky a moment to see where the sun was positioning itself, the Sith Knight did for a moment then looked back towards Mandichka. The little guy in the stroller then peered up at the Knight and giggled at his unusual face. Which brought a smirk to the clown's face. It made him feel at ease knowing all the pent up anger beneath the surface of the clown.

"He seems to be enjoying himself. I'm sure he's laughing at my unusual looking face." Jack said then bent down and then made funny faces at the little boy, "Bleh bleh bleh."

Jack made more funny faces at him and kept saying 'bleh' while doing it. At least the clown was enjoying seeing a little kid having fun. Reminded him that not everything in the galaxy was all chaos and darkness. Innocence was there too, and, he needed to have a bit of it himself. Be a little kid at times. Have a heart more or less. Which was black as the side of the Force he was on.

"What's the little guy's name? And what is his mother's?" Jack inquired.

Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb...guess the black thoughts have come they've come to get me! Sweet caring words...unlike nothing I have heard...sing along mockingbird ya don't affect me!

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

Mandichka nodded to what the unusual looking man said about meeting a contact who was late. With all the construction work in the city, maybe the person had been delayed. As for the clown appearance of the stranger before her, having served as a barmaid in low level Coruscant years before, it took more than that to disturb her.

"The shore fascinated him earlier on. And he likes having a good view over people and things from his stroller."
            She explained with pride about the few months old little one. She grinned as the man made her child giggle and laugh more.

"His name's Alec. And I'm Mandichka."
            She was close to just say she was "just" his adoptive mother, but she was the only mother he now had, so she didn't need to correct. "And what would be yours, sir?"

Comment

Jack then smiled, "I bet he does."

Standing back up, the clown then nodded as she said her name was Mandichka and her son's name was Alec. Grinning he thought the name was rather unqiue. Then again a lot of names he heard were rather odd and unqiue. But who was he to judge? His face was rather strange and unique. Most who saw his face were rather afraid of him. That didn't deter him because he didn't like most people. People were rather strange to him. Although his mind was warped beyond most people as he was a total psychopath along with being a sociopath at that. Doing things just because he could do them.

Outstetching his hand to her he then smirked, "My name is Jack. Jack Sheetai. My last name means 'Warrior' in Ewok."

Bending down again after shaking hands with her he then shook Alec's hand, "Nice to meet you, Alec."

The clown the made another funny face at him making his eyes go cross-eyed a moment while sticking his tongue out sideways. Alec then giggled again as he then flailed his arms and legs about looking at the clown who kept making him laugh. It made him sometimes wish he'd had a little one of his own. Although the kid would be probably twisted like their father.

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

"I spent hours looking at the oceans here when a child, so it was nice to see him do the same." Mandichka explained with a grin, still curious as to what might have led this unusual man come to Dubrillion. This area didn't tend to draw many eccentric types of people, though she knew that nothing was set in stone.

"Well met. And my Ewok knowledge being very little, I wouldn't have guessed." She shook hands with him and chuckled as he did the same with her son. She was happy that he had been too little to really realize what was going on.

"You do have a way with children, it seems."

Comment

"I may have to check that out sometime. While I'm here anyways." Jack said with a chuckle.

Hearing her speak about not knowing much about Ewok's the clown nodded with a shrug. He didn't figure she would because the little Ewok's were just isolated from most of the galaxy. Being that they were from Endor that made a lot of sense. But, don't underestimate the little guys. They could cause a lot of destrution. Tell that to the Empire! The Ewok's nearly destroyed them while they invaded Endor. Took down quite a few AT-AT walkers in the process.

Jack then smiled as she said he had a way with children it seemed, "Yeah, sometimes I'm a big kid at heart. Everything can't be all work and no play, right?"

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

"If you have time, you really should. Many people speak of Dubrillion for its cities, but they aren't as special as our shore is." Mandichka explained, sounding like the native she was. Truth was that she had no idea whether her parents had been from this planet and she wasn't even certain she was born here, but she had been raised there, so it was her home world.

"Play is important too, even to a workaholic."
                    She admitted with a chuckle. Realizing they were standing in the middle of the street, she moved the stroller to the side, so people could pass more easily.

Comment

Jack then nodded as she said he should visit the shores. Whenever he was done with his meeting he might just do that. The clown figured he would spend a few days here and tour the city. May as well right? Nothing else to do but that. Plus, with her being her she might know where to go in regards to doing touristy things. Maybe.

"It is. In my line of work I don't get to play that much. Only on 'down time' do I get to. It's all about work, work, work." Jack said with a smirk.

Noting that she'd moved to the side with her stroller, Jack did the same knowing that they were standing in the middle of the street. Side stepping those who were trying to pass by he then noted everyone who came along. Hoping none of them tried to either steal from him or Mandichka there were those who probably would try. They better not! They'd have Jack to deal with and he wasn't as nice as most people might be about it.

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

"Some lines of work are extremely demanding, but if they are rewarding, this is what matters." Mandichka observed with a smile. Her background and career had made her unlikely to prod people and ask unwanted questions. To some, it might make her seem a little aloof, but mostly, it was common courtesy to her. She was comfortable speaking about many different topics, but she was careful not to pry into others' lives.

"I'm using my time off to get some more supplies, especially for the little one, before my work picks up speed again." She explained with a chuckle, looking warmly at her adoptive son. If the transition to new work on Bastion went fine, she knew she would be extremely busy.

Comment

"My job ain't so bad. It's has its perks." Jack said with a smile, his red eyes gleaming looking Mandichka over then looking down at Alec.

As she explained that she was taking time off to get some supplies for herself and Alec he then nodded. He could understand that. The little guy would need all sorts of stuff he figured. Not just because he was a baby and all he just needed to be spoiled! Or it seemed to him. If he had one anyways. Not like that was bound to happen anytime soon since Sky had left him high and dry. With his other apprentice no doubt. Both of them had disappeared and he would find them...oh would he find them both! They had some explaining to do.

"Ah and where would you be so inclined to work at? Or for?" Jack said with a smirk, "Anyone with such grace, beauty, and patience for this little guy must work for something or someone pretty great."

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

"I work in the hospitality field." Mandichka explained as Alec began to be a bit fussy. She realized that he might be hungry, since she had changed him shortly before this. She took a seat on a nearby bench, and searched through her bag, to fetch his bottle. While she was used to juggle multiple tasks, this was still a bit challenging. She eventually had her son in her arms and he happily ate from his bottle.

"I'm heading off to Bastion for a new job, still in hospitality. I grew up here on Dubrillion but never went to Bastion yet. I'm curious to see how it is."

Comment

"Hospitality huh? Interesting." Jack said with a raised eyebrow.

Then seeing Alec begin to turn fussy he then clasped his hands behind his back. Waiting patiently wasn't his usual but today he'd make an exception. The little guy had made his cold heart into a warm one. Not to mention the boy's mother. She was exceptional as well and easy on the eyes to boot. Both had made an impression on him and when she held him on the bench he then sat next to her on her right side. Watching carefully he then smiled. One day he'd have his own legacy in the means of having his own children. Or so he hoped anyways.

"Ah, children are the light of our eyes, aren't they?" He said with a smile then heard her speak of Bastion, "I've never been there myself. But, I wish you good luck joining the Empire. Seems we are allies. In more ways then one."

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1