X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Streams and Thoughts [Open]

Qatamer, Lorrd.

"Thank you, I will make sure you have the contract sent to you by tonight."
    Sabriyya Dalenak shook her new customer's hand and left the villa where she had conducted business. The owner of Faubourg Saint Honore, specialized in event planning and public relations, had recently returned to her home world, only to travel to another continent from where she normally lived. So far, she had gained new contracts to sign for upcoming upscale events and was quite pleased with this.

She had been happy to see her older brother during her stay on imperial soil a few weeks ago, but it felt good and yet frustrating to be back home. She was swamped with work, as she chose to be, but she was still craving more and knew that fate had certain things in store for her, although she wasn't certain of them yet.

Or maybe, she just knew but wasn't ready to act upon them. Life was a complicated thing after all.

For the time being, she was driving back to the city center, because she was starving and a late lunch sounded like what she needed right then.

The interesting architecture of this ancient city adapted to the modern era recently with a new business district was a great study in contradictions, the Sith disciple mused as she stepped from the speeder taxi. Paying the driver, Adgertesse shouldered her pack and scanned down the main street bordered on either side by new high-rises. Their long history of conflict had been well documented and the native of Edan II could appreciate how worlds like this needed those with her talents from time to time. So far, the atmosphere of the locals had been more than accommodating, even if they didn't totally trust the newcomer. Museums and another well protected landmark, the Crypt of Martyrs had helped her find her bearings while casing the location of her next mark.

Turning to the front entrance of the well appointed hotel, the brunette moved to the transparisteel doors as a dark skinned woman opened them. Dressed in a business suit, Tess felt something unique beneath the surface of this one and knew that she had to get to know her a bit while here. Raw talent had been untried and untrained, which would be perfect for the Sith. No doubt Dalethria would be pleased to hear that not only had she gotten some more experience with the Force, but also brought back a new potential prospect.

Inside the large lobby, she followed the woman who seemed rather distracted with her comlink and heading toward the hotel's beautiful lounge and restaurant. Tess diverted as well as blue eyes glanced to her chronometer and noted that it was getting near lunch time.
    sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Sabriyya had returned to her hotel to grab lunch. She still felt that hollow place within her soul. She had been considering a lot for the last while, especially since meeting with a certain Zabrak. She knew they were bound to meet again sooner than later and was curious as to what might come out of this future reunion.

She felt a strange feeling, fleeting but certain. Her gaze scanned the area and she looked at the brunette behind her. She caught how the other woman's eyes suddenly flickered to her chrono. As a full blooded Lorrdian, Sabriyya was gifted with uncanny body language reading abilities.

She headed to the restaurant and when welcomed by the maitre d'hotel, she made a bold move. "When the brunette behind me arrives, direct her to my table." The man bowed his head, before a waiter took her to the table she had reserved on the first floor terrace.

She took in the lovely view and put her shades on as she took place in the comfortable chair. She ordered a fruity cocktail before beginning to peruse the menu.

Comment

Handing off her backpack to the desk, Tess turned to walk away, "Have this taken to my room."

Taking it a bit confusedly, the young woman just nodded. "Yes, ma'am."

Continuing on to the restaurant, Tess searched again for the woman she had been following and once reaching the entryway of the downstairs lounge, a suited man with a flimsiplast menu in hand approached her. "Madam, I've been instructed to guide you to a table to join Miss Dalenak."

Eyeing him for a moment, she tapped into his surface thoughts and knew that he meant the girl that she wished to talk to. Interesting that she had been discovered so easily. Motioning for him to lead, she then walked with the middle aged man through the main dining area and then up a short stair to the long terrace which graced the outside of the restaurant. Majestic, snow capped mountains in the background made for a lovely view as Tess moved to an empty seat and sat down.

"May I get you anything to drink," he offered.

"Tea is fine," Tess informed, her azure gaze fixed on her hostess. "Adgertesse," she introduced, the name flowing off her full lips as the assassin relaxed in the comfortable chair.
        sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Sabriyya didn't pride herself as the most intuitive person in all situations, but she was extremely observant. It was second nature for her to watch people as a Lorrdian. All members of her family had these strong abilities but she had enjoyed using them since she was a young child, moreso than some of her sisters. As for her brother, he always played it cool, but she knew that he was very observant too.

She watched when the other woman was led to her table. She briefly lowered her shades, her eyes meeting the stranger's. "Well met, Adgertesse. I am Sabriyya." She put her shades back on her nose and smiled, this polite but slightly daring smile.

"You didn't turn down the invitation, I see." She wasn't flirtatious, more business like in her demeanor. Frankly, she was intrigued. While she could tell that the woman had been staring, it didn't give her much more information.

Comment

The woman almost appeared like something created with a painter's fine touch, the smooth dark skin and pearly white smile was almost a bit much. Tess had known many over the years and had never met anyone like this girl. Sabriyya, fitting name.

"There's something within you that gained my interest," Tess began. "It's a unique trait that few of us in the galaxy possess."
            sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Sabriyya arched a brow, her mind going back to her discussion with Zeta at once. "I heard something similar a few weeks ago, but maybe you and the other person didn't think of the same unique trait."

She nodded as their drinks were brought to the table. She quietly waited for Adgertesse to say something that might or might not confirm her intuition.

Comment

A thin brow peeked at the insinuation and though Tess may have been thinking in another direction at the moment she heard the comment, she was sure that Sabriyya wasn't talking on a more personal level. Though such a thing wasn't foreign to the assassin, this was more about business than pleasure. As the waitress delivered her tea, the Sith leaned in a bit as she picked up a spoon and began to stir the sugar in a bit more.

"Are you ready to order," the girl glanced between them, data pad in hand.

Electric blue eyes rose momentarily, "Soup and salad for me". Letting her new friend order, Tess waited for the girl to leave as she sipped the tea and found it satisfactory. Reclining once more in the padded seat and crossed right knee over left. "The Force. Those of us who are trained to see that gift can spot it fairly easily."
                sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Once Adgertesse had placed her order, Sabriyya did the same. "Steak and fried vegetables, thanks." She returned the menu to the waitress and took another sip from her cocktail, appreciating the drink after the busy morning.

"So, my next question would be whether you are with the Jedi or the Sith." The brunette replied with a smirk. She had guessed right then. She keenly observed Adgertesse's reaction, curious to see which side she served.

She also knew that she hadn't technically said that the other woman's observation was the same as Zeta had made weeks before.

Comment

"Sith," she raised her glass once more, smiling as she then took another sip. "What other side is there, in truth?" She had wholeheartedly accepted the life that she had been offered with fervor and being able to state so, so easily only cemented that feeling in her heart. Lowering her glass once more, the disciple continued. "I was accepted a year ago and have enjoyed the newfound powers that I can wield. Be amazed how your life changes when you embrace what you were meant to be."
                    sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

"I'm not surprised." Sabriyya replied with a subtle grin. "People consider the sides they want. The galaxy has many facets, sometimes too many for an external observer. What matters is that we pick the one that suits us."

She nodded to what Adgertesse explained about her life with the Sith. "It seems to serve you well indeed." She pondered on what to share or not, but certain things weren't so meant to be kept private anyway. "It was one of your kind who told me about my potential a few weeks ago."

Comment

She wasn't totally dedicated to a path yet, but that would change, Tess mused as she set the glass down again. Taking in the crowd within the lounge and outside on the terrace, she could feel nothing in their auras but normal life and hated to think what her life would be like if she was like them. Certainly not as exciting. "There are few in this galaxy that choose the right one," blue eyes gravitated back to Sabriyya again. "Pity, really. If I'm going to choose something, I want the one that's going to offer the most and I have. I hope you do too."

Changing the subject, Tess enjoyed the cooler clean air and cloudy atmosphere here. "So, you a local?"
                        sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Sabriyya smirked to what Adgertesse said. "Straight and narrow paths aren't my style." She replied quietly but seriously. She knew that Sebarek and her had been the two in the family following their own beat moreso than the others. She had business to attend to before possibly - surely - meeting with Zeta again. Even though she knew she'd eventually seek the Sith out, she wasn't planning on giving up on the rest of her life.

"Indeed. I was born and raised on Lorrd, but not in this city. I'm here for business."

Comment

"Actually, there's nothing straight and narrow about this road. In fact, you'll find once you embrace this life, the path is wide open." Dalethria had taught her a lot, but the newly trained Sith was gathering a lot more since.

"I like it here," she scanned out from the terrace, beyond the richly carved railing and across the rolling terrain to the distant mountains. "Reminds me a bit of Edan Two. We used to train in mountains that looked similar to those," she grinned, reminiscing and returned her gaze to her newfound friend. "Running in the snow and climbing up rugged peaks was fun actually. Taught me a lot about myself, especially when there's a sheer cliff below you."

Arriving with their orders, the waitress set each dish before them and backed. "Enjoy," she smiled, turned and headed back into the shadow of the lounge.

Leaning in, Tess took up her spoon and began blowing in the soup. "You have a large family? I've noticed that about Lorrdians."
                            sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

"I like that. I had a path possibly laid right before me given my birth, but I was raised to create my own opportunities and seize the ones I could find." That was something important about her family. While they were nobility, all the Dalenak-Viniera children had been taught to work hard and choose their own life.

She grinned to what Adgertesse explained of previous training and history of hers. "Hiking in the mountains is something I've done a lot here. The best region for this is north of Florala city."

She nodded her thanks to the waitress when their food was brought to the table. She grinned when asked whether she had a large family. "I do. One older brother and I'm one of a set of quadruplet sisters."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1