Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finding a New Path

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finding a New Path

    A young woman race into the nearest shop that she could find to get out of the freezing cold rain pouring down. She was nearly bowled over when someone barged through the door, pushing her out of the way in his haste to get out of the cold. Righting herself Akahana relized that she'd just entered the local bar in one of the more sleezier parts of Coronet City.

    Using her small size to her advantage she made her way towards an empty table in one of the darker part of the bar. Taking a seat she hoped to be able to stay in the building without anyone noticing her until the rain let up.
    sigpic


    * = Sign Language
    ~ = Data-pad
    " = Mind Speak

  • #2
    "Did this table really look empty to you?" A voice snapped from the darkness. Nadgkema - her face hidden from beneath her hood - had been there for the past while, keeping shelter from the outpour in the streets. Her trip to Corellia had been one she hadn't planned, but a weird trail had occured.

    She had hears rumors she had wished to investigate, but so far it had been mostly fruitless. And right now, this random girl decided to sit at her table. The place was already beneath her, but being annoyed by someone who couldn't look where to go didn't lighten her mood.

    sig by Jez.

    Comment


    • #3
      Akahana smiled, brightly and innocently, shaking her head in the negative to the woman hiding in the shadows across from her.

      *Knew you were here.* She signed, hoping that the woman across from her could understand sign language. If not, well she'd just have to improvise.

      *I'm Hana.* Akahana signed, using her nick name as a sort of allias untill she could figure out whether or not this woman would help her.
      Last edited by Akahana; 10-27-2014, 06:52 AM.
      sigpic


      * = Sign Language
      ~ = Data-pad
      " = Mind Speak

      Comment


      • #4
        Nadgkema arched a brow from beneath her hood, some light faintly brightening her gem like eyes. She recognized the sign language, having been taught it when younger, as part of her education on Onderon, as a royal handmaiden.

        "So you're saying that you commonly sit at other people' tables without being invited to?" She remarked in a sarcastic tone.

        To the introduction, she nodded. "I am Kema." She said using the shortened version of her name, unwilling to say who she truly was.

        sig by Jez.

        Comment


        • #5
          Shaking her head in the negative, Akahana signed. *Didn't hear you heart beat 'til I was grabbing the seat. Too much noise to properly filter out individual heart beats like I normally would in a room. And it's too dark in this part of the building to see you properly, especially considering that you're hidding your face.*

          *It's nice to meet you Miss Kema.* She added.
          sigpic


          * = Sign Language
          ~ = Data-pad
          " = Mind Speak

          Comment


          • #6
            The girl's answer was satisfactory to Nadgkema and she didn't push her away, which she could have. She didn't comment on the fact she was hiding her face. She had no intention to remove her hood for the time being.

            "Are you seeking shelter from the rain as well?"

            sig by Jez.

            Comment


            • #7
              *Usually I wouldn't bother, it's not like the rains going to hurt me, but considering that it's storming outside I thought it migh be wise just wait out the rain instead.* As soon as she'd signed the last word there was a loud rumble of thunder causing Akahana to jump in her. Not from fear, but more from shock at how loud it was.
              sigpic


              * = Sign Language
              ~ = Data-pad
              " = Mind Speak

              Comment


              • #8
                Nadgkema remained quiet as the loud rumble of thunder made the woman jumpy. "Nature is so fascinating..." She mused, before taking a sip from her caf. The beverage was rather disgusting but it would have to do for now.

                sig by Jez.

                Comment


                • #9
                  *It is.* Akahana agreed. *You can learn so much about a world just by studying it's fauna and flora.*

                  Shifting into a more comfortable position on the seat Akahana started to talk about a subject she felt strongly about. *I think it's sad what happened to Coruscant. A whole worlds flora destoryed and it's fauna locked away or wiped out because of the galaxies need to have something bigger and better. Coruscant might be bigger but it sure ain't better.*
                  sigpic


                  * = Sign Language
                  ~ = Data-pad
                  " = Mind Speak

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "I take it that you have traveled or studied a lot about such matters." Nadgkema carried on, feeling how passionate the other woman seemed to be about this topic. The Dark Jedi did like Coruscant and had one of her homes there. She kept this information to herself though.

                    "What brought you to Corellia if I may ask?"
                    Feeling a slight tug through the Force. "I came here for business." She offered, not lying but keeping things vague.

                    sig by Jez.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      *I've studied a lot about the wildlife of other planets. It's something to do instead of exploding at my parents or uncle for locking me up all the time just because my uncle thought I had some sort of disease for being mute.* Akahana explained with the sort of numbness and disinterest of someone who had lived through the situation for so long that they just couldn't bring themselves to care anymore.

                      *I live here. I was trying to figure out a way to leave the planet before my uncle could track me down using his rescources in the city.* She answered.
                      sigpic


                      * = Sign Language
                      ~ = Data-pad
                      " = Mind Speak

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nadgkema knew what it was to have family lock you up for things they didn't understand. She had gone through this for years when raised on Onderon.

                        "Where would you go if you could leave?" She inquired, curious about which gifts this girl might possess, besides the pull in the Force she could feel since they had crossed paths.

                        sig by Jez.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          *If I had a choice and not just jumping on the earliest ship out of this system, I'd choose some place quiet and remote. Some place where I don't have to deal with everyones emotions and worry about having an emotional break down.* Akahana signed, shrugging her shoulders in a "what can you do" response.
                          sigpic


                          * = Sign Language
                          ~ = Data-pad
                          " = Mind Speak

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Now this sounded very interesting, though Nadgkema's expression remained unchanged beneath the hood. A moment later, she finally pulled it down to her shoulders, her gem like eyes resting upon the girl. She had moved with discretion but precision in her gestures.

                            "How sensitive are you to others' emotions?"

                            sig by Jez.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              *It depends on how well I know the person, my concentration and my own feelings.* Akahana signed, startled at her interest in something she considered normal. *I only get basic feelings of someone or a crowd. Like for example in this bar everyone is happy to be out of the rain, but for those who have no wet weather gear and need to be some where they're feeling extremly annoyed and put out by the rain.*

                              *Can't everyone feel eachothers emotions?* Akahana asked in confusion.
                              sigpic


                              * = Sign Language
                              ~ = Data-pad
                              " = Mind Speak

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X