Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All alone in the night (closed)

Posted by Drako on 09-06-2002 02:43 PM:
    All alone in the night {Calling of the Guard part1} (closed)

DarkStar sat in a tree, overlooking the capital, and indeed only city of the Force Vampyre's on Terra. When The Cold had reconstructed the world he had done so down to the very last detail, even this tree, a tree DarkStar remembered from his younth.

Six centuries ago he had sat here to watch the Imperial procession go down the main street of the city. The carridge containing the Supreme Commander of the Death Guard, their ruler, their Emperor, had been drawn by two dragons, supposedly reared and training by the Commander himself. Who knew though, the carridge was blacked out, no one had seen the Commander for over a thousand years, no one except the Darkhorsemen of course but their word on the matter was not exactly reliable.

He thought back to that day, so long ago, he could picture it clearly in his minds eyes, the sun hung low in the sky, the sister world Terran was on the opposite side, clouded in darkness by the shadow of Terra. There had been a breeze, strong enough to flap the shirt he wore. There had been no one else around, everyone else was trying to find a space on the main street to get a closer look.

DarkStar had been content to watch from high above though, he got the best view of the Dragons that way. They were two big red ones, breathing fire into the sky every hundred feet or so. Dragons were one of the two symbols of his people, they showed the strength, courage and indominability of his people.

DarkStar shook his head to clear the memories, the main street was deserted now, there were no Force Vampyres left any more, Chryn and him were the only two who still walked the galaxy, the others, less than three score, were still frozen in stasis. Something had gone wrong with the freezing process, most of those woken so far had died of massive shock to the system, some had died of far worse things.

In light of this the ancient Sith had decided not to revive any more of his kind until he was sure they would be safe. Death did not frighten the Sith Lord, many of his people were afraid of an end to their unnaturally long lives. DarkStar wasn't though, he had seen more of the universe than the whole of his race put together, he was the first Force Vampyre and besides Chryn and Alaria, the only one ever to leave Terra.

DarkStar had walked in death's halls, he knew what to expect when he went back, he did not fear his own death, what did bother him about dying was that it would bring his race one step closer to extinction, that worried him.

He snapped himself out of these thoughts as well to gaze up at the sky. Terran was between Terra and the sun, the planet was cast in darkness save for the light of the stars in the sky and there were thousands of them. He smiled, with it being two sister planets in orbit around each other, neither Terra or Terran had a moon, the only light was from the stars.

Here, in the unknown regions, on the edge of the galaxy, the stars were brighter than those visible to the planets closer to the core. He traced the familiar star clusters in his mind, remembering being shown them as a boy. He had had company then to stare up at the stars with him, now, he was all alone in the night.

The ancient Sith was used to being alone, especially in the night, he felt at home in the darkness, it was like a blanket wrapped around him, like a mother comforting its child, for that was what he was, a child of the darkness, alone in the night was comforting. The days were when DarkStar felt alone, when he had no company and could watch the galaxy going about its buisness, that was when he felt truely alone.

He sighed and dropped down from the tree. He had brought his apprentice Talus with him, he wasn't sure why, for some reason he felt as though the genetically engineered human would appreciate the timelessness of the place. He looked over at Talus, a saddness shown on his features.

"So my young apprentice, now i've forced you to wait here bored while i remiss of my youth, would you like to see the seat of our power, the jewel of the crown of the Force Vampyres, the Citadel of the Death Guard and the Imperial Palace?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-06-2002 02:53 PM:

"Bored m'lord, I thought you to be a stalker of thoughts, especially of mine. You seem to always know exactly what I am thinking, but obviously not now. I have never seen anything such as this, so beautiful and pure. I wish I had a planet such as this to call home, but I have no such world, I am not even sure what planet I actually come from. " Talus sighed heavily, although he was a happy loner, the lack of a home to return to always laid heavily on his heart.

He gazed out over the horizon again, before the last light of the sun was extinguished by Terra's sister world Terran. It was breathtaking, no explanation of the planet would do it justice. He breathed deeply the pure air of the world and nodded towards his master. "I will of course follow you m'lord, who better to guide me through this world than it's eldest son."

He followed a step behind and a step to the right of his master, a position he often held when in his company.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Drako on 09-06-2002 03:15 PM:

DarkStar smiled slightly and lead Talus down the hill towards the city. The great gates of the city were open so the towering bastion walls were no barrier. DarkStar moved quickly down the main street, there was nothing worth seeing here, a few houses and shops, nothing more. It was the Death Guard Headquarters he was intrested in.

As they approached the main citadel DarkStar stopped, he had grown up here, but he was still in awe. The complex towered above them, its towers and spires reaching for the sky, its graceful sweaping arcitecture gave birth to balconies supported by deamons, dragons and other creatures of nightmare.

Not only was the fotress arcitecturally brilliant, it was a masterpiece of defencive craftsman ship as well. Backed against a cliff, the citadel had only one entrance, over a drawbrige, through three sets of protcullises and finally the main doors. Each stage would be a death trap to invading armies as defenders could stand above them and obliterate them with negligable casulties.

That at least was the theory, it had never been put into practise, the armies of the Death Guard were so impressive, no enemy had ever reached the city, let alone the citadel. DarkStar led Talus through all the gates and into the grand reception hall.

Stairs led up and down and halls led off to each side, DarkStar looked around, acessessing the memories storred deep within his subconcious of the layout of the citadel, it had been five hundred years ago but he still remembered perfectly.

"Up stairs on the first floor is the library, very extensive I assure you, on this floor we have the traing halls and down below is the dungeons and alchamists labs. Further up the stairs are the specalist training rooms, the private rooms of the Dark Horsemen, the Imperial throne room and the private quarters of the Supreme Commander, your call as to where we visit first my young apprentice,"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-06-2002 03:33 PM:

Demons, Dragons, and Vampyres, oh my! Talus grinned as he studied the art work that had gone into creating these maginifcents structures. He looked up at one of the tallests ballasts in the fortification, on top of it was perched a stone dragon, with a mouth that was gaped open. Poor fools that would try to storm this gate would have had to face the fiery breath of a dragon, they thought was made of stone. Haha

As he continued walking Talus began to study the citadel, the most maginificent structure he'd seen by far. It seemed to be a temple dedicated to the art of war, but it was more than that. It was an obvious strong hold, that seemed inpenetrable from the ground. Of course it was obviously open to attacks from the sky, but the Force Vampyre's never really had a lot of visitors to their homeworld and never left, besides Lord Darkstar. Glancing over it's battlements he grinned, he could see the dogs of war doing battle at the gate, the hell hounds dragging the fallen warriors to their fate in the netherworld, the smell and aura of battle was all around him, engulfing him in its hypnotic fumes.

Talus began to pick up his feet and walk quicker as they entered the hallowed halls of the Death Guard. He looked up in pure amazement as they entered the foyer, it was beautiful and terrible all at once. Only a true Sith could be comfortable in this place. As he took in the magnitude of this place he heard his master ask what he would like to see. Talus was a bit of an oddity, he liked to fight and train physically, but he was just as happy studying in a library as he was running an enemy through. Turning towards his master he smiled like a child in a candy store.

"The library m'lord, the library." He stood and waited for his master to lead the way.

Posted by Drako on 09-07-2002 02:19 PM:

DarkStar nodded and led them up the stairs. He stopped at the door and, instead of turning the handel he pushed on one of the pannels, which swung inwards. DarkStar reached through and opened the door from the other side. Pushing open the door, carefully avoiding the handel he looked at Talus.

"I sujest you don't touch the handel, unless you want to be turned into a little pile of ash of course, those who followed the discipline of Pestilance were very jealous of their library. There are lots of traps for the unwarey in the citadel, i sujest you say close,"

DarkStar moved through the doorway, carefuly to avoid the handel. DarkStar entered the impressively large library and stopped, looking up at the shelves of books that reached to the ceiling.

He turned to Talus as his apprentice followed him in, he motioned to the shelves,

"Feel free to look around, just avoid any books writen by Armanio Ilestio, they are trapped...and a very boring read anyway, I have other buisness to attend but will return as soon as i can."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-07-2002 02:51 PM:

"I think I can handle avoiding a few books, in a store of knowledge as vast as this m'lord." Talus looked around and found a book entitled The Battles and Conquest of the Dread Death Guard Opening the book he found a large backed chair and sat reading as his master went about his business.

Posted by Drako on 09-07-2002 03:26 PM:

DarkStar left the library and headed up the stairs again. It was the chambres and offices of the Dark Horsemen he was intrested in. He had never got to see their private sancharies, as Sumpreme Commander he suspected it was his right.

The first office he visited was the one belonging to Lord War, his first master and his father-in-law. The man had lived seventeen hundred years when DarkStar was born, and it showed, some Force Vampyres remained young forever, some aged slowly, but noticeably, no one knew why, Lord War had been one of the later. He had looked like an old man at the time of DarkStar's birth, six centuries. When DarkStar had killed him he had looked ancient.

The office was exactly as DarkStar remembered it from six hundred years ago. Plain and boring, so unlike the man who had occupied it. The office did not intrest DarkStar though, he knew it well. It was the man's private chambres DarkStar was intrested in, he really wanted to understand the enigma of Lord War.

DarkStar pushed open the door at the back of the office, leading into the personal chambres, it wasn't trapped as DarkStar had expected it to be but then, it hadn't needed to be. The room beyond was sparse and as devoid of furniture as DarkStar's only quarters. He let out a short laugh, Lord War and he were more alike that either of them cared to admit.

These were the sleeping quarters, the next room would be the inner sanctum, DarkStar hesitated before entering, almost afriad that what lay beyond the door would be so much like his own.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-07-2002 09:37 PM:

Talus continued reading the book he had chosen. It spoke of the Supreme Commander and the power and glory they had and the respect and fear they commanded. It seems the universe is lucky this race never grew tired of the confines of their own planet. Talus could just see how the galaxy would have ended up had the Force Vampyres of Terra taken to the heavens.

Perhaps their contenment with their own home was their very downfall. Darkstar mentioned that there were only a handful of force vampyres left in the galaxy and that the majority of them were in stasis. Presumably from the Galactic Empires attack on their world. The emperor was no fool, he knew exactly what groups to fear. It was a shame that his followers were not as thorough as he though, he truly could have made something of the galaxy.

Talus' thoughts, musings and theories soon stopped however as he came across an interesting tale of a race of winged visitors who came to the planet seeking to create an order of force adept light siders and spoke of a great battle in which the small band of intruders nearly staved off a host of Death Guard warriors, but were eventually wiped out. The author portrayed many theories about these visitors, all were intersting. But Talus was intrigued by a certain theory claiming that these beings were actually the basis of the Cosmic angel legends. Talus had often wondered about these legendary creatures and the type of power they possessed. The story however seemed to end abruptly with no mention again of these beings.

Posted by Drako on 09-08-2002 01:26 PM:

Finally, after a what seemed like an age DarkStar took a deep breath and stepped forward, pushing the door open. The room beyond was in total darkness, this part of the citadel was away from the outerwalls, so there were no windows. DarkStar raised his left hand and swept it downwards.

Several lamps slowly illuminated themselves, shedding a dim light through the room. In the centre sat a patterned rug, around it were the standard inscece burners almost all Force Vampyres used. DarkStar slowly approached the shrine in the darkness at the far end of the room.

Two unlit candels sat at either side of a small wooden case. Slowly DarkStar opened the case, almost afriad that was with would be the same as the centrepiece of his own shire. It wasn't. Lord War's centrepiece was a multifacited gem, each side was a different colour, but each changed constantly. DarkStar could see why his father-in-law had used it, he chuckled, the centre piece of his shrine was a Dragon Sabre, much more appropriate for him.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-08-2002 01:49 PM:

Talus continued reading, he felt a chill come over him as he did so. It seemed that something was watching him, from a distance. He did not know if that something was friend or foe, but he did not like the fact that it had gotten as close to him as it had without him noticiing.

My little voyeur friend, you best not have any ideas in your little head or I may be forced to spill them out of your head for you. He thought to himself. By instinct he ran his hand down his leg to his right boot and drew a razor sharp stihletto into his hand. Not a very intimidating defense, but an undetectable one. He smiled and continued on his reading. He allowed his thoughts to wander away from his watcher. But he still sensed it there behind him only a few meters away, watching his every move.

Posted by Drako on 09-08-2002 03:41 PM:

DarkStar left the sanctum of his father-in-law, he had seen enough. Even at this distance DarkStar could feel his apprentice's unease. Pulling his cloak tightly around him DarkStar felt a chill, having spent so much time with The Cold, DarkStar should have been imune, but for some reason it chilled him to his vey core.

Something was wrong, the ancient Force Vampyre knew that much for certain, what, he had no idea, not yet any way. Like a dark wind of evil the Sith Lord swept from Lord War's office and back down the stairs.

Whatever it was took flight at his approach, it was intrested in Talus and afriad of the ancient Sith. DarkStar walked up to the library door, he was in too much of a rush to bother with the trapped door handel. Without breaking stride he ignited Widowmaker and cut his way through, the slashes were so perfectly timed that the Sith Lord didn't have to even slow down.

He entered the library, the Dragonsabre still ingited in his hand, he looked round, almost expecting something to leap out at him but nothing did. He walked slowly over to Talus, decativating Widowmaker as he did.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-08-2002 03:52 PM:

Talus heard the ominous *snap-hiss* of a light saber being ignited spinning in his chair he thrust his arm forward, the tip of the blade just barely sticking out from his hand. As he drove his hand forward he suddenly stopped and pulled his arm back quickly not wanting to lose it to his master's blade.

"I take it you sensed it as well, master." Talus growled, his Genetic make-up caused his body to release endorphins and andrenaline into his blood stream when he sensed danger. His eyes seemed nearly bloodshot and his breathing was quickened, he seemed to be nearly on the brink of rage, however there was an odd calm as well about him. It was his paradox, when in the heat of battle he could stand on the brink of a berserker rage and yet just hold back the tide, another gift he supposed.

"It seemed to move when your light saber ignited. But it was in this room whatever it was." Talus sniffed at the air, another gift from his creators. Nothing but burnt ozone and the normal smell of his master. Talus then shrugged and sat back down and picked his book up. "Did you find what you were searching for m'lord?" He asked casually.

Posted by Drako on 09-08-2002 04:14 PM:

DarkStar looked round, his Force sense streached out wide. He furrowed his brow, there was nothing, whatever it was had simply vannished and he didn't like that. He gave a low whistle. Moments later the white wolf padded in. It hadn't been on the shuttle with them and it hadn't been here when they arrived, yet it was here now. The wolf always seemed to be where its master called it, regardless of distance.

DarkStar looked down at the wolf, there seemed to be a comunication between them for a moment then he scratched behind its ear.

"Find it,"

The wolf padded off instantly and DarkStar turned to Talus, glancing down at the weapon in his hand, he grinned.

"I hope you weren't planning on sticking me with that? We should follow the wolf, if it is still on Terra he will find it,"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 06:42 AM:

Talus turned towards his master and spoke; "Nope more like take your throat out, but that's when you were something that went bump in the night. Since it was you though, I figured I could give you a hair cut and a shave." He then got out of his chair and motioned to his master. "After you m'lord, by all means after you."

Posted by Drako on 09-09-2002 03:03 PM:

DarkStar set off after the wolf at a walking pace, the wolf was only going slowly, nose to the floor. Any door in its way simply swung open and the wolf never changed pace.

DarkStar's mind wandered again, to the last time he had walked these halls, he knew where it led, to the throne room. The last time he had been here was when all four dark horsemen had summoned him to tell him it was time to leave.

The ship had been found several years before, it had been shot down by the Force Vampyre's space faring allies, the Chiss. The Chiss protected Terra's space and the Force Vampyres supplied battle technology and slaves for the Chiss.

Lord Famine's men had found the ship on a slave run, they had brought it back to the city and Lord Pestilance's men had managed to fix it up, with a few traded parts from the Chiss. It had been decided unanimously by the dark horsemen that it should be him, to this day he didn't know why they had chosen him but they had.

He had been studying the dicipline of War, under Lord War himself, a great honour. When he was selected he had been fast tracked through the training and then sent to be taught by Lady Death herself, the first to do so in over four hundred years. She had taught him well. He could still remember her perfectly as he remembered everything. She stood out in his mind though, she had been like his mother who had died when DarkStar was very young.

She was older than Lord War by at least three hundred years, possibly more, yet while he appeared an old man, she appeared always young and incalcualbly beautiful. DarkStar had always suspected she used a glamour, a very powerful illusion in the Force, powerful enough to decive even Sith Masters.

He had never been able to prove it though, she was good, better than he would ever be at illusions. He finally snapped out of his memories as they entered the throne room, the wolf had stopped infront of the throne.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 03:26 PM:

Talus walked behind his master quietly, observing the halls as they followed the white wolf. Lord Darkstar seemed distant as they entered the magnificent throne room. As the wolf stopped his master seemed to come too.

I don't like the feeling of this place, I can't pick anything up, there is no depth in the shadows, no smell in the air, no sounds of a breeze or anything natural.

He then spoke to his master; "I'm guessing this is a throne room of sorts, m'lord, but why are we here? What has your four-legged friend found for us?" Talus felt a chill as he spoke the words. This was going to get ugly...

Posted by Drako on 09-09-2002 04:08 PM:

DarkStar looked round the throne room, it was the same as ever, physically anyway. There was something wrong though, when the wolf bared its teeth and growled DarkStar knew he was right.

"It has found your observer my young apprentice,"

DarkStar looked round again for the observer, he could feel that he was being watched. The room seemed to be wrong some how, as with Talus, the shadows, the air, it all seemed wrong. He leaned closer to Talus.

"Whatever happens, no matter how bad things get, don't ignite your sabre, you won't like the results,"

For the moment that ment DarkStar was weaponless, he couldn't use his lightning claws either, and Death Bringer was safely aboard the Dreamchaser in orbit.

His senses were wide open but he could feel nothing, but if the wolf said something was here, then something was here, of that there was no doubt.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 04:25 PM:

Talus pulled his long black leather trench coat back and displayed his empty belt. "I do not have a sabre to ignite my lord. Should I draw my blade though? It is the only weapon I have. "

Talus' senses were on edge, the slightest movement other than the wolf's or his masters would send him into action. What he would do was not determined yet, but unless ordered by his master he would not stand and let death come to him.

Posted by Drako on 09-09-2002 04:36 PM:

DarkStar nodded and motioned for Talus to draw whatever weapon he chose.

"The room is protected from all forms of energy weapons, stopped all assassination attempts on the commander or the dark horsemen."

He motioned silently for Talus to head to the throw. He looked at the wolf who padded into the shadows, sirting the outside of the room. DarkStar himself lept upwards, landing on the balcony he began his advance towards the end of the throne room as well.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 07:45 PM:

Talus moved slowly towards the throne, the ominous feeling grew stronger as he approached it.

I think I got the short end of the... before he could finish his thought, Talus felt his body seize up. He was paralyzed completely, he couldn't even move his eyes. Suddenly he was lifted up into the air, with arms outstreched, as if he were being crucified. The total paralysis ended however and Talus could move his mouth.

"Master.... Help me." He screamed. He felt something trying to invade his mind, Talus fought back defiantely against it.

"I can't fight it much longer m'lord..." Talus' voice was chagning as he moaned for help. A shadow was beginning to envelope him.

Posted by Drako on 09-10-2002 01:04 AM:

DarkStar made no move to help his apprentice, he knew there was nothing he could do anyway. The white wolf however was different, in a few short bounds it covered the distance between itself and Talus.

It stood next to him, fangs bared, growling dangerously. Dispite its apparent weaknessm even a Sith Lord would be hard pressed to survive a battle with the wolf. The unseen assialant seemed to realise this and released Talus, probebly to give flight.

It was too late for that thouth, the ancient Sith had alread reached the end of the balcony, dropping down he landed near the throne. DarkStar could not sense him, but he could see him, stood just behind the throne.

Like a dark wind of death the Force Vampyre sprinted the distance, the watcher would not escape him, not this time.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-10-2002 12:38 PM:

Talus hit the floor with a thud, his arms and legs felt like gelaltin. His vision was fuzzy from the fall, but he saw his master drop from the cieling and the wolf snarling at a shadow of something. Somehow he could see a shadow of whatever it was that had attacked him.

"Master 2 steps in front of you to your left." He yelled. He tried to stand, but the rooms began to spin, he looked down and saw a puddle of blood on the floor, a wound had opened on his head from the fall. He stayed on his knees, watching his master stalk his prey. He could see what his master couldn't and would be his eyes for him.

Posted by Drako on 09-10-2002 01:34 PM:

DarkStar lept the last of the distance in a single bound, catching the watcher by the wrist as they turned to flee. Spinning them back in his direction DarkStar brought his powerful fist round, coliding with their cloaked head.

The watcher fell limp in DarkStar's grim and crumpled to the floor. He leaned forwards and pushed the hood back, he realed back at once. The features were elfin, the woman, for that was what it was, was a Force Vampyre, of that there was no mistake, but DarkStar did not know her, or at least he didn't think he did but the features were vaguely familiar.

He noticed Talus crumpled on the floor, he sighed and picked the woman up and carried her over to Talus where he began to administer his basic field first aid to stem the bleeding, that was something he could thank Lord War for.

When the bleeding stopped he took the woman from the wolf's watchful gase and bound her with some of the tapastries hanging from the wall, then he carried them both out of the throne room and down to the mess hall so he could light a fire and use his lightsabre if need be.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-10-2002 01:43 PM:

Talus saw his master capture the watcher and then fell over, the blood loss was becoming too great. The next thing he remembered he was outside of the throne room and saw a woman bound in tapestries next to his master. It seemed he was being followed by a Force Vampyre.

"It seems my raw animal charm, has swayed yet another woman master." He spoke with a smile, Talus could always make light of a situation.

"Who is she? She looks like one of your kind, m'lord, but I thought all but you and Lord Chyrnn were dead?" He asked inquisitively. He strangely felt no desire to kill his attacker, he wanted to know why she had been following him and who she was, then they could kill her.

Posted by Drako on 09-10-2002 02:04 PM:

"I don't know...yet,"

Said DarkStar simply, he had just finished heating a knife he had found in the kitchens and, holding it with a cloth pressed it against Talus's head to cauterize the wound.

That done DarkStar turned to the woman who was just starting to come round, the oddness of that suddenly struch DarkStar, Force Vampyres couldn't be knocked unconcious. He walked over to her and spoke in the Forcce Vampyre tongue.

"Who are you?"

He recieved no reply, the woman just looked at him, something approaching regonition in her eyes but he still couldn't place her face, then it hit him. He didn't know her but he knew her mother.

"Who are you?"

He asked again, this time in the common tongue of the galaxy, again he got no responce. He looked at Talus and beconded him over, he told him how to ask the question in the Force Vampyre language and instructed him to ask her.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-10-2002 02:50 PM:

Talus listned carefully and the walked to the captive female.

"Who are you?" He asked sharply and callously.

He looked over her closely observing her facial features. She was beautiful, but that did not excuse her attempt on his life.

Talus dropped to the ground beside her and spoke the words again; "Who are you?"

The woman then replied using the tongue of Talus' master and hissed at him. She obviously was uninterested in Talus at the moment.

Posted by Drako on 09-12-2002 01:03 PM:

DarkStar stepped forward and backhanded the woman across the face, his eyes were fixed directly on hers, he hadn't liked her answer, he hadn't liked it one bit.

"Perhaps you will answer to the Mord-Sith,"

A flicker of emotion passed over her face as he refered to the Death Guard's master of pain, he grinned wickedly and pushed her to the ground. Reaching out with the Force he summoned his apprentice, Lord Chryn, it would take him a couple of hours to get here, till then, they would watch her.

"So, my young apprentice, except for the unfortunate event of someone trying to kill you, how are you finding my world?"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-12-2002 01:18 PM:

Talus turned to his master, his face was twisted in disgust, but slowly the mask of calm he usually held came back.

"Besides this thing, your world is beautiful and majestic m'lord, but you'll pardon me if I'm not my normal talkative self, I don't enjoy having people trying to choke me or follow me and I'd very much like to draw her blood with my blade. But I can wait, there is a time and place for everything." He grinned sadisticlly as the last words rolled off his tongue. This was a side of him he often did not show, when he took an attack on him personally and desired blood in payment for his pride.

Turning over the bound female he slapped her across the face.

"I may not yet be able to kill you, but when I am trained, I will make sure you bleed out slowly, and I bathe myself in it. Do you understand me," he then spat on her face and walked away to meditate, so he could regain his calm.

Posted by Drako on 09-13-2002 01:41 PM:

DarkStar looked over at the woman again, he studied her for a long time, her features, he build. At last he spoke to her in the language of the Force Vampyres.

"I knew your mother, along time ago but tell me young one, who was your father?"

The woman looked up at him, he thought he saw a flicker of regocnition in her eyes, as though at last she knew who he was. Then it was gone and she spat on him. He backhanded her across the face again, knocking her to the floor. He looked over at Talus,

"Go, Chryn's shuttle will be here soon, greet him and bring him here,"

OOC/There are no trees in my mess hall thankyou very much \IC

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-13-2002 02:11 PM:

Talus saw the insolent ***** spit in his master's face and lept to his feet quickly, dagger drawn. After he saw Lord Darkstar backhand her he placed the dagger back in its sheath.

Nodding at his master's order he left the Citadel and waited for Lord Chyrn's shuttle to arrive.

Damnit if I was only stronger I would have killed her where she stood when she attacked me! Talus was angry, at himself for being caught off-offguard and being weaker than an assailant. He was pacing, cursing the universe when he heard the faint hum of shuttle retro-thrusters maneuvaring the lambda shuttle to the ground. As it landed, the loading ramp lowered and a majestic figure stepped began walking down towards Talus.

So this was Master's first apprentice...

Talus bowed his head in respect for the Mord-Sith and spoke solemnly; "Lord Chyrn I presume? I am Talus Invictus, another apprentice of Lord Darkstar's, if you would follow me I'll take you to him."

Posted by Drako on 09-14-2002 01:37 PM:

Lord Chryn as a tall, gaunt man, he looked more like a skeleton with skin streached over it than a man, the elfin ears and the high cheekbones marked him as a Force Vampyre though.

He regarded Talus with the same cold distaste he observed all none Force Vampyres, he sneeared.

"Lead on cattle,"

Chryn then proceeded to ignore Talus other than to follow him.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-14-2002 01:43 PM:

Talus grit his teeth and maintained his composure.
    So much for a warm welcome, but if he want's to be an ***, I can be one as well.

Talus broad muscular frame moved smoothly down the streets of the city and towards the citadel. His hands were still clenched tightly from the insult that had gone unchecked.

Talus arrived at the Citadel and motioned towards to arrogant Force Vampyre; "Lord Darkstar is through these doors, in the dining hall. I will allow you to go unhindered from here on out." Talus had paid special attention to the traps set up in the Citadel that his master had shown him and decided to give the Sith Lord a test to prove he was who he said he was. He would have to navigate the traps of the Death Guard on his own.

Posted by Drako on 09-15-2002 02:30 PM:

The Sith Knight passed the Death Guard traps as though they were second nature, which they were. This was his home after all. He entered the mess hall and walked straight up to DarkStar, he looked down at the woman and gave a sharp intake of breath then relaxed. He laughed, a thin reedy sound.

"Yes, I know who she looks like,"

Said DarkStar,

"Find out who she is, what she is doing here and why she was after my apprentice, I leave you to you're trade,"

DarkStar stood and glided out of the room, unwilling to watch what was about to follow. He went over to Talus.

"I appologise about Chyrn, he is a bit of an ***, but then, i never really got round to teaching him to appreciate the strengths of other species. While he's doing what he does best, what other part of the citadel do you wish to explore?"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-15-2002 03:30 PM:

Talus was still angry, but he could let it pass, Lord Chryn was important to his master, and Lord Darkstar was the closest thing Talus had to a father, so he would endure the tongue of the arrogant force vampyre and in the process keep himself from being torn to shreds by him as well.

"It is alright m'lord. I've been called worse. However those people are not breathing right now..." Talus cool voice belied the fire in his eyes.

As he clenched his fist and then dropped them to his side, he realised that he was totally unarmed, with the exception of the small knife he had on his boot. Grinning at the prospect of browsing through a virtual warehouse of unused weapons, Talus knew his next destination.

"I would like to see the armory Lord Darkstar."

Posted by Drako on 09-19-2002 02:43 PM:

DarkStar chuckled, knowing his apprentice would be very suprised by what he found in the armouries. He motioned for Talus to follow him and head off.

"I wouldn't advise starting a fight with Chryn, he may still be an apprentice, but he has four hundred years of training to back him up and an arsnal of Force powers that far out strips my own."

DarkStar fell silent and opened the door to the armouries, the walls of the vast room were lined with Dragon sabres, the weapon of the Death Guard, all shades, makes, sizes, they were all here. The centre of the room was taken up by the equipment used in their manufacture.

A small door on the far wall led into the storeroom where all the materials required to make a sabre were found. DarkStar encompassed the room with a sweaping gesture.

"Behold the forge of the Death Guard."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-19-2002 07:18 PM:

"I had no intention to fight him m'lord," Talus grinned as he continued; "I maybe arrogant, but foolishness does not always coincide with arrogance."

Talus looked at the hilts of the weapons, each similar yet strikinly different to the weapons his master carried. Each exquisite in it's own way. He was however particularly fond of the longer saber's. Talus took in the vastness of the Death Guard Forge and felt his jaw go slightly agape.

"It is unbelievable, m'lord. A dragon saber forge, I never dreamed that these immaculate weapons would not be made individually, but rather in a communal forge. They all seem to have such a personal aura to them." Talus just looked around at the wonder that was the Death Guard Amoury and waited for his master to speak again.

Posted by Drako on 09-20-2002 01:04 AM:

DarkStar hummed and harred for a moment, deciding how best to reply.

"How can I put it...this is like a classroom, the master smiths taught the art of making sabres here, most Force Vampyres prefered to create their own forges and make their weapons in private. Though it was possible to 'hire' out this place to contruct your sabre if no where else was available."

DarkStar raised his hand, the machinery which had lain dormant for decades came to life, a silent hum and a crackle of fire.

"Now my young apprentice, while we are here, I will teach you how to build a Dragon sabre..."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-20-2002 12:57 PM:

...A Dragon Saber.

Feared weapon of the Death Guard, wonderous blades of his master, and now he too would have one.

"I am to wield a weapon of the Death Guard m'lord? To learn the secrets of forging these deadly weapons? Am I worthy of such knowledge and instruction?" Talus was honored beyond even his own arrogance. He was unsure how he'd been deemed worthy of carrying such a weapon and wielding such knowledge but he would not dishonor the traditions set before him.

"If it is true m'lord then I am ready to learn..."

Posted by Drako on 09-23-2002 01:49 PM:

"Be warned, the making is difficult, it may even kill you...if you have any doubts, say so now..."

DarkStar had begun brining the required materials to make two sabres from the store room, including the soul jars that were the key that made a Dragon sabre different to a normal Lightsabre.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-23-2002 03:17 PM:

"M'lord, you have questioned me before I was your apprentice and I did not fear death even, I respected it. I have faced you in training and I did not fear death, I faced it. And I will make these sabers and not fear death, but weild it." He smiled confidently. His master had faith in him and that was enough for Talus, who always had faith in himself.

"Instruct me, I will learn."

Posted by Drako on 09-23-2002 03:29 PM:

DarkStar nodded and motioned Talus over to the machine. He laid out the pieces required to make 1 dragon sabre.

"Watch closely, I will preform each stage then alow you to copy,"

DarkStar fitted the first few mechanical parts toghether, amplifiers, focuser, etc, the crystal, power suply, and the soul jar he did not touch yet. He looked over at Talus to make sure he was following.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-23-2002 03:36 PM:

Talus copied his motions almost as quickly as Lord Darkstar did them. He placed each part of the saber in it's correct position, just as his master had done. He cautiously eyed the jar that contained a strange energy cloud in it.

"What are those master?" He said confuse, pointing towards the Jars.

Posted by Drako on 10-11-2002 11:59 AM:

"Those are the souls of Dragons,"

He chuckled as he handed one of them to Talus, taking the other for himself. He seemed to prepare himself for a moment.

"With a normal lightsabre, you fuse the componats with the Force, not so with a Dragonsabre, you tame the Dragon and fuse the weapon with it, that way the sabre is semi-intelligent and will only respond to you, watch and do not copy till I am finished,"

DarkStar opened the jar, the soul of the Dragon reared up and he attacked with the Force, fighting and bending the creature to his will, when it was subdued he forced it into the sabre, and the weapon burst into life as the Dragon fused it together and powered it.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 10-11-2002 02:13 PM:

Talus nodded and opened the jar. The soul of the beast lashed out at him, knocking Talus on his backside. Rising Talus' eyes flashed as he begin to push back with the force against the spirit. The creature was strong, much stronger than Talus, but Talus would not heed it's strength.

"You will bend to my will or you will no longer be spirit..." Talus growled, as he pushed back against the etheral dragon. Slowly the creature's soul began to fuse with the blade, but it continued to resist. Finally Talus summoned all the power he could and threw it at the creature and the Saber roared to life. Talus gripped it and examined it's glowing crimson blade. Grinning he named it, Clavis Neco , the key to death.

Posted by Drako on 11-03-2002 01:26 PM:

"Exellent,"

DarkStar spoke simply, taking the weapon from Talus he inspected it, it was simple, not at all like the lovingly carved weapons the ancient Sith carried. He handed it back.

"Bring it to me when we return to TSE, I will carve it for you,"

He looked at something, furrowed his brow then looked back at Talus, clearing away what the tools they had used.

"Come, Chryn should have finished by now, and I want some answers,"

He rose and headed to the door, waiting for Talus to join him there before continuing back to the mess hall.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-04-2002 07:49 AM:

Talus placed the simple instrument of death on his hip and moved quickly to fall in behind his master. Stepping carefully so as not to activate any traps, he followed a step behind his master, mimicking his movements.

"So who is this girl?" Talus asked his master, he'd seen the gleam of recognition in his eyes when he looked at her and heard the comments made to Chyrn. His master already knew who this assailant was, Talus was quickly learning that there wasn't much his master didn't know.

"Why does do I not see Chryn much m'lord, you are not oft gone from the halls of the Empire and I've not seen him there. Or is he and it just escapes my abilities as of yet to detect him?" Talus laughed at the last comment, he did not often admit weakness to anyone, but his master knew what Talus was capable and incapable of and it was of no use to be arrogant around him.

Posted by Drako on 11-08-2002 02:58 PM:

DarkStar laughed, concidering what he should tell Talus, or rather how much.

"Chryn is beyond your power when he chooses to be, but he never walks the halls of the Empire and I am away far more than you realise, but I have not taught Chryn anything for years,"

He rounded a corner, stopping, not wishing to enter the mess hall till he had imparted the information to Talus that he wished to.

"I do not know who she is...but I know who her mother was, she was my first master, Lady Death, second in comand of the Death Guard, I was not aware however that she had any children,"

He seemed to concider this for a moment before taking hold of the door handle and opening it, letting it swing open he stepped into the room. Chryn was sat, idly cleaning his tools, the woman was only semi-concious, she would have been unconcious if Force Vampyres were capable of entering such a state.

DarkStar led Talus over to the two of them, a grim expression on his face. For some reason, he wasn't quite sure why, he choose to adress Chryn in their native tongue, the musical, romantic language of the Force Vampyres.

"Well, what have you learnt, who is she?"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-09-2002 08:15 PM:

Talus stood quietly and watched his master and his master's eldest apprentice converse in their native tongue. Though he knew nothing about the language he suscpected that his master was asking who the woman was, his master was direct and to the point on matters such as these.

Looking down he felt his chest burn at the sight of the figure who'd dare attack him. He had a saber, he contemplated carrying out the threat he'd issued to her earlier, but she was his master's to do with as he pleased.

Posted by Drako on 11-14-2002 03:40 PM:

Exactly who you think she is

Came Chryn's reply in the romantic language of the Force Vampyres.

She is Lady Death's daughter, and you really don't want to know who her father is, or who she clames her father is

Drako arched an eyebrow. Chryn looked round and straight at Talus, he seemed unsure how to comunicate the next piece of information at last he settled on another language, one that was as alien to the previous one as it had been to common, this one was harsh and gutteral, like the language of some feral creature.

She claims that the Supreme Commander was her father,

Drako swore, in common. He turned and looked at Talus, or perhaps looked him over was closer to the point. He spoke in common now, wanting Talus to hear the exchange from here on.

"So what did she want with Talus?"

Chryn gave a non-commital shrug

"I really have no idea, I don't think she needs to feed, she doesn't appear to be ageing, unless she noticed his unusally high midichlorine count and wanted to diablarise him,"

Chryn shruged again and Drako fell into thought, things were happening that he didn't like, who knows what would happen next perhaps the heart of...

He let the thought trail off and with it the colour from his face. He looked at Chryn, then the woman and back to Chryn.

"Do not let her out of your sight."

He turned to Talus.

"Come, we must go, the supreme comanders private quarters, follow,"

Drako set of at a near run up the stairs, the only word to describe it was near panic, the first Talus had ever seen in the eyes of his normally stoic master.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-14-2002 07:28 PM:

Talus was confused to say the least, the two ancient sith's were switching languages more often than a Hutt bathes, that and the look of what Talus could not describe any other way than fear on his master's emotionless visage.

"Master, what is the matter, I've never seen you react like this before? Are you not the Supreme Commander of the Death Guard now?" Talus asked as he followed behind the ancient Sith Lord trying his damnedest to keep up.

Posted by Drako on 11-15-2002 01:10 PM:

Drako was hurrying but it was a long climb to the top of the citadel so he slowed down, not only to conserve energy but so that he had air free with which to speak.

"I am, but I wasn't always. My predecessor was a Force Vampyre so old many believe he died centuries before i was even born."

Drako entered a stair well, it was wide enough for them to walk abreast so he aloud his apprentice to catch up and climbed, quicker than normal, but not as quick as he could.

"He was very powerful, or so the elders claimed, though I have never met him, or even seen him. That woman downstairs claims to be his daughter."

Drako sighed, climbing a while further before continuing with his tale and deciding how best to word it.

"Millenia before I was born a Sith Lord came here to Terran, he taught the Force Vampyres many things and left something with us, something that he told us to guard with out lives and never let anyone take from us."

Drako swollowed hard, even speaking of the thrice damned thing sent shudders through him, it was a terrible thing to be hold, black, like the void, it seemed to suck your soul from you if you starred at it.

"It was called the Death Stone, or by some the Heart of Darkness and we put it in the throne of the Supreme Commander, just above his head, where all could see it, and guard it. That is why we are called the Death Guard, for we guard the Death Stone."

Drako could feel his throat drying up. His memories invaded his thoughts now, the last time he had seen the stone, above the head of Lady Death as she had sat in judgement of some rebel slaves. Like a great black eye it had watched all. Drako had been glad when they had removed the throne and Lady Death had returned to the throne they had already seen in the Great Hall.

"In a way it mirrors our race, only its true master may touch it, anyone else who even trys is drained of their medichlorines, left a lifeless husk,"

Drako shuddered, remembering Lady Death forcing the rebels to touch it, seeing the agony as it drained them of their very souls, it was far slower and far more painful than what the feeding of his race and somehow unsettling.

"When the Supreme Commander passed away, and I assure you he has, I saw the corpse,"

But had he, a shadow of doubt crept into his mind now, the corpse had been rotted and decayed. He didn't even know what the Supreme Commader looked like, all he knew was that the damaged stasis chamber had borne the Imperial seal but could he be sure.

"Then mastership of the stone passed to his daughter, unless he gave it to someone, which i doubt. Who knows the destruction she could reak with that stone. I am a Sith granted, but the horror of that stone is just too much for even me, we must ensure it stays here, on Terran, no matter what the cost,"

But how would they do that Drako wondered to himself, niether of them could touch it, even looking on it would sap them of their strength and will, it would draw them in. All that aside Drako knew what he had to do and hurried his step towards the top of the citadel.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-15-2002 01:21 PM:

"Can it be destroyed?" Talus asked. He was starting to feel a bit eerie about this entire situation.

"So that's what she wanted with me..." Talus growled, another reason to cut her heart out and show it to her before she died.

"That second language you used, it sounded nothing like your native tongue master, what was it's signifigance?"

So many questions, so few steps left for his master to answer them.

Posted by Drako on 11-15-2002 02:05 PM:

"I have no idea if it can be destroyed, and I have no inclination to try, you don't want to know what happens when someone tries,"

The steps were drawing few, there was only a couple more floors and they would be there.

"I could tell you about that language, but then i'd have to kill you,"

He shot Talus a sideways grin as they hurried on but mentioned nothing more about it, meaning he probebly ment what he had said.

"As for what she wants, I wouldn't associate her wants with the stone if I were you, you will see why soon I hope, if it is still there..."

Drako stepped off the stair well, before them was a long corridor, at the end, two large heavy, iron set doors. Drako began walking down the corridor. He glanced at Talus.

"I want you to open the doors when we get there but whatever happens, for the sake of your soul do not ignite your sabre,"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-15-2002 02:20 PM:

Talus simply nodded as he listened to his master. Once the approached the doors Talus placed his large palms on each of them, concentrating on the force he pressed.

kreeaaaakkk..... The doors opened with a creak and a groan. Talus looked up and was in awe and in terror at the same time.

"What..."

Posted by Drako on 11-15-2002 02:31 PM:

Drako was stood just behind Talus as the doors opened, he knew what to expect. As Talus pushed the massive doors open Drako leaped up onto his back and forwards. He caught the razor blade as it flew downwards.

He landed just infront of Talus and threw the trap aside before focusing on the throne before him. He breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the Heart was still embedded in the throne. He tensed though as he felt the tug on his mind. The will of the Heart trying to overrule his own.

It drew everyone who looked at it, trying to persuade them to touch it, to hold it, to feed it. Force Vampyres had lived and grown up in the shadow of the heart for millenia, they were resistant to its influence. But Talus wasn't, as the thought struck Drako he spun round to his apprentice...

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-15-2002 02:40 PM:

"I must have it...I will not be denied..." The only words that came out of Talus' mouth as he used the most powerful force push he could amass to knock his suprised master backwards and out of his way.

The dreadlocked disciple then sprinted towards the stone, it called to him, he ached to touch it as a young boy aches to touch his young lover. Faster he ran, faster than he'd ever moved in his life, it seemed the stone made him even more powerful than he could have imagined.

"It's mine..." He said as he reached out to take posession of it.

Posted by Drako on 11-15-2002 02:48 PM:

In an instant Drako understood what was going on, an instant later he reacted in the only way he could. He unleashed his silent thunder, but not from himself as he normally did. He released it around the Heart.

He threw everything he had into the attack, he had to make sure Talus did not touch the stone. The heavy air struck Talus like an atom bomb striking a small village. He was blasted across the room with such force he went through the wall.

Drako hadn't had time to direct the attack so it struck him as well, but the Sith Lord was stronger than Talus and better prepared. He met the wave with another of his own, cancelling them out, leaving his cloak flapping but little else of worry. He held out his hand, palm facing the throne and a shield fell down over the Heart, hiding it from view. Dusting himself off, for a decade of decay had been disturbed by the silent thunder, he went to check on Talus.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-15-2002 02:52 PM:

"Unnh..." Talus groaned, he was covered in debris from the wall and bleeding once again from his skull.

"Did anyone get the call-sign of that frieghter that just came through here." He grunted groggily. He'd never experienced anything like he'd just been hit with, it was immense. It felt like everybone in his body was broken, broken or bruised. He tried to stand, but he had no air to feed his muscles.

"What just happened m'lord..."

Posted by Drako on 11-15-2002 03:11 PM:

"I just threw you through a wall,"

Said Drako calmly, he was shifting some of the rubble from atop Talus, allowing his apprentice to move more freely. He shifted a larger stone atop Talus's chest, restoring the flow of air to his lungs.

"The heart took control, it drew you forwards, I had to stop you touching it,"

Drako wasn't pleading for forgiveness as he said this, or trying to explain his actions. He was making the point that he would protect Talus from a greater evil by using a lesser one. He stood, banging his hands together to clear the dust of his black gloves before helping Talus back to his feet.

He helped the injured Talus back through the room containing the Heart, with the cover on though Talus was not effected by the sirens call of the Heart. Drako didn't fancy the prospect of carrying Talus down the many flights of stairs and niether did he fancy levitating him down he would wait till his apprentice got his breath back.

He walked over to he throne and tapped a combination into the armcontrol, locking the shield in place so no one could accidently removed it. He thought it strange that the cover had been off when they entered the room but said nothing. He took Talus out into the corridor and put him on the floor, lent against a wall.

Drako sat down next to his apprentice, waiting patiently for his apprentice to get his breath back, his mind was full of questions and he intended to get answers, one way or another.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-15-2002 03:16 PM:

Talus sat in the corridor coughing the dust from his lungs. He'd never been hit that hard in his life.

"I see..." He grunted. He did not question his master, if Drako said that was the only way to save him then Talus would accept it, he had no other choice.

"What was that, I felt the most enormous surge of energy when i was trying to reach the stone, like I was getting stronger with each step. And by the way, what the hell was that you hit me with?" Talus was regaining his composure.

Posted by Drako on 11-15-2002 03:25 PM:

"I do not understand the power of the Heart so I cannot tell you what happened. What I hit you with was another matter."

Drako pulled his gloves on tighter, rising and waiting for Talus to do the same.

"My Silent Thunder, a power I have developed over the centuries, it involves compressing air and blasting it outwards from a point, that is what hit you, heavy air. I will teach it to you one day, now come, we must return to the mess hall and the woman,"

He was stood by the stairwell now, waiting for Talus so they could walk side by side, just incase he needed to catch him should he fall, Drako had didn't often use his Silent Thunder with such power and he had no idea what damage he had caused.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-15-2002 03:51 PM:

Talus followed his master down the stairs gingerly. He was still dazed from the blast but he would survive.

"I look forward to learning it..." Talus said half sacrastically half earnestly, he did look forward to learning from his master, he just knew that he oft learned by example from him.

Also look forward to catching you off-guard with it... He laughed to himself. He hoped one day to be able to spar with his master at full speed and be able to just once catch him off-guard. He aspired so much to be like his master, become his equal someday, it was a lofty aspiration, but one Talus would work fervantly to attain.

Posted by Drako on 11-17-2002 02:03 PM:

Drako didn't appear to be paying attention to his apprentice's thoughts, or attempting to guess as he didn't comment. He simply concentrated on going down the stairs his thoughts else where.

As they re-entered the mess hall they saw Chryn bound and gaged on the floor and two figures in black disappearing though two different doors, one of them was the woman, the other had its hood up so was unknown. Drako assessed all this in an instant.

"Talus! Get her!"

Drako dived after the other assailant, slicing Chryn's bonds with a shard of flint as he passed, he shouted over his shoulder as he darted though the door.

"Chryn, stay here,"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-17-2002 06:38 PM:

Talus rushed off after the female. She'd made a mistake, Talus was now going to get to have some fun with his assailant.

"Just where in the hell do you think your going!" He roared as his long legs began to make up the distance between them. She was fast, but so was Talus and now that he could see her, she wouldn't be able to sneak up on him like the last time.

They ran down corridor after corridor she was always just one or two steps ahead of him. Suddenly Talus turned the corner and grinned, she was trapped, there was a door that she seemed like she didn't want to open and she turned to face him.

Reaching back behind him he procurred his new saber, he hadn't ignited it yet, he was waiting for her, this was going to be fun...

Posted by Drako on 11-18-2002 03:02 PM:

As Talus chased the woman Drako went after the hooded assailant. The first thing he noticed was the speed with which the figure moved. It was fast but few could out run the ancient Sith, putting on an extra burst of speed he skidded pass the figure. Forcing them down a dead end.

Drako advanced slowly, his face stoic, a hunter moving in for the kill. The figure turned and drew a Dragonsabre from the folds of its cloak. With a click the crimson blade burst into life. Drako drew his own weapon, Widowmaker and ignited it.

Both of them stood, weapon in hand, neither willing to make the first move, unsure of the power of their opponent. Finally Drako lowered his sabre but did not deactivate it.

"I preffer to see who I am about to kill,"

The figure reached up with one gloved hand and threw back their hood, Drako's breath caught in his throat at what he saw beneath it.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-18-2002 03:34 PM:

Talus watched as the woman pulled a Dragon Saber from the folds of her cloak and ignited it. The mouth of the beast opened and a purple blade belched forth. She spun the saber in front of her, seemingly warming her body up for the attack.

Moving slowly he too ignited his saber, its red blade stretched outward. His brow furrowed and he cast aside his cloak. Drawing the force into his body he made a force enhanced movement and was at her left side in what seemed a step. His saber came sharply at her hip.

Pivoting the young woman blocked the saber with her own and threw Talus back with a force push. Lunging she tried to attack him as he backpedaled.

Talus side stepped and blocked her downward slash, he followed her movements and stepped behind her, driving his foot into the back of her left knee.

The young looking force vampyre fell to the ground and rolled, Talus chased after her. As she popped back to her feet she slashed at Talus' mid-riff. Moving quickly the young disciple stepped with the slash of the blade and backwards, feeling the searing heat of the saber pass by him. Stepping forwards he brought his saber towards her from his left to his right, attacking the portion of her body that she had left open as she slashed at him.

Ducking the female combatant kicked Talus in the ribs knocking him off his feet, she brought the saber down hard where Talus' head should have been had he not rolled to safety, rising to his knees he fended off another attack with his saber. His hands moving just a bit quicker than her's he was able to rise and fight. His movements became faster as he poured on the pressure in the attack.

The woman was backpedaling and running out of places to retreat too. Talus brought a downward slash at her as she blocked it she attempted to thrust a killing blow into his chest, Talus stepped out of the way and spun his saber, not only parrying the thrust but lifting her arms high above her head.

Pivoting on his inside foot Talus spun and kicked her square in the face, flipping her over backwards and dropping her to the floor, had the woman been anything but a force vampyre she'd been unconcious. Slowly she rose and hissed something at him in the language of his master, Talus just shook his head and moved towards her. Watching her, he noticed her remove her gloves, which Talus found odd. Then suddenly she came at him again with her saber, Talus' movements were faster still. With a deft movement of his blade Talus blocked her attack and glacnced his blade off her forearm.

Screaming bloody murder she dropped her saber, but there was an odd look in her eyes, and with a movement she grasped Talus firmly by the wrist. The pain was unimaginable, as he felt like something was sucking his very life force from his left wrist. The room began to spin and Talus could feel his head rush. In an act of desperation Talus spun his saber down and across her wrist, detaching her hand from her body.

The pain subsided, Talus was still light headed but he could stand, his opponent however lay on the ground in pain clutching her wounded arm.

"What the hell did you just do to me..." He growled pressing the tip of his saber to her throat and watching her squirm as it burnt the flesh.

"Answer me or I'll make this more painful than you can imagine."

Posted by Drako on 11-19-2002 01:43 PM:

The face beneath the hood was so far from a Force Vampyre's as a humans was from a bats. The face beneath was Draconian, closer to Dragon than Force Vampyre, it was a face of nightmare, not of waking thought and Drako had never beheld such horror.

Yet Drako knew him, something deep and elemental stirred within the ancient Sith, recognition of something long forgotten. Things stirred, long forgotten memories began to surface and everything came together.

"My Lord Commander, I thought you were dead,"

It was said in the ofhand and disrespectful manner that indicated Drako had hoped it had been the case. He deactiveded his sabre as the Dragon's head chuckled, it was a raspy sound, like lizzard drawing breath. When he spoke it was in the same raspy voice but Drako realised straight away, he was speaking to his mind, no into the air.

No my son, I am very much alive,

Drako spat, it was gesture of digust at the Commanders words, his face curled into a snear as he replied.

"I am no son of yours, I'm not even sure what you are,"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-20-2002 07:23 AM:

"I was feeding you worthless wretch!" She hissed visciously at Talus.

"And what made you think I'd let you?" Talus growled back.

"You didn't have to let me, if I'd had another two or three seconds or gotten to your throat I'd been able to diablrize you."

"Well it looks like you won't be doing any feeding for a while now that you don't have your hand. Perhaps I should take the other and see how long you live without nourishment." Talus moved the saber from her neck to her other wrist.

"No I suppose not, come I'm sure Lord Chyrn would love some time alone with you after he was bound." Talus lifted her up off the ground and made her stand. Forcing her to put her glove on he walked her down the halls. As he entered the room he saw the thin frame of Lord Darkstar's fellow apprentice.

"Chyrn I bring you a gift." He laughed. "It seemed she thought I was cattle too, she lost a hand for that. Tend to her, if you will?"

Posted by Drako on 11-20-2002 01:29 PM:

The Draconian Commander chuckled again, a pair of wings bursting from under his cloak. They spread wide and began to slowly beat, lifting him from the ground. He spoke to Drako's mind again.

You know what I am Drako, you just won't admit it to yourself. Tell your apprentices to release my daughter and we shall meet again.

With that Draconian's wings began to beat faster, taking him up, into the top of the high corridor and over Drako's head. He vannished into the darkness, leaving Drako alone.

He sighed and headed back to the mess hall where Talus and Chryn were waiting. Things had take a turn for the unexpected, and he didn't like it, not one bit.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-20-2002 01:54 PM:

Talus and Chyrn looked up simultaneously as Lord Darkstar entered the room with them, he seemed put off about something and ever odder was that he had no captive accompanying him.

"Did you kill the other one master?" Talus asked, curiously. Then motioning towards the female he spoke to his master once again.

"I caught her, she's short a hand now, but she's alive. Chyrn is tending to her wound." Talus spoke casually, he wasn't proud nor upset about defeating his opponent he just stated that he had accomplished what his master had commanded of him.

"I was introduced first hand into how your kind feeds as well." Talus finished raising his left wrist up.

Posted by Drako on 11-20-2002 02:13 PM:

Drako glanced at Talus the to the woman they had captured. He walked right over and took her arm, looking where Talus had severed the arm, without looking at his apprentice Drako spoke.

"Go fetch her hand,"

He let her arm go and lifted her face up so he could look into her eyes, he spoke in a calm but forceful manner to her.

"How did he do it? Was it the heart? Did he use the heart?"

His grip on her chin tightened, he was going to get answers out of her and he didn't have time to let Chryn have his way with her, things were balanced on a knife's edge, he needed to know more before he could act.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-20-2002 02:24 PM:

Talus simply nodded and took off in a sprint down the hall. He soon arrived to the location where the battle had taken place, looking about he saw the stain where the blood sprayed from her hand just a split second before the saber seared the wound shut.

"There it is..." He said to no one but himself. Picking up the hand he walked back to where he had left his master and Chyrn. Darkstar seemed to be questioning the woman again. So instead of approaching him he threw the woman's hand at Chyrn, who caught it and walked to the wounded captive.

Talus couldn't believe what he saw next as Lord Darkstar's oldest apprentice placed the disembodied hand where it had came from and the flesh started to reattach itself and her hand was soon mended.

They are a very odd species... Talus thought to himself and stood to the side waiting for his master to finish.

Posted by Drako on 11-20-2002 03:07 PM:

Drako stepped back, his face a snear of disgust as he saw the hand attach itself. This wasn't a usual Force Vampyre trait it seemed.

"The coruption begets coruption it seems,"

He turned to Talus, a rage in his eyes though it was not betrayed on his face. He spoke through the Force to his apprentice.

Kill her, make sure you stab the heart and sever the head, then burn it, all of it, get that disgusting creature out of my sight

Drako folded his arms, his cold green eyes centred on the woman at his feet, he had his answers, now it was time to drive the corruption from his race. In a way he was signing the extinction warrent on his race. Chryn and He would be the only two left. He looked at the woman again. No, he thought, we already are.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-20-2002 03:19 PM:

Talus nodded and pulled his saber from his holder. Walking slowly towards the female captive he ignited it. There seemed to be a genuine fear in her eyes as he moved towards her cold and calculating. She lept to her feet but before she could move Talus left hand shot up and she was thrown across the room into a wall on the other side.

"I told you I would kill you..." he said without emotion. His force push seemed to relax and she stumbled forward, but just as she did Talus' hand shot forth again and she slammed into the wall once again. Her legs seemed to buckle for a moment, Talus released her she started to fall, but she caught her self.

"A proper position for you to take you last breath..." These would be the last words she ever heard as she kneeled before him, head down and bleeding from the impact with the wall. In a step Talus bridged the distance between them and brought his saber up and then down across her neck, her head fell from her shoulders, rolling across the floor, her body collapsed.

"The heart as well master..." Talus said as he spun his saber round so he held it in an inverted grip. He raised it high and brought it down through her chest on the left side. Her body convulsed in an odd manner as if it was now dead, but hadn't been after she'd been decapitated.

He then used the force to lift her body into the air, there was a hearth across the room. With but a motion of his hand the corpse flew across the room and landed in the large entrance. Talus then moved towards a torch and lifted it out of it's holder. Moving towards the body he cast the flame upon her headless frame.

Walking across the room he gripped the disembodied head by the hair and moved casually towards the flame. In a single motion he tossed her head into the flames. It was over she was dead and the body was destroyed.

"It is done, master..."

Posted by Drako on 11-20-2002 03:44 PM:

Drako watched the corpse burn, his face was expressionless again. He held out his hand and a coin, unblemished by the flames, flew from the hearth and into his waiting hand. Talus couldn't see what colour it was and in a moment it didn't matter. Drako crushed it to fine powder in his hand and scattered it across the floor.

He turned to Chryn, his eyes shone with the inner fire that both Talus and Chryn knew all to well, there would be pain and there would be death and in the end, all that would be left standing would be the ancient Sith.

"Chryn, go back to the ship, bring me Death Bringer I think I am going to need it,"

He looked over at Talus as Chryn bowed and headed off back to the ship and the ancient Sith artifact that Drako only used when he had no choice.

"Come my young apprentice, we have a Drake to hunt, be warned, this will be like nothing you have ever faced before, the terror you will feel is not real though, just remember that, somehow they force your brain to release the chemicals that cause fear, now come,"

Drako headed back towards the stairs, as though he was going back to the heart of darkness.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-21-2002 01:20 PM:

"I will not run m'lord, Fear is nothing but an emotion which can be used to fuel my strength." Talus said this not as reassurance to his master, who did not need his reassurance, but as reassurance to himself. Talus would not flee combat, he would not back away from the gaze of death. He would fight, perhaps die, but he would do so in combat.

Quickly he chased after his master as they climbed the stairs, but instead of the air getting thinner as it often does when one raises in elevation, the air became thicker, making it harder to breathe, almost as if there were smoke in the air.

"Master?" Talus did not understand what was happening.

Posted by Drako on 11-28-2002 01:35 PM:

Drako choked as he tried to speak, pulling his chamelionic cloak up over his mouth a coughed the words he wanted to speak.

"It is the Drake, or rather, it is the Emperor becoming the Drake, we must hurry, we have to stop him,"

Drako bounded stairs, taking them four or five at a time, as he came close to the top the smoke thickened and he realised what was going on. The Commander couldn't open the Heart's case after he had closed it, he was trying to blast it open.

Drako hissed something in his native language and a wind howled up the stairway, clearing the smoke from their path. Drako skidded to a halt infront of what was left of the doors to the commanders chambers.

The Draconian creature stood with his back to Drako, breathing plumes of flame at the throne, melting the cover off the Heart. He heard Drako's foot fall and turned, the scream in the Sith Master and his apprentice's minds were almost unbearable.

You killed my daughter! Now I will kill you both!

Drako waited till Talus was along side him, he knew they couldn't use the sabre's in the Commanders quarters, that would be a death sentence, they had to get him outside.

"If you want us, come and get us,"

Drako reached out with the Force, a large stone from the debris of when he had put Talus through the wall was within his grip, he would need it when the Draconian attacked.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-30-2002 02:31 PM:

Talus' hands trembled for a moment as he saw the creature before him, looking about the room he saw a weapon for himself. A wooden post that had been broken by his careening body earlier.

Talus focused on it and pulled it to his hands, he gripped it as if it were a mighty war hammer and raised it over his head.

This should take his attention off of Master long enough for him to attack...

Talus rushed forwards and swung the large lumber directly at the beasts head. But then the unimaginable happened, the post splintered into a thousand pieces and Talus was left swinging a stump.

Talus looked at the Supreme Commander increduously and began to back away, he was then aided by the transforming Force Vampyre with a force push that threw him back at his master.

"Your apprentice is brave and stupid, Drako..." The monster laughed.

Talus pushed himself back up and prepared to fight on...

Posted by Drako on 12-04-2002 02:23 PM:

"Stupid, like you, you see you took your attention from me to attack my apprentice, that was your first mistake,"

The creature's draconian eyes widened in horror as he realised the implications of what Drako had just said. He turned just in time to see the throne containing the Heart of Darkness be pushed through the wall by the Sith Master.

The Draconian lept out of the whole Drako had just made, plumeting after the throne and the Heart. Drako seemed strangly unconcerned by the unfolding events. He turned and began to strole towards the stairway, stopping at the mouth he turned back to Talus.

"Coming? We don't have to rush but I would like to get there before he gets the cover open but not too early, I want him to realise what I've done before we get there"

Drako's eyes twinkled with mischief as he headed off down the stairs towards the courtyard where the throne and the draconian would land.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-05-2002 01:21 PM:

Talus simply shook his head to knock some of the cobwebs out and followed his master down the steps.

"And what pray tell Master have you done?"

Talus some how was at ease when with his master being so calm.

Posted by Drako on 12-05-2002 02:32 PM:

Drako gave a bark of laugher.

"I think you'll find out soon...probebly shortly after he does,"

He laughed again but still no smile had crossed his lips, he turned to Talus on the stairs.

"Go to the landing site and meet Chryn, I need Death Bringer and I need it soon,"

He pointed to a landing just off the staris,

"Thats the fastest way, go,"

Drako then turned and carried on down the stairs still in no rush but there had been an urgency in his voice as he had commanded Talus.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-05-2002 09:03 PM:

Talus raced across the landing and into the mess hall, there Chyrn sat in what seemed to be meditation.

"Death Bringer, Our master demands it..." Talus commanded. He would not generally take such a tone with someone as powerful as Chyrn but he had orders from a much more powerful individual than the force vampyre standing before him.

"And he needs it now."

Posted by Drako on 12-20-2002 01:51 PM:

Drako arrived at the base of the stairs as the Draconian hit the throne with a nother blast of heat but to no avail. It roared in anger.

"No luck?"

Said Drako calmly. He lent against the wall by the stairway, not moving. Waiting patiently for the Draconian's next move. He was in no mood to start a fight with it without Death Bringer.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-20-2002 02:12 PM:

Chyrn reached across and handed Talus a thick wooden staff, perfectly cylindrical enlaid with jewels in the center and two blade width slits on the ends. Talus gripped it firmly in his hand, it had perfect weight distribution and seemed to give off immense force signature.

"Death Bringer." The ancient Force Vampyre said reverently: "Now go, if Master Drako calls for such a blade then there is a dire need for the weapon, do not delay!" Chyrn's voice was calm but stern. Talus dashed towards where his master said he'd be and as surely as the suns of Korriban rise in the East and set in the West, his master stood there, it was nearly a comical sight. There in front of him was an all powerful Sith Master leaning against a wall seemingly relaxed, in front of him a drake belching fire against an armored throne. Talus wouldn't have believed this if he hadn't seen it.

He approached his master carefully and heard him speak;

"No Luck?"

Talus grinned: Nothing phases you does it master?

Slowly the young man took his place that he ever took when with hsi master, One step to the right and one step behind. He reached forward and handed the blade to Master Drako and awaited his master's command.

Posted by Drako on 12-22-2002 03:47 PM:

Almost nothing

The reply, even through the Force, retained Drako's calm tones, it was true as well, almost nothing could phase the ancient Sith. He had seen too much to be disturbed by almost anything.

Drako grasped Death Bringer in both hands, instantly Talus could feel his master's power roll out like a tidal wave, held in check till this moment, till his reborn hands closed around the ancient Sith artifact again.

The fires in the Sith Master's eyes blazed brighter and colder than ever before. When he spoke, though still calm, his voice almost hummed with raw, unchained power.

"I cannot allow you to take the Heart, it was given to the Force Vampyres by Lord Sadow, you are no longer a Force Vampyre, it is no longer yours."

Drako stepped forwards, the twin blades sliding from Death Bringer's ends, he held the weapon out before him, defencive but ready to strike.

"My destiny was bound to the Heart from the moment of its creation, aeons before my birth, when I touched it as a child that destiny began to be realised, now the page has turned and the stage is set, my destiny if to keep the Heart from you, it is mine by ancient law and you will not take it from me,"

Another step, Drako was now no more than three yards from the draconian, he could attack if he choose but he was waiting for the former commander to make the first attack.

The creature's eyes narrowed and its head reared back, preparing to breath another burst of flame, this time not aimed at the throne but at the ancient Force Vampyre, calm, unmoving, like a statue, cold, hard and indominable.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-22-2002 04:13 PM:

Talus felt the rush of sheer power flow through his veins as his masters hand touched the Death Bringer. He felt more powerful just being in the prescence of Drako. He watched as his master activated the ancient Sith Weapon and moved towards the beast. The planet seemed to shake and the air was electrified by the force flowing from this two ancient beings.

Move the throne...

Talus shook his head, a strange voice had spoken to him, neither his master's nor the Drake's in fact he hadn't even felt the buzz of something invading his mind as he normally did, but he did not move.

The Heart must be protected....

Talus' eyes glazed as the voice spoke again. It was powerful but soft. Neither male nor female, it was simply a voice.

Take hold of the throne, feel it's power, save the Heart, protect it from harm...

The voice grew louder and more powerful, Talus felt compelled to move towards the throne. He fought but he could not stop.

Do not fear the Heart, it has chosen you to be it's champion... Move the throne...

Talus gave in to the voice, he ran towards the throne at that same moment the Drake let loose a fiery maelstrom at the dreadlocked apprentices master. He felt the force erupt in a cold fury as the blast was dispersed by a pure wave of force. Talus felt power undeniable surging through him as he got closer to the Heart of Darkness.

Feel the power, use the force lift the throne, you are Invictus, Invincible...

Talus reached the throne, he watched as his master attacked the mutated Commander, the battle was fierce, but it was not his concern all he could do was think of getting the throne to safety.

Talus reached the throne, the solid granite seat of the Supreme Commander. His hands gripped it on both sides, he felt the force flow through him into the Heart, he felt weakened, then suddenly the Cover of the Heart wrenched open, Talus' eyes immediately were drawn to it. He glowed a bloody crimson. Talus eyes took the same color. There was an aura of power about him that rivaled the two combatants, but it was not his own.

In a mighty jerk he lifted the throne off the ground and began lumbering across the courtyard towards the gate he'd just exited. It was truly a sight as his large frame seemed totally unincumbered by the weight of the immense form. As he walked the cover closed again but Talus' body and eyes still glowed with it's strength. The Drake creature saw what he was attempting and lept towards him.

It never made it there...

Posted by Drako on 12-22-2002 04:25 PM:

The commander made a leap for Talus as he saw him move the throne. With the lightning reflexes that had made him the prince of assassins Drako moved between the Commander and Talus, Death Bringer cutting a viscious slash across the draconian's chest.

That seemed to be the catalyst. The blood, the open heart, the sheer power of the ancient Sith Master. The result was catacylsmic. The former commander began another change, he grew, beyond massive, beyond huge. Titanic he towered above them, all semblance of humanoid form gone, he was a true drake now.

The titanic fire lizzard looked at the master and his apprentice. It reared its head to breath a jet of flame that would engulf the whole courtyard and beyond. It never made it.

Drako spoke a word in his native language. Thousands of years of Sith Sorcery woven in to the very stones of the citadel came to the aid of their new master, rising to defend themselves against a threat. A wave of pure solidarity struck the Drake, sending it spinning away from the citadel and out towards the horrizon.

Drako turned, he could see Talus's eyes, even at this distance. He knew what what happening, he knew what he had to stop. Only two people had ever touched the Heart and survived and their destinies had always been bound to the stone's.

Drako took a step and lept, landing on the throne, over powering Talus's grip on it with his meer presence. As the throne hit the ground Drako held Death Bringer between Talus and the Heart, daring him to try to touch it.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-22-2002 04:43 PM:

The grip was released but the power was not. The man that stood before Drako was not his disciple, it was but a frame, though the mind of his apprentice was still inside and his soul, another prescence commanded him and fueled his body, he was Invictus, the embodiement of the Heart.

"Stand aside Commander," Invictus spoke coldy and with a power that commanded respect, but even more oddly was that he spoke in the tongue of the Force Vampyre, something Talus had no knowledge of. "The Heart must be returned to its rightful place and its champion will not allow you to stand its way."

In the blink of an eye, Invictus' hands were upon Death Bringer, gripping it with a ferocity that nearly matched Drako's. His eyes burned the crimson blood of the heart.

Release the weapon... A voice much like the voice Talus had heard spoke to the Sith Master's mind.

Stand aside, you will not defeat the Champion, the Heart will not allow it...

The voice was worming its way into the core of Drako's soul attempting to overpower him, to disarm him so that he could not assert his rightful control over the heart. The ancient Sith Artifact knew that even it's power was no match for that of the ancient Sith Master.

Suddenly, a force push of mythical proportions was unleashed on the ancient Force Vampyre attempting to knock him away and relinquish his grip on the weapon.

Posted by Drako on 12-23-2002 01:35 PM:

"No,"

The word was simple but full of authaurity and a power that shattered the Force attack like leaves on a brease. Power began to build within the ancient Force Vampyre, he was the true Supreme Commander of the Death Guard now and all the power and authaurity that went with it was his now.

"This ends now!"

Drako thumbed another of the jewels on Death Bringer, there was a flash of darkness, all engulphing, all encompassing. When it faded Talus, or the shell of what had been Talus was down, paralyzed from the neck down.

Power crackled around Drako as he assumed the role of Supreme Commander. He stepped off the throne and turned his back to the now helpless Talus, his cold green eyes fixed directly on the Heart.

"I rule here now, not you,"

He reached out as though to close the cover over the heart, like closing an eye, blinding it but things didn't go exactly as the ancient Force Vampyre had planed but then, when dealing with something like the Heart of Darkness, nothing ever really went to according to plan, except perhaps its plan.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-23-2002 02:03 PM:

You don't think that it would be that easy...

A large hand gripped the ancient Force Vampyre, it was Invictus, he wasn't down, the power of the Death Bringer was nothing compared to the power of the Heart. The hand surged with power, wrenching Drako backwards, throwing him away from the throne.

He is mine, the champion has been chosen, nothing can stop us...

Master help me, I can not fight it...

Talus somehow found a way to speak through the force to his master's mind. Inside his soul fought the power of the heart, Invictus battled Talus, for control of the frame. Talus could not hope to withstand the force, but he could delay it, give his master a chance. Their hand reached for the heart, it was only milimeters away, he could feel the power it was so close...

The Heart would not be denied...

Posted by Drako on 12-23-2002 02:15 PM:

Would not, but could be. Drako was just as stubborn as the heart, he would not be defeated in his own citadel. With a leap of increadible speed the Sith Master crashed into Invictus as he touched the Heart. Two hands touched the Heart, not one.

There was a stillness in the air, time seemed to slow or stop entirely, silence as they hung suspended in the air, both touching the Heart. Then time rolled on, Talus screamed, Invictus screamed, the Heart screamed and there was anothing, another voice, as old as Drako's but female.

A bolt of blue shot skywards and Talus and Drako flew backwards. The Sith Master was silent through this, his features locked in grim determination. Without waiting to catch his breath he went from falling to rolling back onto his feet. He turned to his apprentice. Who had not been absorbed by the Heart as he had anticipated.

Drako stepped over and knelt down, checking Talus's pulse, there was one. With a single gesture Drako slapped his apprentice, hard, around the face, to waken him from his shock and to find out who now ruled the body of his fallen apprentice.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-23-2002 02:24 PM:

A hand shot up gripping Drako by the throat, the eyes of the young man, were dark ageless, neither young nor old. His features had thinned slightly, his frame still powerful, but seemingly lighter, more agile.

"Who the hell are you?" The young man asked.

"And where the frell am I?"

Slowly the youth that was known as Talus rose to his feet, his hair color had changed, it was red, his skinned lightened a bit. He was still muscular and physically imposing, but now he seemed to seethe with power.

"And who am I?"

Posted by Drako on 12-23-2002 02:37 PM:

A hand clamped around Talus's wrist, the grip was like a vice as it pulled the young man's hand away from Drako's throat. The Sith Master's eyes were cold and hard as he stared down at his apprentice.

"You will never touch me like that again, or I will break your arm,"

Drako realased Talus's wrist and stood. His precense seemed to dampen the seething power within Talus, his eyes burnt with their cold green fire.

"I am Sith Master Drako, your master, your name is Talus Invictus, and this is my home, Terra, any further questions?"

Drako's voice was calm and cold but there was a power to it, a strength to make sure Talus knew, he was the master here, and there wasn't a damn thing Talus could do about it.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-23-2002 02:55 PM:

The man growled, his power was insignificant against that of the Sith Master, he knelt slowly to his knee and bowed his head.

"Yes, I am Talus, the Invictus. Champion of the Heart, hand of the Supreme Commander, I serve you Master Drako and you will train me. Together none shall stand before us."

Talus' eyes were glowing now, again with the power of the Heart. He rose and stood again as Talus often did, one step to the right and one step behind his master, but now he seemed ready to strike, at the whim of his master.

"I remember who I was, nothing more though. Your servant and apprentice. I was a Sith Disciple was I not. But I do not know where or whom I served other than you, the Supreme Commander and my Master."

As he finished, he stepped forward he looked at the Death Bringer.

"Master may I have the weapon, there is another prescence close and it is my responsibility to defend you and the Heart from those who would try to take it."

Posted by Drako on 12-23-2002 03:11 PM:

Drako looked down at Death Bringer, still held in one hand. Now the Sith Sorceries of the Citadel were at his disposal he could hold the Drake off with them easily, the first ones had been laid down for the sole purpose of fending off the Drakes, before his kind had wiped them out.

He didn't need Death Bringer but he wasn't sure if he could trust Talus with it, the Heart was cruel and deceptive at the best of times, but he and it were linked, inexorably bound, one could not exist without the other, he feared no treachary from it now. He tossed the ancient weapon to Talus .

"Do what you must my hand, I have work to do in my quarters, find me when you know the source of the desterbance."

Without another word Drako turned his unprotected back on Talus and walked back inside, heading back up to the battle recked quarters of the Supreme Commander to make it his personal residence now that it truely belonged to him.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-24-2002 02:41 AM:

T'was not long after the Lord of Terran left the grounds that indeed this "prescence" made itself known to Talus. If Drako had been present he'd seen what had exactly transpired when they'd both touched the heart and what type of power had overcome and possessed his now ameneisiac apprentice.

As the Drake flew closer he looked at the man, he did not notice the changes quickly enough.

"Foolish boy, you believe that ancient Sith Artifact is any match for the power of an all-mighty drake?" The beast roared haughtily.

"No, Drake a weapon is only as powerful as that who uses it. This weapon in the hands of a mere apprentice is useless, but I am no mere apprentice any longer. I am the Invictus, Hand of Drako, Champion of the Heart and soon the slayer of the last Drake of Terran." Talus' voice was loud and powerful, it reverberated throughout the Citadel. His eyes began to glow the with the dark crimson power of the heart as did his body and the Death Bringer. A maelstrom of the force began to form round him engulfing everything in his immediate presence and more than likely creating a planetwide disturbance in the force.

"What treachery is this?" the Drake roared in fear as it felt the power of this new creation, a perfect weapon, able to draw power from the heart at a moments notice and draw power from the force around him.

"Heavy," Talus again spoke in the tongue of the Force Vampyre, he was not aware of how he knew the language, he was vaguely aware of who he was anymore. All memories that the heart had deemed unnecessary had been erased from his mind. He knew nothing of the Sith Empire, of his former friends, he knew no one, save Drako. He remembered the Sith Master and all his interactions with the young Sith Disciple, but all other faces and voices were a blur or distorted, it was as if before Drako, Talus did not exist.

As the words were spoken the Drake tried to flee, it needed time to regroup, to heal from it's last encounter with Drako, but the anceint incantations of the Death Guard Citadel were not only at the command of the Supreme Commander, the hand now commanded them as well. The Drake's feet would not move, it was as if they were made of the heaviest stone on all of Terran, they felt like they had become a part of the Citadel grounds. The Drake roared and drew back a heavy breath, then exhaled, belching flames with it.

Fire engulfed the hand but did not harm him, he was untouchable so close to the heart, by any save the master of it. He walked through the flames laughing.

"Do you believe the Heart would allow it's champion to be so easily dealt with beast?"

Suddenly he was a blur, if the Drake had blinked at all he'd seen Talus 20 feet infront of him and then suddendly before him.

"Release," These words were spoken again in the native tongue of Terran and the Drake was released from the spell. It moved its massive claw to smote the young disciple, but its attack never found it's mark. Instead the Drake felt the intense pain of the Death Bringer being ran through its right wing. A cry of pain like none heard in quite some time rang out from the beast. But more pain was yet to come. It contorted its neck, attempting to strike at Talus with it's maw, but again the man was a blur, leaping back and up the walls of the Citadel, he took a position over looking the courtyard.

The loose stones around the Citadel began to rise from the ground, ranging from pebbles to immense columns of fractured marble and granite. A tempist of stone was generated in the vortex of force the hand had created. Suddenly projectiles were launched from the vortex at the Drake pelting it unmercifully, none missed their mark with the larger columns being aimed at the Drake's legs and wings, crushing and breaking them.

As the last stone slammed into the belly of the monster driving it backwards to a wall and pinning it there, Talus leapt from his position, the Death Bringer raised to issue the coup de grac'. As he struck the blade of the ancient Sith Weapon drove deep into the throat of the Drake, blood flowed from the wound in copious amounts. Talus removed the weapon and spun the other blade into the throat of the creature once again, severing the head of the beast. It fell to the ground with a thud and then rolled.

Talus stepped away from the fell Drake and suddenly the glow and aura of the heart drained away. He seemed normal again, though he still had his new appearance and if one was powerful enough they could feel the power of the Heart beating inside him. He pressed a jewel on the staff of the Death Bringer, its blades retracted and then walked over to the disembodied head of the beast. As he lifted it he spoke once more in the tongue of the Force Vampyre's: "Fire." The remains of the Drake immediately burst into flames, consumed by some terrible Sith Magic the first ones had cast over the stones of the Citadel.

Slowly he marched up the steps, the Death Bringer in one hand, the head of the old Supreme Commander in the other. As he walked through the halls of the Citadel, it was as if he knew every hidden trap and secret of the place. As if he'd seen the precautions taken by each of the Horsemen to ensure their survival, it was as if he had seen everything the Heart had seen, for it was so, all knowledge of the Heart was transferred to Talus, he in essence was now a living Sith Artifact, though the mind of the once ambitious and powerful Disciple was still active, it was now focused by the heart. All the things that had driven Talus that were deemed worthy of the name Sith, were magnified in his personality, while the traits deemed unnecessary were erased. The man holding Drako's weapon and the head of his enemy, was still indeed Talus, but a more refined version. Time would show if indeed Talus would rule over his own body or if the will of the Heart would be ever present and dominate him, but for now, their goals were the same, train until they were the greatest power in the known Galaxies and use this power to rule over all.

"Master, you now rule the Citadel uncontested..." The only words spoken by Talus, they were in basic, though had he wanted he could have conversed in the tongue of the natives of this planet. Slowly he knelt and laid the weapon and the trophy at the feet of Drako, awaiting his next command.

Posted by Drako on 12-27-2002 01:30 PM:

Drako accended to his quarters, the Sith Sorcery was so heavy on the citadel that each stone knew its neighbour and the walls Drako had destroyed were already starting to rebuild themselves. He gave them a small hand and began to order things, checking files, stocks and such like. He had just finished reordering the important files when Talus arrived, a head in his hand.

Drako looked at his apprentice as he spoke then studied the head, he arched an eyebrow and check that Talus wasn't having a joke before replying.

"Please tell me you are having a joke, that head is far, far too small to belong to the Drake, and I can still sense his prence, coming closer,"

Drako stood and, checking some form of time keeping device on the wall, beconed his apprentice to follow him. He led him down, not to the courtyard where they had battled the Drake, but to the one just inside the main gate. Once they arrived he turned to his apprentice.

"Now you will see the most powerful of our defences, the light web,"

Drako turned back, his back to the cliff, the Drake was coming, closer and closer it came but Drako didn't seem to even flinch. Then there was a change in the air, the sun was rising, they could feel it but not see it, the cliff hid it.

As the first light of dawn struck the gem embedded in the top of the cliff the lightweb unfolded, spreading out over the city it hovered before becoming invisible, the Drake slammed on its air breaks, back beating as quickly as it could to avoid the lightweb. To demonstrate Drako picked up a rock and threw it upwards, as it hit the lightweb it vanished, a small dust cloud decended over them, the lightweb was efficient and deadly to anything and everything that touched it. Till the sun set the city was impregnible, they had some time till they had to fight the Drake for real.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-27-2002 01:38 PM:

Talus raised an eyebrow at the being and also at the lightweb. The Heart had never seen this before.

"Then what pray tell, did I kill?"

He said with an odd tone in his voice. He had sensed what his master had sensed as they moved towards the courtyard, but he hadn't detected it earlier.

"I was under the impression that the one you had driven off was the last of its kind."

He was confused, the Heart had not alerted him to the presence of two drakes, only one. It seemed that the artifact did not quite trust it's champion yet.

Posted by Drako on 12-27-2002 01:49 PM:

Drako shrugged none comitally,

"It was part of the Drake, a projection of his will if you like, one he assumed would be enough to kill you, he was obviously wrong,"

Drako turned and headed back inside, there were things he and his hand had to do before the lightweb deactivated and the Drake could attack again.

"We will have to be careful though, Drakes are very powerful and very cunning,"

He turned, evil malice in his eyes,"

"Much like me,"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-29-2002 01:41 PM:

Talus laughed at his master's comment; "I have a feeling that you would never underestimate your enemy."

Talus looked around the structures, it was as if he'd built them himself. He suddenly knew every nook and cranny of the building.

"Master, the third voice from the heart? Who was it? Your eyes lit up in recognition and it was not the voice of the Heart."

Talus stopped and looked Drako dead in the eye. His eyes came alive with the power of the Heart, it was as if he was attempting to probe his master's mind to see if the answer he gave was true.

Posted by Drako on 12-29-2002 02:20 PM:

If Talus had been trying to probe his masters mind he would have met defences that even the Heart would have been daunted to face. He looked Talus straight back in the eye, he had halted his progress towards the keep.

"I do not know, it was familiar, but warps by time and distance, a blue light shot into the sky, so I am very sure we will find out who it was in time, very little time i suspect,"

Not feeling obliged to answer any more questions till he was back working on a way to kill the Drake, Drako turned his back on Talus and walked, undeterably back towards the keep and the throne room from where he could control the defences of the citadel.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 01-06-2003 10:29 AM:

The answer was satifactory at best. Invictus/Talus knew there was more than met the eye to his master's answer but would not press the issue, he was the apprentice, he could demand nothing of his master.

"How are we going to go about killing a beast who seemingly can replicate itself and fight us, from afar?"

Talus was curious, though the replica had been relatively easy to dispatch, it was just a portion of the beast's true power.

Posted by Drako on 01-10-2003 01:59 PM:

Drako grunted but did not answer his apprentice. As he stepped over the thresh-hold of his citadel there was a brief flash of green light behind him, the stones groaned. Suddenly from the top of the towers bells began to ring, peeling out a greeting to their new lord and master. Inside Drako turned, the entrance hall lit up.

"Welcome to my home my young apprentice, welcome to my citadel,"

He turned and placed a foot on the stairs, half turning he beconed Talus,

"Come, I'll show you how we are going to kill the drake..."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 01-11-2003 03:21 PM:

The structure was truly amazing, powerful sith magic was at play here. Talus listened to the toll of the bells and watched as the halls began to light up with an welcoming glow.

"The citadel," Invictus murmured. The heart had obviously never seen this part of the structure, for Talus was not immediately aware of all his surroundings, nor the powers that fueled it's protection.

"So master, how is it that we shall kill this beast?"

Posted by Drako on 01-11-2003 03:55 PM:

"With Steel and Fire,"

Came the simple, confident reply. Drako had stepped up to the first platau on the steps, against the wall was a tablau of a warrior and a great beast in combat. Drako pushed it.

Back and up it went, revealing a secret compartment, inside were two ornatly carved swords in scabbards. Drako took them out reverently and passed one to Talus as he followed up the stairs.

"These were ancient when I was born, be careful with them, they are ensorsled to kill drakes and the kin, between these and our Dragonsabres we can kill it."

He turned and headed up one of the steps off to the side, motioning Talus to follow him as he buckled the sword around his waist.

"First we rest, we set out just before night fall, the Drake will hide during the light hours, knowing the lightweb keeps us safe. I want it as it emurges from hiding it will not be expecting us, you will find quarters down there, rest I will summon you later,"

Drako motioned down the corridor towards some doors before heading off for his old quarters, he would rest there once more for old times sake.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 01-11-2003 04:19 PM:

Talus, the Invictus, moved slowly out of the room his master had claimed as his own. He studied all around him and then studied the blade in his hands. It was immaculate.

The hilt was platinum, obviously designed for use with two hands, though its shape suggested it could be weilded with one. The hand guards carved in the shape of two dragonhead's. The first section of the grip seemed to be a grouping of four wings folded over one another, they were thicker than the second section of the grip, which was carved as the image of two serpants' tails entwined with one another. At the end of the hilt between the tips of the dragons' tails, was a flawless ruby which was a bloodly crimson in color.

As Talus admired the blade he found himself wandering into a spacious room, as if he had been guided there by some unseen force. It was magnificent, large bed, with purple sheets made of the finest silk. A large, high backed chair, a fire place. A magnificent room all together. Talus found the toiletries and cleaned himself up. As he exitted the shower he found a robe on the bed, it was warm and soft on his skin. He gripped the blade that Drako had handed him yet again and looked it over. unsheathing it from its ornate leather case he looked at the dark, Draconian steel. As he unsheathed it he noticed that all it's weight suddenly dissappeared, another helpful Sith Spell. On it was enscribed ancient runes, of the Force Vampyre's language, the blade was a good meter in length. About 1/3 of the way down the blade the enscriptions ended an a long deadly looking blood groove was carved out, that followed the center of the blade all the way to its perfectly tapered tip.

The Heart allowed Talus to read the Terran Runes, the runes spelled an ancient incantation that read; "Swift as the Wind, Silent as the forest, , Fierce as Fire, Ummovable as the Mountain."

The incantation made the blades unbreakable, allowed them to move quickly though their obvious mass, perfectly quiet when being swung or blocked, not a sound would escape, and as sharp as the tongues of the inferno itself.

Talus smiled, these weapons would indeed give them the strength they needed to be victorious. And so he nodded off in his chair with the blade in his hands, waiting for his master to beckon him.

Posted by Drako on 01-13-2003 01:46 PM:

Drako entered his old chambres and sat down on the stone bench that served as a form of bed. He surveyed the room, it was sparce. The only other thing in the room was a small table set low to the floor, no chairs no parifinalia. Drako chuckled quietly without smiling, just the way he liked and remembered it.

He leaned over and placed the sword on the table before laying back on the bed and staring up at the top of the alcove, for the bed was set in a recess in the wall. The ceiling of which was smooth, Drako's room was set into the clif its self, this part of the citadel was cut out of the rock, not built.

He closed his eyes, letting himself drift into the trancelike state the Force Vampyres used instead of sleep. He stayed in this state till he concidered it was time to go. Rising quickly he doned the sword and went to find Talus.

With there being no one else in the citadel but the two of them Talus was easy to find. Drako chuckled at the irony of the room Talus has chosen as he arrived outside it. It was the room asigned to Lord War, champion of the Commander. Though Lord War had quarters upstairs they were more his office, this was his home that he shared with his wife.

The door opened of its own accord as the Sith Master approached, no door in the citadel was barred to the Commander, none. He stepped in.

"It is time, let us go hunt,"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 01-13-2003 11:15 PM:

The young man who had once been Talus Invictus, was already standing, dressed in his usual garb, with his Saber clipped to his waist and the long sword strapped to his back.

"Lead on master," The seemingly ever ready apprentice of the Force Vampyre replied.

Posted by Drako on 01-14-2003 01:43 PM:

Drako nodded, it was time to leave the citadel, time to hunt the scourge of his race. They passed a mirror on the way and Drako stopped to look, he could see himself and Talus but he could also see a ghostly echo superimpossed ontop of them. Two Force Vampyres of ages past, bearing the swords going forth to battle the drakes, behind them, the armies of the Death Guard were amassing. He chuckled quietly to himself.

"So, the call to arms is heard, the guard come again, it is time for the pheonix that is the Death Guard to rise from its own ashes and we are the first, let us not be the last,"

Drako brought his fist to his chest in a salute of the ghostly figures in the mirror, the two stood where he and Talus were now returned the salute, for some reason this did not suprise Drako, he could feel them with him, the hunt began.

{End of part one}
    Last edited by Thread Importer 2; 02-05-2003, 01:36 AM.
Working...
X