X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stingy [Closed, Marcus Rishar]

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-03-2002 11:22 AM:
    Stingy [Closed, Marcus Rishar]

Sarai slowly go up on stage of the large club, everything was black, except the lights behind her formed a blue wave. She leaned in near the mic and closed her eyes, letting herself go.

"Can I have you for a minute?
    don't get shocked cause my heart's in it
    when I say: you got me strung out
    I don't know and I can't call it
    but whatever it is you got it
    naw babe, without a doubt
    never been the one to cling and I don't like to be needed
    but now, I guess that's all changed
    that's why I get mad at your folks
    cause I dont want you to go
    naw babe, I want you to stay

you cant say I'm trippin' but I'm stingy and I can't hide it
    wanna keep you all to me - I'm selfish why try to fight it?
    you're the only one with the only love that's strong enough to claim me
    so please forgive me I'm just stingy
    but, how can you blame me?

baby, tell me how you do it cause you got me so into it
    I'm gone but I don't understand
    so amazing, captivating, elevating: any way you try to put it...
    I wanna be your girl
    so if you can be...
    I don't mind, it's alright, I'm for it, I would so adore it
    nothing turns me on more than being with you

but, how can you blame me?

do what you want...
    anything, anything
    I wanna know if it's you
    and you're the wrong
    everything, everything
    I do because I'm so wide open
    no joke, and you got me right where you want me to be
    I just hope you feel the same cause I don't want nothing to change
    this is where I wanna be
    so if you wanna put me on
    I dont mind, it's alright, I'm for it, I would so adore it
    nothing turns me on better than being with you
    baby, I'm not trippin...

but, how can you blame me ...?

Sarai sighed. She rested her head on the table, a few empty glasses of JD around on it. She had been here for a few hours, bored out of her mind and didn't find anything better to do than just drink and drink some more. She wasn't sure what to do with he money she just gained, after singing on stage for that crowd, so decided to waste it on booze. She coughed, and closed her eyes, staying there silently.

"....."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-03-2002 06:05 PM:

Marcus rises from his table quite a distance off from the bar. He had finally finished the one and only drink he had bought, having spent most of the time just staring at it or listening to the various performers on stage. He begins his stride to the bar, carrying an empty mug in his right hand, with his left stashed into his black flight jacket. Taking a seat at the bar, he slides the glass across to the bartender, not wishing for a refill but merely returning the mug. A brow began to rise as he caught sight of the woman from the corner of his eye. He turned in his seat towards her, nudging her gently with his hand on her shoulder.

"You awake there?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-03-2002 07:51 PM:

She groaned, and opened one eye at first, trying to search for the man who nudged her. She sat up slowly, rubbing her forehead, before turning towards the man. She scoffed, then just looked away, her chin leaning on her hand.

"Ugh."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-03-2002 08:04 PM:

Marcus fixed his eyes on her for a moment, before the memory finally clicked back into his mind.

"You're the singer. You did a really good job, but is something wrong?"

He merely studied her, awaiting to see if she would further ignore him. After a moment of pause, he turns back to the bar and shrugs, assuming she won't reply or is lost in her own world.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-04-2002 10:54 AM:

"This whole universe is wrong." She finally muttered after a moment of silence.

The corner of her eyes turned to him, but she didn't turn completely. Her right hand ran through her brown hair, sighing. The singer - Was that all she is ?

"Don't you think so ?"

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-04-2002 06:33 PM:

"I wouldn't agree that the whole universe is wrong. What makes you think this?"

Marcus turned back in his chair to face her, resting his elbow on the table and rubbing his chin with his hand, his eyes fixed to hers, seeming to study her through them.

"I don't think I caught your name also."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-05-2002 10:38 AM:

"Sarai." She just replied flatly.

She took a slight pause, resting her cheek in her gloved hand, looking back at him. Sarai wasn't a shy person - If he stared at her, she wasn't afraid to stare back. She then noticed he was a nice-looking guy, something that was rare these days.

"And what brings you here, ...?" She questioned, but also asking for his name.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-05-2002 11:08 AM:

"Well Sarai, i'm Marcus, and it's a pleasure to meet you."

Marcus sat up straight after his words and offered a hand. He finally began to notice her coming out of her shell a bit, meaning her seclusion and silence. As if trying to reassure her that he wasn't one of the run of the mill guys here, he offered a subtle smile as he replied.

"Just stopping in for a bit of entertainment. You know, trying to relax."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-05-2002 12:51 PM:

She took his hand and shook it gently. "I see."

Pulling her gloved hand away softly, she offered a smile back at him, but only slightly, maybe even barely noticeable.

"I think it's impossible to relax here."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-05-2002 06:18 PM:

"Well depends really. I have been doing ok with relaxing here."

Marcus turns in his chair once more, placing his back to the bar and leaning back against it. Resting his elbows back on the bar, he studies her face again, trying to discern her thoughts on him before speaking once more.

"Do you work here often?"

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-05-2002 06:41 PM:

"Only when I'm out of money ... Which is most of the time." Sarai chuckled.

"I get good tips when I do dirty songs, but today, I felt like doing something different. Don't think the crowd liked it that much."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-05-2002 10:53 PM:

Marcus takes a moment to think, leaving the two in silence, before digging through his pocket and removing a few credits. He places them on the bar and slides them to her before replacing his elbow on the bar.

"Well I enjoyed it, so I owe you that."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-07-2002 10:39 AM:

Sarai arched an eyebrow before slowly pulling the credits towards her. She wasn't sure if she should accept it or not, but then stopped, pushing the money back towards the man. She wasn't that desperate.

"You should keep it to yourself."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-07-2002 02:06 PM:

Marcus allowed a smirk to cross his lips, then proceeded to push them back across the bar again and resume his resting position.

"It's a tip and I want you to take it. I'll be fine for a while."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-12-2002 05:08 PM:

Sarai pushed the credits back towards the man again. She was a very competitive girl and any kind of challenge was a challenge for her. She shook her head.

"You are going to need it."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-12-2002 08:48 PM:

This was becoming one of those times that Marcus prefered his stubborness. He slides the credits back along the bar to her, merely flashing a smile and no words accompanying it.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-12-2002 09:20 PM:

Sarai, on the other hand, grinned fully with her glossy lips. She slid them back to Marcus. She arched an eyebrow in triumph, though the war wasn't over yet.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-12-2002 10:08 PM:

Marcus set his hand down on top of her then proceeded to push her hand and the credits back, his smile only growing at the back and forth battle.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-13-2002 12:51 PM:

She shook her head and pushed them back. "Now, Marcus, you don't need to be this generous."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-14-2002 01:53 PM:

"Well if you won't take it, I will just leave it with the bartender, who may or may not use it to pay you for the next time you work here. It can either go directly to you or be wasted. Your choice."

A sly grin crept across his lips, sure that this would finally force her to take the credits.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-15-2002 07:28 AM:

"Directly to me or wasted ... Well, I don't really care if it gets wasted. Do you ?"

Sarai tilted her head to the side. Wasted or not - It wasn't her money, it was his. Her grin slowly turned into a smile as she stood up from her bartool, her gaze locked with his, waiting for an answer.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-15-2002 10:04 PM:

"Well, i'd like it to go to you since that's the main reason I am giving it away, but if it's wasted, it's wasted."

Marcus left the money on the table and rose as well, crossing his arms over his chest and awaiting any more of a reply from her.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-16-2002 10:51 AM:

Sarai just realized that Marcus wasn't so bad-looking, compared to all of the other geeks she dated before. He was even very handsome. But then again, why was she putting him in the dating categorie ? She tilted her head to the side and ran her hand through her slightly wavy brown hair.

"We'll leave it here then. Deal ?"

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-16-2002 01:57 PM:

"Sounds fine to me."

He offered her a subtle and quaint smile, followed by a wink. Before turning from the bar, he grabbed his jacket up and pulled it on over his tanktop.

"Well, you wanna get out of here or something? Or should I say goodnight and hope to see you again sometime?"

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-17-2002 04:03 PM:

"It's raining ..." Sarai pointed her gloved hand outside.

"Still want to hang out somewhere ?" She smiled.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-17-2002 07:57 PM:

"Afraid of the rain? Could of just said no."

Marcus smirks at his last comment, not really believing she meant no but saying it anyways.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-18-2002 10:48 AM:

"It's not that."

She pointed at him then at herself. "You have a jacket, I don't."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-18-2002 01:48 PM:

"Is that all? You can borrow it, unless you're so determined to stay here."

He had already begun to take his jacket off, though not much, just peeling it back from his shoulders.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-19-2002 03:01 PM:

"Then you'll get wet."

Sarai tilted her head to the side, looking at him take off his jacket.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-19-2002 03:48 PM:

"So? I can always change my clothes when I get back to my ship eventually, it's just water."

He doesn't finish removing his jacket, only waits for her acceptance or her decline.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-25-2002 05:04 PM:

Sarai exhaled, smirking. "Alright, thank you."

She held out her hand, waiting for his jacket. "Hope you don't mind if it smells like cinnamon afterwards ..."

Sarai always smelled like cinnamon, ever since she was born. Something about that scent that just became natural to her.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-25-2002 06:54 PM:

Marcus rolls his shoulders back, removing the rest of his jacket and then taking it into one hand. After removing it, he extends it to her with a faint smile on his face.

"Not at all."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-26-2002 07:44 AM:

Sarai put it on gently, then lifted her hair behind so it could flow outside of the jacket. She marched towards the door, followed by Marcus.

"What do you feel like doing ?" She asked, looking over her shoulder.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-26-2002 03:05 PM:

"Ya know, I hadn't thought that far ahead, didn't think I'd get you even this far. Well I suppose just go wherever our feet take us for now, hm? Or do you have a suggestion."

Marcus took longer strides to gain some ground in front of her, reaching the door and holding it for her as they departed.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-27-2002 02:29 PM:

It poured rain on the ground, it was sad to watch. But somehow, being with Marcus didn't make it seem so bad. She blinked when he opened the door for her. She wasn't used to this kind of treatment. She shrugged her shoulders at his question, stepping outside. She frowned slightly, then took off his jacket, holding it up in the air, and motioning for him to get under it, for cover, with her.

"Come on. Let's just walk."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-28-2002 12:28 AM:

Marcus smiles faintly at her offer. After a moment of thinking he manages to fit under it just beside her, only his shoulder still getting wet.

"I didn't say you had to share, but thanks. Maybe we'll find somewhere to go, but sometimes a walk is enough to have a good time, it depends on the company."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-28-2002 03:59 PM:

"What kind of company is good then ?" Sarai smirked, her head tilted to the side.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-28-2002 05:26 PM:

"So far you fit the description of good company. I guess I could say someone that is dull, annoying, loud or obnoxious is bad company."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 10-31-2002 04:39 PM:

She chuckled. "I see ... Well, Marcus, tell me about yourself. Your past, your present ... Your future."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-31-2002 08:36 PM:

Marcus edged over a bit to prevent some of the rain from hitting his shoulder still. He was careful to watch where he walked, as the paths could most likely be slippery, though still speaking to Sarai.

"Well. I ran away from home when I was real young, went to join a Flight Academy. I was near the top of my class there and eventually graduated. I enlisted with some "mercenary" fighter wings, just trying to make a living. I abandoned that life though and currently I am seeking training with the Jedi."

He wasn't quite sure how she would take the last detail he said, not everyone favored Jedi and she herself could have even been a Sith and he wouldn't know it.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-03-2002 08:06 PM:

"Jedi training." Sarai murmured under her breath.

He obviously didn't know she was a Sith Rogue or at least, wasn't sure. She bit her lower lip and thought to herself, damn, only the good-looking ones.

"How come ?"

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-03-2002 08:12 PM:

"It just feels like where I belong, sort of. I've had a bit of a rough life in a sense and haven't lived up to Jedi ideals from the young age, but it just seems I belong. And what about you...past, present, future."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-03-2002 08:39 PM:

".... Well, I used to work in a bar like the one we were in earlier. It was nice, wild at night, but I was younger - I liked it. Then things happened that changed me and I had to leave that place. I got pregnant, unwillingly that night ... But I lost my baby."

She sighed, the corner of her lips frowning.

"I couldn't find anything to eat, so my son or daughter died inside of me."

Her gaze fell to the wet ground.

"But I was only but a teen back then."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-03-2002 08:52 PM:

"I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. What about you future though, anything in planning?"

Marcus bit his lip, regretting his making her bring back hurtful memories.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-04-2002 10:42 AM:

"No ... Not really. Just trying to survive, day after day." Sarai murmured, her head tilted to the side, letting the tips of her brown wavy hair get wet.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-04-2002 12:34 PM:

"And you probably aren't willing to receive help, right? If you are, I'd like to do what I can, though I am not sure what that is right now."

Marcus, noticing an overhead not too far away, places his hand on her lower back, guiding her under it to get away from the rain for just a few minutes.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-04-2002 03:58 PM:

"Well ..." Sarai looked over her shoulder at Marcus' hand.

She took a slight pause, looking at it for a moment then shook her head, running her hand through the tips of her hair. She bit on her lower lip, not really sure of what to respond. Until now, she has been on her own.

"I've survived until now. I don't want to bother you or anything."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-04-2002 04:12 PM:

"It's no bother at all. Also the way you made it sound with your story, you did that just barely. Please if their is anyway I can help.."

Marcus offers her a faint smile, trying to be reassuring.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-04-2002 05:03 PM:

"Really, it's no problems at all." Sarai insisted.

She didn't want to look desperate for any kind of help. Tonight, she was going back to that homeless place and sleep there with a gun in her hand like she always does. She offered back a smile to Marcus, shaking her head slightly.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-04-2002 08:44 PM:

"I hope this isn't a pride thing, Sarai. I do this with sincerity, not pity. I just want to help you, if I even can."

His eyes turned from hers and out to the rain which seemed to lighten a bit, not much but even enough was good. Again he places his hand to her lower back and raises the jacket over them with the other hand, walking back out into the now lighter rain.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-06-2002 11:02 AM:

"..."

Sarai looked up, the rain was getting weaker, but she was already almost 'home'. Her home was a broken center, that got burned a few years back, but it was still somehow standing. She pointed upwards.

"I'm already home." She said, almost embarassed. "You better go back if you don't want the other homeless to steal anything from you."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-12-2002 12:35 AM:

"Go back where? To the bar? No, i'll pass. Though, you can come with me, and we can go to my ship. Their is a little couch in their, i'd love to have you stay there, or anywhere other then here. Come on."

Marcus grabbed a hold of her hand after his words, leaving the jacket to her alone. He smiled faintly, and began to pull her with him.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-13-2002 10:52 AM:

"But ..."

She arched her eyebrows as he pulled her. Did the man had an odd habit to just welcome any strangers to his place ? Especially, her kind ... She wasn't supposed to be friends with a man who wants to be a Jedi.

"But .. I'm a stranger."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-13-2002 11:03 AM:

"Maybe a while ago you were, but now you're Sarai. You sing at that bar for money, won't accept tips from strangers, or just me. I know your name, that's enough for me. I could defend myself if needed, but I don't think I'll have to."

Marcus smirks at her as he continues to pull her along. He is completely unaware, though, of "what" she really is.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-13-2002 04:16 PM:

Letting herself being pulled, Sarai couldn't decide on fighting against or letting herself go. Finally, giving it a shot didn't seem so bad. And if she felt something bad about it, she could always leave in the middle of the night. She returned a smile to Marcus and nodded.

"Alright."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-14-2002 05:28 PM:

"Great." He smiled and released her hand, just walking at her left sides with his hands in his pockets. Despite the area they were in, his ship actually wasn't that far, it was the only pad he could find to land on when arriving.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-16-2002 10:49 AM:

"Thanks ..." She muttered, looking up to him sideways.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-16-2002 08:45 PM:

"It's no problem." He offers her another smile and stops at the ramp of his YT-2400. A hand reaches into his pocket and suddenly the ramp drops down before their feet. "After you."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-17-2002 01:13 PM:

"Such a gentleman." She grinned before stepping on the ramp.

She looked over her shoulder for a second before going up through the entrance ahead.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-17-2002 01:56 PM:

Marcus follows not far behind her, his hands stuffed into his pockets and a smile on his face. As soon as they are inside, he removes a single hand and guides her with it to the main lounge he typically sleeps in. "Well I usually sleep in here, so you can have the couch, already some sleeping materials on it. Feel free to hold ontot he jacket also. Anything I can get for you?"

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-20-2002 05:18 PM:

"No, not at all. Just .. Where's the bathroom ?" She smiled, almost embarassed.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-20-2002 05:51 PM:

Marcus gestures to a small door just adjacent to where they entered the 'lounge' from. "It's not exactly big, but hopefully it will do."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 11-21-2002 08:18 AM:

"Thanks."

She nodded and sat on the couch, looking up to him. She didn't know exactly what to say anymore, so she bit on her lower lip, her gaze falling to the floor as an awkward silence settled between them.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 11-25-2002 07:47 PM:

"It's no problem." He noticed as a silence fell between them, his hands finding their way into his pockets. "Well, maybe I should let you get some rest."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 12-01-2002 06:34 PM:

"Thanks ..." Her voice seemed hesitant.

She looked down on the floor, biting on her lower lip nervously.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 12-01-2002 08:44 PM:

"Something wrong? Can't help but notice you seem a bit timid." He leans back against the wall, his head tilting to the side just a bit.

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 12-02-2002 05:39 PM:

"No, no, I'm fine." Sarai smiled.

Her eyes looked up to Marcus, and tilted her head to the side, the same side as him. She smiled again, just studying the man's features.

"Why are you doing this, Marcus ?"

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 12-02-2002 05:55 PM:

Marcus thinks on this a moment, not entirely convinced he is doing it from the goodness of his heart, but that being a big factor in all of it. "I like to help people Sarai. I just want to help you, and results make it worth it. Just that smile makes it worth it."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 12-05-2002 03:43 PM:

Sarai scoffed, but couldn't help but drawing a little smile on her lips.

"Helping people ? It can't be that easy."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 12-05-2002 03:47 PM:

"What did you expect me to say?" He lofts a brow with her comment, shrugging his shoulders and changing his tone so it appears he is joking. "Here, i'll help you and as payment...." He smirks just faintly, leaving it unfinished. "I don't want anything."

Posted by Sarai Dracone on 12-09-2002 08:08 AM:

"I can't do that, Marcus ..."

Sarai sat back on the couch, crossing her arms, a slight smirk on her glossy lips as she looked up to the man. Indeed, she was stubborn.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 12-09-2002 02:32 PM:

Marcus lofts a brow, lost in her words and takes a seat on the arm of the couch, looking down to her with his arms remaining crossed over his chest. "Eh, can't do what? I don't want anything."
Working...
X