X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Knight's first battle(Talus)

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-18-2002 04:01 PM:
    A Knight's first battle(Talus)

Alamar stood in the dark alley, his brown jedi cloak covering his silver armour. He could sense the Sith up ahead somewhere. In the pitch darkness of the alley the blind Jedi would have the advantage over the Sith who would be robbed of a sense Alamar did not even possess.

He was calm and silent as he moved effortlessly through the alley, using his other senses to navigate. When he was close enough to the Sith he stopped and ignited Order

"Turn and face me Sith, that in the darkness that is your home I may expunge your evil from the universe,"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Talus Invictus on 10-18-2002 04:19 PM:

Talus had been waiting on the man, his dragon saber, Clavis Neco, already in hand, it wasn't the Jedi's force presence that alerted him, but the footfalls and sound his armour made as he moved.

"Could you Jedi be any louder? I think I heard you leave the temple."

Talus grinned as he spoke, thought he knew his opponent was blind, he could see the Jedi's milky eyes in the glow of his saber. As he stood there sizing his opponent up the mouth of the dragon on his saber opened, revealing an emitter and a ruby activation switch appeared between the wings of beast.

Snap-hiss...hmmmmmmm In an instant the crimson blade belched forth from the dragons mouth.

"It seems you spend you're life in darkness as well... Tell me, when I kill you will you know the difference?" With a sudden motion Talus hand raised up and he expelled a powerful force push directed at the knees of the blind Jedi, rushing forward to deliver a controled strike at the shoulder of the Jedi's saber arm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Count Alamar on 10-18-2002 04:36 PM:

With reactions born of a lifetime without sight the jedi pulled one of the nearby trash cans into the line of fire, not only letting it absorb the Force attack, but impede Talus's progress as well.

"There is no death for me, only the Force, for you however there will only ever be darkness, I can see your soul evil one, there is no goodness there,"

Alamar spoke as Talus hacked through the trash can. As soon as he was through the Jedi attacked, his sabre coming from high right towards Talus's chest and waist, as though the Jedi saught to cleve his opponent in twain.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 10-18-2002 11:52 PM:

"See my soul?" Talus laughed as he hacked through the trash can and brought his saber back up to the left blocking the downward slash of Alamar's, sparks flew and the blades crackled and hissed at one another.

"It seems you see much for a man without sight. " Talus growled as he used his enormous strength and size to push the sightless wonder back and create distance between the two combatants.

"Without the darkness there can be no light. I however am not evil, dear jedi. I am simply an ambitous realist. Darkness will eventually swallow even the brightest flame, instilling an order of it's own. I simply want it to be an order shaped after my desires..." As he spoke of his ideas, there was no emotion in his voice, simply confidence. Quickly he picked up the two halves of the trash can he'd just finished cleaving and sent them flying at the Jedi, he then jumped off the side of the alley and came at Alamar again, with a side-to-side slash, coming from Talus right to his left.

As his saber and the remains of the trashcan came flying at the warrior of light, he called out to the man; "I am Sith Disciple Invictus and you might be?"

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-20-2002 03:55 PM:

Alamar moved like a streak of silver in the darkness of the alley, a foot went up, giving him the pivot to flip himself over the can and behind Talus. He landed, sabre ready for a thrust that Talus would have to turn quickly to block.

"I am Count Alamar, Jedi Knight, and the laster person you will ever see,"

The Jedi lunged, his sabre aimed for the small of Talus's back

Posted by Talus Invictus on 10-21-2002 12:42 AM:

Talus spun to his left parrying Jedi's thrust up and away from his body. As he continued his spin, his right hand came up, allowing Talus to cast a force push into the lunging Jedi's back and create a comfortable amount of distance between the two. Stepping back and holding his blade in a neutral position Talus regrouped. The Jedi was much faster than himself and was a Knight, a rank of Jedi not to be taken lightly, not that Talus ever did take an opponent lightly.

"Are you positive about that, someone could step into the alley as you kill me, I would see them but you probably wouldn't."

His wisecracks and insults were not out of disrespect to his opponent but rather to break the stoic concentration of the Jedi, get him to lose his focus, the source of his power and the only way the blind man could keep a confirmed location of the Sith and if Talus was to defeat his enemy he had to confuse him.

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-21-2002 05:18 PM:

"Your ramblings seek to break my concentration when all they do is lead me to you,"

Alamar fell silent, the Sith did indeed make his location painfully obvious to the blind Jedi, as if the hum of the sabre wasn't clue enough.

Alamar lept to the attack again, sabre going in for a low shot, trying to remove the possibilty of Talus ever having children.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 10-21-2002 11:55 PM:

Talus parried the thrust towards his groin and spun away to his right. The constant attack of the Jedi was unnerving to him, in his readings he read about how the Jedi were passive keepers of the peace and did not seek out a fight, this one however was anything but passive and certainly was up for the battle.

"That's it feed off the anger Jedi, doesn't if feel good to hate me, to know that if you succede against me, you'll end my life? It fills you with power, the emotion it drives you after me doesn't it?" Talus continued his mind games with the aggressive Jedi, hopeing to drive him over the edge, rendering his training in the way of the light useless.

Moving quickly to the left side of the blind Knight, attacked with a horizontal motion at the open flank of his opponent.

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-23-2002 08:37 AM:

Alamar's same changed direction, facing downwards instead of up, swinging his sideways to block the horrizontal stike. That wasn't all though, the Jedi's hips came round as well, giving him the power to drive a punch straight into Talus's solar plexus.

Alamar was not a tall man, at 5'9" but he was well built, weighing over 250lb's of pure muscle, the strike drove Talus back along the ground by sheer power alone.

"I do not hate you Sith, I mearly regonsise you as the canser upon the universe that you are. For the good of all life I will expunge your evil from the Force."

Alamar may have been agressive in his tactics but his Jedi training was still absolute, the Dark path never beconned him, even when the Sith had destroyed his world he had felt no anger only a great saddness and a desire to see justice done.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 10-23-2002 02:20 PM:

The blow was more devestating than the Jedi could have even hoped for, catching the aggressive Sith off-guard completely, he had not time to brace for the blow.

"Ummph..." A muffled grunt came from the large warrior as he flew back onto the ground, the wind having been knocked from him.

Gasping for air he rose to his feet again and smiled.

"A cancer grows and consumes that which it desires to control, eventually destroying it. I do not wish to destroy that which I will rule, I wish simply to subdue it." The dark-skinned giant wheezed.

After taking in enough air to regain his compuser he deactivated his saber and stood perfectly still. His force signature was nothing overwhelming, because he had yet to develop his skills to a level where power eminated from him. It was time to find out just how well the Jedi could sense him.

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-30-2002 03:24 PM:

Alamar's sightless eyes hovered a moment then centred on Talus, a grim expression fixed on the Count's face.

"Your heart beat betrays you to me, though I will silence it for you,"

Alamar's sabre pointed directly towards Talus's heart, with a flick of his wrist he sent the blade powering horrizontally towards Talus's heart.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 10-30-2002 03:37 PM:

Talus deactivated his saber for another reason. He was better trained in unarmed combat, than with his saber. Something he needed to remedy but for the moment it served him, actually it gave him an advantage. Moving quickly he side-stepped the thrust by the Jedi, his motions remained fluid as his left hand clamped on the sightless Knight's wrist, pulling the Jedi closer.

"And you're eyes betray you..." He spoke as his right fist came sharply across Alamar's chin, but instead of releasing his opponent Talus brought his hand back again across the Jedi's face, in a back-handed manner. Finally he finished his counter-attack with a huge foot to the chest of his stocky opponent, knocking him backwards and giving Talus his best shot for victory. Igniting his blade he rushed again, trying to bring it down through the neck of his enemy.

Posted by Count Alamar on 11-14-2002 05:52 PM:

Alamar let himself fall backwards to the floor, Talus's sabre sailing over head without touching him, the Sith's momentum carried him forwards onto Alamar's waiting feet though. As he felt the Sith connect the Jedi flipped his feet up towards his head, catapulting Talus over him and into the alley wall.

The Jedi was feeling the effects of that last exchange as he flipped back to his feet. His face had taken the biggest beating, his armour had protected him from most of the booted attack. He cracked his jaw and waited for Talus to rise from the pile of trash Alamar had demosited him in.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-14-2002 09:23 PM:

Talus sailed over the head of the Jedi and slammed into the wall with a thud. He dropped his saber to his side and had to scrounge for it. Finding it he rose slowly to his feet, the blow to the ribs combined with the impact of the wall had knocked the wind out of him. Taking a breath he stared down his opponent and reactivated his saber.

"Nice.." Was his reply. Talus may have hated his opponent, but that didn't mean he did not respect him.

"Let us continue." He spoke as he came at Alamar once again. He brought his saber downwards, pivoting his body as he attacked, so that he would be behind his opponent at the end of the move.

Posted by Count Alamar on 11-20-2002 04:42 PM:

Alamar dropped, hitting the ground he rolled, straight into Talus's legs, bringing the Sith down ontop of him as he rolled through. Streaching out again he tried to pin Talus to the floor, dennying him the use of his sabre in the close quarters.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-20-2002 04:51 PM:

The Jedi had managed to pin Talus' wrists to the ground, but Talus had other things he could use to get his opponent off of him other than his arms.

Rocking backwards he brought his legs upwards and in a display of incredible agility he wrapped his legs around the blind knight's throat pulling him backwards and off of the young disciples frame. He felt the intense heat of the saber blade pass by him. Deactivating his own saber he rolled backwards and then using the force he attempted to pull his opponent's out from under him.

Posted by Count Alamar on 12-04-2002 03:18 PM:

Alamar rolled backwards, freeing himself of Talus's legs he sprung back to his feet. He felt the pull as Talus tried to pull his legs out from under him.

He ran towards Talus, letting the opponents Force attack help his speed at the last moment he lept, letting the Force pull bring his booted feet straight up in to the Sith's chin with a resounding crash.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-04-2002 03:24 PM:

Talus flipped backwards from the force of the blow, it nearly broke his neck. Slowly he rose to his feet and rolled his neck to loosen the muscles.

"Always suprised by a Jedi's resilience, for creatures trained to be so passive and calm, you have unbelievable desire to claim victory in battle."

Talus reached down and armed himself again activating his saber he moved at the Jedi, he would let his saber skills do his talking for him now. A horizontal slash was his first attack.

Posted by Count Alamar on 12-04-2002 03:59 PM:

Alamar's own sabre intercepted Talus's slash while it was still wide, his sightless eyes settled on Talus.

"I have no desire Sith, I simply do what I must,"

Alamar's strength was suprising as he forced Talus's blade high above them before twisting to drive his right boot into the Sith's midrift.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 12-05-2002 03:25 PM:

Talus' training with his Master Drako had paid off, this knight was no where nearly as quick as the Sith Master whom Talus often recieved instruction from.

His left arm shot down and blocked the kick, but the force of the blow caused seperation and numbed his arm. Talus launched another attack, this time he leapt in the air and brought his saber down at his enemies head.

As the blades locked from his enemies blocking move, Talus spun mid air and attempted to deliver a spin kick to Alamar's head with his right foot.
Working...
X