X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murmers of the Spirit (closed)

Posted by Tempist Opps on 08-27-2002 05:33 PM:
    Murmers of the Spirit

A tall, quiet man walked out onto a grassy plateu, overlooking a huge valley. The ground below was coated with trees, of almost every color imaginable. Autumn was indeed marvelous this year.

The Sith Knight let out a long sigh, and sat on a good sized rock, on the very edge of the cliff. Boredom was biting at his soul again. He hated it when that happened. If only there were a worthy challenge... then perhaps he would no longer feel the emptyness of himself reminding him that he was taskless. He remained silent though, and simply watched.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-05-2002 11:03 PM:

:: The recently promoted Jedi Knight was taking her first trip alone in the galaxy. Her newly formed custom lightsaber hung from a clip on her belt as the vastness of the galaxy set in. Not knowing where to begin, she closed her eyes and meditated upon the Light until she felt a disturbance in the force. There was an unknown power of Evil near and Tessa felt that innocent people might be in danger.

Locating the position of where the darkness was looming, she made her way to a grassy area where a man sat alone on a rock. He didn't look dangerous to the Knight, but she approached with caution none the less as she made sure her hand was near her lightsaber hilt ::

"Hello there. Beautiful day, isn't it?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-06-2002 05:23 PM:

The light. He could feel a lightsider nearby, with a stench of over zelousness acompanying it. He didn't show this in any way though, and simply turned to the woman who had spoken to him. He offered a fake smile, that seemed real to any whom could not read emotions, and cool eyes, as the hatred and anger was bottled up and stored for an emotional moltov cocktail.

"G' Day miss! Yes, it is very nice out."

The faccade wouldn't last long, the woman hadn't noticed the huge battle axe, slightly behind the rock he was sitting on. 'Twas a unique blade, one of the few in the galaxy that couldn't be destoried by a lightsaber, only needing to be sharpened once, while the metal was still soft enough to remove.

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-07-2002 02:08 AM:

:: He had a charming smile and really didn't look evil at all, but the aura surrounding him indicated otherwise. She studied him closely and kept a watchful eye on his movements as she spoke once again. Perhaps the Jedi Knight could assist him in finding his way back to the path of Light. After all, it was never too late to embrace the peace and goodness of the Light side of the force ::

"I agree. We haven't had weather like this in such a long time. It does so much good to bring balance into all living things on the planet. You can almost feel the peace and tranquility in the very air you breathe. It's so soothing."

:: Tessa began to recite the Jedi Code in her mind as she focused and called upon the strength of the Light to aid her in whatever might happen this day. She gave a smile to the man once more and continued to be mindful of his every move ::

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-07-2002 09:58 AM:

His smile quickly faded, but not into the scowl he wanted. It left an expressionless face, undesciperable to any and all. His fingers slowly moved down to the grip of his axe, and wraped themselves around it. This woman disgusted him, she was almost as bad as one of those door to door religion salesmen.

"Bah, I can't stand the light. It exposes the way nature works, espically the more viscous side of it."

As strong as the lightside seemed in her, there was always darkness in a person. Even jedi masters cast a shadow. All he'd have to do is snuff the candle, and let darkness take it's course.

Should that not work.... there was always his axe.

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-08-2002 02:24 AM:

:: Tessa reached out with the serenity of the light within her and could sense the man's troubled thoughts. A soul in conflict was indeed a tragedy in the galaxy. She only wished to help him in any way she could as she continued to call upon the wisdom and purity of the light side of the force to surround her ::

"The light gives living things warmth and allows them to grow and flourish in the universe, my friend. It is only in the darkness that life diminishes and can even die off completely. The light quenches the body and soul in a way that the darkness could never imagine possible. For if one's soul possesses visciousness and decay, then that is all that one's eyes is able to see in the world around them."

:: She watched the man and hoped that her words were providing some soothing comfort in his time of distress ::

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-08-2002 09:36 AM:

That struck a dead nerve, and memories of his family's untimely slaughter by jedi fluttered into his mind. His tone took on a bitter, and spiteful demeanor.

"You'd be suprized what can die in the light. Try watching a lightside force user kill your father, and then see that they killed your family."

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-09-2002 04:01 AM:

:: His response puzzled Tessa. The contradiction in his explanation caused her to wonder what could possibly have happened to this man's family. Still wanting to assist him in any way she could, the Jedi Knight continued her mission to save him from himself ::

"I'm sorry. But I do not believe that a Jedi would kill anyone. It's not in our code or way of life. We use our weapons and skills to defend others who are unable to defend themselves. Perhaps the people who caused the death of your family were in actuality Dark Jedi or Sith. For they wield death to suit their own purposes and rarely seek to validate any sort of rational explanation."

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-10-2002 05:27 PM:

"Oh really, and you'd know of the Sith from personal experiance?"

A deep voice filled Tessa's head, one far deeper than any in her mind already.

Would you like to find out first hand?

A dark grin played over Tempist's face, and he quietly stood to his full 6'2, axe in hand .

"My name is Sith Knight Tempist Opps, of The Sith Empire. What is your given name and title, lightsider?"

The tone of hate that was reflected in his voice at this last word ran deeper than the oldest cave, and stronger than any river. He truly did hate jedi, and everything about them.

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-14-2002 12:34 AM:

:: As he stood up, the Jedi felt the hatred surrounding him. Hearing his voice in her mind, Tessa looked into his eyes and smiled ::

"Well I have met a couple of Sith actually. It saddened me to see how misguided their path had become. I offered to assist them in returning to the path of the Light, however they didn't exactly seem receptive to the idea. It seems the darkness had already corrupted their mind.. very unfortunate.."

:: As he introduced himself, everything clicked into place as she looked into the eyes of one of the instruments of evil in the galaxy. Reciting the Jedi Code quickly, Tessa concentrated on the warmth and serenity of the light and she instantly felt calm and at peace with the force ::

"Greetings, dark sider. I am Jedi Knight Tessa Rendahl of the Students of the Light. It is still not too late to find the true path of the force, my friend.."

:: She watched him closely as if ready to anticipate his next move.. and it was a safe bet that it wasn't going to be a handshake of friendship by the tone in his voice ::

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-16-2002 01:18 PM:

A small smirk crept over his face.

"There is no 'true path' of the force, child. Everyone forges their own path. Mine is a path of darkness, and nothing you can say or do will change that. And if you are to attempt to deny anyone that freedom of fate, then I must dispose of you."

Without moving a single muscle, aside from the smirk growing into a sadistic grin, two large stones from the edges of the feild flew twards Tessa, from both her left and right sides.

"....by the way, don't call me 'friend'."

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-29-2002 01:37 AM:

:: She looked over at him, a puzzled expression on her face. Tessa then saw the two incoming stones and stepped to the side to avoid one while waving the other aside with her hand as a gentle force push sends it flying away from her ::

"Dispose of me? Why would you seek such a violent outcome to my calling you a friend? There are other non-violent ways to resolve a conflict. Perhaps we could go for a walk and talk a bit more?"

:: The warmth of the light side surrounded her as she focused on peaceful and calm thoughts ::

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-29-2002 11:44 AM:

"Why do your kind always mis-enterpet my words? I said 'if you deny anyone their right to their own path.' It wasn't for calling me friend."

He looked at her cockeyed, and pondered for a moment. Perhaps a walk would do him good, but he wasn't fond of jedi, no matter who they were or what demeanor they posessed.

"Perhaps a walk would be better for you. I don't like killing, don't aggrivate me."

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-29-2002 09:00 PM:

:: Tessa blinked. She had never run across a Sith who didn't just attack her instantly. This man was different.. perhaps there was much to learn about him. She smiled once again and kept a watchful eye on the Sith in the likelihood that this was a trick of some sort ::

"I always enjoy a walk. Let us go this way then."

:: She led him down the side of the mountain to a forest area along a stream. Birds and other creatures sang in celebration of the light of the sun as a soft breeze travelled along the leaves. A few of the reddish and yellow leaves pulled free from the branches which had held them and spiralled carelessly to the ground. She looked over at him ::

"So why did you choose to walk the path of darkness?"

Posted by Tempist Opps on 10-09-2002 04:45 PM:

Feeling unusially moody, he slung his axe onto his back, and decided to take a walk with her. He didn't quite know why, maybe a quick flash of compassion twards this woman. She was indeed overzelous, and didn't quite seem to know how to take 'no' for an answer, but it didn't matter. After the walk, depending on circumstances, he might kill her, he might not. He might do it now, out of boredom.

He didn't though. He walked with her, and replied to her question.

"Nature inspires me. The most successful hunters do it in the dark, when they cannot be seen. The only real difference is what is hunted. I hunt impuritites, rather hypocritial of me. Why do you bathe yourself in the light?"

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 10-21-2002 10:41 PM:

:: She listened as they walked. Tessa had never really spoken to a Dark Sider and so she considered this to be facinating research into the mind of those who had gone astray for whatever reason ::

"That's an interesting perception of the hunter and the hunted. Why do I bathe myself in the light? Because the light side represents all that is good and just in the galaxy. The light is peace and harmony and is gained through knowledge, understanding, discipline and self control.

As a Jedi, I believe that there is no death but that it is merely a transformation to a new state of existence in the galaxy. In my short lifetime, I have observed that life is a glorious and eternal cycle, of which nothing is dispensable or lacking in value. I believe that a Jedi's purpose is to live as an example, to assist those who are unable to defend themselves and to foster peace and understanding in others. That is why I choose to walk the worthy and honorable path of the Light."
Working...
X