Home Upgrade [Nate]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Upgrade [Nate]

"You sure you don't miss moving the piano around?" Alienor laughed, not resisting to tease Nate about this, remembering how epic it had been when Keir and them had had to set it in the living room a long while ago. She loved the instrument to pieces.

Keir had promptly left the apartment after their discussion. She was concerned of him living at the hospital, but she knew better than being a pest to him.

She was excited that today marked when her boyfriend was moving in. With their respective busy schedules, it was always troublesome to find time off together, but with this new step in their relationship she hoped that it'd help.

"I'm glad that I had gave you the spare key already, with how long they kept me at the institute!" She had just arrived after a longer than planned rehearsal. "The good news is that I don't have another assignment for spy stuff until in a couple of days!"

sigs by Santeria and me

Nathaniel was nervous despite what a good step this was for him... because this was a big step.

"I have mad lock-breaking skills, if it had come down to it," Nate dead-panned, then winked at Alienor. "Or, I could have just lurked at the institute. How did rehearsal go?"

Moving in was going to be fairly simple. The half-alien pilot didn't own much, as evidenced by the pair of boxes and backpack that now rested at his feet.
    sigpic

Comment

Alienor couldn't believe that she felt ready to move in with her boyfriend, but she was glad they could take this new step together. It was very important to her.

"Mad lock breaking skills? Might have to teach me one of these days!" She grinned as she set her purse and violin case on the low table.

"I didn't move my clothes to the closet in the master bedroom, so you could put your stuff first." She chuckled, knowing that her wardrobe style didn't take as much room as all her haute couture gown she used to wear when a Sith.

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Nathaniel eyed his bag and the couple modest boxes he'd brought out of storage from the barracks. He'd hardly need any space at all.

"Just grant me a few inches on the rack, and maybe half a drawer. I think that is all I will need," he said with a quick smile. "I have always needed to travel light... so I do not have much, as you can see."
        sigpic

Comment

"No problem. I traveled almost lighter than you when I moved to Bastion." Alienor said with a smile as she showed to Nate where he could put his stuff. She hadn't had anything that belonged to her before going to the Sith, and much of what had happened there remained there.

"I know I "nested" a bit when moving into this apartment." She had purchased most of the decoration items that gave the personal touch to the place.

She liked the place and it had been the first living accomodation she had truly considered her own, even while she had first shared it with Keir.

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

"You have a nice eye for design," the fighter pilot said. "I am glad that you had... nested."

The literal meaning of that in Basic was what made Nathaniel stumble over his words. He wasn't quite understanding how Alienor meant it, taking the definition too literally.

"It is a very nice place. Fortunate that Keir was able to help you get here, and then be such a good friend," he said.
            sigpic

Comment

"Thank you. It was weird to have a place of my own. And I'm glad that Keir didn't mind when I went on a decoration spree. And that he was fine moving out." Alienor explained with a suddenly shy smile. She excused herself while Nate put his stuff.

She went to her old room and began gathering her own things to put them in the closet of the master bedroom. "If I ever toss around too much at night, feel free to tell me to go sleep on the couch or whatever." She had never shared a bed with anyone before, but she knew that she could move a lot when having nightmares and she didn't want Nate to feel obligated to put up with her.

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

"Maybe we should have separate beds like those old holo films show. Single beds next to each other," Nate chuckled, though his eyes were serious. "Because I have a tendency to have nightmares too. And my cybernetic arm, I am told, is quite heavy to be smacked with by accident."

He smiled wanly because this was going to be new for them both, in many ways. Nathaniel had not shared a bed, or his life in this way, with anyone in several years. Not since he'd lost Dev. Living together was going to be an adjustment for them both.

Nate pointed to the closet. "Enough space for you, yes? I think you can fit a few more items in there."
                sigpic

Comment

Alienor thought about it for a moment. "Well, that's always an option we might explore in case sharing a bed proves to be a mess because of our nightmares tendencies." It felt weird to be discussing such things, but it was good they were comfortable enough to do this.

"I'm pretty sure I've been smacked by heavier than your cybernetic arm though." She remarked a little somberly. "We'll see how it goes, but if we had to go the single separate beds, there is enough room in this one."

She didn't take too long to put her stuff in the closet. "All good! I've been putting most of my money to other ventures than clothes." She chuckled. "Speaking of fashion... I was told I'm soon going to be sent off to a new mission where I'll need to look really different. Not sure what Intel has in mind."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Nate lifted a dark eyebrow.

"You would not cut it as a Toydarian. I know you are talented," he said, teasing her, "but you do not have the right body type. Tell Intel they are silly to even think it!"

He hoped she got his sense of humor!
                    sigpic

Comment

Alienor smirked and bended herself, trying to look more little and reaching out as if she had only three fingers instead of five in her hands. "You sure that if painted blue or green, I couldn't pass for one? Ah, I also miss the wings!"

Standing upright again with a grin, she winked to him. "I just know that I'll have to pull a bounty hunter or pirate kind of cover. That'll be interesting."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Alcine eyed his girlfriend thoughtfully, then flashed a grin.

"I could see that look about you. It comes from hanging around pirates enough," he said. "And since I am an ex-pirate, I would be happy to tutor you on how to be a good scoundrel."

He chuckled.
                        sigpic

Comment

"Glad that you think so. That's an act I never really pulled before." Alienor admitted with a chuckle. She had posed as several types of person, but scoundrel? That had never happened.

Finishing to hang her last clothing items, she glanced over her shoulder to her boyfriend. "Any advice would be appreciated. As you said, you'd an ex-pirate!"

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Nathaniel looked thoughtful. Granted he was no intelligence agent and could probably never pass for one; he simply wasn't intellectual enough for that, in his opinion.

"Do you know anything about this potential mission?" Nate asked. "Where you could be going? Or what groups you might be dealing with...?"
                            sigpic

Comment

"Very little for now. I know that it'll probably take me off world for a while. I'm glad to get this possibility but it'll be one heck of a stretch of what I normally do." She admitted, worrying a bit about it as she finished to put her stuff.

"Want something to eat? I kinda forgot to have breakfast this morning." She asked as she was about to head to the living area. "What about you? Are you on Bastion for a bit?"

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1