Crystals and Mysteries (Jack)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystals and Mysteries (Jack)

Sighing, the masked Acolyte continued to search the long deserted buildings that she was surrounded by, in search of her lightsaber crystal. Why it would be in a building rather than a cave was a mystery to her but that fact only pushed her on. Ashaiya had always relied on faith and the feel of the Force, sometimes to an extreme degree and despite her misgivings of returning to this particular world, she had come none the less. This would be her first test as a Dark Jedi and would also be the first time that she would take on her new persona, Tempest.

Just hearing the name Sarkhai made her hair stand up on edge and she had been on guard from the moment she had landed on the forest filled world. She had history here and not of the pleasant sort, memories of her last visit streaming through her mind. There was more here than just animals and the natives, there were dangers of a far more spiritual nature. Entities which could take over a person, spirits of the Force. Ashaiya knew that all too well, although in her case, this had been the planet where she had managed to defeat the spirit who had possessed her.

She had spent most of the day searching, following the trail that the Force was leading her on. The sixteen year old could almost hear it sing to her, it tugged at her senses, pulling her softly towards her goal. Ashaiya followed obediently although her sense of caution increased as time went by. She could sense the Dark Side faintly, as though it had once been a hub of Force activity although what these abandoned places used to be was beyond her. Her mind was set on finding what was hers and leaving, she was not in the mood to hang around, not on this world.

There was only one building left to search, the largest, which resided in the middle. It looked like an old academy or temple and Ashaiya spent a moment gazing at it, a frown forming on her face. It would take some time to search and any danger would likely be in there.

The doors were stiff and Ashaiya had to use a touch of Force power in order to open them, before entering and disappearing in to the darkness of the halls.

Thanks to Chrysothemis and Judah for the lovely signatures.

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Sarkhai!

The name that was on his list of planets to search for knowledge of the Sith Assassins. His searching for them had taken him here. Why, he wasn't certain of yet. Although he knew there were places they had retreated to after Revan's fall and after the fall of the Sith Triumvirate. Not all of them perished on Malachor V. There were those who'd fled before it's destruction and fled to the utmost remote places in the galaxy. Some built cults devoted to the Dark Side. Others however built shrines to honor those who'd begun the assassins. Either way, Jack was here to find that information wherever it may be hiding at.

Landing far enough away that it was a short walk there, the forest world was tainted with the Dark Side. Although faint the Sith Knight reached out with his senses but found nothing of danger or anything of the sort. If he had he was sure the Force would have notified him. Pacing toward the main building he'd start there first. As such he figured all the main knowledge would be placed there. If anything at all. Then again maybe it was a dead end search. But, he'd have to find out some way, right?

A ten minute walk and dressed in his usual colorful attire since this wasn't an assassination mission, the clown Knight walked up the steps casually. Whistling a random tune he looked at his chronometer and it was just turning mid afternoon. Good! He was making decent time. His new lightsaber at his side, blades up his sleeves attached to harnesses, the clown Sith Knight then traversed the stairs which were a lot of them. Looking at how many there were he then raised his eyebrow.

"Man! There are a lot of them! Why did these guys build a place with so many damn steps?" Jack said aloud to nobody, although it was aimed mostly at himself.

Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb...guess the black thoughts have come they've come to get me! Sweet caring words...unlike nothing I have heard...sing along mockingbird ya don't affect me!

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Thanks to Drake for this awesomeness!

Comment

The place was clearly some kind of training facility, a fact that became clearer and clearer to Ashaiya as she began to search the massive building. Although neglected and falling apart, she had been able to find various equipment used for training and had even come across a room filled with rusted droids. She knew all too well that the Dark Jedi would not use such a place, which left only one option, Sith. Only they would train with such well armed machines. The thought did not bother her a great deal, she was no longer one of them and the place had clearly been abandoned for a long time.

As she progressed deeper, the pull of the Force began to strengthen, her crystal was calling out to her and Ashaiya's pace began to quicken. It was almost as if the crystal was impatient for it to be found which puzzled the Acolyte to a degree. Although, considering the events she had witnessed in her short lifetime, nothing truly surprised her any longer. The extraordinary and uncanny were almost daily events for her and today would be yet another such event, with various twists and turns.

Her sense of caution began to rise too and more than once did a familiar face flash before her eyes. A female face which had haunted her nightmares more than once in the past. Ashaiya had been bonded to her, their minds and souls had become one and although the blue haired girl had finally managed to wrench herself free, the memories remained. Was this all just a trick? A way to bring her back to the scene of her greatest battle. She could not shift the thought from her mind and it began to plague her as she moved on.

"Focus Tempest, Focus," she muttered to herself grimly, before moving on.

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Comment

OOC: Some reason or another I'm listening to Artist vs. Poet version of 'Bad Romance' which Jack is going to be whistling and singing so just to warn ya

As he finally made his way up the steps, he then took a moment to rest himself before he opened the doors. Taking a few deep breaths the Sith Knight then rested his hands on his knees then wiped sweat from his brow. Bending over because he rested his hands on his knees he was then fine after those moments. Standing back up straight he then thought of something to play in his head. Finally walking to the door he then opened it and stepped inside.

It was lit but with only so much lighting. To which Jack then reached out with the Force for a moment sensing anything dangerous inside. Finding nothing, the clown then summoned the Dark Side pulling his aura into himself. Masking it with the power of the Force. Now that he was set he looked around raising his eyebrow a few times here and there. Seemed like a run down place that could have been a home to the assassins. Maybe!

Then the song popped into his head he heard a while back on the holo recordings of some artist to which he then whistled out loud. After a moment of walking through the halls seeing nothing of importance yet, the clown Knight then started to sing out loud. That was because he thought nobody but himself was in here.

"I want your horror...I want your design..." He said with his 'singing voice', "Cause your a criminal as long as your mine..."

He walked further inside singing louder this time, "I want your love and want your revenge you and me can write a bad romance! OH-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh caught in a bad romance! Rah-rah-ah-ah-ah-ah! Roma-roma-mamaa! Ga-ga-ooh-la-la! Want your bad romance!"

Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb...guess the black thoughts have come they've come to get me! Sweet caring words...unlike nothing I have heard...sing along mockingbird ya don't affect me!

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

The longer she remained, the more she despised the place. Her uneasiness was increasing even further and Ashaiya was beginning to feel anxious about the academy. It had not been helped by the fact she had opened one of the rooms to find a half starved Sand Panther in there, it had been easy to defeat and her Force Push had easily knocked it unconscious. She felt sorry for the beast and did not even want to know how long it had been there for. Was this someone's cruel idea of a joke?

She had just reached a staircase which would lead her in to catacombs when she heard the strangest thing. Someone was singing, badly and Ashaiya just shook her head, thinking it was her imagination. The blue haired girl was clearly losing it, she reasoned that no one would be stupid enough to sing in such a place, it would be asking for trouble. So, she kept moving quickly, as she made her way down the staircase. Feeling that her destination was near through the Force.

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Comment

Jack wondered if there was anything actually here! It was ticking him off that he couldn't find anything here. So, he stopped singing for a moment just to take a gander at his surroundings. Reaching out with the Dark Side, the clown Knight reached out into the halls, through the complex and found nobody here. Well, as far as he could tell anyways. Shrugging he then walked around and then towards a staircase. Not going down it yet he then took a look back and thought he might have sensed something maybe in one of the small rooms. Figuring they didn't have much in them he probably should find the archives or what have ya.

Then Jack slowly descended down the staircase. Using the Force the clown saw what his eyes could not, how many stairs there were! They started to wind down a lot of them! Which made him wonder what the frell was down there. How many stairs would he have to go down to get to the next floor? As he kept walking down he then picked up pace a little bit, just to see how long it would be before he reached the bottom.

"How many damn stairs are there?" Jack said aloud again thinking he was the only one here.

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

There was no denying the voice this time and Ashaiya increased her speed again The likelihood of it belonging to a Jedi or non sensitive was slim due to the Dark Side energy of the place. It left only one option and the blue haired girl sighed as she realised, running in to a Sith was not something she looked forward to nor wanted. The blue haired Acolyte held no fear of them but was not actually eager to meet her former allies. There was little in the way of an ego in her and she had no impulse to prove herself against her old friends.

At the end of the next hall, Ashaiya passed a statue of a young woman which caused her to stop. She could feel Dark Side energy all over it and she deduced that somehow it had something to do with her crystal. All she had to do was figure out the statue's purpose. Yet, time was short and she doubted she had time to do that. Which meant she had just one other option, she would have to meet this Sith and see what came of that.

She walked back in to the previous room, filled with dusty tomes and began to explore it, as though she was an archaeologist, attempting to unlock the secrets behind the academy.

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Comment

Walking down the trail of steps he finally reached the bottom ten minutes later. At times Jack wondered if there was even an end to them. When he finally did step onto the last one and reached the bottom he then sighed in relief. Now that was a trip! Standing there a few moments the clown Knight then rested himself for a moment or two. The clown knew he'd need his energy to explore every single part of it. If he wanted to gather more information on the Sith Assassins. So, when he finally had a moment to rest, Jack then walked down the hall passing statues as he looked up at them.

"These are quite marvelous. Nice use of the materials. Hmmm...might have one errected of myself sometime on Munto Codru." Jack said out loud, of course his ego coming to the surface.

Walking onward, the clown then looked around. Nothing of any sort called out to him. That was a little disappointing to him. Shrugging, Jack continued looking around trying to find something he could use or read perhaps. Or else take back with him. Either one would do. Passing more statues he then felt something pulsing. And it was pulsing alright!

The Dark Side evident in this place he figured it was just that. So, reaching out with his Senses the clown then felt it's pulse again! There it was! It was a statue! A statue! What the frell would a statue have such dark pulse in it? Shrugging he then stared at it for a moment. Wondering why this statue had such dark power within it.

"I wonder...." Jack said out loud again.

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

It seemed that the amulet she wore was doing its job as the Sith wondered straight past her without noticing her signature and towards the statue that she had just found. Ashaiya continued to delve in to the old tomes that lay around her but her attention was clearly on the figure. She was blocked from his view due to the immense amount of reading material but his aura was wide open to her, she knew exactly where he was. Yet, she did not reveal herself yet and allowed the Sith to ponder over the item.

A strange situation to be sure but the Acolyte did not allow herself to become overwhelmed by it. Those days had long since past and instead she was calm and quietly confident in herself. She could hear her crystal calling out to her still, its cry becoming clearer as time passed. Ashaiya could even hear her distinct feminine tone to it which took her by surprise. Since when did crystals have a gender? What was going on here? It did not make complete sense and she continued to ponder, her attention focused on both the book in her hand and the figure close by.

Ashaiya's Theme Song

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  G-NF0GT8SKB1