Brothers In Arms [Open]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers In Arms [Open]

Now that Basic was over, Jezekel was doing her best to adapt to the new lifestyle. Scheduled classes and then PT in the morning and evening offered little free time, but she did enjoy it when the opportunity arose. Stormtroopers being housed in a private dorm from the regular Army, she got to know those that she may be fighting alongside at some point. Arrangements for sleeping were typically four to a cell, two bunks on either side of the room with two desks completing the three walls, the fourth being two lockers on either side of the entrance. Gathering up her laundry in the provided, dark grey bag, she shouldered it and headed out.

Banter back and forth seeped out from all the cells, card games, comments about girlfriends back home, talk about weapons training and a host of other topics filled the air as she walked by, heading to the laundry room.

"Kel," one of the male privates called as she approached. "You're from Dantooine, right?"

"No, Gargon."

"Yeah, that's close," another joked.

"Dude, shut up," he replied amid a host of chuckles. "Just curious," he shrugged.

"What made you think Dantooine?"

Brown eyes glanced into the cell across from his, as he motioned. "That's where Fisk said you were from."

"No," she chuckled. "In fact, I don't think any Mandalorians are from there." She noted his embarrassment and continued on, eventually making her way to the laundry and noted several others in here. Some seated atop a dryer, reading while others sat on the floor, against the wall with their headsets in, eyes closed. Finding an empty washer, she began separating and then started the machine.
    sigpic

Thanks Satkia

"Don't you have maids to do this for you?" Syrenia stared with a stoic expression to the guy who was trying to get under her skin again. Credan didn't get things into his thick head easily. Most people shut up even if they were surprised to see the heiress be on base, at least a good part of the time she spent on Bastion.

"At least, I can clean dishes." She retorted as she put her laundry into the empty washer. The others present were watching with curiosity and the Lieutenant knew that fueling the argument wasn't the way to go but there was no bloody way she was going to be a doormat.

"Men don't clean dishes." Syrenia got to her feet and walked up to the annoying Cadet. "So you mean, you can wipe the floor instead? I'm sure this can be arranged."

Comment

The next thing that the cadet would feel was a firm grip on his shoulder. Before he could react in any meaningful way, Forse had thrown him to the ground flat on his back, the breath knocked forcibly from his lungs. As the man lay gasping, Captain Forse Dirum stood over him, his boot on his chest.

"You're a stormtrooper, kid. You either pull your own weight or you can go back to the regular army and spend the rest of your days as the designated boot polisher. You better not ever let me hear you say something so ignorant ever again." Forse says to the cadet on the ground.

"Am I clear, cadet?" Forse says, applying more pressure on his boot.

The man attempted to squeak out a reply.

"I didn't hear you." Forse says, raising his boot as if to stomp the man's chest in.

"Y-Y-YES! YES SIR!" The man cries out, his voice cracking as he did so.

"Good." Forse says, turning to Syrenia.

"It's the simple things, Lieutenant. The little here and there perks of the job that keep me going." Forse says with a smile, giving her a playful slap on the shoulder as he moves through the barracks, preparing to inspect them.

Stormtroopers were expected to be more than soldiers. They were the face of the Imperial ideal, and if they weren't willing to do any task, no matter how small, for the good of the Empire, then they were better off digging ditches in the Outer Rim.

Battle Theme

"The Republic," he toasted, turning a few curious heads up and down the bar. "May they choke on vomit and die." - Captain Sin'd Tjer

Sig by Satkia Wayne

Comment

Turning, the cadet recognized not only the troublemaker, but also the officer that he was speaking to and though Jezekel didn't know her relationship to the empress, she did understand what was going on. She didn't think the comment was all that bad, apparently the other two felt differently. The speed at which the cadet was planted on the floor, the echo of his breath leaving his lungs and the following boot now on his chest, brought the Mandalorian home. She had seen this many times before, but never in the barracks. First time for everything, she mused.

Picking himself up off the floor, the cadet made it a point to exit the laundry room after the other officer. Hopefully not to make things worse.

Her eyes met those of the lieutenant and instead of inputting her own opinion, she only nodded respectfully.
        sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Syrenia wouldn't have smashed the cadet herself, at least not before he'd have opened his mouth one more time, which he would have probably have. This guy was an idiot with no respect for women, thinking himself higher than everybody else.

When Forse stepped in and clarified a few things to the Cadet, she knew that he'd had done this for anyone else in her position. The now Captain was a man who kept a tight grip on people when they got out of line.

She grinned to him and bowed her head as he passed by. "Thanks, Captain." She commonly called him Forse but given the people around them, she used his rank when addressing him.

She returned to set the washer for her laundry and looked at the woman she had recently helped recruiting. "Hey, Jezekel. How have you been doing?"

Comment

Forse looked over to the woman Syrenia had addressed. He then looked beyond them to her section of the barracks. It wasn't arranged in the typical Imperial style, but Forse could tell by it's organization that she knew what she was doing, even if she wasn't doing it by the book. Forse made his way to her bed, and noticed how the sheets were arranged. It was subtle, but Forse was able to pick it out. Only one man kept his quarters in such a way. The man who had been the one to train Forse on how to be a stormtrooper. A Mandalorian named Hess.

Forse waited on her to answer Syrenia, and asked a question of his own.

"You're a cadet, right? I saw your quarters. Do you have any combat experience outside of the Empire? I'm curious." Forse asked. He wasn't being suspicious. But if he could grab up a recruit with prior combat experience outside the Empire, he'd be able to use her for operations he couldn't use a fresh stormtrooper for. Asymmetrical warfare was Forse's speciality.

Battle Theme

"The Republic," he toasted, turning a few curious heads up and down the bar. "May they choke on vomit and die." - Captain Sin'd Tjer

Sig by Satkia Wayne

Comment

"Good, ma'am," she grinned lightly knowing it was only proper to be respectful to officers, even when off duty. "Now that Basic is over, just getting ready to be assigned to my first unit. Anxious actually," her grin grew wider. "Been waiting for this for a long time."

Noticing the other officer return to the laundry room, she turned to face him, keeping both officers in her sights. "Yes, sir, I am." His query one that didn't take long to answer. "No sir, but my clan trained us all in melee weapons since I was very young. I've competed in the arena at least once a week, but I had never held a blaster until I came here. We typically used older firearms for hunting."
              sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Syrenia leaned against a nearby wall as her laundry was being washed. The new cadet had seemed very promising when she had helped taking care of her recruitment. "I'm sure you'll do well. For what I heard, your Basic training went well." She was taking time to watch over some people and stay on top of what was going on. There were only twenty four hours in a day, but very much like Forse, she tried to keep eyes and ears on people who served in the Army.

She grinned when Jezekel answered Forse's question. "Based on her interview and Basic results, I think this Cadet would make a good addition for Operation Droga." Forse and her were soon to go on another assignment, but they were still finalizing the team. She believed Jezekel might do just well and it'd give her some ground experience with the Imperial Army.

Comment

"That sounds like a plan to me. The more cadets we get into combat the better. Every trooper should be in the thick of it as often as they can be." Forse says to Syrenia.

He turns to Jezekel.

"You'll be hearing from someone regarding details for the operation. Prepare yourself in the meantime. Operations that this one partakes in usually don't involve a whole lot of back up." Forse says, gesturing to Syrenia.

He checks his chrono.

"You'll have to excuse me. I've got to go terrorize another set of barracks." Forse says, giving them a nod as he made his way out of the barracks. Forse was busier than he used to be, but he enjoyed the work.

Battle Theme

Sig by Satkia Wayne

Comment

Hazel eyes glanced back to the female lieutenant, "Thank you, ma'am. I achieved Marksman and they've slated me to be a sniper," proud of the distinction, she also knew that it meant she would be hiding typically, instead of being in the thick of the fighting. That didn't seem like the Mandalorian way.

Her gaze returned to the male officer as she lit up with the thought of a side mission. "Can't wait, thank you, sir." Opportunities for glory seemed to be coming to her, she mused with excitement.
                    sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    G-NF0GT8SKB1