A Bold Plan [Akilah]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Bold Plan [Akilah]

It had been two weeks since the tragic mission Sebarek had worked on with Akilah. Since their return to Bastion, he had tried to find people to look after the little girl fo the deceased politician and his late wife. No one had been found save for a few distant relatives who had no interest in becoming the child's legal guardian. It had angered him a lot.

During this time, he had also visited the foster center she had been placed in. He did this almost every day. It was during one of these visits that he had come to a decision. He knew it was a serious and bold one. He didn't even know whether he woudl succeed, but he had to try.

That was why he stopped by Akilah's office on this day. He knocked on the door, hoping that she'd have time to see him.

Having gotten back to work since their last trip, Akilah was nearly buried in forms and other missions going on with the department that she had been given supervision over. The teams all worked tirelessly to keep on top of the host of things going on across Imperial space as well as places that they were keeping on top of. The New Republican agents were also keeping them busy, counter espionage efforts from both ends had made more of a mess of this war than some of the major battles being fought between the two militaries.

The knock on her door broke her concentration on the latest reports from Telos as Akilah looked up from the hovering files and holopics over her desk. "Come," she called, turning off the projectors which receded back into the desk. Seeing Sebarek prompted her to straighten more. "Well, hello there. How're you feeling? Getting around well, I see."
    sigpic

Comment

When Akilah saw him and invited him in her office, Sebarek did as such. "Hello yourself. I see you're buried into paperwork and mission stuff." He had been busy as well, having refused to take more than a few days off after his injury. He did feel recovered though. "I'm okay. Been working on catching up with reports and might have a couple missions happen soon. The usual."

He took a seat across her desk. "I need your help, both as my friend and as my superior." He admitted a little bluntly, not really sure how to approach it.

Comment

"Yeah, this mountain never ends," she grinned and motioned to a chair across from her. His interest in having her help out with something only intrigued the Senior Operative as she leaned forward on her desk, knitting her fingers together.

"What did you need?" Though she did her best not to appear that she had any favorites in their office, she had worked with Sebarek more than most since having joined Imperial Intelligence.
        sigpic

Comment

"This is why we call it a chain of moutains, Sweet Goddess of War." He teased, using the nickname she had threatened to strangle him for a few times. Regardless of research and field work, it felt as if Intelligence tasks always included more paperwork!

"I am preparing my application to legally adopt the little Yoko, and I'll need people vouching for me." While he was playful and witty in nature, he was dead serious as he answered the brunette's question.

Comment

Closing her eyes, she sighed at the nickname that some other higher ranked agents in the office had been using to reference her, though typically privately and not to her face. Though she enjoyed the banter, Akilah actually didn't mind the moniker.

Once he revealed his reason behind visiting her this morning, Akilah became very interested. "I think that's great, actually. The only problem is, you may not be around her much while she's growing up," she shrugged, knowing that he had probably already thought about that. "I know she's been through a lot, but yeah, if you need someone to sign off on that, I'm here. Absolutely." Still feeling bad for losing the couple during their flight from that mission, Akilah began this could be one good way to make up for it.
            sigpic

Comment

Sebarek hadn't known how Akilah would react to his idea, knowing that many might just think he had lost his mind. When she reacted positively, his stance relaxed a little. "Thanks. I know that it's kind of a crazy idea, but I know this is the right thing to do, that I want to give a home to this little girl."

He nodded to what she said about him not being around so much. "I am willing to switch to a more desk bound assignment for the upcoming months, if needed. So, she can transition a bit more easily, if this is possible."

He was ambitious even if it wasn't something he threw into people' faces too much. Yet, family came first. "Thanks bunches for vouching for me." He produced a holo disc and slid it towards her. "You'll find all my application on it, including the form I'll need you to fill to support it."

Comment

"With your recent injuries in the last mission, that's actually an easy one to fix," she stated and tapped into her private server and called up a form to assign Sebarek for desk duty in the office for six months, having enough time to not only fully heal, but also be enough time to help Yoko get acclimated to her new life. Once the form was done, she sent it to his direct supervisor and then took the disc that he slid across the desk to her.

Plugging it into the desk, she opened up the file and accessed the form for her to sign. Taking out her stylus, Akilah then filled out her full name and then saved the addition. Removing the disc, she then handed it back to Sebarek. "How's she doing, by the way? I haven't had a chance to check in on her recently."
                sigpic

Comment

"I'll guess I be poster boy and look good and eavesdrop on people at social events. I'm amazing like this." Sebarek laughed, knowing that he had been paid to do that quite a few times in his life. "Thanks." He added as he watched her take care of a new assignment for him.

He took the disk once she had taken care of everything. "Thank you so much. It means a lot." He put the disc back into his inside pocket. "She is in good physical condition. She has nightmares but she eats and isn't totally withdrawn. I speak with the lady looking after her at the children center, every time I visit. She will need time to be completely fine again, but the child therapist thinks that things could have been much worse. They believe that the fact she was unconscious when her parents died was a blessing in disguise."

Comment

Leaning in on her crossed arms, she couldn't agree more about that night when their mission went south. "Yeah, I can't imagine what that would be like." She grinned knowing that Sebarek had a lot of experience with girls in the house, having four sisters of his own. "Though I think she'll adjust well enough around you. Good luck with that, by the way. I'll have to start doing some shopping," her eyes drifted across the desk. "I have a niece to spoil now..."
                    sigpic

Comment

"I know it won't bring Yoko's parents back but... For what it's worth, I'm grateful we were in this mess together, that I wasn't on my own back there." Sebarek rarely admitted such things, but Akilah was family to him so he felt comfortable enough to say that.

"I bet my family won't be surprised I have a daughter now. My sisters always joked how I'd be the first to have a kid. I didn't imagine it like that." He grinned to what his friend and colleague said next. "It's a mighty honor to have the sweet Goddess of War as auntie!"

Comment

The joy waned as the nickname flew out again, closing her eyes as her head sunk, then raised again quickly. "Don't call me that in front of her," she pointed at him, joking. "That's the last thing I need her to hear." It was bad enough to hear it from whispers in the office.

"So, basically what you're saying is, you don't want me to spoil her?"
                        sigpic

Comment

"If one day you meet my sisters, maybe you'll ask them to call you like this." Sebarek teased with a fond smile. "You'll be auntie Akilah to her, is that alright?" He inquired with a quizzical look.

"Of course, I don't want you to spoil her!" He couldn't keep a straight face and laughed at once. "While the paperwork is finalized, I'm going to move to a house in the suburbs of Ravelin. I'd like her to have a real home."

Comment

"Sure, that's fine," she smiled and then enjoyed his plan for their future. Having a home was something that had never crossed Akilah's mind since joining the Imperial Intelligence Bureau. Having that on one's resume didn't necessarily assure a long career, so she remained in the apartment that they had provided and left it at that.

"Did they say how long that would take?" Having never been involved in that process, she was ignorant of all the background checks and other red tape that was involved.
                            sigpic

Comment

"I can't believe I'm planning to buy a house. I've not lived in one since growing up on Lorrd." He had left home for a dozen years but getting a home like this had never really crossed his mind until Yoko coming into his life.

"Between a week and two months from today. Given the special circumstances and my profile, it might go smoothly. This was also why I reached out for you to vouch for me. I know that my own relatives supporting me, even though nobility, might not weight as much since they're not imperials."

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1