Dealing With Warnings [Saryl]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing With Warnings [Saryl]

Following the suspicious parcel she had received at her office at the Facility, thus from someone aware of her work with the Imperial Bureau of Intelligence, Alienor hadn't done anything more about it, besides the analysis that had been run upon reception of said parcel.

The Operative wished to confer with her superior, Director Saryl, about this, for she didn't mean to cause ruckus, especially as she had little to no proof. Yet, she knew in her guts that this parcel was just a first warning.

She was returning from more training in the morning and had barely grabbed a sandwich and a caf, as she reached the level where the Director was to meet with her. She had said little of the matter that brought her, but knew that Saryl might know certain things already.

sigs by Santeria and me

It had been a particularly tiring morning as Saryl had just gotten back from an op on Raltiir. It was a weird one as a banking magnate was asking questions that he shouldn't have. Orders were to find out what the man knew and address the situation appropriately. That meant generally that he was supposed to take out the target, but this banker was a family man and on top of that didn't know anything about their interests. So he improvised. It was a conversation for another time and another clearance level though. Walking the upper hallway of the hub, the Director did indeed receive the message from Na'Varro, however they would not meet where she wanted. If she was sending him a message like this that meant there was an issue that deserved little attention from outside eyes until she had his help assessing the issue. So when he walked up on her, he kept walking. You ready for your training to continue? As he continued down the hall and made his way to a speeder launch port the director climbed into his own, there was an open seat for her.

When they were off and well away from prying ears, he turned to her. Now that we can speak...

Comment

Given the situation, Alienor was when director Saryl didn't stop where they were supposed to meet. Right on cue, she walked by his side. "Of course, I am." She didn't know whether he meant it or whether it was a way to go speak elsewhere. One way or the other, it suited her. It was due to how she always prefered speaking away from prying ears. It just was in her nature, even prior to her time with the Sith or the Imperials.

She took the open seat in his speeder without a question. As they left and he talked again, she nodded. "Better this way." She simply said for a moment, before carrying on. "I am too early to form conclusions, but it is probable one Moff and a Senior Operative are set on seeing me be discarded due to my Sithly past." She had done more research and cross referenced certain things, on her own, not using imperial facility equipment, which was why she had got more work done in comparison to when she had first received the parcel.

"I didn't wish to investigate further before speaking to you."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Not going to happen. He didn't allow himself attachments, it made things easier when he had to make a tough call. That being said he was the girl's S.O. and when he does have to commit to something its done. The issue was a big one, after all it's not every day that a Moff, let alone a Senior Operative want to take out a lower level agent. Regardless of her history, regardless of where she came from, she was one who he could personally vouch and the thought that someone would try to take that away wasn't going to happen.

Any leads? Names?

Comment

"I received a parcel that wasn't dangerous in itself but that was suspicious in how its content made no sense at first. Once I went through it, I found a warning message embeded in a cryptic way if one looked correctly." Alienor was very calm about it, for she had seen her life threatened a few times. She had always made it through in the end, but she didn't want this personal vendetta risking compromising other people who had nothing to do with it.

"I know that Moff Karadoc has been on our watch list for the last months because of his anti-Sith ideas. He is Senior Operative Gronski's brother-in-law and I was told straight to my face by this Senior Operative that I didn't belong to the Empire, due to my past, since he was high enough in the hierarchy to have access to my complete file."

She wasn't one to be too paranoid, but she knew when her guts spoke and to listen to them. "The preliminary results of the analysis of content from the parcel were vague but further ones led to believe that the parcel was gathered in one of the Moff's favored place of gathering."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

As he sat there, the airspeeder set in "hover", Saryl processed what she told him. It made sense that there were still some who believed in the "Anti-Force" sentiment, it hasn't been that long that the Empire had a symbiosis with the Sith. Personally he didn't like the idea of it either but he was also one who believed that you were not defined by your past but by your present. That was why he took Na'Varro under his wing, sure, she was a clone of a member of a family of Force Users but she had ideals and beliefs and an identity her own. Which was why he didn't hold her past against her, and why he was holding one thought about what he should do. Then that is where we are heading. Pull up his haunts, known associates, and personnel. He activated the computer panel on the speeder as he set things in motion.

Comment

Alienor still didn't know what to think of the alliance with the Sith. She had come to the Empire partly to escape them and limit her dealings with them, especially certain individuals. One of her closest friends was a Sith and she had good relations with a few of them, but she was imperial at heart. She had found her home here.

"Thank you, sir." She said with a respectful nod. She had done her research on the situation. "There are two restaurants, the Sideral and the Orkanas' Fate, as well as the Pecharan Club where both as regular patrons. The last two have been on the watch list for the past months for several reasons. The Special Operative is rarely at his place, especially since his divorce was finalized."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Hitting the gas and dropping into traffic he followed general routes and procedures that hid them from prying eyes, not to mention he was using his knowledge of protocols to his advantage. No worries. If the eyes of others are too closed to see your loyalties then we will open them. Turning down a lane that was full of deliver vehicles and loud interrupting noises. It sounds like the next phase of your training is about to begin. The part where you learn to put conflicts aside, take emotions out of play and complete your objective. If you're ready, tell me where to take us to.

Comment

Alienor nodded, knowing that regardless of what happened, she felt and was imperial. That was also why only a very few people knew about her work with the intelligence bureau, outside of her direct hierarchy. To most, she was simply a musician, and this public image served her well too.

"Training shifts to new stages in complicated times." She mused, her mind briefly going back to other times. "I am ready." She said seriously, knowing that they had to find out what was going on. "Going to the Sideral should be our best choice. It hasn't been put on the watch list yet, so given the recent development, more shall be found there."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Then that is where we are headed. Setting course he fell into traffic and hit the "camouflage" button. There wasn't much of a change to it, just enough so that the sleek "military" look was more dirty, worn and "used". No, this wasn't to hide, but to not stick out. Slowly but surely they reached the destination and there was the matter of setting down. Doing so a few blocks away was prudent, they couldn't draw attention to this. You ready to show the type of person you really are?

Comment

Alienor realized that she was unsure of how they were to proceed, so she preferred discussing it before they arrived, as otherwise would have been weird and unprofessional. "Are we just to blend it first? I mean, I don't think that barging in is much on the menu."

When he then asked her whether she was ready, she nodded. "I think it's the first time I'm asked whether I'm ready for anything life's throwing at me. That's a luxury so yes, I am ready."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Well, this is a part of your training so asking me isn't going to work. He offered a tiny smirk. She wasn't wrong in her approach at all, but there were ways around through, over and under obstacles. Let's talk about the plan right now. Barging in isn't always smart, but think about it this way. Do you like being watched? Someone looking constantly over your shoulder? Going on there bluntly doesn't seem smart and often isn't but it plants a seed in a person's head and they start making mistakes. Leaning back a little more, he just watched the door. Blending in, is stealthy and if done well can offer deniability, but if we're caught... we're section 11. After all, these are high level Imperials.

Section 11- Disavowed by Imperial Intelligence

Comment

"Fair enough." Alienor smirked. What Saryl said about the plan gave her an idea. "Then I think I know how to approach it so it's both barging in and yet a tad more subtle." She paused for a brief moment before explaining what was on her mind.

"The Sideral is rather upper scale so it is the perfect place for a famous musician to go have lunch. After all, the artistic director of the Chopin Institute praises it herself." So it would make sense for her to use her public persona and thus not draw suspicions, save for those close to the ones who wanted her out.

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

He liked her idea, it was what he would choose if he was in her position and it also allowed her to use some of her natural and outside resources to get things going. This was her life after all, why not let her handle this and teach her at the same time. He knew what he could do to help her, he could let her distract those intended while he went through what they were looking for but she knew better on the intimate details. He could watch from afar and use his security clearance to help her through an earpiece, but this was her cover. He could leave her out in the cold, but that wasn't going to happen either way. You have your plan, what do you need from me?

Comment

Alienor's mind was working quickly and she knew that all her recent training and experience in the past year were paying off, besides the skills she had learned prior to joining the Imperial Intelligence Bureau. There was still a lot more to learn but it was what made life interesting.

"I'll be the one catching attention, so this should allow you to find more about what is going on there, in a more discreet manner. I don't think this surprise you." She said as she thought a bit more. "If you need me to drag on things longer or to distract a specific person, I'll be able to do that if you let me know via earbud." She knew that she had a keen sense of observation but she might not be following each of his steps, especially in such a large place and with being stuck at a table for the most time.

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1