Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusk. (Open)

OOC: Occurs after this thread.

While it was not a plan in the works, or some strange insight into the future, Mr. Tyler really did buy the property in Bastion that he had almost made fun of the last time he was on the planet. It had been years since he had been here but that didn't matter as he was here. While things went "in a specific manner" they worked out the way that they did and here he was. "He was..." interesting thought really but it was fair to say because he wouldn't ask any of his lieutenants or employees of his to follow. This was their decision to make, Naboo, Corellia, Telos, all of these facilities in both divisions were dissolved, the employees were given handsome severance packages and personal invitations to come with him to start life anew. It's not that he wanted to come back, frankly he meant it when he told Ghemenaux, Saria, whoever would ask that he left the Empire for a reason. He did so the right way though and thanks to their being no burned bridges he could come back.

So here he was, rebuilding with one of what was going to be many new facilities that will bring in money for the new technology in his head. He had promises to keep, promises that he really wasn't prepared for wanting to make but he was a man of his word and if it meant playing the game for a little while and that was what was going to happen. What would happen through in the future would be on his terms, no, he wouldn't try anything that wasn't going to work anywhere else, but he has had the successes he had because he was never one to accept the wishes of someone else as his own. That is why he was standing outside the construction zone personally watching the facility come together quite fast.

Of course there were onlookers, those who would wonder what was being built, and those who believed that they knew, none of them did, that was the fun part of this.

Having been given the file on the newly transplanted businessman, Denoel knew already she would be dealing with someone that had been born with a silver spoon in his hand. One of those men that she had enjoyed stealing from during her years as a pirate, plying the lanes for Vaago. But, she was now a reputable government official in the service of the empress. My, how times had changed, she mused as the sleek, black speeder pulled off to the curb and stopped. The construction site had been all the buzz lately and now that she could see the massive construction equipment in action, brown eyes took in the scene as the driver made his way around to her door and opened it.

Stepping out, the shapely brunette focused on the subject of today as her million credit smile had already won her large contracts for the Imperial military and this visit was another one for the cause. Heels clacked off of the permacrete sidewalk as she neared the suited billionaire, admiring his newest project.

"Impressive," she commended. "Glad you've decided to join us here on Bastion, Mister Tyler." As he turned, she flashed him pearly whites. "Denoel Quane, Imperial government. Was hoping you might have a moment."
    Last edited by Denoel Quane; 12-09-2014, 07:39 AM.
    sigpic

Thanks Alen Wiki

Comment

Here we go... It wasn't unexpected, in fact it was surprising that someone wasn't here sooner. He didn't know her by name but he knew the woman by face. This was a conversation for another time, so that didn't really matter now. As he stood there and was looking over the plans with the foremen he let her come up close and flash the smile before he turned to her. The former Army Major knew that a representative would arrive soon, in fact he knew what she would arrive for, he didn't know that she was... well. While she was polite and respectful, like a good politician should be, he was busy and multi-tasking, after all he was building several facilities at once, though only at one of them.

What can I do for the Imperial government that I couldn't do when I landed? I'm curious.
      Last edited by J. T. Tyler; 12-04-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

She had been warned about his arrogance and though she had dealt with senators and lawyers now for over two years, Denoel never got used to that type of personality. "I work primarily with military contractors and I was told that you also had some background in that field. With the contacts that you've brought with you, I was hoping we could talk." The war with the New Republic had taken it's toll on logistics and she had to start plugging some gaps quickly.

Machinery and occasional yelling in the background didn't make this for the best location for such a discussion, but he was a hard man to get a hold of.
        sigpic

Thanks Alen Wiki

Comment

Arrogant? You'd better believe that Johnathan Torval "JT" Tyler was, he earned it. One thing that he was not though was stupid, not that he was claiming that, or really caring if she looked at him that way. He knew why she was here, she was here in the same fashion that the Republic did when he began opening his facilities on their worlds. Chuckling at the memory, he remembered how he actually rated a high level Senator back then, now he gets a glorified marketing rep. In short, what you want is for me to swear my allegiance solely to the Empire. Putting the datapad down to his hip as he gave her the acknowledgement that she did deserve, he quipped. My days as a soldier are over. I served loyally, faithfully. I'm a businessman now, and I go where the money is. You need military contractors, you have Ghemeneaux Industries. I'm in energy and tech.

Comment

Nodding, she grinned wryly and did her best to keep this meeting amicable knowing that getting on his bad side the minute they met wasn't going to serve her today. "Actually your areas of expertise is exactly what I'm referring to. New energy systems and technology is where civilizations go to advance. And not only for the military." Serving one was in essence serving both as it had since the beginning of time, for all she knew.

Outposts and bases needed to upgrade to keep ahead of their enemy and it started with the very things that he was involved in.
            sigpic

Thanks Alen Wiki

Comment

Ah, I see. What exactly of my technologies that I offer are you interested in? Some of the loaders were floating overhead, if she looked up she would be able to answer one almost immediately if she knew what she was looking for. Of course this wasn't to be rude, any more rude than he had been anyway, he just wanted to see how boned up on the job she was.

After all, let's face it. Up until not that long ago, I wasn't anything more than a distant memory in Imperial minds, and those who knew me are long gone by now. He then pulled his datapad up to his face again. I only landed a few hours ago, and when the news broke, not a lot of my background was released.

Comment

Intel kept great records and she knew a lot about him already, but not everything and wasn't needing any of that now as she had other ways of getting information that hadn't failed her before. "Some of our planners have been working on ideas for power systems for bases and outposts that are more difficult to detect with DER's. But, they've hit a snag and I was hoping your developers and researchers might be able to help out with that." Brown eyes glanced to the present project again, "No doubt with a new locale for your headquarters, having a lot more contacts in the right places could only benefit you later."

Growing up in a business family had given her some insights into how to establish one's self in the community and more advertising was gained by word of mouth and knowing the right people. Especially those in government.
                sigpic

Thanks Alen Wiki

Comment

She may have had a checkered past, not that he knew this, but he could tell her that she would definitely have a future in politics with the way she just dodged his question completely. What she did say sounded truthful though, but it wasn't really his company's expertise that she was looking for. So he momentarily went back to his datapad as she assumed that the facility being constructed was going to be his company's headquarters. Little correction, this is going to be a hospitality facility, restaurant slash entertainment complex. I'll send you an invitation to the grand opening if you wish. No, my company's headquarters is on a non-aligned world.

Then finally looking back up at her he quipped. As for your comment that I need people like you in my corner, I'll grant you that contacts are never a bad thing. However I'm not a struggling small businessman. Now, down to business. If you're looking for my help, make your proposal.

Comment

He had his options open which also meant a possible doorway to the enemy's moves with his company also, something that Intel would no doubt like to exploit should the need or opportunity arise. Not that she would want to get into the middle of that. The building they were standing before wasn't the one she was referring to, but no matter. He wanted to remain in control and keep her on the defensive, which was what predatory businessmen did and how they made their money. She couldn't fault him for being that savvy, or clever. In fact, she had a lot to learn from him.

"I have a lot of allies with the Imperial government as well as with the military, which means avenues for more business in areas that you may not have access to. Being non-aligned. Scratch my back, I got yours." Never learning how to paint things with flowery words, Denoel only knew how to be honest about what she wanted and what she could offer. Nothing was ever sugar coated while being a pirate either. There wasn't time.
                    sigpic

Thanks Alen Wiki

Comment

There it was, she wanted her hooks in him, or so she wanted to lay it on the table as such. So he would let it go for the moment and let her do her job. This was some kind of play on her part, or a message from the government that he was on their watch-list, though that was denied, he already knew he was being watched as it was Imperial protocol. He also knew this because he would be getting a visit soon enough from Saria. Without so much a word, he began walking inside the office building next door, while nothing had changed on the outside, the inside wasn't drab anymore, in fact it was state of the art. He kept walking, expecting her to walk alongside until they reached one of the conference rooms.

My facilities in the field of tech innovation will remain off-world if you are looking for information. My hospitality division is coming in and I've already received all permits. So I don't really need my back scratched in that regard. Now, I came back to Bastion for a reason and am open to doing business with the Empire. So how about we get to the details and I'll get my lawyers to draw some contracts up?

Comment

Following him into the nearby building, Denoel took in the interior and noted the "spared no expense" vibe that she received off of the walls and floors and having been a part of the Imperial government now for several years, she had seen and gotten used to this sort of display. It certainly fit his personality and reputation. Entering the conference room, she took in the large table, high backed leather chairs and holoprojector in the center, then her attention returned to him as he spoke once more.

"Sounds good, I appreciate your help in this endeavor. As does the empress." Something told her that he had already met the sovereign and was building a rapport with her as well.
                        sigpic

Thanks Alen Wiki

Comment

I had't agreed to anything yet. The smirk wasn't meant to be rude or anything but truthful, he wasn't looking to play her but he wasn't just going to accept anything. Good business was weighing one's options and searching out the best deal in the situation, they don't even have an initial offer on the table yet. Now, I'm willing to look into what your asking for but understand, it all comes down to the money for me, nothing more.

Comment

She didn't have a problem with that either as he mentioned not being contactually obligated to anything, neither was she. Though price was going to hinge on what he could offer with the R&D aspect as well as manufacturing. Denoel began laying out the specs that the government wanted to achieve, showing him the data pad and the file that she had been given.

"This is what we need, so we can talk a figure and I'll try and get it approved." Taking a seat finally, she made herself as relaxed as possible given the situation.
                            sigpic

Thanks Alen Wiki

Comment

Pulling up the information from her datapad from the console he was working on without touching the pad he brought up a different kind of holographic display in the middle of the room. What was unique about it was that it was interactive, he began reaching into the air and moving around the schematics, then plugged in a few items of his own. One of them was a powersource he had recently made public at a conference. That covered the buildings that she was bringing up, he wasn't going to offer anything in regards to the detection equipment yet. The rest was other items in his inventory, he was more curious now than showing off. Once he was done, he ran the math and had the computer bring up the improvements his offerings made compared to their original plans. Sitting down and grabbing a piece of paper he wrote something down and slide it across the table. It was obviously a number and what he was looking for, it was also crazy lavish.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1