Glimpse of Yesterday [James]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glimpse of Yesterday [James]

This evening's recital at the Chopin Institute had been another formidable success. Alienor had premiered a new piano solo right after the intermission and the new program the ensemble was playing seemed to be one of the audience's favorites. The young blonde was ecstatic about how well received this had been!

After the end of the performance, she had gone to refresh for this evening was special as a cocktail was hosted by the Institute. As one of the star performers, she had to attend, which she was going to do.

Joining everyone, she accepted a flute of champagne and was approached by some of the patrons who wished to compliment her for her music and talent.

sigs by Santeria and me

Now that the Galactic Empire and the Sith were allied against both the NR and the Jedi it was evident that the Council member be on Bastion. It was here he would mingle with those of the Empire and meet and greet his allies in arms. Although wary of them all because they hated Force users, their alliance would be temporary. Still, didn't mean he didn't like to attend recitals and the like. In fact he did so on Naboo at least every few months. Gave him a reason to be on Naboo now that Milara had left him.

He found himself in the Chopin institute where they had a recital by one of their own. Seeing that it was Alienor Na'Varro, James had to attend. So, disguising himself with Force Illusion, he made himself appear as he would without the burns and scars. If only to make people less fearful of him. Walking to the near front where he manipulated his way there with the Dark Side, he was sitting front row seeing the whole performance.

When it ended there was a cocktail social happening. James figured it was then time to speak with his former comrade as a Sith. Although he knew she'd left he didn't blame her. It just wasn't who she was. Nothing wrong with finding a new purpose in life. She had her music, and, she wasn't a Force user. As James made his way to the bar where Alienor was, he took a flute of champagne and gathered around those who were speaking with the musician.

"A wonderous performance, Miss Na'Varro." James said aloud to her although still disguised as his normal self although he didn't think she'd recognize his deep voice enough.

James' Theme Music

Comment

When she heard someone compliment her in a deep voice, Alienor stopped on her tracks. While she had left the Force behind her, she was still a very observant person and as a musician, she had a stellar hearing memory.

She turned on her heels and faced the man who had spoken. He didn't look familiar but she didn't understimate the power of illusions. She offered a curtsey. "Thank you very much." She placed her flute in her left hand and offered her right.

"If my ears don't mistake me, it has been a very long time, Master Icarus." She was still apprehensive at the thought of stumbling into certain former fellow Sith, but with the alliance between both Sith and Imperials, she didn't feel threatened as she used to.

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

James took her right hand keeping his glass in his left, "I see you recognize me still, Alienor. Can't put nothing past a musician such as yourself."

Taking a sip he then revealed himself in his full form to her. All the others in the area would still see who he would be normally. Once he sipped his champagne the Sith Master bowed to Alienor then looked at the others around. Knowing that they were also patrons of music he then turned back towards her.

"I see you have quite a few admirers, Alienor. How have you been since leaving Munto Codru?" James asked curiously.

James' Theme Music

Comment

"It is a surprise to see you, Master. A good one." Alienor admitted with sincerity. She had had a few compelling discussions with the Sith master in her early days on Munto Codru. As he briefly let her see in his full form, she subtly bowed her head again. While she no longer served the Sith, it didn't mean she had lost respect for the ones she had admired back then.

"I do indeed." She smiled and took a sip of champagne. "I have been well. I have found my place, so to speak." She didn't regret her time among the Sith, knowing it had all been part of the process of finding herself.

"I was surprised when I found out about the new diplomatic relations between Sith and Imperials. I wouldn't have thought that I would get to see Sith on Bastion when I first arrived."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

James then chuckled, "I'm glad you did. You just didn't seem fit to be a Sith. Through our discussion I already knew you were destined for something like this. That was why I didn't have you hunted down. Plus, with the Sith and Galactic Empire being allied now, we are all allies in arms."

Taking a sip he then took a seat at the bar, offering her a seat next to him. Once he sat down he then placed his drink upon the napkin that was placed in front of him as he sat down. The bartender had it put there when the two sat down. The bartender recognized Alienor and smiled nodding to her then looked at the Sith Master with his eyes looking down.

The Sith Master took a few more sips before he nodded on the subject of Sith being on Bastion, "I never thought I'd see an Imperial on Munto Codru. Then again...Razielle, Dalethria and Jezebella saw to that. I'm working on the forefronts training others. I was made aware of it when Razielle visited your Empress. Have you met her? The Empress?"

James' Theme Music

Comment

"I don't regret what I learned. I wouldn't be what I am today without this time on Munto Codru. And I am glad I'm not hunted down. I know I chose to disappear without bells or whistles." Alienor replied as she took a seat next to Icarus at the bar.

She nodded to the bartender as she set her flute on the counter, her blue eyes returning to the Sith Master. "It is surprising how things can evolve. I am glad to hear that the discussions were productive to the point of this new situation. How is Lady Razielle doing, if I may ask?" She had great fondness for the Dathomiri, as well as for her daughter-in-law.

"I never got to meet the Empress, though I saw her in the audience a couple of times."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

"Well, just never forget where you come from." James said with a smirk, "Like me. I come from Coruscant. The former Imperial center."

Taking another sip he then looked back over with hazel eyes at Alienor, "As am I. We need your weapons and fire power. You guys need the power of the Dark Side. It goes hand in hand now."

When she asked about Razielle he shrugged, "She seems okay. As any Sith would be. As far as I know she's been studying in her office a lot. Then again, so have I. Remember our discussion about pain and pleasure being indivisible?"

James hoped she would. That was one of the topics that they had discussed back then. The Sith Master was still persuing that aspect of the Force. Using pain to ones advantage. Like Darth Sion had done thousands of years ago. Back when the Sith were at an all time high. In numbers anyways. Not their knowledge. Even then their knowledge was nothing compared to the Sith of today. They learned from the mistakes of the old Sith Empire.

James' Theme Music

Comment

Alienor smirked at the mention of where she came from. That was a complicated topic in her case and one she rarely discussed. She nodded to the Sith Master's words as she shifted position, some of the many fabric layers of her long skirt revealing the presence of an Echani dagger at her belt, one that her former Sith mentor had had crafted for her upon her promotion to the rank of Warrior. The musician hadn't been meant to be a Sith but she learned a lot back then.

"I am sure that this will prove profitable from both sides. I don't picture the Empress or the Sith Council going for anything lesser." She was no politician, but life had taught her a lot, especially in regards to these two empires.

She hoped that she would get to meet Lady Razielle again at some point, and possibly her former Master, Lady Sianna, though she doubted that the Echani would be elated to see her again.

"I didn't forget this discussion. Pain made sure I learned about survival years prior to my first steps on Munto Codru. And I learned all the more about it while at the temple." And it was now serving her well in her new life when there was need for this.

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

"Neither do I." He said with a chuckle.

It was good to run into Alienor again. Given she didn't stay too long in her time as a Sith he was glad she was still alive at least. Finding oneself can be hard. James had his own bouts of it in his younger days when he joined the Imperials before they kicked the Force-users off the planet. It seemed so long ago then. Felt like ages and ages ago to him.

"I'm glad something I said someone listened to." James said with a smirk joking around, "I was once part of the Imperials at one time. Well, before your Empress kicked all the Force users off the planet and into unknown space. That was when my destiny to be a Sith was complete."

James' Theme Music

Comment

"I listen well and remember what I hear." Alienor replied with a smirk. She was surprised by what Icarus said about the Empress, for it was incorrect. "The Force users were outlawed prior to the Empress's reign. It was a former leader who enforced these laws, not her. The Empress allowed the laws to be changed and participated to this alliance to come to life."

She wasn't familiar with all imperial or even Sith history, but she still had done research on certain facts and had learned a lot over the past years.

"I don't believe in people changing their minds all the time, but I think exploring different moments and places allows us to grow into who we are supposed to be."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

"Well, I was young at that time. I remembered it all faintly. All I was angered about at that time was me getting pushed out. Glad to see your Empress has changed her mind. Thanks to Razielle." James said with a softer spoken voice.

When Alienor spoke of people changing their minds or views he nodded in agreement. Sometimes one had to change their minds to become what they're supposed to be. He did it when he was young and his destiny was with the Sith Empire. At that time when he was part of the Imperials he hadn't been trained in much. But, once he was kicked off and headed to the Sith he knew then that it was there he would become who he was supposed to be.

"I agree. Sometimes it's either fate or destiny. Well, then again, I believe it was the Force telling me what direction to take." James said with a smirk, "Although sometimes the Force does it's own thing. I may use it to my advantage but it's still got a mind of it's own."

James' Theme Music

Comment

Alienor nodded to what Master Icarus said. "While I found my place here, I won't forget how the Sith Code speaks of breaking one's chains. I gained my freedom the day I set foot on Munto Codru." She spoke in a quiet tone. While the Sith life hadn't been for her, she knew that without going through this ring of incessant fire, she wouldn't have become who she was today.

"We have our measure of free will but hints, sometimes more akin to a swat on the head, happen." She added with a smirk. "With the new situation between Sith and Imperials, do you believe this would be possible for me to come visit some of you? I don't expect a welcome committee by any means, but I was thinking of possibly visiting Lady Razielle on Dathomir for example, and possibly speak again to Lady Sianna as well."

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

"As did I, Alienor. Plus, I gained allies, and, all the power I ever wanted at my command. Never felt that alive. Then again, I nearly died when my home was destroyed." James said with a nod.

He then took a few more sips of his flute of champagne setting it down gently. The bartender came by a few times making sure the two were taken care of. Waving him away politely he then turned his attention back to Alienor. Smirking, the Sith Master heard her speak of returning eventually to visit those she knew on Munto Codru. That and possibly visiting Razielle on Dathomir. He nodded.

"It's possible. They won't be as kind maybe, but, as you said we're allies now. So, that makes them have to be at least decent to you. If anything I'll be there to make sure they don't try and tear you apart. Now that you can't use the Force doesn't mean your still not one of us. At least in my eyes you'll always be." He said with a wink, his hazel eye winking to her under his mask to which one could see his eyes.

James' Theme Music

Comment

"Death is something I have come close a few times." Alienor simply observed, remembering even a more recent ordeal. In the end, everything had a purpose, though it could take time to figure things at out.

She smiled at what the Sith Master said about her visiting the Sith. "I appreciate it, Master." She bowed her head with respect, not taking his words lightly. They meant a lot to her. "When I arrived here, it was shortly after the change of laws. I am glad to see this alliance happen." her heart was imperial but she had Sith history and she was who she was because of this all.

sigs by Santeria and me

Comment

Working...
                              X