Counting Stars {Kiandra}

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Counting Stars {Kiandra}

-As soon as they returned to Telos Tal was thrown back into his work as the NR high general. At least he was able to give Kiandra the proper introduction to the NRIS. Military life wasn't the best thing to get into... especially not for such a young girl as Kiandra. Of course the two of them were practically the same age. Scratch that they were the same age, but Tal had been trained in the NR and even before the NR as a mandalorian to fight. Kiandra, on the other hand, didn't have much experience in that. Of course she would receive the necessary training to fight hand-to-hand and with blasters. It came natural to an Intel Agent. Even the good High General had some special training with several of the Intel Agents. Private lessons were always the best for someone entirely new to fighting. However, Kote wanted to assist Kiandra in the place she would be staying. At least until she had the funds to move somewhere descent.-

-A typical day consisted of: meetings, training schedules, organizing troops for deployment, and signing paperwork. That was a busy day! A slow day probably wasn't anymore different then a busy day. The only exception was of meetings and signing of paper work. Which was -- in his opinion -- the worst part of the job. But it had to be done.-

-Checking the time after leaving the Osani Compound the time said 6:09p.m. He had stayed longer then originally intended. Then again this was one of the more busier days he had gone through. Dressed in casual attire he had decided to meet Kiandra up where most of the Intel agents trained. It was an easy walk there and Kote enjoyed it. Approaching outside the doors he sat down and waited patiently on a nearby bench. A holo-display showed a current swoop race that had been taking place. Tal watched in amusement as several swoop bikes took a sharp turn at incredible speeds.-

I need to get back to racing. -Tal thought as he crossed one leg over the other and folded his arms over his chest.-
    Character Video- -Click Sig for Wiki Info- -Devil Dogs Video-
    sigpic
    "The only thing better than having a Mandalorian's mind
    is having a Mandalorian's heart."

-------------------------------------

Sig By: Tearstone
    Character Video by: Adam Faulkner

Kiandra had had a busy day at the Intel offices, learning a lot about her new position and what she would be doing on a day to day basis. However, Tal said about wanting to meet her for a different type of training. Learning how to fight. Having grown up in a facility full of crazies, Kiandra often chose to avoid conflict rather than fight so to take part in this was unnerving.

Then again, the whole day had been unnerving. Kiandra had twice gone into silent shutdown because of her anxiety levels and now...now she was close to going into a third. Tal told her to be here at the swoop tracks at 6pm, but he was late and that got her worried. Had she gone to the correct location? Had something happened to him?

Kiandra decided to wait it out a little while longer. It was another nine minutes before she finally caught sight of Tal and breathed a sigh of relief. Taking in a couple of breaths Kiandra made her way to him. She had to learn to accept that sometimes, people were late for reasons beyond their control, but for a girl who lived by set times, she found it difficult to be flexible.

"Is....is everything okay?"

Thank you Ms Wayne for creating this signature for me!

Comment

-The blond's eyes closed for a moment; visions flashed into his mind. Visions of the whole experience that occurred back on Manda'yaim. His breathing seemed to increase along with his heart rate. Both adrenaline and anxiety seemed to pump up further and further. It was something that he couldn't really handle by himself. The visions came quickly in an onslaught much like how a thermal detonator exploded. His grip tightened on his arms; it was all there of PTSD. Until a familiar voice caught his ears. At that moment both eyes shot open. Taking a deep breath of air; he exhaled and sighed. The visions had left giving him a calm moment to think.-

"Yes, everything if fine." -Glancing down the blond checked the time. It was 6:15p.m. The sun was gone and the stars remained in the beautiful night sky.- "Just going over some stuff. How was your day with the new job."

-Intel was all about being secretive and not showing anything pertaining to information. However, Kote had special privileges with the Intel department. He was considered a spectre in their ranks. Given special access to their facilities amongst other things. So whatever Kiandra said... Tal knew about.-
      sigpic

Comment

Kiandra studied Tal for a moment as she noted his own anxiety levels rising. He was sweating. His breathing had quickened, yet he was saying he was fine...?

"Liar..." she said plainly. "I know I rarely speak to people, but it doesn't mean I don't pay attention to subtle language." Kiandra folded he arms, holding them tightly to her chest. "It's how I kept my...hmm...'my nose clean' as Lucille would say. Speak to those I felt comfortable with and avoid those that had the potential to go bananas. Lucille, however, was surprised when I started speaking to you."

Kiandra took a couple of steps ahead of Tal and looked to the stars. "Truth is I've watched you since you arrived at the rehab facility. I...found it difficult to speak to you back then but I've seen you like this before." Kiandra then turned and looked at Tal. "A disability is only a disability if you let it control you... That's what I believe at least. I'm an autistic. That can't change and I know that it's a part of me, no matter what so I have to accept it. I have difficulties sure, but I see each difficulty as a challenge that needs to be overcome. I am determined to pass those challenges, no matter how long it takes."

Kiandra relaxed as best she could as her features pulled into a smile. "It's the same with your fears. Whatever has caused you to feel like this should not be considered as a wall too high to climb. It should be seen as a challenge or if you want to speak of this in your army terms, an enemy that needs putting down. An enemy that needs defeating...."

Comment

Whoah!!!

-All he did was ask a simple question; there wasn't much room for a response like that? Then again; Tal's own symptoms of PTSD weren't the best either. He had allowed what had occurred three years ago get to him. And this was without warning. It happened, he was severely injured, and he survived. So why was he thinking of the worst whenever he watched a swoop race occur on Telos. Of course, it wasn't Manda'yaim. There the races were a little more dangerous almost like that of a podrace. The rules were.... 'there are no rules'. Maybe that was part of the reason why he made it out of it alive.-

"Did she put you up to this?" -Tal questioned referring to Magge.- "Then again no one has ever talked to me the way you do. I am surprised to hear these words you express. Most of the people who try to communicate with me are kind of afraid of my military rank. You did a good thing by noticing my current level of anxiety. I know PTSD isn't anywhere close in comparison to what you have, but..."

-He wanted to say that his experience has been eating at him for almost four years. And that was way before he was diagnosed with the condition. The blond mandalorian was overall happy that Lucille helped him out. To say he didn't have that last disorder was something to thank mandalore for. But there had to be a way to overcome this one. He didn't want to be that one military leader that was known to having a condition of PTSD.-

What can I do?

-Pushing himself from the seat on his bench; the mandalorian stepped next to Kiandra and glanced into the night sky. It was a beautiful night. But it was also a little to early to go to bed or anything. The night was still young and there were still a few things that Kote wanted to do. Maybe a swoop race would be one... maybe not.-
          sigpic

Comment

The word 'she' had so many connections. Did it refer to Ilana or Lucille? Nope, neither of them out her up to this. Well...Lucille did make her promise to look out for him as much as he looked out for her. Maybe that had something to do with it or maybe it just came down to one simple fact. She did not see the rank Tal held. She saw Tal himself.

"Whichever 'she' you refer to, the answer is no." she said, indicating she was confused in whom he was referring to. "I don't see Tal Kote the great High General of the Republic. I didn't see that even at the rehab. I just saw Tal Kote, a man that needs a friend that gives him a boot up the backside every so often to keep him sane...not a literal boot unless you really need it of course, but a boot all the same. I'm no Jedi but it doesn't take a Jedi mind to see you're bothered by something so...I'm here."

Kiandra then decided to answer Tal's question about her job. "It went good...I think. I just...need more confidence in myself and my abilities...which at the present time I do not...."
            Last edited by Kiandra Matae; 11-20-2014, 06:02 AM.

Comment

Well alrighty then....

-It wasn't as if the mandalorian was offended. In fact, he was happy that someone said something to him. Most only looked up to his position as High General and nothing more. Sometimes, the mandalorian only wished he didn't accept this role. Keep it simple and go out on those special kind of missions with the Ghost's. But his work was important and he sure enough wasn't going to allow his PTSD to get in the way of that. Sooner or later he would have to get on a pod racer, but for now. He had the support of Kiandra to back him up, his job as military leader, and his skills as a mando'ad.-

"Well I guess I have to thank you for saying such words," -Tal responded turning to Kiandra.- "Many will look at my rank before they even begin to communicate with me. But you've known me long enough to look past that and say the words that have come to your mind. And for that I am happy."

-With an exhale; Kote glanced over to Kiandra. She had done rather well for her first day on the job. That at least said something.... not much but something at least. Tal's first day in the military was actual boot camp. Running with about 100 pounds of equipment, firing weapons, and exercising. It was none to easy and yet he managed to pull through entering into Ranger ranks and then eventually SpecForce ranks.-

"I'm confident that you will do fine," -Smiling he placed a hand on her shoulder.- "You'll get the hang of it; I am sure of it. For now, are you ready to see where you will be staying?" -Her place to stay would be as long as she wanted... and until she felt the need to buy a place of her own at least.-
              sigpic

Comment

Kiandra grinned as Tal thanked her for looking past his rank and saying things plainly rather than sugar-coated. "Well... somebody has to from time to time." she said before winking. "But, you're welcome. And I'm kinda glad you didn't hide behind your rank and tell me to get lost too so... thanks!"

Kiandra then looked at the hand Tal placed on her shoulder as he bolstered her confidence a little before asking her if she was ready to see where she'd be staying. "I-its not another rehab facility is it?" she said, joking a little. The teenager then grinned. "Sure... Lets go."

Comment

-The mandalorian offered a smile; somehow both of them had positive influences on each other. One difference was that Kote was a little older then Kiandra. Either way they were still helping each other out in some fashion. Whether it was Tal's PTSD or it was Kiandra's autism. He was able to feel a little more at ease though he had panic attacks every now and then. In the end the blond would eventually have to face this fear. But for now...-

"Come on," -Tal responded.- "You don't have to worry about them rehab facilities. And besides where we are going is much safer."

-Well Telos was just as safe as it came. Granted the NR controlled the world, but that didn't mean it was without flaws. And over the years Telos was working to get things going again. A better police force, planetary defenses, stronger security, and stronger military. It was all for reason of showing any attacking force that they meant business. Tal didn't want Kiandra feel like she was open for some kind of attack from an outside force. Guiding her carefully down the streets of Thani; Kote's home was close enough to walk to any of the facilities belonging to the NR. Transportation wasn't really needed at the moment.-

-As they approached the home it was surrounded by big beautiful trees. A sense of being home on Mandalore for Kote. The house itself was big enough to fit at least five more people. Massive windows all around the front portion of the home. A nice water fountain with a sculpture in the middle of it showing how much pride Kote held as a mandalorian. This was just the front part of the house, and already it was an amazing sight to see. Only because he was the military leader.-
                  sigpic

Comment

Kiandra followed dutifully beside Tal as he led her to a place the young intel analyst could describe as 'posh and idyllic'. It was beatiful. So much so that the girl's jaw fell slightly agape in surprise. Was this place really going to be her home until she felt ready to settle down by herself?

"Wow!" Kiandra finally said after several seconds just taking in the scenery. "This place is beautiful! Kinda reminds me of home...my home prior to the rehab center I mean..." Kiandra's words drifted from her as she remembered the days prior to being abandoned at the center. Kiandra remembered the cruel words spoken by her mother about how 'defective' she was and that she'd amount to nothing. To her heartless mother, the red-haired analyst was nothing more than a stigma. A stain on their noble name that had to be removed, rather than a child who needed just a little bit more time to fully understand the world around her.

Yet, as she thought on this, Kiandra faintly smiled at the wonder of what they'd be thinking if they saw their 'defective little girl' make a life for herself in the cruel galaxy. She could not wait for the day she could throw all those cruel words back at them and be proud of what she'd achieved.

As thoughts snapped back into reality, Kiandra looked back at Tal and asked, "You're sure its okay for me to stay here?"

Comment

-Tal offered a smile and sort of laugh when Kiandra asked the question. It was sheer of the moment, but he found it suitable. It was okay considering that his own mother lived here as well. Lived here for two years after a rescue occurred on a distant planet. Whether she was home was a different aspect altogether.-

"Why wouldn't it be?" -Tal questioned; his yellow eyes looking back at her.- "This is after all my home. Come on let's go inside."

-With a slow approach to the house; Kote stretched his hand out and jiggled the door knob. Eventually it turned symbolizing that it was unlocked and someone was home. Slowly pushing the door open a gust of cool air moved past Tal and Kiandra. The inside of the home was even more beautiful and seemed to be a little bigger then the outside. Stepping to the side the blond mandalorian allowed for Kiandra to step inside first and then followed slowly behind her closing the door.-

"HELLO!" -His voice bellowed.- "HEY I AM HOME!"
                      sigpic

Comment

Smiling nervously, Kiandra found her hands seemed to start fidgeting amongst themselves as they entered Tal's home. Stepping inside, her eyes immediately looked at her surroundings with wide eyes filled with wonder. It truly was a sight to behold. Everything looked so much bigger on the inside than it initially appeared, but then again, Kiandra had a problem judging sizes sometimes. Still playing with her hands, Kiandra was still gazing around her when Tal bellowed "HEY I AM HOME!" Suddenly stopping, she looked over at Tal with concern in her eyes though said nothing vocally.

In her head, however, she was near panicking. Who else was here? What would they be like? What would be their attitude toward her? She inwardly felt scared, but on the outside, she appeared quite stoic, as if she'd shut down all over again. Upon hearing footsteps, Kiandra took in a breath and looked down. She was no where near confident to speak to another, though she'd try to be friendly if she could.

Comment

"Don't yell, Tal'ika I heard you walk in." -From the far end of the room a woman who looked to be in her late 30s stepped out. Her hair was a light chestnut brown with bright green eyes. If anything she looked to be almost the same age as Tal. But in reality she wasn't.- "What took you so long ad; you should of been home at least thirty minutes ago?"

-Tal offered a smile rubbing the back of his head with his left hand.-

"Well I was helping someone out," -Tal responded stepping to the side; revealing Kiandra to the strange woman. For a moment the brown haired woman looked at Kiandra with curiosity.- "Buir; this is Kiandra a new resident here on Telos."

-After a moment of silence the woman stepped forward approaching Kiandra. Her gaze observed quiet extensively before a smile approached her face. Within that moment of silence the woman spoke.-

"Kiandra, eh?" -She inquired; placing a hand on her shoulder.- "It's nice to meet you Kiandra; I am Mesh'la Kote.... Tal's mother."
                          sigpic

Comment

Kiandra's head turned toward the sound of a woman at the far end of the room that they had entered and found herself in the presence of a woman that looked remarkably similar to Tal, so much so that Kiandra initially thought that she was Tal's sister. To find that the woman, Mesh'la as she was known as, was in fact Tal's Mother was a complete surprise. She didn't look old enough to have a child as old as Tal, and quietly hoped that she would look as good as Mesh'la once she was in her 30s too.

As hazel orbs locked onto Mesh'la, Kiandra forced her mind to open up and interact, as difficult as it was at the moment. Yet as words formed from her voice, it was not basic that was spoken, but in fact Mandalorian. It seemed Kiandra had had a lot of time on her hands prior to the two leaving Naboo. While Tal was busy with Lucille, Kiandra had sought to impress him by learning more about Mandalorians and their language and while she was no expert at the language, she did learn enough to greet Tal's mother in her own language.

"Bic cuyir an ijaat at kar'taylir gar, Mesh'la Kote." she said, bowing her head slightly. The pace was quite slow and she hoped she had said it correctly, given that it was her first time actually saying anything in Mandalorian. She'd read that its meaning was 'It is an honor to know you.' though whether it was true was up for debate. A friendly, if nervous smile pulled on Kiandra's lips as she pulled back some of her flame red hair and tucked it behind her ear. Would they be impressed by her attempt, or would she be blushing with embarrassment for saying it incorrectly? She really did not know.

Comment

-Suddenly Tal's bright yellow eyes widened as soon as he heard mando'a escape from Kiandra's lips. During the time in the rehab facility; Tal hadn't taught her the language. Of course that wasn't enough to say his accent was a clear picture of where he came from. But to know such a phrase was beyond impressive for someone so young. Even Mesh'la was overall surprised... though she really didn't like speaking the mandalorian language. It was still a useful tool to have. After a while Tal smiled knowing that she was in good hands.-

"She knows mando'a?" -Mesh'la glanced over to Tal who seemed to relax.- "When did you teach her Tal or did you teach her?"

"Hey I was busy enough going through therapy; you really think I could have the time to teach someone Mando'a?"

-Mesh'la's gaze grew even more colder. She had acknowledged Kiandra but grew a little sour at Tal's response. Stepping away from the new roommate of the home; the chestnut brown haired woman approached Tal. Everything seemed to grow quiet for several seconds. Then suddenly a sound echoed through the air... WACK! Tal suddenly found himself cradling his stomach and on his knees.-

"Watch your tone young man," -Mesh'la's voice was stern. Somehow she had managed to get the NR high general on his knees with a simple -- yet quick -- punch to the gut. Her green eyes soon followed over to Kiandra.- "Sorry about his rudeness. I've taught him better; so what branch of the New Republic are you in Kia?"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X