X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time alone... New discoveries

Posted by Nikka on 10-04-2002 10:32 PM:
    Time alone... New discoveries

Nikka sat alone yet again in her quarters, but she wasn't in her usual mood. Sitting at her computer terminal, she typed furiously at the keys with her eyes glued to the monitor. The display: Nikka's former homeworld, the planet of Hapes. She was still determined to find what had been missing- the so many questions that still remained unanswered. Why her husband died by unknown hands.. and why they tried to go after her next. These mysteries were now at a point where they could tear a hole in her very well being and she would not rest until she found these answers.

Modern technology became a much needed tool to gain access to the Hapan underground database, mostly run by criminals. After many tedious hours of climbing into each level of clearance, Nikka was finally in their system and her tracks were very well hidden. This underground syndicate tried to keep their tracks hidden, but Nikka was very lucky to finally find it after so many days of researching wanted groups by the Hapan government. But what she discovered was this one single group worked for the government. Nikka always had a hunch that because Darran was leading a secret life, it became a threat to Hapan society and they had no choice but to terminate him.

She never knew this, but Darran was a Force user, mostly being fond of the Dark Side.

As she would dwell on this, that dark and overwhelming feeling would overtake her soul. That had to be the clue to his death...and his life. It also overwhelmed her when she stared at the holophoto of him on the datapad next to her on the desk. He had a very cold demeanor in this picture, but in public, his features were very warm, which had to be since he was a part of the government... The Hapan council and committees were mostly run by women, as well as advisors to the leader of the planet. Darran was the only male advisor, but his voice was rarely heard by any of the members. He considered himself a very important voice with his military background, but it never helped... and perhaps that was the reason his secret life began to unfold right under their very noses.

Nikka was impressed while she read over the many profiles of the members. A lot of them seemed to have potential skills in hiding themselves, but she would soon find their compound and destroy them all. She saved the information displayed on her screen to a nearby datapad and shut off the computer. Now the answers were more clear than they ever were.

The Dark Aura that surrounded him when she first met him.

The role he played in the Hapan government.

The secret aura that would soon be discovered...

And his lightsaber.. the blade being red. Nikka did not understand why he gave it to her before he died, but it had to be the only thing he wanted from her: to follow in his footsteps and find the assassins...and abolish them all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Nikka on 10-07-2002 01:55 AM:
    Making the decision...

Nikka wandered the headquarter's corridors later on that evening. She knew what she had to do, but wasn't sure on how she would do it. Leaving the Empire without the approval of the council could get her into a lot of trouble, so she had only one choice: to speak with her master about it sooner or later. Slipping outside the headquarter compound, Nikka stared up at the moon and then down at the data pad that was grasped in her hand. All the information she acquired was right there and all she had to do was board a ship and go...but she needed help. Nikka couldn't possibly go at this alone. The underground syndicates were not to be reckoned with and if she went in alone... she wouldn't make it out alive.

She tried to think of who she would want to go with her on the mission. This would be a personal mission, so not a lot of people would be going, but if she fell into a nasty situation, she would need someone to bail her out. Nikka would be able to break into the compound on the far side of the planet to find the ones responsible while having two more follow her in for back up. Nikka just chuckled at her thoughts and plotting. Perhaps another approach would be better...bringing them here as prisoners and torturing like they did her for so many years.

Ah, the slow and painful method. How joyful would that be...

She laughed out loud at the thought. Nothing would be more delightful than to see them writhing and screaming in pain.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Nikka on 10-11-2002 10:28 PM:
    Dark thoughts dwelling...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As she lay there on the cold, damp grass, she thought of many things. Her new life, as well as her old one that still has unfinished business, her friends at the Empire, and even several enemies she made among her comrades. She shrugged at the thought of making enemies though. She could care less. But there was one issue she just couldn't shake, her new relationship with Talus. Nikka hadn't seen him in many days and began to wonder if she made the right choice by rushing into it. His avoiding her was probably a sign that she did... but not seeing him many days off was beginning to make her wither away. No way could she live without him. And there under the moonlight did the tears form and fall from her eyes.

Emotions.

No matter how cold hearted Nikka could be, she could never shake her feelings. Feelings were the very foundation of Nikka's life...but sometimes it was hard for her to act on them properly. When she took the lives of her abusive adoptive parents she discovered this and now out of the blue she wants to take others. She could have let them live and suffered more of their painful ways, but she chose to put them out of her life. That was the proper thing to do in her mind. So from now on the people who made her suffer, whether it be emotionally or physically, would pay the price. Through the tears, the crimson glow in her eyes shone. Anger and sadness wrapped into one could be a deadly weapon...

It seemed now that she was really destined to be alone...

(OOC:If anyone's bored, by all means, join in.)

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-14-2002 07:54 PM:

The night was dark, a cold breeze flew in over the mountains and it was an ideal night for a stole. Gideon was walking, staring up at the moon, he was thinking about allot of different things, and spaced out in his own different world only to be awaken by a loud thud.

The thud was Gideon's face hitting the damp grass, and with his feet he felt something or rather someone. Gideon flipped over on his feet and looked behind him only to see someone he had met before, someone he considered to be an allie, Nikka.

Gideon stood and took a couple of steps back and knelt down next to her offering her a hand,

:Sorry Nikka wasn't watching where i was going:

Gideon noticed a tear rolling down Nikka's cheek but thought it would be better to keep it to himself not knowing if she would want to talk about it. Gideon saw a datapad lying in the grass and picked it up with his other hand,

:Is this yours:

Posted by Nikka on 10-14-2002 08:01 PM:

Nikka heard the loud thud in the darkness just as she closed her eyes to clear her thoughts. She sprang up and saw it was Gideon who tripped over her as she was lying in the grass.

"Gideon, I'm sorry I didn't know anyone would be out here this time of the night, are you alright?" She replied as she nodded and took the data pad from his hand.

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-14-2002 08:07 PM:

:Of cores, it was my fault anyway, walking with my eye's closed I should have known better:

Gideon brushed off his shirt and sat next to Nikka absorbing the datapad a little closer,

:I didn't damage it did I? It must be important for you to have it all the way out here:

Noticing the tears dry up Gideon thought he must know,

:Are you okay Nikka? Is something troubling you:

Posted by Nikka on 10-14-2002 08:14 PM:

She pressed several buttons and examined over the datapad closely noting no damage done to the device and then shook her head.

"No it seems fine. The contents are fairly important to me, yes. It will unlock most of my past and unsolve a murder case back on my home planet."

She paused briefly before continuing. "As for me. Well... I'm not in a particularly good mood as of now. Personal reasons."

Nikka tried to subtly wipe the tears away, but it was still evident she was upset.

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-15-2002 06:47 PM:

:Murder:

The breeze rolled on and sent a chill up Gideon's spine as the word roll off his tongue,

:Are you in some kind of trouble Nikka:

The clouds seem to cover the moon for a second as the question was posed and the night grew darker and colder....

Posted by Nikka on 10-15-2002 08:30 PM:

As she remained lying on the ground, she just stared up at the sky watching the clouds dance upon the moon.

"If I go back... I might be."

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-16-2002 06:30 PM:

:If:

It sounded as if he doubted Nikka but he knew she had a good reason,

:Why wouldn't you go, it sounds so important and if it's that necessary to your past I can't see why you wouldn't:

Gideon spoke as if to send it into her soul and in his mind she knew what she had to do.

Posted by Nikka on 10-17-2002 07:17 PM:

"WHen I was 16, I murdered the couple who took me in as their child. I stayed hidden for many months afterward cause I was running from the authorities. They knew I was responsible and when I left, they never knew where I had went and if I go back, well... you can get the idea. I have no regrets for what I did. How can I? They hurt me for 16 years... so I hurt them back, but they are not the reason I plan to return." Nikka paused briefly and then continued. "I am going back to slay the ones who murdered my husband..."

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-17-2002 08:01 PM:

:Husband:

This took Gideon for a big surprise with him knowing very little of her personal life but he knew of Talus, but he know of the other one? Gideon decided not to press that question for it was none of his business,

:I never knew that you had a husband before coming here Nikka, and was sure not expecting you to say that either. But what I do know, is if someone took my loved one's life and I knew who it was they wouldn't be living for to much longer:

An evil and sinister side started to show in Gideon as he thought back to his parents and how he might be facing this situation some time in the near future,

:Just remember Nikka, if you need any help or if find yourself in a situation you can't do without help I and many others in the empire wouldn't have to think twice about jumping to help you:

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 10-19-2002 07:10 PM:

Nikka chuckled out loud and smiled, the first time she smiled since this whole thing started.

"I know. Talus is already hell bent on going. When I told him this, it infuriated him. I am beginning to believe he wants revenge more than I do."

She smiled a bit more. She knew Talus hated that someone hurt her, even if it was in the past. She recalled the night they spent in her quarters and when she told him. The look on his face was still imprinted in her mind. He displayed a mix of anguish, anger and malice and assured her he would stand by her when she needed him.

"Well, I am probably going to need around 5 people to accompany me." She continued on while staying focused on her thoughts. "Would you like to join us?"

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-19-2002 08:02 PM:

:I bet, I haven't talked with him much but I know he would do anything for you even if it cost him his life, He real loves you:

Gideon smiled he knew how lucky she was to have someone like that, but did she know that,

:I would be Honored to fight by your side:

(OOC- you got your old account back, huray )

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 10-19-2002 10:36 PM:

She smiled and nodded. Wherever Talus was now he would know she was ready to fulfill her destiny. She would have to contact him when he returned.

"I know. When he gets back, I'll begin to get things ready. But the problem is I don't have a ship. We'll probably have to borrow one."

She began to flip through the documents that were downloaded on her data pad and stumbled onto something that she overlooked. It was a faded and staticky holophoto of a middle aged man, dark hair and eyes. How it got there she had no idea, but it drew the most shocking look on her face anyone had ever seen.

"Oh.... my.... god....." She muttered with a staggering gasp. How could this be? What she saw on that screen was impossible.

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-20-2002 05:29 PM:

The phrase brought a puzzling look to Gideon's face,

:What is it, what happened:

Gideon moved a little closer to see what she had found.

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 10-20-2002 09:12 PM:

"This... is impossible." She flipped through the original files and photos again and then to the ones missed. "They were watching me, but how? Our computers are supposed to be secure!"

Nikka turned to Gideon and showed him the display on the datapad. Her emerald green eyes were glazed over with an ocean of tears. What she had discovered on that datapad had been planted there by the underground syndicate while she was browsing their database, and it was a good guess that they know where she is but if they would dare come after her, she would be ready.

"The man that's on this display is my husband. He was presumed dead from an unknown illness over 2 years ago. Why this picture of him got into my datapad I have no idea, but I think this is a message of some sorts. I know I didn't see this while I was going through their database so they had to have put it there."

She stared down at the picture again. More pieces of the puzzle were beginning to fall into place.

"He's alive..." She whispered softly and closed her eyes.

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-21-2002 09:39 PM:

:He, you mean your husband? I thought he was dead:

Gideon looked even more confused not knowing her past but how was she taking this surprise,

:I know this is hard but are you going be ok:

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 10-22-2002 02:54 AM:

Nikka just nodded slightly, never taking her eyes off the display. She wondered how he could still be alive after dying in her arms that night over 2 years ago. Something just wasn't right.

"I hope... now it looks I have more research to do." She brushed a lock of hair out of her eyes and sighed.

How is Talus going to react to this?

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-22-2002 05:06 PM:

o you need any help trying to peace things together in there? I'm pretty good on computer:

Gideon started thinking more of what she was going through now and knew it couldn't be easy,

:I know this isn't my place but what will you do about Talus? I know you love him, but your love for your husband couldn't have just vanished:

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 10-26-2002 07:16 PM:

"Talus is the present and my future." She points to the picture as she continues. "This man is my past. There is no way I would ever go back to him if this is true... and if it is true and he's been alive this whole time, then he betrayed me."

Posted by Gideon Desdemona on 10-26-2002 09:29 PM:

:So it shall be:

Gideon stood up and brushed himself off,

:Your loyalty to Talus is great, and I'm glad to know your relationship will be uninfected. But now my lady I must leave, but call on me when the time comes for the mission:

Gideon stuck out his hand to offer Nikka help getting up before he left...

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 10-26-2002 09:39 PM:

Nikka took his hand and smiled lightly as she stood. She was very grateful to have a friend who was willing to help her in her situation.

"Thank you. Indeed I will let you know when I am ready. I shall see you soon."

She nodded a farewell to him and watched as he returned the gesture before he turned to leave.
Working...
X