X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of the past, to the future (closed)

Posted by Lord Dagger on 06-28-2002 06:13 AM:
    Of the past, to the future (closed)

DarkStar opened the door to his new quarters, located closer to the quarters of the Sith Master he had sworn his loyalty to. As the door hissed open he groaned. Some helpful soul had decorated the room for him. The steel walls had been painted white to make the small room appear bigger, carpets had been laid on the floor and cushions had been added to the chairs.

He dropped the small travel bag that contained most of what he owned to the floor with a metallic clunk. Cracking his knuckles the ancient Sith Lord went to work. Grabbing the first chair near the top he renched it free of the floor. The bolts that kept it secure were no match for the inhuman strength of the Force Vampyre and it came free with little resistance.

Holding the chair in the air for a moment he looked down at the floor, the carpet and the steel panels below were still intact, at least he didn't have to relay them.

With a casual flick of his wrist he threw the chair out of the door, with no regard for anyone that might be passing. With the chair gone he set to work on the sofa. Once more the bolts and weight of the metal furniture was no match for the sheer strength of the ancient Sith and moments later the sofa followed the chair into the hall.

Twenty minutes saw all the furniture in the room, bar the small coffee table, out in the hall, along with the carpet. The walls had also been painted, a dark crimson, the colour of blood. The white walls had made the room seem bigger, the dark ones now made the room seem small and oppressive, DarkStar was used to this but anyone calling would be put on edge by the effect, that was why he did it, to give himself an edge over anyone he spoke to in his quarters.

Sat cross leged on the floor infront of the small table DarkStar unpacked the small travel bag. It contained almost all his worldly possesions, one of the only things he didn't own that wasn't in the bag was the armour and cloak that he wore, as no one besides his wife had seen him remove them in almost five centuries the rumor was that it was part of his skin, join to him like an extension of his body. He laughed at the though but didn't remove the armour.

Inside the bag was the hilt of a lightsabre, Lifestealer, the other, Widowmaker, was clipped to his belt where it always was. Next he removed two holoprojectors, he stared at them for a long time before activating the first, a hologram of his wife appeared in all her beauty, he smiled at it, wanting to hold her and stroke her long hair but she wasn't here so, with a sigh he switched it off.

He turned to the other holoprojector almost afraid to activate it, it had been a long time since he had but finally with a sigh he did. At first glance it would be impossible to tell why DarkStar kept this hologram with one of his wife. She was not even of the same race as DarkStar and his wife, she was undeniably human and, undeniably beautiful. DarkStar chuckled to himself, he supposed that was why men fell at her feet, though it was not the reason he had her picutre.

It was something more maternal than that, she had been his first nonVampyre apprentice, how long ago had it been, five years? ten? twenty? he didn't know, he didn't want to remember. He had trained the poor little girl she had been, he had made a Sith Master out of her, then he had sworn to protect her, while she had traveled and later when she became an Empress. He had served her until...DarkStar didn't like to think about the next part, he saw it as his failure, she had died and he had been unable to prevent it. He switched off the holoprojector and closed his eyes, so many memories.

"Jen,"

He said quietly,

"I'm sorry..."

The ancient Sith Lord bit back his tears, knowing crying would do no good. With a huge effort of will he tore his thoughts away from those times, turning them to more recent ones, his service to Sith Master Live Wire, he had protected her and her child, even from the fires of Hell but in the end it had counted for naught and she had betrayed him, consigned him to the DarkSide. His rage threatened to bubble to the surface, but like his tears he repressed it.

It had been a long journey to this point, now, he was protector to Sith Master Dara Shadowtide, something stirred inside him as he though this, it had been a long journey indeed, six centuries but he finally felt at home, where he was ment to be, this was his final master and everything had been leading him to this point.

The ancient Sith lord smiled and stood, it was time to go see him new master, he had wasted enough time with his memories, it was time to look away from the past and to the future. He cast his sight ahead, for the universe it was a dark future, for him, a bright one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 06-30-2002 04:35 AM:

:: Sith Master Dara Shadowtide stood in her quarters as the last of the security measures were reimplemented into the main door after another random act of evil had blown in out in the hallway. It was fortunate for the passerby that he was not hit, although in a way Dara felt it was fate that he had been walking by in the first place.

Sith Lord DarkStar and she had indeed had an interesting and informative conversation just a few days before regarding the unusual symbol on her hand and the uncontrollable rage within her which led to the euphoria of release upon anything near her. At least no fellow comrade had gotten too injured from it yet.

The two Sith had conversed about a great many things and as an unexpected result of their meeting, Lord DarkStar had mentioned serving other Sith in a bodyguard/assassin position. This had intrigued Dara, and with her own growing number of enemies in the galaxy rising each day, she decided an ally nearby would prove beneficial. She smiled and then motioned for the Empire staff to step aside as she made her way to visit Lord DarkStar in his new quarters. Dara made the short walk and gave three knocks on the door ::

[c]
    [c]

Dara Shadowtide

Affiliation: The Sith Empire, Council Member

Apprentice to: Lady Dia, Darth Havok

Sister to: Athena Lady Darknss, Lyra Darkstar,
    Dalethria Mal Pannis

Master to: Raine Sarin, Darth Varlon, Vega Van Derveld,
    Dyne Darkforce, Athena Lady Darknss, Bi0 Hazzard,
    Daegal Murdoch, Lady Callista, Lord Sabre, Alisa Sha,
    Lyra Darkstar, Kekoa Alkarin, Rothmar Dujek,
    Dark Jedi Kitano, Lana Westbrooke, Michin Troval,
    Abydos Nighthawk, Lina Capulet, Nikka DarkStorm

Wields: A pale blue lightsaber, a turquoise lightsaber,
    Staff of the Tides

Quote:
    "Do not talk about what you have done
    or what you are going to do...
    do it, and let it speak for itself."

AIM Bio The Sith Empire Tides of Darkness

[/c]

[/c]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Lord Dagger on 06-30-2002 10:17 AM:

A chuckle came from within the quarters and the door hissed open, DarkStar was close to the door, obviously about to leave himself.

"I was just coming to visit you m'lady,"

He chuckled again and moved aside to let her into the dark red room. The room was almost barren, except for the small coffee table on one side.

"I would offer you a seat...how ever it currently occupies the hall outside,"

He nodded in the direction of the pile of furniture outside his door that a pair of droids were just in the process of removing.

"I can offer you a drink...but it will be watter i'm afraid, I don't drink anything else these days,"

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-05-2002 02:25 AM:

:: Dara stepped inside to see that he really wasn't ready to entertain guests. She looked at him and smiled ::

"I didn't realize you hadn't completely moved in, Lord DarkStar. We can go to my quarters if you prefer. I do have furniture and everything there."

:: She gave a small laugh, hoping he would catch her sense of humor, which in itself was rather a rare occurrence for her to display ::

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-05-2002 05:16 AM:

DarkStar arched an eyebrow,

"My dear lady, I have indeed completely moved in, the only people I normally entertain are people I want to intimidate, of which you are not one. So yes, your quarters would be preferable, at least you can sit down in there,"

DarkStar winked. Standing to the side of the door he bowed, holding his arm out in a motion for Dara to go first.

"Ladies first,"

He said with a chuckle

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-05-2002 07:08 PM:

:: Dara laughed lightly again and then led him to her quarters. She completed the security sequence and then the new door opened with a quiet *whoosh*. As the two entered, the room illuminated automatically to reveal a large aquarium mounted into the far wall as well as a small sitting area in front of a holovid center. The whole decor was in deep shades of blue accented with black leather and suede adornments. The Sith Master motioned over to the seats and then sat down across from him ::

"Would you like something to drink?"

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-05-2002 07:22 PM:

DarkStar smiled, pushing his cloak over the back of his chair as he sat, revealing Widowmaker clipped to his belt.

"Water please m'lady, it is all I drink..."

DarkStar surveyed the room, so unlike his own, pale colours and furniture. He would have chuckled but Dara might have thought him insane so he kept his thoughts to himself.

He knew what had drawn him to the Sith Master now though, they said opposites attract, that was the reason he had been drawn to the service of the woman he now called master. He had made a good choice it seemed.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-06-2002 04:04 AM:

:: Dara smiled and went to get a glass of water for DarkStar and a glass of juice for herself. Handing him the glass, she then took a seat once more ::

"Are your new quarters satisfactory? You really didn't need to move closer just because of me though.."

:: She took a sip of the juice and then held the glass on her lap in front of her as her eyes met his ::

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-06-2002 04:22 PM:

DarkStar winked

"Oh there are many reasons to be closer to you m'lady,"

He smiled sipping his water, irritatingly keeping those reasons to himself as his eyes burned misciviously with their inner fire.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-07-2002 01:21 AM:

"Many reasons? Do tell.."

:: Dara smiled and took another sip of her juice ::

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-07-2002 05:55 PM:

DarkStar chuckled and winked

"I think i'll keep those to myself m'lady, it helps me retain my air of mystery,"

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-08-2002 02:44 AM:

"I see, very well. Oh.. you said you were coming to visit me. Was there something that you needed?"

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-12-2002 06:24 PM:

DarkStar shook his head

"No m'lady...other than to be near you,"

The statement was so matter of fact, that given the ambiguous nature of the statement, it could be taken any way the listener so desired.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-14-2002 06:10 PM:

:: Dara looked over at DarkStar curiously. This had been another statement by him that had left her puzzled if there was more to it than just the spoken words ::

"You want to just spend time with me? Or is this strictly your duty now.."

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-14-2002 06:12 PM:

DarkStar smiled and winked, in a highly irritating manner.

"That remains for my lady to work out for her self, i'm your protecter m'lady, not your mystery solver,"

He grinned

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-14-2002 06:50 PM:

:: She smiled and shook her head. The Sith Lord was certainly skilled at avoiding a direct question, but she was beginning to really like that about him. Plus, it looked like they were going to be spending a great deal of time together as well.. and she didn't mind that part at all ::

"So.. would you like to take a walk around headquarters? Or did you need to get back to decorating your dwelling?"

:: Dara stifled a small smile as she looked over at him, her green eyes sparkling mischievously ::

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-14-2002 06:58 PM:

DarkStar chuckled, he enjoyed his little games, sooner or later Dara would figure him out, he hoped it was sooner rather than later.

"Yes, a walk would do me good, get out of these stuffy rooms, and in plesant company as well,"

He smiled, drained the last of his water and stood gracefully, moving to the side of the door, moving one arm out to the side in a 'ladies first' type motion.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-15-2002 02:24 AM:

:: Dara smiled and stood from her chair and walked gracefully over to him. With a casual subtlety, she stopped directly in front of DarkStar and her eyes travelled down and then back up again as she locked her eyes on his once more. She then gave a coy smile ::

"There certainly is some impressive scenery around the Empire. Is there a particular place you would like to go on our walk? I would always recommend the ruins on the surface because the view is spectacular at night."

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-15-2002 05:10 PM:

DarkStar smiled, his own eyes giving her a swift look over, though they took in every detail of her body it took but a moment.

"Yes, TSE has some impressive scenery I have seen the best quite recently though..."

His eyes glinted misciviously as he left the room walking at Dara's side.

"Let us go visit these ruins then m'lady,"

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-16-2002 03:00 AM:

:: Dara smiled as they walked down the corridor. As they approached the enclosed cylindrical lifts along the wall which took people to the surface, the Sith Master noticed that the three main transports were shut down for maintenance and the only one that remained available for use was a smaller one traditionally used by a single person at a time. Turning to DarkStar with a small grin, she spoke quietly ::

"Well it seems that we have a choice to make here.. we can come back later when the main lifts are repaired, or we can become more.. closely acquainted and share a ride up now in the workman's lift. Which way would you prefer to travel?"

:: Her green eyes twinkled in the dim light of the area as she waited to hear DarkStar's preferred mode of transportation ::

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-16-2002 04:55 PM:

DarkStar looked at the lift, then at Dara, then back at the list, sizing it up. He shruged.

"The lift, it isn't far and we shouldn't asphxyiate on the way,"

He grinned and stepped into the lift, wrapping his cloak around him he seemed to shrink into the corner. He smiled at Dara.

"Well...are you going to squeeze in here with me so we can get closely aqauinted?"

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-17-2002 02:18 AM:

:: Dara smiled and stepped in close next to him. The fit was quite snug and the two pressed against the back wall of the enclosure as the door closed and it began moving upwards. There were a few bumps along the way and Dara was knocked into DarkStar where she braced herself by hanging on to his arm. She felt very at ease in his presence for some reason and the time to the surface passed quickly.

As the door opened with a *whoosh* the hues of the setting sun fell along the ground and decorated the rocky mountainsides as they appeared to almost glow with an inner fire. Dara slid out of the lift first and then was followed by DarkStar ::

"I had almost forgotten what fresh air was like. What a magnificent view. Have you ever been to the surface?"

:: She turned to look at him with a smile ::

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-18-2002 04:19 PM:

DarkStar regarded the landscape with a cold distaste.

"Yes, I have. I must admit though, there was some much more impressive scenery when we were inside the Empire,"

He winked at her,

"Though this place is plesant enough, I must show you my homeworld, the landscape there is simply breath taking..."

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-19-2002 05:18 AM:

:: Dara's eyes travelled along the Sith Lord once more ::

"I find that the view as of recent is remaining very nice indeed no matter where I am, Lord DarkStar."

:: She smiled and then continued ::

"I would enjoy a trip to your homeworld. It's not often that I get to travel as much as I would like to any more. So perhaps that can be our next.. adventure. Shall we be on our way to the ruins now?"

:: The Sith Master motioned over to a small pathway at the base of the mountainside ::

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-19-2002 10:11 AM:

DarkStar inclined his head in a form of bow then moved to the base of the path. Dara noticed that, as the Sith lord walked he seemed to flicker in and out of visibility.

He turned to Dara when he reached the base of the path and smiled.

"Come m'lady, let us see if these ruins can offer any scenery better than what I have already observed, though I doubt it,"

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-20-2002 03:52 AM:

:: Dara smiled and walked with him, but then noticed a peculiar thing as they travelled along the path. DarkStar's form was almost transparent at times. Always one to be direct, she asked him ::

"DarkStar? What is happening? Is that a force vampyre trait or something? You keep.. disappearing for a split second or something. It's quite odd and I have never seen it before."

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-20-2002 02:29 PM:

DarkStar chuckled and pushed his cape back, it vanished for a moment but he remained visible.

"This intresting cape I picked up on my travels is the source of the effect you are witnessing. It absorbs artificial light, making me appear one with the shadows and bends natural light making me appear to vanish."

He ajusted the cape again so it fell around him

"It works perfectly when I am still and only in part when I am moving, it is very useful in my line of work as I'm sure you can appreciate,"

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-23-2002 03:17 AM:

:: Dara looked over at the cloak as he spoke ::

"It's very unique and would indeed come in handy from time to time."

:: She smiled as they continued to walk the path toward the ruins. The sun's rays had finally dissipated and the pale moon began to rise slowly in the ever darkening sky ::

"You mentioned visiting your homeworld.. where are you from?"

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-23-2002 05:07 AM:

"Terra,"

The reply came instantly, it was a well conditioned answer that he had used a thousand times. He chuckled.

"It is located deep within what you call the unknow regions of space, near the Chiss homeworld. It is a world of green forests, soaring mountains, deep valleys and vast lakes. It is a beautiful world m'lady,"

His thoughts seemed to drift from the pressant and he was lost, only for a moment, in his memories.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-31-2002 12:00 AM:

:: Dara listened to DarkStar describe his homeworld and it made her think of the place she grew up so long ago. Perhaps it was time to make a visit there once again. She hadn't been there since..

Clearing her throat and turning her thoughts back to the Sith Lord, she smiled at him as they followed the curved path along the mountain side ::

"It certainly sounds very beautiful. Have you had a chance to visit recently?"

:: The castles emerged on the mountain top as the two Sith drew nearer. The ancient structures majestically glowed as the pale light glistened upon each stone. Some of the magnificent buildings were still in tact after all this time, although others continued to erode as stones were scattered all down the mountains ::

Posted by Lord Dagger on 07-31-2002 06:02 PM:

DarkStar stopped and looked at the castle for a long moment, his hands on his hips and a small smile on his face.

"Yes, I went home recently, to rebirth it,"

He chuckled to himself but did not elaborate on the peculiar sentense. Instead he started walking again, headed for the ruin, he cast a glance back at Dara and winked.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 07-31-2002 11:27 PM:

:: She smiled back at DarkStar ::

"I actually need to make time to visit my homeworld sometime as well."

:: Dara led the Sith Lord up a stone covered path to the top of the mountainside where they looked upon various castles. Deciding that it would be more interesting to visit one she hadn't been to yet, the Sith Master pointed to a castle off in the distance as she spoke quietly to DarkStar ::

"What about that one over there?"

Posted by Lord Dagger on 08-02-2002 06:12 PM:

DarkStar nodded and then did something very odd. Rather than walking along the mountain path the ancient Sith began to scale the mountain wall. He looked down at Dara with a smile.

"We all have to find time to do the things we really want. You should visit your home world as I should scale this cliff. You are welcome to join me, or meet me at the top,"

He laughed and began to move like a spider up the wall, finding hand holds where there should be none as he quickly moved up the wall.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-11-2002 06:16 PM:

:: Dara sighed as DarkStar just left her at the bottom of the mountain wall. Taking out a pair of black leather gloves, she slipped them on and called upon the darkness within as she began to force leap up the mountain side. She landed at various platforms and branches and eventually caught up with the Sith Lord at the top. Slipping off her gloves, she walked over to him with a smile ::

"Does anything of interest catch your eye yet?"

Posted by Drako on 08-12-2002 05:08 PM:

DarkStar diliberately didn't look at the Sith Master, he scanned the horizzon in the oposite direction. Hidden from her view he smirked.

"There is nothing of intrest that I can see at the moment,"

He said, letting the smirk drop from his face he turned to face her, then with a voice completely devoid of emotions he spoke again.

"Now, is a different matter entirely though..."

He turned again to look at the horizon, the slight smile returning to his lips.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-13-2002 12:18 AM:

:: Dara turned around and looked behind her to see what DarkStar was referring to, but failed to see any type of landmark to speak of. She walked toward him slowly with a smile on her face. Stopping directly next to him, she placed her hand lightly on his arm and spoke in almost a whisper ::

"Lord DarkStar? Which castle were you referring to behind me? I don't seem to see the interesting location you were describing."

:: Her eyes twinkled in the pale light as she waited for his reply ::

Posted by Drako on 08-13-2002 05:25 PM:

DarkStar folded his arms and assumed an expression of mock exasperation.

"My lady, I was not refering to a castle, but rather to a temple, one which houses the goddess I would die for"

DarkStar expression turned serious in the middle of what he was saying as he glanced across at Dara, his cold green eyes shinning brightly.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-14-2002 01:55 AM:

:: Dara almost could not breathe after his last statement to her. She wondered how much his loyalty to protecting her was simply his duty, and if there was any chance there were other underlying feelings being masked at this particular time.

One thing was certain at least, and that was that they would be spending a great deal of time together. And during the course of their time together, hopefully answers would be provided to this question about his feelings, along with questions of a similar nature which were ever present in the Sith Master's thoughts these days ::

"Your words are indeed too kind, Lord DarkStar. I'm very fortunate to have you so.. close to me."

:: Her eyes stayed fixed upon his ::

Posted by Drako on 08-14-2002 04:59 PM:

DarkStar's eyes were focused on Dara's, though the Sith Lord's body was not facing her. If he noticed her suprise, he gave no indication of it. He said nothing for a long time then finally he turned to face her, he unfolded his arms and took her hand in his he bowed. Kissing her hand gently his spoke.

"The question m'lady,"

He raised his head, his eyes meeting hers again as he began to straighten.

"Is how close do you want me to get..."

For once the Force Vampyre's words did not have the edge of a game, they were straight and serious, though the question did leave the Sith Lord open to the double edged blade he presented to Dara.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-15-2002 01:05 AM:

:: Dara held onto his hand for a moment before releasing, and met his gaze with a smile as she spoke quietly ::

"I want you to get as close to me as you feel comfortable with, Lord DarkStar. I already know how close I would like you to be.."

:: She winked and then looked over at the castle across the way from them ::

"Shall we get going again? There's some lightning off in the distance, I wonder if a storm is brewing."

Posted by Drako on 08-17-2002 05:11 PM:

DarkStar was looking down, where they had just come when he answered.

"Yes, there is a storm coming and it will be a big one, you can taste it in the air,"

He looked up over at the castle, he seemed to be judging something. He smiled at Dara for a moment.

"Lets see if you can keep up m'lady,"

Without another word he set off at a run, and a fast one at that, he turned his head slightly at Dara and blew her a kiss before turning his head again and continuing to run towards the castle, wanting to reach the walls before the storm broke.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-18-2002 02:22 AM:

:: Dara smiled and winked back at him and then took off running at force enhanced speed right behind him. The two Sith crossed a large amount of distance in a short amount of time, and as the raindrops began to fall, they stepped to the entrance of the castle. Looking to DarkStar with a smile, she gave a slight gesture and the door swung open, allowing them both to step inside out of the rain. She took out a small cloth and dried her face and then looked over at him ::

"It seems we made it just in time, although I wonder if we will be stuck here for long due to the storm."

:: Her eyes twinkled as lightning flashed in the windows all around them ::

Posted by Drako on 08-21-2002 03:17 PM:

DarkStar stared past her for a long moment, watching the lightning and the rain. He seemed to be studying it when he spoke, it was slow and deliberate as if still working it out as he spoke.

"I think, we have a couple of hours at least,"

He turned to her with a wicked grin on his face, and a twinkle of his own in his eye,

"And it should take less than half an hour to explore this place, leaving up plenty of time to...get aquinted..."

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-24-2002 06:52 PM:

:: Dara smiled and walked over to the Sith Lord slowly, keeping her eyes on his. Stopping directly in front of DarkStar, she reached up with the cloth and gently wiped away some raindrops from his cheek. She let her finger trace down his jawline and then move lightly at a diagonal direction across his chest armor before speaking quietly ::

"Oh I'm sure we could probably find something to do to pass the time.."

:: She winked and then walked further into the foyer, looking up at the vast array of paintings hanging all around ::

"I wonder who used to live here, and what tales are left untold in this castle."

Posted by Drako on 08-25-2002 02:49 PM:

DarkStar chuckled quietly and ran his hand along the wall, removing it suddenly with a slight look of pain.

"I have heard humans say 'if these walls could talk', to me they do, and in this place I do not like what I hear. This place is dark and evil, what ever used to live here was a scourge upon the land,"

DarkStar's voice was hushed slightly, almost as though he expected this ancient darkness to overhear him and leap out at them.

Suddenly, and without warning, DarkStar's demeanor changed again, he smiled and moved gracefully around Dara, his hand lightly brushing her arm as he passed.

"But enough chit chat, let us quickly explore this place so we can get on to more important matters..."

The meaning was clear.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-26-2002 11:44 PM:

:: Trying to divert his attention away from her reddened cheeks, Dara glanced around the large, sunken living room area and a small hallway off to the right of the open fireplace seemed to beckon to her ::

"Let's start over there, shall we?"

:: She pointed to the hallway and then led the way across the room to the narrow, dark passage. Cobwebs were draped all around the three doorways, and as they stopped at the first room, the Sith Master gave a slight gesture and the door opened with a loud creak.

Walking inside slowly, the two saw twisted pictures of bloody scenes which decorated every part of the wall. Small statues of skeletal beings were lined up on a shelf just behind a massive desk made completely of glass. The walls glowed a faint deep crimson as they turned to face a lifesize sculpture of an elderly man. As Dara reached out to touch his outstretched hand, a loud screeching sound filled the room and a tall iron structure dropped from above and trapped them inside with the statue ::

Posted by Drako on 08-27-2002 04:43 PM:

DarkStar follwed her into the room, his assassin eyes taking in the entire room in a fraction of a second as he stood in the doorway.

When the iron structure fell DarkStar's movements were a blurr, spinning gracefully out of the way before it crashed down ontop of him.

He turned as Dara reached for the statue, with a look of abject horror on his face he lunged forward, his hand clamping around the Sith Masters wrist with inhuman strength. Probebly too much, but the look of desperation on his face seemed to justify it.

He moved her hand down, wether she tried to resist of not was irrelivent, panic gave the Sith Lord unimaginable strength.

"For the sake of all you hold dear, don't touch the statue!"

DarkStar's voice was filled with the same panic as his face, an unusual situation for the normally calm Sith Lord.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-29-2002 10:40 PM:

:: Coming out of an almost trace like state, Dara felt the pressure on her wrist and looked over at DarkStar ::

"Strange thing is.. is that I wasn't touching the statue of my own free will. Something drew me to it.. lifted my arm and then pulled my hand toward his hand. He seems to have a strange necklace on.. almost hypnotizing actually."

:: She slipped her wrist out of his grip and then looked out from inside the cylindrical prison they now found themselves inside of. Looking up at the opening at the top of the metal bars, the Sith Master called upon the Dark Side and then force jumped up and out of the enclosure where she landed with a flip ::

"You know, it doesn't feel like we are alone in here."

:: Dara looked over at DarkStar to see how he had assessed their situation ::

Posted by Drako on 08-30-2002 01:15 AM:

The ancient Sith cast a glance towards Dara to make sure she landed alrigh before turning his attention back to the statue. Dara had said it had drawn her on, he wasn't suprised, he too had noticed the necklace as well.

His had hand drifted unconciously to his waist and no [I]Widowmaker was in his hand, though unlit the dragon's head was open, ready to be actived at a moment's notice.

He stared at the necklace for a long moment before examining the statue very closely making sure he didn't touch it. Finally he straightened, his back to Dara, he flipped back and up to land, cat like, next to her. He continued to stare at the statue for a long moment before he looked over at her.

"I think m'lady, that we are very far from being alone, and I also think escape would be a wise course of action. I don't know what is here with is, but I think it is that same ancient evil I felt in the hall way,"

He met Dara eye to eye and, whilst there was no fear in the eyes of the ancient Sith there was a hint of worry but, not for himself, for Dara.

"Whatever it is, I think it is beyond the capacity of both of us to defeat..."

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-31-2002 05:27 PM:

:: Dara looked at DarkStar while he gave his assessment on the situation at hand. She then looked around the room once again before speaking quietly ::

"I would agree that whatever is in here is certainly something neither of us has encountered before. Perhaps we could leave this room for a visit another time. I'd like to do some research on it a bit before we return though. For now, let's go this way."

:: She touched his arm and then led him back out, retracing their steps as exactly as she could so as not to set off any other alarms or traps likely to be present in the mysterious room. The Sith Master closed the door slowly as they stepped out into the hall again.

Facing the sunken living room once again, Dara saw another hallway on the same side of the room from them. The two Sith approached the series of four doors, two on the left side of the hall and two to the right. Turning to the Sith Lord, she spoke quietly ::

"Well since I chose last time, it's your turn. Which door, Lord DarkStar?"

:: Dara smiled and winked at him as she waited to see which room he wanted to explore next ::

Posted by Drako on 08-31-2002 05:51 PM:

DarkStar looked at the four doors with a sort of detached gaze, finally he walked to the end of the hall and laid one hand on the wall. He turned to Dara, his eyes seemed glazed over and his voice seemed to come from far away.

"None of them..."

His second hand came up and pressed a rock, a seemingly random rock. For a moment nothing happened the there was a grating as a section of wall swung back, revealing a dark and dank stairway heading downwards. A blast of stale air emurged from the stairway, no one had been down there in a very long time.

He turned to look at Dara again, his brow furrowed in confusion, he opened his mouth to speak but stopped, coughing slightly on the stale air before speaking at last.

"It is impossible for me to forget anything. I am sure I have never been to this place before, yet I knew exactly where the button for the secret door was..."

His words trailed off, he didn't know what to say from there, he couldn't explain it at the moment. He shrugged and replaced Widowmaker on his belt. Taking a torch from the wall he moved into the stairwell, treading lightly on the time worn and damp steps he began the decend into the belly of the castle, pausing only to check that Dara was following him.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 08-31-2002 06:25 PM:

:: Dara raised an eyebrow as an evil grin curled upon her lips. This man never ceased to be able to surprise her, and she was finding herself gaining more respect for him the more time they spent together ::

"Well let's see what's down there then."

:: Dara grabbed the next torch from the wall and began following the Sith Lord down the stairwell. The steps themselves seemed to be formed in earth and there was a heavy moisture lingering in the air, making it almost tropical.

As she held the wooden torch in her right hand, she glided her left hand down the coarse wall which appeared to have a sort of vine embedded into the layer. The dim torchlight gave a shimmering reflection as crystals also set into the wall sparkled darkly.

DarkStar's steps slowed and her footfalls came to a halt when suddenly she felt something move by her leather boot. Holding the torch down to the stairs to see better, she did not find anything near her. Perhaps it was a mouse or other small creature seeking refuge in the seclusion of the underground. They began descending slowly once again as her Dark Side senses became fully attuned to her surroundings ::

Posted by Drako on 09-03-2002 04:38 PM:

DarkStar glanced back when he heard her stop. He saw her looking at the floor around her feet, a shadow of a memory flickered in his mind, but he hadn't completely acessed his locked memories yet.

He waited a moment for Dara to continue her way down the stairs. He raised a finger to his lips, not knowing what was waiting for them at the bottom but not want to alert it either.

At last they reached an oaken door, set between the two walls of the stairwell, some how DarkStar knew that beyond the door the left wall would disappear, opening up into an imence chasm and at the bottom would be, well, that memory hadn't surfaced yet, but he was sure it would.

He motioned Dara to help him and together they pushed the heavy door inwards, it creaked open with a sound that seemed cataclismic in the stillness of the stairwell. Instantly they were greated by the warm, foul smelling air that Dara had noticed at the top of the stairs.

DarkStar scrunched his nose up at the smell but started down anyway, transfering the torch to his left hand he ran his right against the wall for balance, it appeared to be a long drop on the left but there was something in the shadows that much was obvious.

The ancient Sith could feel mold and moss under his hand, fresh air and water were obviously more common in this chambre than there had been in the stairwell. He sniffed the air tentitivly, the smell was stronger the further down they went.

As they decended the stairs curled round to the left, leading them downwards, DarkStar couldn't tell how far they were below ground now, but he suspected well over a mile.

Finally the steps ran out, the cavern floor was apparently full of broken stalegmites, DarkStar could see nothing with his torch casting its glow around him so he extinguisted it. Keeping his back to Dara and her torch he waited for his eyes to accustomise themselves to the gloom.

Slowly they did, as they did he could see the source of his dread, memories flooded back to him of the last time he had seen such a creature, though even that one had been nothing compared to the size of this one.

Infront of the Sith Lord lay a Rancor, the bighest he had ever set eyes upon, the biggest anything he had ever set eyes upon. He was stood right infront of its mouth, gale force winds eminated from its cavernous mouth, each tooth towered three of four times the Sith Lord's hight and the bulk of the creature streached out behind it into the impenertrable darkness.

At last DarkStar's memory of the last time came flooding back, of his battle with the creature, of the destruction it had rought upon the planet it had inhabited and of DarkStar's final, desperate action to kill it.

"Oh,"

He said quietly,

"Now I remember..."

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 09-08-2002 01:47 AM:

:: Dara felt the humidity level continue to rise as they descended into darkness. She stayed close to the Sith Lord as she kept surveying their surroundings. It was pitch black and she was having difficulty even seeing her own hand in front of her let alone anything that might be lurking down there for the two Sith.

As DarkStar came to a halt, she too felt the gusting breeze of warm air coming at them from the depths of the unknown. As he held out his torch, her eyes became wide upon seeing the massive beast laying in front of them still mercifully asleep for some bizarre reason.

Without a word, she grabbed his hand and with strength surprising for one of her petite stature Dara pulled the Sith Lord back up the stairwell with her and then out the door into the hallway. The two of them breathed deeply as they took in what lay waiting for them beneath this structure. The Sith Master turned to him and spoke quietly in a breathless tone ::

"That was completely unexpected to say the least. And it was to our advantage that the Dark Side of fate stepped in for us as the creature was asleep as we stumbled upon it. I wonder how it has stayed alive all this time kept in the lower chambers of this estate. It would have to have a food source provided of some type."

:: Her eyes met his as she spoke in a whisper ::

"Perhaps, we are not alone here after all.."

Posted by Drako on 09-08-2002 04:10 PM:

DarkStar closed his eyes for a moment, composing himself and acessing his long dormant memories. Slowly he opened them and met Dara's gaze. His expression was dark, it was the sort of expression worn by a man who expects to die.

"If memory serves my lady, then the creature is in some sort of suspended animation, don't ask how it works because I never got a chance to study it,"

His thoughts seemed to drift for a moment, then horror dawned on his face. Without a word he set off at a run, headed back to where they had seen the statue. DarkStar lept down from the ledge, landing cat like he spun round to face the statue. The necklace was gone.

He swore and looked up at Dara who had followed him, his eyes met hers over the distance and something ineffable passed between them.

"I believe you are right my dear, and I think things just got a whole lot worse,"

The ground shook and deep below them, in the bowles of the earth there came a noise that sounded like a giant Rancor yawning, the beast was stiring in its sleep.

Posted by Dara Shadowtide on 09-25-2002 02:39 AM:

:: Dara felt the floor vibrate due to the movement of the creature below but it soon subsided and all became still once more. She looked over at the statue and noticed the necklace was gone. Turning to DarkStar, she spoke quietly ::

"I believe our best course of action would be to first, avoid the lower chamber and second, make a quick search of the other hallway."

:: Touching his arm lightly, she led him back to the series of four doors, two on the left side of the hall and two to the right. Turning to the Sith Lord, she gestured to the first door of the right and opened the door with a small force push.

Stepping inside, the two Sith saw bookshelves which ran from floor to ceiling. Ancient tomes covered in cobwebs stood untouched as they walked further inside. Reaching out with her heightened Dark Side senses, the Sith Master did not detect any other presence in the room. She spoke to DarkStar in almost a whisper ::

"I don't see anything in this room. Let's go to the next one."

:: They exited the library and moved to the second door on the right which had the door already propped ajar slightly. Pushing the door open with another force push, curtains blew in the wind from the open windows all around what looked to be a meeting room of some sort. Papers were scattered all along the floor as the tattered tapestries continued to billow in the breeze ::
Working...
X