X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new era

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-09-2002 10:38 AM:
    A new era

:: Following the advise of one of his fellow Sith, DM, walked into TSE HQ’s, so that he could try and find a chamber of his own ::

:: As he walked down the corridor, memories started haunting his brain. Flashbacks of how his father killed his mother. Of nearly losing his life many times, but mainly of his encounter with DEATH herself ::

:: He remembered his old master, Darth Vicious (DV), striking him with rays of crude raw force coming out of his hands, almost killing him. The pain, the agony, the suffering, he had been face to face with death, looking her in the eyes, and coming out of such meeting successfully, not by much though, and certainly not thanks to himself, but thanks to the mercy of the Sith Lord ::

:: During one of these meditation periods, is when DM realized, fear was his ally. While being struck by lightning, Mundus was asked whether he wanted to be death or be a Sith apprentice, the answer was easy, he opted for his second choice . Yet, he only turned to the Dark Side, cause his life was at steak, cause he was in pain, cause he did not want to die, cause he was afraid ::

:: After his duel with Death, DM learned how to overcome his fears, almost nothing could create the feeling of fear in DM’s heart. Even at times, DV, would think the Iridonian was fearless, he was far from wrong ::

:: All of a sudden his thoughts stopped and so did his feet. He found himself in front of an empty room. He proceeded to enter, only to discover the room was perfect. Not too big, neither too small; a bed, a desk, a chair, a closet, a small night stand, a little lamp. And a window, as the Zabrak approached such window, moonlight would reflect in his gaze, a strange image, his burning fire eyes and the reflection of the cold moonlight, strange indeed, however, mystic too. ::

:: He didn’t have much with him, just a small bag. From his looks, no one would be able to tell he was wealthy. Being one of the best as a bounty hunter, it was often many people throughout the galaxy would come and hire his services, paying stratospheric amounts of money. Pretty much all of his life was fixed, retirement was in the horizon for him. Until DV, stepped into his life that is. In order for Mundus to learn the ways of the Sith, the Iridonia native gave up his life of luxury, his spaceships, his castle, his droids, his slaves. Everything, except for his fortune. DV’s philosophy included the idea of keeping a low profile, so that when the time came to strike, absolutely no one would see him coming. This thinking was also adopted by DM, actually DV made him adopt it. However, the fortune of the former bounty hunter was kept, so that it would be easier for them to lurk in the shadows, to have eyes and ears in many solar systems, to have weapons at will, to be a Sith, without people knowing it ::

:: He then sat in the bed, taking out from the bag, his old master’s favorite weapon. A double bladed light saber, formed by two independent ones, each fully functional on his own, yet adapted so that both could be lit at the same time or not, so that they could be used as either as a double bladed weapon or as a single bladed one. He then stood up and lit both blades of “BLOODSHED”::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-09-2002 11:08 AM:

Xam was walking through the halls of the Headquarters, he just had recovered from his training with Lord Darkstar. Fighting with two lightsabres wasn't easy but very special.
    When he passed DM' room he stood still, Mundus was new here.

Mundus had a nice room, though it could be a little small for the him. DM was holding a double bladed lightsabre and seemed to like it very much.

"Hello Mundus, nice to see you again"

Xam turned his look to the lightsabre, he looked at it very carefully.

"Nice thing you're holding there but I prefer two lightsabres."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-09-2002 11:26 AM:

:: DM turned around as soon as he heard his name. He could see Xam standing in his room and with a wave of his hand he invited the Sith Disciple in ::

" Good evening Xam, indeed nice to see you again, please come in "

:: He then turned Bloodshed off, and shook hands with his guest :: " Indeed it is a very nice weapon " :: Added the Zabrak while looking at his old master’s blade. He then placed his hands in each of the ‘individual’ sabers and while pressing two small buttons at the same time, he spun his hands in opposite directions, taking the sabers apart ::" Is this what you mean you prefer? " :: He asked, as he handed the sabers to his fellow Sith and grinned a bit ::

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-09-2002 11:36 AM:

Xam was glad to see Mundus again, he shook hands and saw how he detached the sabres from each other.

"Yes, indeed, this is how I prefer it."

He lit the sabres but did no more. He didn't have the permission yet to fight with two sabres.

"Did you make them? They are made with great precision."

He gave the sabres back to Mundus.

"Can I take a seat ?"

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-09-2002 01:38 PM:

"Oh, please, do so " :: And while he said this he pulled out the chair that was over by the desk and offered it to Xam :: " I'm terribly sorry, where are my manners? "

:: DM then took the sabers, put them back together and placed the now one saber on the desk, he replied to Xam's question :: " No, I did not make them. They were given to me by my old Sith Master, Darth Vicious, he made it..them...whatever " :: Said the Zabrak as a very soft laugh was released from his mouth ::" Yes, my old master is the maker of 'BLOODSHED'... " :: And while he spoke his burning eyes, were somewhat lowered in intensity. Nostalgia could be seen in his look... ::

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-09-2002 01:47 PM:

"Ah, then he was good at making lightsabres"

Xam said while sitting on the chair DM gave him. There was something about this Darth Vicious..

"I heard your master is Lady Zena, I don't know very much about her but she must ve very good."

He watched the spikes on DM' head, he had seen Mundus in Rama's.

"It's nice to meet the closest relative from the Sith"

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-09-2002 02:20 PM:

" He was good at everything " :: Said the Iridonian as he took a deep breath ::

:: He turned back to Zam and replied :: "Yes, my master is Lady Zena, I barely know her too, but something tells me she's beyond good " :: Mundus carried on ::" Forgive me if I can't offer you anything, such as a drink or a snack, but right now I have nothing, seeing as how I just got here" :: He them remembered Xam at the table in Rama's and said :: " Oh, yes, I rememer seeing you at the bar earilier today, the "hair" joke, right? " :: DM just let had to laugh ::l

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-09-2002 03:03 PM:

"The "hair" joke? I don't remember that one. Oh it's no problem, I was heading to Rama's right now, you want to come?"

Xam was in a good mood this day, his training was going well and meeting another member of the empire made him feel even more glad.

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-10-2002 12:26 PM:

" Thanks, I appreciate your invitation. However, I think I'm gonna stay, try to get acquianted with the room and put some of my stuff in order " :: Said the large Zabrak to his Sith peer, then he added :: "Though, a few drinks do not sound that bad.....How long are you gonna be there, I might catch you up later..." :: Then he gave it a second thought :: " ...or you can always bring something on your way back, or somebody that way I can have company while working here "

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-10-2002 12:37 PM:

"Oh, no it's all right, I'll stay then"

Xam wasn't actually heading to Rama's but he asked it to know if Mundus wanted to go somewhere else without him knowing.
    He also could go and get some drinks in Rama's but he would wait to do that, now he was too curious about Mundus and his sabre.

"Can you fight with that sabre yet ?"

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-10-2002 01:23 PM:

" Can I fight with this sabre yet? Hmmmm...." :: Mundus thought for a moment then replied :: " If you mean it regarding whether I know how to wield or not. Yes, I may not be the best fighter with it, yet, but I did receive the recquired training from my old master, at least enough training not to get myself killed with it " :: As DM laughed he remembered is old master, Darth Vicious. A Sith Lord who nearly killed him, yet took him under his wing and transformed him into a slaying machine with a bloodthirst not easy to quench. The Sith Lord who baptized him as Darth Mundus, and sent his real name into oblivion. A name DM doesn't even remember ::

:: The Iridonian who seemed to be lost in flashbacks snapped out of it and continued :: " As if your question refers whether my new Master, Lady Zena, allows me to use it nowadays, well...that's something I'll have to ask her once my training should commence "

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-10-2002 02:22 PM:

"very interesting.." Xam folded his arms and enjoyed of the calm, dark room..

"Nice room you've got here but I doubt that you will spend a lot of time here"

Xam laughed :"You will only be here to rest and heal from your wounds, haha"

This was the truth, training in The Empire mostly ended with broken bones or wounds..

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-10-2002 02:47 PM:

" HAHAHA...I couldn't agree with you more my friend, I too doubt that I will spend much time in here. I'm sure you'll agree with me we are here for many things, but rest " :: DM took a seat on the bed, while reaching into his bag ::

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-11-2002 08:02 AM:

Xam simply nodded and took his lightsabre from his belt, he watched at it and switched it on. A crimson ion blade appeared.

"Look, this is "Bloodstorm", I got this sabre from my father just before he died."

Xam was the fighter type and not really interested in force techinques.. He switched the sabre off and threw it towards Mundus.

"catch"

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-11-2002 09:07 AM:

:: DM raised his arm close to his chest, and caught "Bloodstorm". Before saying anything he took a close look at Xam's weapon, admiring it. He then lit it and a few words escaped his mouth ::" A fine weapon if I may say so. You said your father gave it to you. Did he built it? Was he a Sith? " :: Right as he turned the lightsaber off, he added :: " With my questions I mean not to disturb you, if I do, please let me know and we will not talk about such topic "

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-11-2002 09:16 AM:

"No, it'll go, my father got it from a friend who was a sith. He gave it to my father to protect the family but my father had no choice of sacrifising his life, otherwise they would have killed me and my parents gave their lives to keep me and my sister alive..
    Soon I'll have a second one, I will build it with Lord Darkstar."

Xam didn't move his eyes from the sarbe, it was the only thing he had from his father, the rest were memories, dead memories...

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-11-2002 09:43 AM:

:: The Sith Apprentice with the tattooed face, could sense sadness and nostalgia in Xam's words and eyes. Mundus too, knew what it meant to talk about the death of his family. Yet it was quite different, Xam's father sacrificed his life for the safety of his beloved ones. DM's father on the other hand, took the life of his spouse. For a minute the Zabrak, wished he could have experienced a feeling like that, having a father figure willing to give up everything in order to protect his family. Then he gained composure again and came back to his usual Sith-self ::

" I need not be some kind of genius to realize this is a priceless item for you. Here, it is one refined lightsaber. " :: He then turned the weapon back to his owner ::

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-11-2002 11:29 AM:

Xam stopped thinking about the tragic happening from 2 years ago, it was selfish of Xam to constantly think about his own troubles.
    He took "Bloodstorm" back and put it back on it's usual place on his belt.

"Oh, yes it is a good weapon. I am very attached to it.. I think I'll go and get some drinks at Rama's, I'll be right back"

Xam stood up, lifted the chair with the force and put it back on its place so Mundus wouldn't have to move.
    He inclined his head and left. He walked through the hall, he met some people he knew but didn't stay to talk.
    Arriving at Rama's he had to make his way through the crowd.

"So, this is where everyone is."

He ordered 2 bottles of whine, 2 JD's and a bottle of water. He payed it and made his way back to Mundus' room.

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-11-2002 12:21 PM:

:: Mundus nodded to Xam and saw him depart. As soon as Xam left, the Iridonian sat on the bed, reached into his bag and pulled out a picture. A picture of a female Zabrak, a woman, one of the only two women who had cared for him in his earlier years. It was a picture of her mother ::

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-11-2002 12:24 PM:

:: Mundus then set that picture aside, he put his hand back in his bag and took out another picture. It was another female Zabrak, not his nother though, this one was of a lady, whom he met as a bounty hunter, a woman who perfectly understood him, his long time lover, murdered in Mundus's castle, by an unidentified attacker who the large Zabrak thinks, is still on the loose ::

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-11-2002 12:25 PM:

:: Mundus just stared at the pictures as he got lost in his own memories, that were not that many. first his mother, then his soon to be spouse ::

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-11-2002 12:31 PM:

:: Lissania, Mundus's fiancé ::

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-11-2002 12:38 PM:

:: The ten horn headed Sith's mother ::

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-11-2002 12:40 PM:

OCC: sorry about so many li'l posts instead of a long one, but I had one too many problems uploading the pics, sorry!!!

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-12-2002 10:49 AM:

Xam came back in, Mundus could see 4 bottles in his pockets and one bottle of water in his hand. He put the bottles on a table and opened a bottle of whine. He searched for glasses but didn't find some..

"Well, whine, to celebrate your arrival in the headquarters but.. do you have a glass ?"

He laughed at his stupid question and smiled.

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-13-2002 01:00 PM:

:: DM just broke out in laughter :: " I'm afraid I do not have any glasses, my friend " :: He then shrunk his shoulders and nodded his head sideways ::

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-13-2002 01:32 PM:

Xam stopped laughing, it wasn't a real problem, he could use his lightsabre to make two arts of the bottle and melt them together but it would be a job to do with great precizion.

"You know what? I'm just gonna open a second bottle so we both have one"

Xam opened the second bottle of whine while talking and gave it to Mundus, Xam drank a bit of the good liquid and put it back on the table.
    Xam went to sit again and saw two pictures on Mundus' bed. Xam was intruiged by the one with a female Zabrak on.

"Who are these persons on the pictures ?"

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-13-2002 03:05 PM:

:: Mundus took the second bottle and moved his arm in a toast gesture::

:: Once the Iridonian heard Xam's question, he had already stopped laughing, but every trace of a smile and good humor, suddenly faded away once his guest was done with it ::

:: By no means was Mundus uncomfortable or upset with Xam's question, the memories were just painful ::

" Those would be my mother...yeah that one, and my once to be spoushe...yes...she...the one in the dessert. They are both dead now..."

:: For the first time in years, was the fire in the Zabrak's eye, somewhat extint ::

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-13-2002 03:15 PM:

Xam looked at both, ah, logic that it was his mother, a Zabrak but the other one was a human though it could be a Zabrak because he saw some very small horns on her head.. Zabrak then.

"I'm sorry to hear that but you know, we all have bad memories.. Just don't think about it except if you need to."

Xam toasted and a smile appeared upon his face, it was true that the bad memories were like fuel to call upon the dark side..

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-14-2002 06:26 PM:

"Indeed my friend, we all have bad memories, some of them we don't want them in our heads, yet they remain. Strange, don't you think? I mean, that, and the fact that there are many other things you try to remember and you just can't....no matter how hard you try...you just can't..."

:: Melancoly could be seen in the Zabrak's look, he took a sip of the botte of wine that Xam had brought and continued ::

"My mother, she died in my arms, my father killed her, he had crushed every bone in her body, he used to beat us like if we were some sort of beasts. He fractured her skull and left her there, bleeding to death"

:: DM, was taken back to that moment a memory he certainly did not want, but that would remain until the last of his days and then some ::

"Not many things do I remember about my mother, not even her name, yet that moment...I can still see it as if it had just happened minutes ago..."

"And Lissania...my fiancé...her name means 'The deliverer of joy' and that's what she was to me. With her I found feelings I never knew I had, I was ready to begin a new life, retirement from the bounty hunter life was just a few days away until...one day I came home from the last of my assignments and I found a river of blood heading into our room..."

"Red was all you could see when you walked into the chamber..."

"I found her cowardly slaughtered...mutilitated...by a perpetrator who tried to steal my fortune, but couldn't. From what I could gather in the crime scene, Lissania had struggled, aparently she had could the burglar and tried to stop him, but didn't succed. She was not only murdered...but....but...*****...violated..."

"I will never forget that day either, and I will never forgive myself for not finding the ******* who did it, my gut tells me son of a gun is still on the loose"

:: Once Mundus was done saying this, nostalgia was transformed into anger, the fire in his eyes was burning once again, only this time it was with even more intensity. He had taken something out of his chest that not many people knew. It was painful, but it was one of those pains that oddly enough felt good. He then took a very big sip of his glass and now relaxed and calmed turned to Xam and raised his bottle towards his ::

Posted by Xam Feldek on 09-15-2002 04:15 AM:

Xam listened to the story and when Mundus was finished he let a sigh..

"Perhaps you can remember all of that because you have unfinished business, you will find the murderer, that's for sure."

Xam tried to smile and toasted once again, the flames were bursting out of Mundus' eyes.

"If you want, we could have a fight to calm your hatred down"

Xam laughed and drank a bit of his whine..

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-15-2002 12:15 PM:

"HAHAHA...Cheers mate!!! :: Said the Iridonian to Xam :: "I don't think I could fight you right now my friend. Sure it is quite a good way to vent our thoughts. But I'd rather just keep the wine coming. HAHAHA"

Posted by Darth Mundus on 09-24-2002 01:47 PM:

:: After a while drinking, Xam had left, leaving DM alone with his thoughts and his mind. Wondering what fate had in store for him in this A NEW ERA in his life ::
Working...
X