X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Scars-First Blood (open)

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 08-19-2002 05:16 PM:
    Battle Scars-First Blood (open)

*After her first grueling training routine in the Training Grounds with her master, Dara Shadowtide, Nikka stumbled down the corridor and into the med bay. Her clothes were tore around her abdomen and thigh where Dara's saber slashed at her flesh. She held her hand close to her body as it bled freely and felt as if it were broken, also scarred from her master's saber blade. The back of her head just below the base of her skull was gushing with blood and she had countless bruises and cuts all over her body. She hardly felt any pain, but knew her body was beginning to feel weak and knew it was time to visit a medical droid.

Just as she stepped inside, her injured knee buckled from beneath her and she fell to the ground, now feeling the effects from her first training session. Her face winced and she suddenly wondered if anyone would pass the area and help her stand up.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 08-19-2002 08:06 PM:

Sneering at the fact there were no men in the immediate area to assist her friend Nikka, Zena decided to take matters in her own hands cursing about the lack of chivalry in some of the Sith males. Zena herself had just been released from the medical center following an arduous training period with her Master, Jedah Lynch. She had endured a near death experience at his merciless hands for failing to execute an unarmed civilian.

"Nikka...Let me help you...Where in the blazes is everyone?!"

She knelt down and took Nikka's hand as she wrapped her arm about her neck, and lifted her slowly, noting the weakness in her altered her complexion to a parlor white. Taking moderate steps further into med-bay, Zena shouted for the med-droids to assist her wounded comrade.

"Move it you blasted droids!!..We have a wounded Sith soldier here!!" She barked like a drill sergeant.

The medical droid in charge took one look at Nikka, then ordered her to be placed in a bacta tank. Zena assisted in disrobing her friend and placing the breath mask over her mouth. Nikka was slowly lowered into the healing fluids of the precious bacta as she observed her compatriot floating vulnerably in the pool of recuperating liquids, a massive scar stretched over her abdominal region. Zena momentarily cringed as she recalled the nasty scar by her ribs Lynch branded her with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 08-19-2002 08:14 PM:

*Nikka was on the brink unconsciousness as she lay on the ground near the medbay, but she felt herself being lifted from the ground, being carried and heard the muffled sounds of a female voice. She opened her eyes just slightly and saw a blurred image of being in the med bay and Zena standing over her.*

*As a mask was placed over her face, she closed her eyes again, falling in a sleep that was deep enough to appear as cold as death. The wounded Sith was totally unaware of being lowered into the bacta fluid.*

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 08-20-2002 10:41 PM:

--------------------------------
    Several hours had passed since Nikka's near death experience. She remained inside the bacta fluid in a comatose state, obviously unaware if anyone was around her at all. Her pale, white face was twisted in a ghastly manner, as if she were in pain. She managed to open her eyes just barely a few times as her body remained in a healing state, but that was the only sign that she was still alive. The droids worked frantically around the clock to keep her vitals up and made sure they stayed that way as the watched many monitors that were hooked up around her. How these electronic beings could care for human life was unexplainable, but they always kept the job done. One never made a mistake.

Those that knew Nikka well knew she wouldn't approve of such a method of healing. She always chose to let herself heal the natural way and to endure pain with no sedatives or anesthetic treatments. To her, it made her stronger to bear pain in this manner instead of relying on modern technology to do the job for her. In the end, bearing through the pain would fuel her anger and rage. For she beared the most excruciating of pain beared by a woman more than a year ago, and if that wasn't enough, emotional pain of losing her newborn child.

So what was worse, emotional or physical pain? Both can be very devastating if not handled in the correct way. Nikka utilized both emotional and physical pain to grow powerful in the Dark Side. Everything she lived for before the Empire seemed to fall together and guide her to her destiny. For her fate has now been sealed.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-21-2002 12:03 AM:

As Talus was exploring more of the Sith Empire's headquarter, he noticed the med bay.

With Lord Darkstar as my master, I'll more than likely have to become familiar with this place. He mused to himself as he peered inside. As he looked around he noticed a head of red hair he was becoming more and more familiar with; Nikka? A look of concern crossed his face as he moved closer to the bacta tank, then a blush as he realized he'd wandered in on his vulnerable comrade, in a most vulnerable state averting his eyes, he barked at a droid. "Medbot, here now!" Talus' intense eyes and tone warned the droid to comply to his command for fear of future body work and rewiring.

"Yes Disciple Invictus, how may I attend to you?" the droid asked inquisitively.

"I'm fine you bucket of bolts, how is Ms. Darkstorm?" He growled back. Talus was unsure why he had more than a passing concern for this injured comrade of his, but then again Talus had never been apart of a group, he was normally a hired gun, working for the organization who offered the most benefits.

"She will recover, sir. However there will be a nasty scar for sometime. " the droid complied.

Talus glanced at her face, she appeared to be sleeping as her beautiful red hair floated in the bacta. Talus did not look at the droid when he spoke; "How did this happen." The edge was gone from his voice, instead there was what could only be descriped as concern.

"The cause of the wound is unknown, Mr. Invictus. She was brought in by Dark Lady Zena. " The droid answered.

It was then that Talus first noticed Zena sititng in the corner, nodding his head low, he acquired a stool and sat a few feet away from the bacta, watching Nikka's face as the bacta bubbled around it. His gaze did not wander from her face, it never crossed his mind to look anywhere else.

We spend our entire lives believing ourselves untouchable, then one day we show up here, at the Empire, and we are showed just how arrogant we are and how fragile we are as well. I must learn that I am not as powerful as I think I am. I should learn to focus my intensity completely towards my training and begin to give up, so of my self-assuming habits. As he finished his though, he bowed his head half in shame and half in concern for his comrade.

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 08-21-2002 11:08 PM:

*A few more hours passed. Nikka was lying on one of the med bay beds with bandages around her head, chest, stomach and arms to assist in more healing. The little droids still monitored her vital signs and they appeared to be stable once again. She had a few complications from her head injuries, but she appeared to be coming out of it just fine.*

*Her eyes peered open just slightly, then all the way, but she still felt weak to look around. After a few moments of wondering where she was, it finally came to play that she was in the med bay and had suffered injuries from her training.*

"He-hello? Is.. anyone there?"

*Her voice was faint and weak, but she did manage to groan slightly after barely speaking. A droid rolled over to her bed and began to speak in its mechanical voice.*

"It's alright, M'Lady. Do not try and strain yourself. You've suffered many injuries.

*She managed to nod, but just slightly. What she couldn't give to slice that droid's head off for having such an annoying voice, but she knew the Empire would frown on that.*

"Is anyone else here besides this talking machine?"

*She called out almost in a whisper, wishing someone more human was nearby.*

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 08-22-2002 08:42 AM:

Zena spoke to Nikka through the DarkForce as she exited the medbay, having pressing business to attend to. While nodding to Talus with a wink, she jerked her head in Nikka's direction as a hint to make conversation wth her wounded friend.

You had us worried, Nikka. Welcome to the world of the conscious...Talus is here, he shall keep you company. Rest well, and heal up for your next training session. I am sure I shall spend another visit in here soon as well. Enjoy the taste of Bacta, she chuckled dispersing the area.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-22-2002 01:03 PM:

Talus rose quietly and strode quietly to Nikka's side, as he moved closer a droid got in his way, he began to knock it aside for hovering so close to his wounded comrade, but he realized the droid was just trying to help his friend. "I am here m'lady." Talus whispered silently as he brushed a few strands of her long red hair out her face. "Is there anything you need?" He asked like a child.

Then his tone changed as he turned to a droid that was seemingly doing nothing; "Tinman, why don't you make yourself useful and bring her a glass of ice water, now." Talus growled and sneered at the droid as he said those words. Turning back to Nikka his visage changed and voice as well, it was quiet and soft and his face was that of a school boy. "Are you feeling better?" As he awaited Nikka's answer he pulled a stool closer to her bed to sit and attend to her.

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 08-22-2002 02:12 PM:

*Nikka heard the voice of Zena speak in her head and managed a slight smile. She raised her hand slightly and waved to her fellow comrade as she exited the med bay. Her head never ached so bad in her life. She could sure use any type of pain relievers right about now. *

"Thank you for looking after me, my friend. I am truly in your debt."

*The recovering Disciple then turned toward her comrade Talus, trying not to strain her neck any. She was so embarrassed letting him see her like this, but knew he was there to wish her well. She slowly nodded and smiled to him as he sat down next to her bed. A smile brushed across her face as he cleared the strands of hair from her eyes. Just as she began to speak, a droid rolled over to her bed with a small container of water.*

"I think so... How long have I been here?"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-22-2002 06:06 PM:

"Only a few hours... I take it training did not go as well as hoped?" Talus attempted to smile at his even weaker attempt at a joke. He placed a straw in the cup of water and held it up to her mouth; "Here drink, it will get the taste of bacta out of your mouth." Talus looked down softly on the wounded woman, as he held the cup for her.

"Do you need anything else?" Talus asked, then his voice became a bit sterner as he looked about; "These droids are absolutely worthless, they should be glad that Lord Darkstar would have my hide if I turned them all into scrap, like they deserve." His voice again changed as he looked Nikka in the face, softly he spoke; "Is there anything I can do for you?"

I hate this! Why must I be so weak around her? I am a Sith, I should not have these feelings. Talus tried to steel himself, but as he looked down on Nikka's face he felt himeslf melt again. Because she is beautiful. Beautiful, strong, cunning, a Sith, like me.

"Anything you need, my friend. Your wish is my only command."

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 08-22-2002 07:21 PM:

*Nikka raised her head up slightly and sipped from the straw with Talus' aid in helping her. After swallowing a few drops of the liquid, her thirst was quenched and she laid her head back down on the pillow.*

"All I remember is taking a sharp blow to the head and the rest is faded. Master Shadowtide is not going to be pleased that I've failed her..."

*Her voice was solemn and full of disappointment from failing in her first training session. She dreaded the moment when Dara walks in the medbay and see her apprentice looking like this. She shook her head slightly when he asked if there was anything else she needed, and then laughed as he expressed his feelings for the med bay droids, no doubt having the same feelings as she does about them. How annoying they can be with their incessant beeping in your ears 24/7.*

"I see you despise these infernal contraptions as well."

*She spoke weakly once again and managed a small laugh again. Her gaze caught his just as he looked into her eyes. His features were so strong and robust, she felt her heart begin to quiver inside her chest. The heart monitor next to her bed began to show her heart race increase. One of the droids hurried over to her bed to see what was wrong, but Nikka motioned it away without a word. She kept her gaze upon Talus and spoke again.*

"You didn't have to stay with me this long. You should be with your master."

*She brushed her hand lightly against his before lying it back down on the bed, smiling.*

"Thank you."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-22-2002 09:04 PM:

"Lord Darkstar calls for me when he wishes for be to be in his prescense and when he doesn't I am free to do as I wish." Talus answered, And what I wish is to stay in your company for as long as possible. Talus quickly dismissed those thoughts, questioning himself as to where they could have sprung from.

Then trying to change the subject he smiled and joked; "Besides Lord Darkstar is notorious for creating patients for these infernal walking rust buckets and I'm going to need a pretty young nurse to take care of my wounds, because I refuse to let these damn things touch me." Talus sneered mischeiviously as he batted away a med droid.

He tried to avoid looking in her eyes, he felt as if he was telling her everything he thought and felt when he gazed into her eyes, but he couldn't avoid it. He dared not look anywhere else for fear of never seeing those beautiful windows into the abyss again.

You're perfect. That was what he felt, its the same continous thought that passed through his mind anytime he looked at her. He hated himself for it, for he felt that affection was a weakness and yet when he was near her he felt that he could face Lord Darkstar himself and not be afraid. What was he feeling he didn't know and was afraid to find out.

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 08-22-2002 10:08 PM:

"You may stay if you wish then."

*Nikka didn't wish to be selfish. She knew that he could be training with his master right now, but for some reason, she needed him to be there with her right now. There was something about the way he looked at her...how the look in his eyes seem to captivate her. She fought with every fiber in her being to deny that she was beginning to feel attracted toward him. Perhaps the way he was attending to her every need was making her feel closer to him.*

"Well, maybe if you're lying here in this bed someday, I'll be the one to look after you."

*She said smiling weakly, reaching for the glass of water next to her again.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-23-2002 01:23 PM:

Slowly rising Talus looked down at Nikka's face softly; "If you wish for me to leave you, I will do as you ask. I do not wish to bother you." As he spoke he ran the tip of his middle and forefinger down the side of Nikka's face from her temple and then tracing down the outline of her jaw. A look of shock came over him as he did; What have I done? and he seemed embarrased as he spoke.

"Excuse me, I have forgotten my place, I don't know why I dared to do that." His facial features showed his embarrasment and shame as his cheeks became as flush as his dark skin tone would show. "I...I should go." As he turned to leave.

Posted by Nikka on 08-23-2002 01:42 PM:

*Nikka saw the embarrassment on his face and started to say something, but she couldn't say anything. She suddenly began to feel embarrassed herself and simply turned her head and closed her eyes. She sighed under her breath.*

By the Force, I've never felt so stupid...

*As she turned again, she opened her eyes and saw that he was leaving. Guessing this was another one that would slip away, she just watched him as he left the medbay.*

"Thank you, again."

*The sound of her voice in his head sounded almost solemn as she sent him the message via the Force. By then, another droid rolled over to the side of her bed. She gazed at it, then gathered what strength she had left and concentrated fully on the annoying object, sending it crashing into the wall behind it. It wasn't enough to damage the droid, just knock the hell out of it for bothering her. She grinned, then closed her eyes again, drifting off to rest up for her next training session.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-23-2002 03:02 PM:

What are you doing?! This thought raced through his head as he turned back around towards Nikka. He smiled at her seemingly frail frame that he knew housed a powerful soul. He approached her bed slowly and softly trying not to rouse her.

I have no idea, but I have to. A second thought seemed to answer his own question, Talus was unaware from where it came. Stopping at the head of her bed he leaned down slowly and smiled. He couldn't control himself anymore, all his years of being alone, shutting the world out, creating a barrier against being attached to anything or anyone, it was all crumbling in the radiance of her beautiful face. Talus leaned ever closer to her his nose nearly touching hers, he breathed softly and whispered; "You're welcome."

Posted by Nikka on 08-23-2002 03:44 PM:

Nikka was exhausted, but had not fallen asleep just yet. She felt a slight, soft breathing on her face and opened her eyes slightly, seeing the blurred face of Talus leaning down close to her. She closed her eyes again and began to drift off to sleep, hoping someone would be there when she awoke. Just before she drifted off, she managed to whisper to him:

"Don't leave...."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-23-2002 07:19 PM:

As Nikka drifted off, Talus leaned down and kissed her forehead gently; "I never will, I never will."

He bowed his head as he grabbed a seat and sat by her bed and waited for the Helenesque Disciple to awaken

Posted by Nikka on 08-23-2002 10:02 PM:

~~~~
    The cold and damp night air gusted through her hair as she was running in the darkness. A vast array of lights were flashing from behind her, many yards away. They were after her again. She could tell they were getting more and more closer to catching up with her. It was getting so foggy around her that she could barely see, but she kept going. No matter what, she had to keep running.... She was beginning to wear out though, and had to stop to rest soon as soon as she could find a place to hide out for the night.

Nikka continued to run as fast as her feet and legs could. Then, she felt herself being thrown into the air as she tripped over a branch and landed hard on the cool grass. She screamed into the night and the glaring, white lights grew brighter and brighter as they were getting closer to her.

Nikka prayed for anyone to get her out of this.

She scurried to her feet and began to run again, dodging every branch, tree or brush that got in her face. The fog was getting more and more dense as she pressed on into the forest.

Thunk!!!

She felt herself tumble to the ground.

The man stood over her.

She screamed.

The blaster was pointed at her head....

The trigger was pulled.

Vision fades to black....
    ~~~~~~

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

*The dark scream was heard all the way down the halls of the Headquarters, more than likely waking everyone from their sleep.*

*Nikka sat straight up in the bed covered in sweat, gasping for air. One of the IV's hooked into her vein had come out of her arm from where she tossed and turned for most of the evening. The bandages covering her head had come loose, as well as many others that were wrapped around her arms, chest, legs, and stomach. Her water had been knocked off of the table and splashed all over the floor.*

Another dream...

*The shaken Disciple sat there for another moment, nearly petrified, trying to sort all that had happened in the dream and looked around to see where she was.*

"Where the hell am I?!!!"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-24-2002 03:42 PM:

Talus opened his eyes quickly. He had been resting by his friends side and was awakened suddenly by her cries. Quickly he reached out to her and placed his hand firmly on her shoulder and held her so she didn't fall out of bed. Leaning over he wiped her perspiring brown with his large hand's and cooed softly in her ear.

"It's ok, t'is only a dream. shh... be still now. I'm here, I will protect you." Gently he ran her hair through his hands and smiled at her as she laid back down. In unusual change he spoke gently to one of the med droids; "She needs her bandages attended to and please see if she needs anything for the pain or to sleep."

Talus rose and walked to a sink splashing cold water in his face and then took a sip to quench his thirst. He then retook his sentry position near Nikka.

Posted by Nikka on 08-24-2002 09:59 PM:

*Without realizing it, Nikka threw her arms around Talus as he came near her. She continued to hold on to him closely for a brief moment while he spoke softly to her. As she began to calm down, she laid back down in the bed, pulling the covers all around her. She looked toward Talus who had water splashed on his face. He looked exhausted.*

"You're still here.."

*She smiled at him, fully calmed down from her nightmare. The med droid then approached her bed and began rewrapping her bandages with fully new ones. Nikka's face turned as red as her hair since she wasn't all the way clothed from being in a bacta tank for several hours. The droid then inquired her if she needed anything else and she declined.*

*After the droid changed her bandages, Nikka was growing tired of lying flat on her back and sat up in the bed more. Her back had grown sore from laying there for so many hours.*

"I'm sorry I woke you."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-25-2002 03:22 PM:

Grinning Talus lied; "I wasn't sleeping, merely resting my eyes, they've been overworked gazing on such a sleeping beauty as yoursef." He blushed when he realized he'd embarassed Nikka because of her lack of "dress" and the fact that he hadn't taken his eyes off of her since she rose in her bed. He tried to turn his head a bit as she was covered by her new bandages.

"Are you rested?" He asked with concern.

Posted by Nikka on 08-26-2002 03:20 AM:

*Nikka blushed as he called her 'sleeping beauty'. It was very flattering to be called that, just kind of strange from someone else. Nikka had been very closed off since her recent ordeal, but she had to let it go.*

*She yawned slightly and nodded while pulling a shirt over her head. The bandages were in place and Nikka needed to wear something so she didn't freeze in that drafty medbay. She then pulled the covers more around her to stay more warm.*

"I believe so."

*She grinned and had a feeling he was fibbing about not being asleep. She could see it in his face that he was exhausted himself and needed rest.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-26-2002 11:13 PM:

Smiling he rose; "It is good to see you are feeling better. I hope your dreams were not too disturbing." He leaned forward, placing his elbows on the bed and his hands in his face; rubbing his dark eyes to keep them open.

Talus then looked at Nikka his smile was odd though; "This med bay is a bit chilly is it not? If you feel up to it and the med droids will release you, I could help you to your quarters where you could put on something more to your liking and you could rest in the comfort of your own bed."

Posted by Nikka on 08-26-2002 11:21 PM:

*She nodded at the idea of getting out of the medbay and being in her own bed. Then the memories of the dream returned. The images that were jumbled up together from first waking had fallen into place. She shuddered and pulled the covers around herself tighter.*

"It was...nearly frightening...but why? I've never feared a dream in my life..."

*What she recalled was something that happened to her in the past. She was being chased by a group of loyalists after killing off her adoptive parents. They were loyal to their family and when they got the word that they were dead, they pursued Nikka. Nikka did escape them, though...but in the dream, she didn't. At the waking moment, one of them aimed a blaster at her head and pulled the trigger...*

*She swung her legs around the bed so that they were hanging off the side and grabbed her cloak off the shelf with aid of the Dark Side. She needed to go for a walk and clear her mind. After slipping the robe over her shoulders, she stood up and nearly fell over. She grasped onto the railing of the bed and soon regained her balance.*

"Let's take a walk, shall we? I need to stretch a bit."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-28-2002 06:01 PM:

Talus nodded; he needed to move a bit he was a bit of a restless soul to begin with and sitting by the bed side of a friend was not his forte. As the cloak floated towards Nikka, Talus snatched it out of the air and held it opened it so that Nikka could slip into it.

"As you wish." That was all he said, it was all he needed to say.

Posted by Nikka on 08-28-2002 07:52 PM:

*Nikka paused from slipping her robe on as Talus began to help her. She wrapped it around her shoulders just as he did and caught his gaze again. She brushed her hand over his arm lightly while he was placing it around her shoulders, her eyes melted into his for a brief moment.*

This might be the closest to holding him I'll ever get...

*She thought to herself, her gaze beginning to move very close to his. She pulled away just a bit, feeling rather awkward, but smiled at him.*

"Thanks..."

*The droid saw that she was leaving and began unhooking the IV needle from her arm. Nikka rolled her eyes and was running out of patience as it worked, although it worked to keep her from bleeding to death. As the droid finished bandaging her arm, she began to walk out of the medbay and into the corridor, leading Talus out beside her.*

*As they made their way out into the hall, Nikka still had a hard time regaining the use of her legs and was walking rather slow. She had hoped that Talus would not walk too far ahead of her and felt she might have to have his aid if she were to feel weak and fall. The Disciple's strength was returning to her, but only gradually and she needed as much time to recuperate as possible. Nikka then thought of her next training session with her master and wondered what would happen if she failed again. She sighed deeply. The woman wanted so much to prove herself it was turning into an obsession of sorts. This would begin to spark new fire within her...A fire that would fuel the Dark Side.*

*She looked to Talus again, trying to cover an affection for him in her eyes, but it was so hard. For one to go out of their way and look after someone, that was a trait that Nikka found very attractive.*

"So... how's the training going?"

Gah...what a dumb question...

*Nikka shook her head slightly, continuing the stroll down the corridor.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-29-2002 09:50 PM:

Talus smiled; "Fine, no sparring yet, I've only fought with some droids and done some force lifting practice. Not much of anything too dangerous. Lord Darkstar says I'm progressing much faster than normal, hopefully that will continue in my combat training."

Talus noticed her stumble a bit in her step, smiling he offered his arm as a brace for her, to assist her. Trust me his smile seemed to say; "Please allow me."

As they continued down the hall Talus did not speak much, he asked Nikka a impresonal questions, letting her answer as she saw fit. Then he began to ask her more about herself.

"So what led you to the Empire?"

Posted by Nikka on 08-29-2002 11:14 PM:

*Nikka took ahold of his arm and held on to assist in staying on her feet better. She looked to him and smiled again and nodded in appreciation to his helping her. As the continued their stroll, she noticed he was very silent.. as if he was a bit shy, until he asked her about how she came to the Empire.*

"I originally joined over a year ago when I was 8 months pregnant, but I had to leave due to complications. I rejoined about 6 months ago."

*She paused and sighed briefly and then continued, brushing a strand of hair out of her eyes.*

"I was married once, but my husband died suddenly and I had to leave from my home planet, so that pretty much lead me here... I guess you know the rest of the story. I would give anything to find the killer."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-31-2002 10:05 PM:

Talus remained quiet, he didn't know what to say.

What? How can I? There is nothing I could say....

He stopped in the middle of the hall, his eyes somehow didn't look as cold or hard as they normally were. There was moisture in them, he'd never felt like this before. "I'm... sor...I..." He stopped, there was nothing he could say or do, he couldn't understand teh loss of a family member, he'd never had a family or a loved one. Lord Darkstar was the closest thing to family he had and now Nikka, but she seemed closer than family, more than that.

I wish I could make all the hurt go away, knew exactly what to say or do to make you forget the pain, but I'm as lost as a child.

He looked in her eyes as the thoughts crossed his mind, gently he took hold of her hand and held it gently and loosely. Then he gave her his arm again and begin walking down the halls.

Posted by Nikka on 09-01-2002 04:35 AM:

*Nikka noticed Talus stop in his tracks and looked up at him. His eyes seemed to glaze into dark pools of water. Then, as he looked to her and took her hand in his, she almost knew he was beginning to feel the remorse she has felt for the past year. Placing her hand to the side of his face, she gave him a warm smile and then the look of concern. She spoke in a soft, hushed voice so nobody would overhear her as they passed them in the hall, though the situation would be very clear to any who gazed upon them.*

"Talus... it is alright. I have mourned my loss and though I still do, I've moved on. Yes, it is hard to fight the overflow emotion, but it can't overtake us."

*She softly caressed the side of his face before taking his arm as he offered it to her again. Still looking up to him, her voice spoke in his mind. As she did so, she reached up with the strength she had left and placed a gentle kiss to his cheek, laying her head on his shoulder to rest from stretching up so fast.*

"Please do not cry..it's ok."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-02-2002 12:02 PM:

"Cry, I've never cried in my life and this will not be the first time." Talus said meekly. He looked at her and smiled.

"If you ever need anyone to vent at, to beat up, to scream at I'll be by your side with a word." He raised her hand up to his lips and kissed it gently. "I will be at your side whenever you need me and whatever you need me for."

Posted by Nikka on 09-02-2002 12:27 PM:

*Smiling, she patted his arm lightly, blushing as he kissed her hand. Then they began to walk more down the corridor at a slow pace.*

"So..what led you to the Empire, if you don't mind my asking."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-03-2002 06:12 AM:

"I'm not really sure, I didn't even know what this place was. I had heard rumors of Sith still surviving from students at the Jedi academy, when I was expelled for harming another student and being to agressive I decided to find this place and train here instead." Talus smiled and continued walking; "Its been a real experience for me, I never had a family and now I have Lord Darkstar to watch over me and my brothers and sisters in the Empire to stand beside me. Never had a reason to fight or cause to work for besides my own survival, now I'm part of TSE, I'm apart of something greater than the sum of it's parts."

Then he stopped and took Nikka in his arms; "I've also never had anyone who I could fall in love with, see myself fighting for, dying for. A person worth living for. It seems that too has changed." His cold dark eyes lightened, he smiled sheepishly and looked directly into Nikka's eyes, leaning forward he wasn't sure what he was doing, but it came natural.

Posted by Nikka on 09-03-2002 07:28 AM:

*Nikka listened intently to his story and found it rather intriguing. They seemed to have similar stories as to what lead them to the Sith Empire... although her story involved her life being threatened by the loyalist on Hapes.*

*She kept her stride down the hall along with him for a few minutes until he stopped and looked to her, nearly taken by surprise that he just wrapped his arms around her. As he spoke to her again, she melted, wrapping her arms around him as well. She was about to say something in return to him when it happened... her gaze was fading into his, moving closer to him just as he was moving close to her. It was then that their lips met in a soft, yet deep, passionate kiss. And it was then that she could think of no one else but him.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-04-2002 08:29 AM:

As she kissed him Talus felt a wave of warmth pass through his body then a chill. He pulled her as close to him as possible and began to kiss her with more fervor. He had never kissed anyone before, always too much of a loner even the *****s in the Hutt bars on Tattoine stayed away from him out of fear of his cold nature. But his nature when he was with Nikka changed, it became warm, excitable, he seemed to be on edge with her. Finally he broke away from the kiss, he couldn't stop smiling, he looked like a fool who had just won the Coruscant world lottery.

"I umm... I... I don't know what to say." he fiddled with the words hoping she would say something that would make some sort of sense to him, since he had no clue what the bloody hell was going on, he just knew that he liked it.

Posted by Nikka on 09-04-2002 10:06 AM:

*Nikka felt her heart and soul explode as he kissed her deeper. Nobody had ever made her feel this way in such a long time and being held by him in this moment was the only thing she wanted. As he broke away from her and smiled at her, she just stared into his eyes, and how they seemed to hypnotize her. When he spoke, her expression never changed and she leaned her head on his shoulder, whispering in his ear.*

"You don't have to say anything. Just hold me...and get me out of this drafty hall..."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-05-2002 03:04 PM:

Pulling the beautiful warrior closer to him he smiled and then suddenly lifted her in the air, he smiled and laughed; "Which one of these rooms belongs to you and I will carry you there so you won't be affected by the draft." He smiled at the precious packaged he carried in his arms, awaiting her answer.

Posted by Nikka on 09-05-2002 04:17 PM:

*She held onto his shoulders as he lifted her in his arms and smiled as much as she could, still being a little weak. This was intoxicating to her. No one had ever held her this way. As he asked for directions to her quarters, she pointed to the next corridor down the hall.*

"Through that corridor, last door on the right."

*She whispered into his ear softly once again.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-05-2002 09:44 PM:

Talus nodded and began walking carrying her in his arms, it was so natural to him. When she whispered in his ear he felt his knees become weak, but he held firm. He carried her to her door and waited for her to unlock it, never letting her down once. He didn't want to let her out of his arms.

Posted by Nikka on 09-05-2002 10:09 PM:

*As they approached the door to her quarters, she typed in the code on the control pad to unlock it and it slid open. It was dark inside, no lights were lit at all. A low humming was heard from her computer terminal, but that was no bother for her. It sometimes helped her sleep.*

Nikka touched a single button and some of the lights came on, but the room was still rather dim.

*The inside was fairly simple when looked upon. There was of course a bed, which was place on the far right wall and a nightstand next to that. Sitting on the inner wall closer to the bed was her computer terminal, stacked with datapads where her jounals were kept as well as her other personal possesions. On the far left wall, a doorway was seen, which lead to the refresher area and on the next wall closest to the door stood a chest, with several drawers where Nikka kept all of her attire. Two black candles were sat on each far corner of the dresser, used in Nikka's meditation routines. Finally, in the far left corner sat a small couch, draped in black velvet with a small table setting in front of that. Nikka wasn't into decroating very much, but it looked homely enough to her.*

*Nikka was still floating as Talus was holding her and awaited to be carried inside.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-05-2002 11:08 PM:

Talus carried her over the threshold smiling at his beautiful package he had wrapped in his arms.

"It's beautiful and perfect, much like the one I carry in my arms." He knelt down and kissed her gently and then let her down on her feet. "I can leave now if you need your privacy." He spoke softly.

Posted by Nikka on 09-06-2002 11:13 AM:

*Nikka still kept her arms wrapped around him when he placed her back on her feet and kissed him in return. She was going insane being in his presence, as well as being in his arms.*

"You may stay if you wish...I enjoy your company." She whispered, placing her hands to the sides of his face and then around his shoulders again. "But I don't wish to keep you from your duties..."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-06-2002 09:31 PM:

Talus stood there with her arms wrapped around him, almost as if she would not release him if he tried to leave. He nodded his expression not changing at all from the amazement it had from when he first kissed her.

"Whatever m'lady wishes, I will not disobey, nor refuse what she asks of me. I have no duties to attend to, Lord Darkstar has given me a day to recouperate from training so I have tomorrow off." He in turn wrapped his arms around her waist and interlocked his hands on the small of her back. He kissed her again, and repeated the words, "Anything"

Posted by Nikka on 09-07-2002 12:43 AM:

*Nikka smiled, but was nervous. Tension was building in her veins as well as butterflies in her stomach. It had been so long since she had been alone with someone and she didn't know what to expect. But Nikka knew that Talus was a respectful man and he wouldn't take advantage of her.

This is perfect. I could stay like this forever.She thought to herself while he was still holding her. She then motioned toward the couch with a nod of her head. Her feet were beginning to hurt and she needed a change of clothes.*

"You may sit down if need be. I need to get out of these clothes anyway... uhhhm....change.. my clothes." She chuckled dryly, what she had just said and broke from his warm embrace. Nikka's clothes were still torn from her training session and she needed fresh ones.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-07-2002 02:39 PM:

"Take your time, I'm not going anywhere, especially if your getting out of your clothes." He winked and laughed as he made a play on Nikka's mispoken words. Tired he leaned against the door waiting for her to return to the room. He rubbed his eyes and yawned a bit. He had been up for quite sometime.

Posted by Nikka on 09-07-2002 06:50 PM:

*Nikka smirked and winked back just as she turned to head into the refresher. When she walked inside and shut the door, she pressed her back against the door and exhaled deeply. She had never felt so nervous in her life. Exhaling again, she retrieved her gown from of the hook on the door and began to change into it. It was black, long, coming down below her knees, long sleeved and low cut across the neckline. Nikka felt very comfortable wearing it to bed at night despite the fact she couldn't sleep half of the night. She wondered if tonight would be the same old story.*

*Sighing heavily, she slipped her robe back on and opened the door and peered out, stepping back out into her room. Talus was leaning on the main door to her room. She stood in the doorway, almost frozen, but slowly began to approach him. The long black robe and gown flowed loosely around her as if she had walked into a zephyr of darkness--the storm that raged inside her had calmed. She folded her arms over her stomach and gave him a coy grin.*

"I'm back." She cooed seductively. "Miss me?"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-07-2002 08:13 PM:

Talus stood straight up as the beautiful Sith Warrior entered the room in a mind-blowing black gown. He grinned like a cheshire cat; "More than you could imagine,"

Stepping towards her he pulled his long black dreads behind him and laughed; "So are you expecting someone else? Because that dress certainly isn't meant for me." Grabbing her by the waist he pulled her close and kissed her deeply. His reserved nature was checked at the door, no one was watching his everymove here, he could be human.

Posted by Nikka on 09-07-2002 09:27 PM:

*Nikka just smiled almost shyly at his compliment on the gown, but didn't have time to reply as he embraced her in his arms and kissed her again. She broke away, fearing she would begin to lose control of herself and looked into his eyes.*

"Oh, I don't believe anyone else would be around this time of the night... wouldn't you agree?"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-07-2002 09:53 PM:

"I guess not," Talus gave Nikka a quick peck on the lips and smiled. "Wanna give me the tour?" He smiled, he was so scared, for the first time in his life he wasn't in control of himself. He couldn't resist the urge to hold her or kiss her when it came over him. And the worst part was that he enjoyed this lack of self-control, it intoxicated him.

Posted by Nikka on 09-07-2002 10:26 PM:

*She shrugged and motioned toward the room with her arm. Breaking from him slightly, she walked with him around the spacious room, pointing out everything that was there.*

"Well first off, my clothes go here," she began, motioning toward her dresser. "I don't keep many, just a few things. I'm not really much into variety. And, this of course, is where I sleep...if I can." She said chuckling slightly while gesturing toward her bed. "I've probably spent more time in Rama's and training than I have in this room."

*Nikka then gestured to the large window across from the bed with a bay-window type sill. "And if I get bored of spending time there, I usually sit here and gaze out at the moonlight...or the next storm brewing in the distance. I find lightning storms very fascinating, but then again what Sith wouldn't." She laughed.*

*Nikka's legs began to weaken from beneath her just a little and she sat down rather abruptly in the window sill. She pulled her right leg over her left knee and began to rub her ankle gently as a light pain was shooting through it. It was apparent that Nikka had not completely recovered from her injuries.*

*Continuing on, she pointed toward the computer terminal that was stacked with data pads and other materials, "I do a lot of research there plus I write very personal journal entries whenever I can." Focusing on the Force, she levitated one of the data pads over to her hand and grasped it out of the air. "I've been trying to track down the people that tried to kill me. So far, no such luck."

*She sighed, and a very hopeless one at that. Something told her if she didn't find them soon, they would be after her before she had time to react.*

*Looking to Talus, who had taken in all of the surroundings, she motioned for him to sit down.*

"So what do you think?"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-07-2002 10:53 PM:

Talus sat down slowly next to her when she motioned him too, he gingerly took the data pad out of her hands and smiled as he took her ankle into his large hands. "Rest and relax, now is not the time to be focusing on revenge, when you are among the Emprire you are safe from all your enemies. In time you will be able to hunt them down and make them pay hundredfold for their crimes against you. But for the moment let me take care of you."

He smiled as he began to massage her foot gently, taking care to rub each beautiful toe and the arch of her elgant foot. He then moved his hands slowly to her ankle and began rubbing the soreness out of it. He smiled mischievously and the bent of and kissed the soul of her feet softly. He breathed calmly on the bottom of her foot, and noticed the goosebumps on her legs as they formed. He continued to rub her ankle and then began massaging her calve. He laughed at doing a task that if anyone else had ever asked him to do, he would have declared beneath him. But Nikka was different, nothing was beneath him with her, nor nothing unattainable for that matter as well. He was happy and for once he didn't feel that infernal void in his chest.

Posted by Nikka on 09-07-2002 11:42 PM:

"It's hard to rest when they're still out there and they got away with taking my husband's life... I even regreted the day I fled for not making them pay for what they did. When I left, all I had was a box of clothes, books and his lightsaber. I didn't even know how to use it... I felt a hate and power building up inside me, but never weilded anything to take control of it until I came here, and now that I've got the right tools, it seems harder than before. I should have just taken the opportunity when I could have...."

*Nikka sighed, her voice breaking as tears welled up in her eyes. Then, she felt his hand grasp at her foot and leg. She didn't even realize it until she stopped talking.. and the chills ran clear from her toes all the way up her spine. She leaned back on one of the large pillows in the window sill, closing her eyes and let her troubles drift away in the way he was touching her now.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-07-2002 11:52 PM:

A rage built inside of Talus as she spoke of the pain she had been put through. But he stifled it closed it up in the back of his mind. If she asked it he would help her find her enemies and serve their heads to her on a silver platter. He watched as she leaned back resting her eyes and body. He continued to rub her ankle and calve. He devoted all of his attention to her needs.

When he was certain he had relaxed her foot enough to quench the pain he leaned forward and kissed the dried tears off of her face. he sat there beside her watching her, adoring her, worshipping her.

Posted by Nikka on 09-08-2002 12:21 AM:

*She smiled, feeling the light kisses to her cheeks. There was no care in the universe for her now. Everything had now drifted away. Talus had washed away all of her cares and worries in his kisses. Opening her eyes, she saw him gazing down into hers and smiled again.*

"Have you ever just...wanted all the burdens to just go away and never return to you again?"

*She took his hand and kissed it softly and sat up a little bit more, still remaining reclined somewhat. The pale, silvery glow from the moonlight began to shine down in the window, illuminating the area. Nikka diverted her gaze into the moonlight briefly as it beamed down on her face. Moving over closer to Talus just a bit, she rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, letting out a soft sigh.*

"Sometimes I wish running away from those problems never happened."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 02:08 PM:

Talus breathed softly as she spoke and looked at her; "But then you'd be dead instead of my arms right now." He barely whispred that into her ear and then nuzzled her neck with his nose. He was comfortable and content to lie next to her and listen to her voice. It soothed him and he knew that often those who were troubled felt better after revealing that which troubles them.

"Do you wish to talk about it?" He asked calmly.

Posted by Nikka on 09-09-2002 03:14 PM:

*She looked to him again, brushing her lips against his forehead and shook her head. It was too difficult to think about it right now. Too many things were building up at once for her to talk about it, one being the fact that she spent most of her time running from her problems and now she knows she is going to have to face them as soon as possible.*

"If I ever decide to go... will you come with me?" She spoke softly, resting her hand on the side of his face.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 04:26 PM:

"If it is my place to stand at your side, I will be there. All you have to do is ask." He replied. He rolled to his side and draped his left arm over her, holding her by her right hip. He smiled down at her as he spoke the words. His dreads hung off his head to his right and he pulled them back away from her.

Posted by Nikka on 09-09-2002 05:17 PM:

*Nikka rolled to her side as well, resting her hand on his shoulder. Her temperature and heart rate had probably risen significantly in the last few minutes. She wondered what would happen next as they lay there, continuing to hold each other.*

"I do need you..."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 05:41 PM:

Talus eyes grew wider as she said the words; "I do need you. " He was unaccustomed to words of affection. He looked at her bewildered somewhat. He had been so aggressive with her, so deep was his desire for her that he fought his own personality and natural reactions to be with her. And now he was deathly afraid. He didn't know how to react. Didn't know what to say. He just froze.

"You do...?" Was all he could manage. He'd been alright if she'd said that she wanted her to help avenge her enemies to fight along side her as a fellow Sith, but for her to need him. He didn't know how to react to it.

Posted by Nikka on 09-09-2002 06:16 PM:

*Nikka just pulled him closer to her, the only answer coming to mind is showing him. No word ever escaped her lips as she kissed him again. It was the only thing she could think to do, that and trying to supress everything else that had been on her mind for the entire evening.*

*Being there with him made her feel stronger and more willing to fight for what she believed in. She believed in setting things right, even if it meant taking the lives of the ones who assassinated her husband and then tried to go after her.*

*She broke away from him for an instant, looking into his eyes. She started to say something again, but the crisp look in his dark eyes pulled her in, as well as the robust, strong features of his face. Nikka was giving in as she kissed him, this time more aggressive and stern-- her arms wrapped tightly around his neck and back. She was losing herself in the blissful joy of being wrapped inside his arms. Nothing else would ever come close.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 09:06 PM:

Wow The one thought crossed his mind, before his instincts took over and he held tight to her kissing her back passionately. He was completely overwhelmed by her show of affection and all he could do was follow her lead.

Posted by Nikka on 09-09-2002 10:32 PM:

I can't believe this is happening. She tried her best to suppress the thought, but it flowed forth like a river and repeated over and over in her mind. Sitting up, she lead Talus up and broke away from him. She looked down and seemed a little embarrassed of her actions and could sense that he was overwhelmed from them as well. Her face was so red from her temperature rising about ten degrees. Nikka hadn't felt this way in a long time and was a little scared. Abruptly standing up from the window sill, she stood and sat down on the edge of the bed, sighing. Looking toward Talus, who had not taken his eyes off of her since she broke from him, she frowned and buried her face in her hands.

"I'm sorry."

She spoke in his mind with the Force.

"It's... been so long."

Her breathing had increased and she had to catch her breath before she could speak. Nikka forgot how it was to feel this way and was overwhelmed herself.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 10:38 PM:

Talus stood up after he heard her thoughts in his mind.

He walked over to her and fell to his knees. Lifting her face gently out of her hands; "It's ok. I've never experience anything like this. I don't know what to expect." He gently kissed her again.

"I can leave if you don't feel comfortable with my being here with you alone." He smiled sincerely. It may have been a long time for her, but he was a complete novice and unsure about how to handle the emotions he felt.

Posted by Nikka on 09-09-2002 10:54 PM:

*A smile broke through her distressed face as he took her hands and kissed her. She felt a little relieved that she wasn't the only one that felt that way.*

"No, it's ok." She looked into his eyes. "I'm alright. How can I feel uncomfortable around you." She smiled. "You're so... wonderful."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-09-2002 11:24 PM:

Talus roared with laughter; "Wonderful, now there's a term I don't think anyone has ever used to describe me. Talus the Wonderful, yes that will strike fear in the hearts of Jedi throughout the galaxy." He continued chuckling then smiled warmly at her

"But from you, it means alot..." He rose and walked to a chair to sit.

Posted by Nikka on 09-09-2002 11:36 PM:

*Nikka laughed heartily as well at her choice of words. Turning, she watched as he moved over to the chair and sat down.*

"Yeah I guess it was a little... mushy." She laughed again and stood from the bed, moving over to her computer terminal. Underneath there was a small cabinet where she kept a cooler with water and other drinks in it.

"Can I offer you a bottled water or anything? I really don't keep much in here."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-10-2002 12:28 AM:

"A water would be nice and a kiss nicer still." He smiled as he took the bottle of water out of her hand and pulled her close to him. He leaned in as if to kiss her when he stopped and asked "So tell me, how much do you fear Talus the Wonderful?" He couldn't keep from cracking a smile as he made the comment to Nikka. He would never let her live down what she had said. And he wanted her to know it.

Posted by Nikka on 09-10-2002 10:48 AM:

*Nikka embraced him in her arms just as he pulled her closer and smiled. She chuckled slightly at the comment.*

"I have no reason to fear you." She whispered softly. "The only thing I fear is... is losing you." She looked down, fighting back tears. "I do not want the cycle to repeat itself."

*Nikka sighed and held onto to him tightly, never wanting to let him go. The thought of losing someone who meant so much to her was devastating and she couldn't keep the thought out of her mind.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-10-2002 04:55 PM:

He smiled and laughed; "Then you fear the impossible, Nikka, for I will not leave you and no one is going to kill me. I'm Talus the Wonderful remember, beloved champion of all the universe." He grinned and kissed her, he stopped and laughed again; "Besides it's too much fun to kiss you for me to leave." He kissed her again, nudging at her as he kissed her. He ran his hands around her waist and pulled her all the way too him.

Posted by Nikka on 09-10-2002 05:56 PM:

*Nikka chuckled and then kissed him back softly. Things seemed to be growing more and more intense. A fire raged inside her heart every time he kissed her. She broke away from his kiss again and looked at him. She was falling helplessly for him. No way could she deny it at the way he was holding her tightly. Never did Nikka want to break away from his strong, warm embrace again that night.*

He's alone with me... in my quarters... and I don't know what to do...

*The thoughts swirled angrily through her head as she continued to stare into the dark pools of his eyes. Her gaze was showing helplessness. She couldn't even speak. She was frozen. Nikka felt she had wandered into a dream.*

"I..I..."

*She began to utter the words, but instead, moved in abruptly, kissing him again, more passionate and deeper than before. In this moment, actions would speak louder than words.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-10-2002 10:13 PM:

As Nikka pulled away from Talus he thought to himself; Why do you keep pulling away from me? Am I doing something wrong? Are you uncomfortable around me? Self-doubt was taking it's toll, he wondered what he should do. He just looked up at Nikka confused and bewildered.

Posted by Nikka on 09-11-2002 12:25 AM:

*Nikka just continued to hold him close, forever cherishing this moment with him. She still didn't say anything. She just couldn't. Instead, she spoke in his mind via the Force.*

Forgive me for pulling away. I just had to look upon your face again.

*She kissed him again, feeling so weak in the knees she could collapse right there, but held strong.*

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-12-2002 06:41 PM:

Often Talus fought anyone invading his mind, even his master, Lord Darkstar was often met with a token resistance, but Nikka was different, she had complete access to his thoughts, he couldn't have fought her if he wanted to, something about her made him defenseless.

"It's ok..." He whispered between kisses. Then he pressed his lips to hers passionately and began caressing her back as he kissed her, running his hand gentely up her spine.

Posted by Nikka on 09-12-2002 09:48 PM:

What am I going to do now? I cannot let go of him... Nikka thought in the moment her hands ran through his dreadlocked hair and then down to his shoulders. Moving closer to the foot of the bed, she climbed upon the edge and rested on her knees. She still held Talus close to her and continued to kiss him. She couldn't believe that a simple walk from the medbay would lead her here alone with him, but it all felt right in her mind.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 09-12-2002 09:57 PM:

As Nikka pulled Talus down on the bed, he held on to her tightly kissing her passionately the whole time. He gently ran his hands up and placed them on her face as he kissed her back. Reaching over to his left he groped for the light switch and found it. Darkness....

"I love you Nikka."

Posted by Nikka on 09-13-2002 04:01 PM:

"I love you, Nikka."

*There were those words. He said them just before he took her in his arms. This is it. This is truly it. Those were the only thoughts that could come to her mind as she lay there beside him. She had never felt emotions run so high before, even with anyone else and that was how she knew this was right. And she knew he was definitely right. The connection felt with him was so strong and powerful in her heart, nothing could ever break it. Not even the cold face of death. For she knew that even if he were to be enveloped in death, she would still feel his presence. Nikka never felt this type of connection when she was with anyone else, not even her husband. Seemed he was truly in the past as well as others. Nikka could see the future in his eyes as well as feel it in the strength of his arms.*

*Just as he turned off the lights, she felt ready. There was so much more she wanted to say to him. Passion was burning so deep, she couldn't think straight to speak anyway, but in one instant, she managed to whisper in between kisses... and so forth.*

"I love you, Talus."
Working...
X