X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Beautiful Mind. (Open)

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 08-01-2002 02:39 PM:
    A Beautiful Mind. (Open)

In a life time.. a person can ask several questions.. without getting any answers... therefor leaving them in a deep state of confusion and loss... but sometimes it didn't have to be several questions.. at least not for Brigid McKnight.

The simple question of.. what's your name? was even hard for her to answer... because she simply didn't know. Her past was gone... and she didn't even know what was to come in her future. At least not at this point and time..

Brigid held on tightly to the books that were now stacked up in her arms... she didn't even count how many she had taken, she just took as many as she could lift... this habit of reading hundreds of books a week was starting to worry her.. but she just couldn't stop.

She wanted to know more about the worlds around her.. she wanted to know about the things she had before she had lost her memory... and most of all.. she wanted to know about herself... but she wouldn't find answers like that in dictionaries or mathematics books.

Perhaps I could find something in a recent history book about species that have mood changing eye color she mused silently to herself... continuing her walk down the seemingly endless hallways.

Or maybe... I could ask a... Without warning a large neo titanium pole seemed to place itself right in the center of the winding corridor... with herself deep in thought.. she didn't realize and slammed right into it, dropping all her books to the floor.

With her eyes slowly coming back into focus.. she sneered at the pole and bent down to pick the rather large books that fell to the ground. Mumbling softly about her own clumsiness....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Klis on 08-01-2002 04:11 PM:

Klis was walking quite quickly a few meters away, he turned a corner, his eyes entranced into another random book about the force, dull indeed but educational. His mind oblivious to everything around him.
    To his and Brigid's misfourtune he didn't see her, tripping and stumbling forward, his head slamming into the pole. He slid down the pole and landed face first.
    "Ow.."
    Was the only thing he could manage to say.
    Within a moments pass he came-to taking in his surroundings, trying to understand what the hell just happend.
    Once it all came together, he scrambled to his feet and assisted Brigid in gathering her books.
    "I'm so so sorry... Are you alright?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Brigid McKnight on 08-01-2002 04:23 PM:

Brigid grunted rather loudly when she was pressed to the floor... What have I done now?! she grumbled and sat up, only to find her new acquaintance, Klis, helping her with her book issue.

A sudden streak of pain zipped up her neck and right to her head... causing another grunt to form upon her lips. Narrowing her eyes slightly, she gathered up the last of her books and nodded a quick thank you.. before standing.

"No... it is my fault... if I had been paying attention to where I was going in the first place.. this wouldn't have happened."

A very... rare brilliant smile came to tug at the corner of her lips.. but was quickly replaced by a frown... just what she needed... a sprained neck.

"Thank you though..."

Posted by Klis on 08-01-2002 04:29 PM:

His eyes glowed mellowly, with a feeling of embarassed regret.
    "No no.. not your fault at all.. Blame it on the pole. I'm sure that's what started everything. Are you okay?"
    He rubbed the top of his head with a pained expression crossing his face.
    He glanced over all her books.
    "Read much?"

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 08-01-2002 04:36 PM:

"I'm fine.. I think.."

Rubbing the back of her neck, Brigid looked over the books that were now once again stacked up in her arms and smiled... it was impossible to not read much... in her case.

Nodding slightly, she shrugged only to drop on of the books off the top of the stack.

"Heck yeah. I can't stop."

Posted by Klis on 08-01-2002 04:41 PM:

Klis caught the book with the force, pulling it into his hands, reading the title and flipping through the pages. He took more than half of her books.
    "C'mon, I'll walk ya to your destination. Where were you goin?"

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 08-01-2002 04:53 PM:

Brigid looked down the hallway toward her room... she wasn't sure if she wanted to invite him in... being he might be pulverized by all the books that filled her humble abode.

Shaking the thought from her mind, she cantered her head forward toward her dormitory and smiled.

"I am going to my room... you are welcome to join me if you like... but I warn you.. you might get a headache from all the books... the last guest I had is still in the med-bay from a migraine.

Of course she was kidding... but she wouldn't be surprised if it happened one day... starting back on her way to her room, she stopped at her door and awaited for him to catch up.

Posted by Klis on 08-01-2002 04:56 PM:

Klis cackled at her statement, but he shook his head.
    "No-no, don't let me intrude if you're busy. I don't mean to be a bother."
    He followed her to her room. He studied her eyes, trying to read if she didn't want him in her room. He'd completely understand.

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 08-01-2002 05:12 PM:

"You're no bother. Really." she smiled and and shifted the books she was holding into one arm... so she was able to fiddle with the I.D lock she had on the door.

Walking forward.. without slowing her pace, she slams her hand against the identilock only to walk into the unmoving obstacle. She cursed at the door quite a few times before she was calm enough to try the lock again... and after a few seconds... the door slowly slid open under her fierce glowering gaze.

But she wasn't pacified... not in the least...

"Do come in..."

Posted by Klis on 08-05-2002 11:59 PM:

Klis nods and enters, he finds an empty spot on the floor and sets the books his was carrying down. Taking the books she was holding and tossing them on top of the pile. He tucks the literature he was reading into his coat.
    His eyes glow brightly, in sheer amazement.
    "And you've read all these?"

OOC: Sorry about the delay in response time.

"So, too, our grandsires will rise from the ground
    They break their fast on the first part of us
    They will consume us whole."

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 08-21-2002 07:13 PM:

"Except for those four over there and the ones we just brought in." She explained quietly, gesturing around the room with her gloved hand.

Brigid found it strange that she liked to read so much.. and she was sure other people thought the same... but.. it didn't matter what people thought of her.. not in the least.. or did it?

Shrugging slightly, she smirked and stretched

"Some people enjoy reading... I am one of them.. but I am not exactly sure why.."
Working...
X