• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The search for retribution (repost)

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/7/01 2:26:14 pm)
    The search for retribution
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :: Sitting on his bed trying to do what he can to put his memories of being tortured for information out of his mind, Trace finds his thoughts drifting back to his adventure with Mari, when he happened to locate her ship’s transponder signal and aid her in getting her crashed ship off the planet she had been stranded on.

Some of the things she had told him about her past were bothering him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ...my mother was taken by bounty hunters. I believe that she was brought to a Jedi group. I began to search for her and stowed away on a transport barge. I was discovered and a control collar was put on my neck. I was sold to a king and was made his... personnal slave.

Knowing this about her past had been eating at him since he learned of it. It was a vengeful jealousy that had been building up inside of him. He needed to find out if there was any way that he could take revenge on the people responsible for bringing her such torment and pain as they had. She had not directly told him that was the case, but he knew just by the sound of her voice and the distance and gleam of despite in her eyes when she told him, that it was true.

Feeling his anger rise as he thought more and more about it, he realized that he couldn’t just leave it be, something had to be done to ease his mind, which may possibly even bring her some satisfaction as well. These people would have to pay for their deeds with their lives, after they were made to endure unimaginable pain.

With a look of determination written on his face, he rose from his bed and left his room, arriving shortly thereafter at Mari’s door. He pressed the button at the side of the door, announcing his arrival, and waited to see if she was in so that he might tell her of what he had in mind and see if she could remember any details of where she had been so that vengeance could be exacted. ::

Sith Warrior of the Sith Empire
    Apprentice to Dalethria Mal Pannis
    Older brother of Rama Sha and Alisa Sha
    Brother in-law to Nuriko Hessen Sha
    Heir to the Throne of Ord Mantell.
    View Bio

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/7/01 3:05:33 pm)
    Re: The search for retribution
    *Closing her eyes against the darkness of the room, Mari shifts on the cold floor, crossing her legs under her. She is leaning on her bed, bored out of her mind, and unable to sleep, trying to expel ghosts of the past from her mind.

She lifts her head and looks curiously at the door at a sound, and wonders who it could be. She gets to her feet and cuts the lights on, scrubbing a hand through her hair, and touches the side of the door lightly, causing it to beep and slide open. She is surprised to see a very determined looking Trace at the other end of her door, and hesitantly stands to the side and motions him to enter.*

"Would you like to come in...?"

Sith Knight of the Sith Empire
    Apprentice to Darth Phantom
    Wields a Moonbladeand an orange light
    saber made by Darth Ogre
    Owner of the Mors Dominae
    Soul Walker

[My Board] [Sith Empire]

Edited by: Mari Bean at: 1/7/01 3:36:34 pm

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/7/01 3:15:20 pm)
    :: The somewhat stern expression of determination on his face was replaced with a glow of happiness as the door opened and her saw Mari. It had been a week since they had gotten back from their shared plight and he had not seen much of her since then. Seeing her again made a warm feeling he hadn’t had since they were last together wash over him. ::

“I hope I’m not interrupting anything.”

:: He stepped into the doorway, and it closed behind him. His eyes were fixed on hers as he stood and inquired. ::

“Can we talk about something?”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/7/01 3:36:03 pm)
    *She tries to convince herself that she does not know why his face lit up when he saw her, and fails, for she knows exactly why his expression changed, and finds it difficult to keep her own features smooth. She had actually began to think he had forgotten her since she usually didn't leave her room.*

"Oh, you're not interrupting anything..."

*the door slides shut, leaving the two of them standing alone and looking into each others eyes. She blinks slowly as he he makes his inquiry, puzzlement and concern mingling in her eyes.*

"Of course. What is it?"

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/7/01 4:17:06 pm)
    :: He looked from side to side, looking for a place to sit while they conversed, and decided he would wait until she offered a place to him. He began to speak to her, his fire at finding retribution for that which he speaks burning in his eyes. ::

“Something has been bothering me ever since you mentioned it to me. You may not want to talk about it and I can understand if you don’t, but I was hoping to learn more about your past, when you were made to be a slave. It sickens me to know you were treated in such a manner and I wish to take the anger I have over it, out on the ones responsible."

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/7/01 6:51:32 pm)
    *She notices him looking around her modestly furnished quarters, a small bed, and a wooden table with three chairs and a stool it's only occupants, and two small doors, one leading to her shower and the other to a closet. She offers him a chair as he speaks and sits on the edge of her bed.

Pain begins to show in her eyes as his words remind her of her past, and is suddenly replaced by confusion.*

"Why are you so angry about something that happened to me?"
    *Her words are hardly a whisper as she says them.*
    "Why do you care?"

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/7/01 7:03:00 pm)
    :: He takes the chair and spins it around, its back at his chest as he sits in it, only a short distance from where she sat on her bed. The rage in his eyes quickly softens as she speaks and is replaced by a bit of a smirk, almost as if he was expecting this type of answer. He had come to know Mari very well in the time they had spent together and he realized she was trying to push away something, which he knew was within her. ::

“You have captured my soul Mari. From the first moment I laid eyes on you my heart was forever lost to me, belonging to you. I know you already know this and I think I may know why you are trying to deny it by acting as if you don’t feel the same. Didn't you tell me to 'live off your emotions and follow your heart'? Thats exactly what I am doing.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/7/01 7:49:00 pm)
    *She nearly chokes on the air that she is breathing as he answers, his words taking her completely off guard. She looks at his face and sees the smirk, and chuckles quietly, still a little flustered. She reaches a hand to the back of her head and gives him an 'innocent' look.*

"If I had known you were going to actually listen to my advice, I wouldn't have given it."

*She begans to hope, hope that this was the end of her repeatingly betraying everything she loved.*

"So... what is it exactly you want to know about them?"

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/8/01 9:37:09 pm)
    :: His serious expression fades into one of amusement but quickly changes back to one of determination and strong will, the look in his eyes making his sincerity evident as he replied. ::

“They were wise words from someone I love and respect.”

:: He reaches out his hand and gently pushes aside a stray strand of her hair that had fallen over her forehead and was partially obscuring her eyes from him, his fingers running along her cheek softly before he pulls his hand back towards himself and rests it on the top of the chair back he is leaning on. :: ::

“I’d like to know where this supposed ‘King’ resides. Do you have any ideas of where this took place? His name, the planet you were on, or anything that might help me find where it could have been, if not.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/9/01 8:03:38 pm)
    *Her cheeks flush slightly as he brushes the hair out of her face, but her facial features don't change, the icey mask she usually wore to hide her emotions. As he goes on to inquire about the king, her expression remains, but her eyes burn with hatred, and pain. She unconsciously clenches a fist and looks to Trace with little expression.*

"Last I saw him, he was lying in a pool of his own blood. He should not be alive. I do not know the name of the planet I was on... I do know that it was very cold on that planet. The planet that I was brought to first, before I was... purchased was very hot. I was beaten several times during the excursion... I cannot remember arriving or leaving either planet. I don't know how much help I can be. I know next to nothing."

*She lowers her eyes, angry that she could not give him more information.*

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/11/01 12:07:55 pm)
    :: A look of slight disappointment washes over his face and his head lowers showing it even more. For a few moments there is silence, and then he lifts his head, his eyes burning with anger once again. ::

“Would you recognize the world if you saw it? Even if he is dead I want to make any of his family that does live, suffer for what he has done.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/13/01 2:57:41 pm)
    *She reaches a hand up to tuck a lock of hair behind her ear, and tries to avoid his eyes. She hadn't even considered going back for revenge on his family. She didn't even want to go back. A small part of her expected to be captured, or killed. She looks up and sees the rage in Trace's eyes, the need for revenge. Her uneasiness fades, and she finds herself wanting to do whatever makes Trace happy. She sets her jaw with determination and stares Trace in the face, her anger a mirror of his own.*

"I would recognize it."

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/13/01 4:14:25 pm)
    :: The fire of rage in his eyes, seems to burn brighter with anticipation as a smile forms on his lips, he stands from the chair, turning it back around and sliding it back up under the table he had moved it away from earlier then turns back to Mari. ::

“There is something I need to get so that we may begin this adventure, that is, if you are ready to go and don’t mind a bit of deception?”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/14/01 10:46:30 am)
    *She stands when she sees him do so, unnecessarily smoothing the front of her jacket. She brushes the hair out of her eyes and pats the back of her head, where the hair was covering her neck. She was long overdue for a trim; she had worn her hair short ever since her father died. She looks up to Trace and a slight smile comes to her lips.*

"I'm ready to go. Maybe I could get my hands on some scissors before we go... It shouldn't take too long."

*She brushes the hair out of her face again, obviously annoyed at it's length. She stops suddenly as she realizes that something was strange in the way he said 'deception'.*

"... What kind of 'deception'?

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/14/01 11:09:58 am)
    :: A look of disappointment washes over his face as she pats her hair and then mentions scissors, but then changes to a devious smile as she asks about the deception. ::

“To effectively exact the revenge I seek, for what happened to you, we will need to disguise ourselves and borrow something. We’ll be needing to bower a spacecraft with a bit more firepower than your YT-2000, and in my position I don’t believe the Fleet operations crew will be very willing to let me just take an SSD out for a spin around the galaxy. But I think I have an idea that will allow us to borrow one and have full command of its crew.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/14/01 12:08:26 pm)
    *She takes notice the look of disappointment on his face, but fails to completely register it after he speaks, her eyes widening at his words. Something told her that what he had in mind could get them into trouble. She looks at his face, taking in the mischievous gleam in his eyes and his contagious smile, and finds herself smiling too, if a little weakly.*

"You're going to get us in trouble, aren't you? Could you elaborate this 'plan' of yours?"

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/14/01 12:24:25 pm)
    :: His face starts to show concern, concern that she may not be willing to follow through with his idea, as it might very well cause some trouble for them and be his fault. He takes a breath and walks across her room, wetting his hands in the sink in the fresher then steps back out running them through his hair.::

“With my hair dampened a bit and the right clothes I could pass for my brother Rama, don’t you think?”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/14/01 1:00:59 pm)
    "... Yes. But, I still don't see..."

*Her mouth falls open, and she realizes exactly what he was getting at. Her thoughts race, and she remembers that he said they both were going to be disguising themselves. She swallows, and looks at him, his face showing worry, worry that she might not go along with what he was planning.*

"We could get into serious trouble. ... But what's life without a little danger?"

*She laughs nervously with questions of Trace's sanity floating around in her thoughts and wonders what kind of 'disguise' that she herself would have to wear.*

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/14/01 1:14:24 pm)
    :: His lips curl up into a devious smile as he hears her speak, at least slightly encouraging words. Watching her reaction closely he is able to tell she wants more details and he offers them willingly, knowing that she should know all that this disguise plan entails before agreeing to it. ::

“We would bring your droid, which just happens to look exactly like Lordess Nuriko’s and I have also had some things fabricated back in my room, a red wig and a bit of latex masking for yourself. You would need to pose as Rama’s wife, Lordess Nuriko. I think just that part will be quite the thrill, and then on top of that, if we find the family of the slaver then we get to have even more fun.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/14/01 1:51:13 pm)
    *She stares at him wide-eyed and it takes a moment for her to remember how to speak.*

"... I can't believe I'm considering this..."

*She shakes her hair out of her face, and looks into his eyes. Her face softens when she sees the excitment on his face, and she sighs.*

"The droid is on my ship."

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/14/01 2:03:31 pm)
    “If you have a better idea, feel free to offer it. I’m eager to make these people pay with their lives, but I don’t want to cause you any more pain in the process.”

:: Now standing by the door, as he is almost prepared to go make the final arrangements and retrieve the needed equipment, he awaits her response, wondering if she is doing this just to satisfy his desires, or if she truly wants what he does. ::

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/14/01 8:20:20 pm)
    *She turns her face away from Trace, and scrubs a hand through her hair, trying to sort her thoughts. She didn't want to go through with it because she didn't want to relive the pain, but she wanted to because it would make her friend happy. She felt torn between two emotions, one her own fear and the other, her feelings for Trace.

Is it wrong to do something you don't want to do to make someone else happy?

She sounded shallow to herself, like a dog, licking the hand of his master to please him. A fire of rage coursed through her, burning any fear away for the moment.

I will not only do it because it will satisfy Trace's want for revenge. I will do it because it will satisfy my wants!

She looks to Trace again, hers eyes burning with rage and need, and she whispers, barely loud enough for him to hear. The emotion in her voice didn't match with the anger in her eyes, for the tone of her voice was that of a frightened little girl.*

"I don't want to be afraid anymore..."

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/15/01 5:39:24 pm)
    :: Somewhat confused by the mixed emotions she was displaying in her face and voice, Trace merely nodded, his eyes glowing with the anticipation of being able to taste the revenge he wanted, while he hoped she would get some satisfaction from it himself. Stepping up to her, he placed a hand on her shoulder and spoke softly, a hint of happiness and relief in his voice. ::

“There is nothing to fear Mari. You are stronger now than you were then and the ones who made you to carry this feeling will fall before us, begging to be spared death, as will every member of their clan.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/15/01 9:49:50 pm)
    *She nods and lifts her head to look up at Trace. She smiles at the anticipation in his eyes, and puts her hand on his, drawing strength from his grip on her shoulder. A yearning that had been building up in her chest was becoming overwhelming. Hatred swirled around the core of her yearning, and pulsing in the center was her pain. She would receive her ultimate revenge, payment for what had been done. Payment for causing her to never show her feelings for anyone for fear that they were no different.

It still confused her that Trace wanted revenge possibly even more than she. She remembers when he had laid his heart bare to her, and wonders how she had possibly done all he said she had without even trying or wanting to. She feels an odd sort of warm feeling course through her as she thinks about what he said, and she tries desperately to keep her feelings from her face. With some effort, her voice returns to normal, flat and emotionless.*

"Is there something you want me to do? Or do you have everything covered?"

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/16/01 3:36:21 am)
    :: Leaving his hand on her shoulder, feeling her warmth pass through her hand into his own for a few moments, he speaks a little more softly as her touch calms his aggression. ::

“Do you still have the data-pad that came with the present I gave you? If so, press the small button at the bottom left twice, and R2 D564 will be on its way here. I’ll head back to my room and gather the supplies I mentioned earlier.”

:: He turned his hand on her shoulder over, and took hers into it, pulling it up to his mouth he kissed her softly on the top of the hand. ::

“Shouldn’t take me but a few minutes.”

:: Flashing a smile at her he let go of her hand he tuned and started to head for the door. ::

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/16/01 11:39:33 pm)
    *Her face tightens slightly after he turns to the door, and she is forced to smooth it over again. Trace turns once again before leaving to flash her another smile, then exits. She stands in the middle of her room, facing the door, holding the hand that Trace had kissed. She gives herself a shake and tries to remember exactly where she put that data pad.

She strides quickly to the other end of the room and opens her closet. She sticks her upper torso in and begins to toss out various item such as clothing and an occasional implement of destruction as she searches for the hand-held device. She has a rather large pile in the middle of her floor by the time she remembers where she saw it last. She sighs and plops down on floor next to her bed and sweeps an arm under it until her hand falls upon the smooth front of the item she was searching for.*

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/17/01 11:33:14 am)
    :: Returning to his room, he picked p a black suitcase, which contained a wig, some botts with lifts insdie them, some clothing, and a latex mask, which he had purchased at a shop on Courascant, after having provided a picture of his Sister in law and describing Mari’s appearance to the crafter. The case also contained a jacket, which was shorter than his own, much like the one his brother wore.

Walking over towards the fresher room he retrieved a tube of stuff to dampen his hair with and opened the case. He took out the jacket and put it on then squeezed a bead of he stuff from the tube out and applied it to his hair. Looking in the mirror with a grin he closed the black case and double-checked to make sure there was nothing he was forgetting. ::

Sith Warrior of the Sith Empire
    Apprentice to Dalethria Mal Pannis
    Older brother of Rama Sha and Alisa Sha
    Brother in-law to Nuriko Hessen Sha
    Heir to the Throne of Ord Mantell.
    View Bio

Edited by: Trace Sha at: 1/17/01 12:36:36 pm

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/17/01 1:44:10 pm)
    *The data pad beeps once after she presses the button twice, indicating that her command was being carried out. She sits on the edge of the bed with a sigh and closes her eyes relaxing a little. She then opens them and glances at the floor out of the corner of her eye, and sighs again, moving to place everything back into the closet neatly. She stops to pick up a thin wire, and two blasters that had fallen away from the pile, and place them on her belt.

As soon as she closes the closet, a tone sounds through-out her quarters. She presses a side panel next to the door frame, and the door slides open to reveal R2 D564 on the other side. It rolls in and beeps at her enthusiastically, and she smiles in spite of herself.*

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/17/01 2:09:27 pm)
    :: After making his check of the room to see if he had forgotten anything, he picks up the black case and exits his room. Walking through the halls, he makes his way back to Mari’s door, uneventfully so far, and presses the call button, sounding the tone in her roo. With a bit of an evil grin on is face, he waited for her to open the door, so that he could see how she would react to his appearance. ::

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/17/01 3:23:01 pm)
    *She touches the side panel yet again, and the slides open. She is very surprised indeed to find Master Rama at her door... and grinning in such a way. Something tickles the back of her mind and she nearly bursts into laughter. She can't keep the grin from appearing on her face as she reaches up to rub a slimey tendril of his hair between her fingers. She backs up to let him enter, and eyes the black case suspiciously.*

"You had me fooled for a minute... What's in there?"

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/17/01 3:48:06 pm)
    :: Stifling a laugh as his grin widens at her reaction, he walks in and the door closes behind him. He was relieved no one had passed him in the hall. If one of the Lords or Masters had seen him, they surely would have recognized him. This plan would be tricky to pull off so that they weren’t discovered.

He walked over to her table and set the black case on top of it, grinning at R2 as he passed by the little droid. Opening the case, she could see the clothing, latex mask, boots and wig inside. ::

“The disguise works then. If I can fool you even for a minute, I should be able to fool any regular Fleet lackey who doesn’t have the Force to help them. These are the supplies for your disguise.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/17/01 7:09:30 pm)
    *She eyes the contents of the case skeptically before closing it and picking it up off the table.*

"I'll change in there..."

*She turns and walks to the door to her shower and opens it. Glancing back at Trace, she sees a devious grin on his face before she turns again and steps into the small room.

At a touch, the lights flicker on and she opens the case. She first pulls out the clothing and changes quickly. She looks in the mirror and adjusts to the feel of the strange outfit. She then picks up the latex mask and stoically puts it on. She pats down the edges and stares at a brown-haired and brown-eyed Lordess Nuriko. She notices the contrast between the color of the mask and her skin, which she was showing much of, and bends to a drawer under the sink. Pulling out a rarely used make-up kit of some sort, and opening it, she reluctently dips her fingers into a flesh colored cream and begins to vigorously rub it into her golden skin. She covers her chest, back and shoulders, then washes her hands in the sink before pulling the gloves on.

Picking up the wig with a tinge of disgust, she grabs a comb with the other hand and gently combs it out. Twisting her own hair up and securing it with a metal clip, she then carefully puts the wig on over it. Bending to grab the boots, the long hair sweeps down along the side of her face. She smiles sadly at the memory of her hair when it was long, and straightens to lean on the sink and put on the boots. She stands straight after buckling them and nearly falls over. Her eyes go wide and she braces herself as she bumps into the wall with a thud. She picks up a booted foot to inspect it and chuckles when she remembers that Nuriko is somewhat taller than her.

She turns to look in the mirror once again, and satisfied with what she sees, she turns and presses the side panel to open the door. She carefully steps out, holding on to the door frame, and watching her feet so as not to fall. Looking up and seeing Trace's back to her, she coughs slightly to get his attention, and brushes her newly acquired hair back behind her shoulder with her other hand.*

saber made by Darth Ogre
    Soul Walker

[My Board] [Sith Empire]

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/17/01 9:01:54 pm)
    :: Turning around slowly as she draws his attention, his jaw drops at how well the disguise works. She looks exactly like Nuri from this distance. Regaining his composure from his initial state of surprise, he closes his mouth and walks towards her as she stands in the doorway.

Standing face to face with her, he realizes the one detail he forgot as he looks into her eyes. Fumbling through his pocket, he finds what he was looking for. A small case, which he holds out to her as he runs the fingers of his other hand through her newly acquired, long hair. ::

“These should finish off the disguise, I forgot to give you the colored lenses to make your eyes match Nuri’s.”

:: He paused for a moment with a little bit of a lost look in his eyes as if trying to picture something. ::

“You know, I think you would look stunning with your own hair this long, and I’m not saying that your beauty doesn’t already inspire me, I just think it would more so if your hair were long like this.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/19/01 5:22:14 pm)
    *She takes the case from his hands and turns it over her fingers. As he runs his fingers through 'her' hair, she smiles a sad smile, that becomes even sadder when he speaks.*

"...Inspire...? I have not gained the right to wear my hair long again..."

*She turns her face away from him*

"My guilt runs too deep."

*She turns as best she can in her awkward boots and opens the lenses case. She dips her finger in gently to get the first lense, and tries to put it in.*

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/19/01 5:30:38 pm)
    :: His hand drops slowly back to his side, the look in his eyes make it appear as if he is a bit saddened and a little confused by what she said. Hearing the tone in her voice worries him more as he asks while she id turned away. ::

“You have to earn the right to wear your hair long? Since when is that something that has to be earned?”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/21/01 11:25:23 am)
    "When you have lost the right by your actions. I have done something that I will never forgive myself for... and by doing that, I have lost the right. Besides... long hair gets in the way and..."

*She cannot think of anymore excuses, so she continues concentrating on the task at hand. The lense, half way to her eye, falls off her finger. She blinks, and bends to pick it up. She attempts to put it in again, and pokes herself in the eye with her finger. After many more failed attempts she sighs, and turns quickly. With both hands full she cannot grab the door frame as she begins to fall. She leans to the side to fall against the wall on her shoulder, so she doesn't damage the lense, and begins to mutter under her breath.*

"Completely helpless..."

*She looks up at Trace, and tries not to glare at him.*

"Can you help me?"

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/21/01 12:03:59 pm)
    :: Not really understanding her reasoning for not having the right to have long hair, except for the last trailing statement she made about it getting in the way, he discounts the thought as he sees her struggling and almost fall. Even before she asked for his help he had begun moving in her direction. Placing a hand under her elbow he helps her get back into a standing position. Once she is back upright he moves from in front of her to the side and holds the sides of her waist so she may put in the lenses on steady feet. ::

“Those lifts are a little hard to handle I see.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/22/01 4:52:02 pm)
    *Her breath seizes in her throat as his hands encircle her waist. The warm pressure of his hands seep through her clothing, and she turns her head and looks up at Trace. She lowers her eyes again, and puts the first emerald colored lense in her eye.*

"A little? I can't even stand..."

*She scoops out the second lense and carefully puts it in her eye, blinking several times. She closes the case and turns slowly with Trace's hands still about her waist, with one hand on his arm, and peers up at him.*

"Are they in right?"

saber made by Darth Ogre
    Soul Walker

[My Board] [Sith Empire]

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/22/01 7:11:53 pm)
    :: He held her steady yet gently by the waist, as she turned to face him and looked up into his eyes, he felt as if something were very different. Her eyes with the contacts within them did not display the same things to him that they always had when they were her own. He found himself missing the natural shine within them. ::

“They look green alright. Now what are we going to do about you not even being able to stand in those boots?”

:: He thought about what could be done to make their deception go off with no slips, they had to do tis just right or they wouldn’t have the firepower to exact the revenge that he knew he longed for and he thought she did as well. Still holding her by the waist, his eyes looked distant, portraying that his thoughts were on what they might do. ::

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/24/01 6:38:25 pm)
    *Mari knew that when his eyes became distant that he was thinking about their revenge. She thinks a little on it and is shocked that she thought of it that way. Our revenge. Trace wanted revenge for what had been done to her probably as much as she did. She chuckles slightly to herself, for it would be their revenge, something they would accomplish together.

Removing his hands from about her waist gently, she turns away from him and takes a small, unsteady step in the opposite direction.*

"Perhaps if I get used to them..."

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/24/01 6:44:15 pm)
    :: His thoughts return to the here and now as she removes his hands from her waist and he watches with interest as she tests her footing in the awkward boots that grant her the height to appear as if she is the same size as Nuriko Sha. He wants to reach out and help steady her, but he knows that she must become accustomed to them herself, so that their plot will be successful. ::

“There is no hurry, the later we do this the less likely it is we will run into any other Sith on our way to the shipyards.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (1/26/01 4:24:05 pm)
    *Despite his words, Mari was becoming steadily angrier at her weakness. Her anger continued to build until she could barely keep her features smooth. The raw power of the darkside flowed through her, and soon she began to take steps. She walked with confidence, each step guided by her irritation, the correct balance and position of her foot already known. She still walked a little stiff-legged, but she could at least walk without fear of falling down.

She turns toward Trace and grins widely, her pride at being able to do at least something without his help swelling.*

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (1/26/01 6:25:49 pm)
    :: Watching her with interest, he could feel her anger feeding her the power and determination she needed to overcome not being able to walk steadily in the boots. He smiled as he watched her succeed at the task and as she turned to him with a smile of her own asked. ::

“Do you think we are about ready to go then?”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (2/1/01 6:05:54 pm)
    *Nodding, she slowly and stiffly walks back the bathroom to pick up her disgarded clothing and boots and toss them into the now empty black case and closes it. She turns and lifts the case at the same time, causing her to lose her balance and stumble forward. Her cheeks redden and her eyes flash with anger, despite being able to do more than she could before. She straigtens and looks up at Trace, her face expressionless.*

"I hope speed on my part isn't necessary... because I can't go anywhere fast with these on..."

Trace Sha
    Sith Warrior
    (2/1/01 6:36:26 pm)
    :: Trace looks over at R2 and motions towards the door with his head. He small droid understands and begins to head out of the room. ::

“We can take it slow, acting relaxed and casual is detrimental to our success.”

:: He turned to follow R2 out the door, looking from side to side, making sure the hallways were clear. The three of them made their way to the underground hanger, climbing into a shuttle which they would take up to the Shipyards.

As Mari strapped herself in, looking just like Lordess Nuriko, Trace dressed as his brother, began prepping for take off. The engines of the shuttle hummed to life and the hangar door opened, followed shortly by their departure. Once clear of the atmosphere, the shipyards came into sight and grew larger in the viewport with each second.

An operator’s voice greeted them and Trace played it off as if he were Rama. ::

“Sith Master Rama Sha requesting landing clearance.”

:: The landing lights lit around a nearby dock and Trace piloted the shuttle to the clamp, its extensor arm locking in position against the hull of the ship. Trace began to unbuckle from his chair and looked to Mari. ::

“Not to much longer and you can put some regular shoes on.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (2/4/01 12:02:41 am)
    *During the shuttle ride, thoughts dart through Mari's head, causing her to become a little nervous. She didn't think they would be able to make it through the shipyards without running into a Sith. A disciple they could handle easily, since one would probably not be experienced enough in the Force to tell that they were not really who they pretended to be. With a warrior, she might be able to cloak her's and Trace's presence so that they seem like Nuriko's and Rama's. If they ran into a knight or lord, however, they would be caught... a knight would probably be able to see through any mind tricks of Mari's, and a lord most definately would.

She had worried herself into a little hole by the time they reached the shipyards, and that was only a few minutes. She wiggles her toes in her large, awkward boots uncertainly and glances at Trace. Unbuckling herself and standing slowly to avoid pitching foward, she smiles slightly in relief at Trace's words. Trace also stands, and they leave the shuttle, R2 leading the way.

Mari walks beside Trace, half a step behind, mainly because she didn't know which ship he had in mind to 'borrow' or where it was, and partially because she didn't want him to see if she happened to stumble. She kept a determined look on her face, hoping they wouldn't be discovered.

Mari's heart sinks when she sees one of the last people she needs to see turn a corner. The tall Sith Lord and Fleet Commander strides purposly towards the two, probably coming out to greet 'Master Rama' and 'Lordess Nuriko'. She doesn't look as Trace, as she tries to stand straighter in her boots, hoping that Sith Lord Summoner wasn't paying much attention today.

Sith Summoner
    Sith Lord
    Fleet Commander
    (2/4/01 6:55:00 pm)
    **Sums had been sitting in his office doing the usual paperwork. He was about to pack it in for the night when he had received word that Master Rama and Lordess Nuriko were about to come aboard. Finishing up the last of his paperwork he headed for the docking bay.

Walking down the hall he was about to round the corner when he felt a pair of presence in the force. One was that of Trace Sha, and the other Mari Bean. Sums though nothing of it as the two had been spending time together, and rounded the corner expecting to see them. Instead however he came face to face with Master Rama and Lordess Nuriko, or at least that's what his eyes were telling him, the force was telling him otherwise.

Out of pure habit Sums bowed before the pair before standing up again. He was now sure that it was not Master Rama but Trace in disguise, and fought to stifle a laugh. Sums decided to play along since it was obvious that he was up to something important enough to make them dress up to such an extent.**

Master Rama, an unexpected pleasure. Is there something that I can do for you?

**Unsure of the reaction he had gotten Trace kept up the charade.**

"I need a ship Summoner. Preferably an ImpStar if we have one available."

I'm sorry M'Lord, our fleet doesn't have any ImpStar's in it. However, you are in luck. One of my personal ImpStar 3's is in for an upgrade. I would be honored to offer her services to you.

**Trace nodded in approval.**

Very well. If you would head back to your shuttle I'll have the necessary arrangements made so that Fire Storm is ready for your arrival and an immediate departure.

"Thank you Lord Summoner."

No need M'Lord. It is my honor.

**Trace and Mari turned to head back to the shuttle. Sums waited until Trace's back was completely to him before he sent him a message through the force.**

You owe me Warrior Sha.

**Sums watched as Trace's back stiffened and then turned and walked away to make the arrangements. Finally he could hold it back no longer and started to laugh out loud.**

Trace Sha
    Sith Knight
    (2/11/01 4:47:41 pm)
    :: Walking just a little behind Mari as they headed back towards the shuttle, Trace cringed and his head sunk lower on his shoulders as he received the message via the Force from Summoner. Just as he knew would be the case if they ran into any higher ranking members of the Empire, their cover had been blown. He was sure that Mari knew exactly what he was thinking right now, and that was…. ”That could have gone much worse.”.

They arrived at the shuttle and Trace headed for the pilot’s chair again, opening a channel with Summoner’s ISD Mk3 Fire Storm, as soon as he was strapped in, he was immediately greeted by the voice of the captain of the ship, addressing him as Trace, before he could even state his docking request. He turned back to Mari as she entered the cockpit of the shuttle with a suprised tone in his voice. ::

“You may as well change back to your comfortable shoes and such now. Seems the members of the ship’s crew are expecting Mari and Trace, not Rama and Nuri.”

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (2/12/01 6:21:21 pm)
    *If it wasn't for the make-up and mask, Mari would have been scarlet to her toes. Sums' cackling laughter echoing from around the corner was the only thing that kept her from pitching foward. Having felt Trace stiffen a moment before, she already had a pretty good idea of what probably happened.

Entering the cockpit after Trace, and hearing his surprised tone, it is all she can do to keep from chuckling at their 'misfortune'. Sith Lord Summoner would most definately have a story to tell Master Rama and Lordess Nuriko next time he saw them. They had gone through all this mess, only to be laughed at... even if they did get what they were striving for to begin with. She nods to Trace wearily and sits in the co-piliot's chair of the shuttle, unbuckling the awkward boots to exchange for her nice, comfortable steel-toed boots in the black case.*

Trace Sha
    Sith Knight
    (2/14/01 1:40:57 pm)
    :: As they approached the star Destroyer, Trace ran through some data on the Nav computer, trying to figure out exactly what route they should take, to try and locate the world that Mari had been made a slave on. He was able to narrow down the list to seven worlds/asteroids spread out all over the known galaxy.

Turning to Mari as she changed her shoes, he inquired, turning the display screen so that she could see it. ::

“Any of these names or species sound familiar? Were your captors human, or something else?”

Toloran – Panto system – species Tolo

Dolomar – Dolomar system – species Human

Javis-12 – Mestra system – Minos cluster sector – species Human

Neftali'I – Socorro system – species Human, Whiphid

Nigel VI – Nigel system – Kira sector - species Human

Obroa-skai - Obroa-skai system – Species Obeoans, Human

Rafa IX – rafa system – Centrality sector – species Human

:: He didn’t really think she would recognize any of the names, but knowing more about the races upon the planet she was on may help eliminate some of the options. ::

Mari Bean
    Sith Knight
    (3/14/01 6:19:12 pm)
    *Looking up, having finished changing her shoes, she looks over the list of possible planets with a blank face. The lights from the display reflect off her eyes as if they were bouncing off the back of her head, and she unconsciously cocks her head to the side like small animals do when their curiosity is aroused. She was beginning to feel useless again... she had no information that would help Trace.

After staring at the screen for a while, her eyes light up, and she turns to her friend.*

"The only species I saw there were humans... If there were any others, then they didn't reside in the cities that I visited. That eliminates all except Dolomar, Nigel VI, and Rafa IX. I really wasn't told much while I was there, and spent most of my time unconscious... none of the names sound familiar."

Trace Sha
    Sith Knight
    (3/15/01 1:42:42 am)
    :: Their shuttle approached the Star Destroyer and Trace began the landing sequence. Just as they passed through the unseen force filed separating the inner bay from the vacuum of space. He turned to Mari and smiled. ::

“That should prove to be most helpful in our finding the planet that you were held captive on. Three possible worlds as opposed to seven will make for considerably less flight time, traipsing about the Universe. I just hope that it is one of the three, so that we can both exact the revenge we desire for what occurred to you at the hands of these slaver scum.”

:: The shuttle glided to a stop and touched down in the landing bay softly. Trace unbuckled his seat’s harness and pulled a data-pad out of its docking station within the Nav computer. ::

“Ready to go and find them Mari?”

:: He asked with conviction in his voice as he stood in front of the pilot’s seat. ::

*She returned the eager smile on his face with one of her own. She stood with Trace after the shuttle had come to a stop, and answered the conviction in his voice with a determined set to her jaw and a hard voice.*

“It isn’t I, but those we hunt who need to be ready.”

*The hard look on her face turned to a smile for her friend as they boarded the star destroyer and entered the cockpit. She took her seat to the right of him and eyed the controls of the ship with curiosity. She buckled herself in without submitting to the sudden urge to press all the buttons, and waited for Trace to tell her where they were going.*

Comment

::He turned from observing her and the obvious state of wonder she exuded, and looked to the navigation officer. ::

“Set course for Rafa IX, and depart as soon as possible.”

:: He turned back to where Mari sat and grinned. Hard to resist I know, but at least a few of those buttons you wish to press and test could prove quite dangerous.”

Comment

Working...
      X