*A request*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *A request*

*The sun was low on the horizon, and the hues it was casting upon the forest outside were beautiful, reds and yellows causing the trees to look as if they were ablaze. The sky was cloudless, and so lent no distraction to the gorgeous colors blending their way across it. Most who would gaze upon the sight would be awe-struck by the vision. However, one who would usually have been amongst that number, was unable to enjoy it..*

*Sith Lord MnT sat in his room, staring out at the grounds through the window that spanned nearly the entire length of the wall beside his bed, both horizontally and vertically. Normally he would have been in a near trance like state, simply watching and enjoying nature and it's wonder, and under the circumstances, he should have been even more dedicated to simply enjoying it. However, even if it Was the last sunset he might ever get to see, he could not keep thoughts of the following day out of his mind..*

*He still had to pack and prepare himself, as well as the numerous other matters there were to attend to, but for now, he had to simply try and focus. Even despite how often he meditated, and the ease at which the change in brain waves now cae to him, he could not bring his mind to keep a single train of thought going for any real length of time. It was the knowledge that with this mission, not only might he die, but also now, his friends might too. It was that, but it was also his mind trying to gather as many memories of his last experiance there as it could, so he'd be as prepared as possible.. Trying to gather memories that still would not come..*

*Suddenly, however, a single thought entered his mind, and with it, a frustrating tone of realization.. Syren and Saharia would both be without master for the time of his journey, assuming that he even made it back.. That couldn't be, he couldn't leave them to fend for themselves in the empire, with noone to train them or guide them if they needed it.. Silently, he scolded himself for having not considered this problem earlier, and began wracking his brain for a solution..*

*Who could he call upon to look over them? He felt himself to be fairly unknown in the empire, aside from those few whom he had managed to befriend.. And even then, the one who he considered his closest friend, had refused his attempts to stop him from coming along. Vega would not be here to help with this, so wh-*

- ..Hmm.. Perhaps..

*That might work.. He had talked with her numerous times, and with his own master gone from the Empire some time ago, who else would be better? After all.. she Was the master of Vega, Dyne, and a good portion of those he'd grown to consider friends.. But would Dara help..?*

*His message would be brief, but he felt it would be better to make the request in person.. Moving to his compad, MnT typed in the number address of the Sith Mistress' own com-pad, and spoke, his voice even more quiet and solemn than usual, with nothing MnT tried, proving able to hide that.. He just hoped that Dara wouldn't notice, although he wasn't sure why.. Perhaps he was still just not used to his emotions showing so strongly....*

... Mistress Shadowtide, if it is not an inconvenience, might I request to see you? There's a matter I wish to discuss..

:: Sith Master Dara Shadowtide had taken a rare opportunity to walk along the castle ruins on the surface at the end of a long day of work at the Sith Empire. Her council duties coupled with the training of her loyal apprentices did not afford many moments for the Sith Master to spend time by herself, but today she found that time and capitalized on it. Looking out across the mountainside she saw the hues of red, yellow and orange cast a subtle shadow of color across the alabaster surface of the castles of old which were set back inside the mountain itself. Over time, the sun had bleached out the natural darkness of the once grand estates which now were a mere shell of the magnificent structures of evil they once were.

Dara had not been to this particular area of the ruins since one of the last times she had spent with her husband Sumor some time ago. Her eyes fell upon the building they explored as a wash of memories entered her mind. She had not heard from him nor felt his presence in the <a href=http://darkholocron.clanpages.com/DaraSithPendant.jpg>sith pendant</a> for the longest time, and she had finally resigned herself to the fact that she would not be seeing him again.

Taking in a deep breath of fresh air before heading back to the recycled air of the compound, she turned and slowly made her way back to the Headquarters as she contemplated several matters on her mind along the way. Stepping inside the main area of the massive structure, she nodded to fellow members along the way and stopped to answer a few questions. As she was explaining to a Disciple the shortest route to the training grounds, Dara's personal compad beeped with an incoming message.

Grabbing the small device from her belt, she placed her thumb on the pad and a message played from Sith Lord Miryan no Trunks requesting to see her. Dara stopped and thought for a moment if she had missed a meeting with him earlier in the day but after checking her agenda that thought quickly passed from her mind. Depressing the reply button, she sent a short message to him as she began to walk toward his quarters ::

"Greetings, Lord Miryan. I am on my way to your quarters now and should arrive shortly. I look forward to speaking with you."

:: The Sith Master slipped the small communication device back into a pouch on her belt and walked briskly down the hallway leading to Miryan's dwelling. Upon arriving, she knocked on the door lightly twice ::

[c]
    <table width=380 height=200 background="http://darkholocron.clanpages.com/Sigs/darasigb.jpg" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">[c]
    <TD align=center valign=bottom width=380 height=200 cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <MARQUEE scrollAmount=1 direction=up width=360 height=70>

</font><font face="ms sans serif" size=1 color=#ffffff>
    Dara Shadowtide

Affiliation: The Sith Empire, Council Member

Apprentice to: Lady Dia, Darth Havok

Sister to: Athena Lady Darknss, Lyra Darkstar,
    Dalethria Mal Pannis

Master to: Raine Sarin, Darth Varlon, Vega Van Derveld,
    Dyne Darkforce, Athena Lady Darknss, Bi0 Hazzard,
    Daegal Murdoch, Lady Callista, Lord Sabre, Alisa Sha,
    Lyra Darkstar, Kekoa Alkarin, Rothmar Dujek,
    Dark Jedi Kitano, Lana Westbrooke, Michin Troval,
    Abydos Nighthawk

Wields: A pale blue lightsaber, a turquoise lightsaber,
    Staff of the Tides

Quote:
    "Do not talk about what you have done
    or what you are going to do...
    do it, and let it speak for itself."

<a href=AIM:GoIM?ScreenName=SithMasterDara>AIM</a> <a href=http://darkholocron.clanpages.com/>Bio</a> <a href=http://pub59.ezboard.com/bthesempire>The Sith Empire</a> <a href=http://pub88.ezboard.com/bthetidesofdarkness>Tides of Darkness</a>

[/c]
    </MARQUEE></FONT></td>
    </TABLE>[/c]

Comment

*As the reply came across through the pad, MnT nodded to no-one, and rose from where he was sitting on his bed, looking absently towards the durasteel rack where his trenchcoat hung. He usually wasn't seen without it, so even without realizing it, he was reflexively considering putting it on. However, that idea was cut short, as the door to his quarters carried the sound of two small knocks into the room. They were light, and so barely audible under the piece of music he had been listening to. Fortunately, the Danse Macabre had just hit a quiet spot, so he had indeed heard them.*

*Walking over, MnT keyed the pad to open the door, and with a mechanical swish, the durasteel plate slid off to the side, revealing the form of Dara behind it.*

... Ahh, greetings, Mistress Shadowtide, I'm sorry if I may have interrupted anything with my request.. Please feel free to come in.

*Turning himself sideways so she could enter easier, MnT waited until she was fully in the hallway, before again tapping the pad.*

... Can I take your cloak for you?

*As he said the words, his left hand gestured towards his wall-mounted coat-rack. He wasn't sure whether Dara would accept, as the dark blue cloak that she wore was one he had not seen her without, but it was still simple politeness and manners..*

Comment

:: Dara smiled as Miryan appeared at the door. She stepped inside and then removed her cloak and handed it to the Sith Lord. As he hung the cloak on the coat rack she glanced around the room as music played quietly in the background, and then she turned back to face him ::

"Thank you, Miryan. Oh and it was no interruption at all. I'm always glad to speak to members of the Empire, and I believe a talk between us is long overdue. The time just seems to get away so easily sometimes, you know?"

:: The Sith Master's features softened as she looked over at Miryan ::

Comment

... Quite true on both accounts..

*Interestingly, Dara's pleasent demeanor was far from emulated in his own. His tone and expression were actually quite solemn, and while the Sith Lord wasn't known for being particularly cheerful, this seemed down even for him..*

*Leading her down the hall, and through a doorway to the right that led into the kitchen/sitting room, MnT offered the Sith Mistress a seat, sitting down across from her at the black marble table..*

... I supposse I should simply make my request now.. Well, you know that tommorrow I will be leaving for a while.. It occured to me that two of my apprentices were unaccounted for, just a few minutes ago.. I've called you here to ask if you would be able to look after them in my absence.. Not as a Master to her apprentices, but simply as a guide, helping them if they need it.. If time enough has passed and it seems I will not be returning, I would ask you to make sure they take to a new master, be it yourself or anyone else..

Comment

:: Dara sat down across from Miryan and listened to his request of her. A smile spread across her lips slowly as she heard him ask her to keep an eye on his apprentices ::

"I would be honored to be available for your apprentices should they need anything while you are away on your journey. You underestimate yourself though, Lord Miryan. You are strong in the Dark Side. I feel confident that you will return with the weapon you seek as well as those who are travelling with you to assist you."

:: She smiled at him again ::

Comment

*This time a smile came, etching it's way across his face as the cheeks above turned a slight shade of red. He was unused to being called strong in the dark side.. In hs experience, a good number of his fellow Sith seemed to think him weak, and Jedi-like in his honor, it was indeed a pleasent change.*

... I.. Your words honor me, Mistress Shadowtide, and I thank you for them.. Oh, forgive me, I did not even mention who my disciples are.. Syren Aun Lysandor, and Saharia, whom I imagine you remember, is the daughter of Lady Sapphire..

Comment

:: The Sith Master nodded while still smiling at Miryan's humble demeanor. Much had impressed her about the Sith Lord, and she felt confident that his future had much promise ::

"Ah yes. I am actually familiar with them both. Syren is an excellent member of the Empire, and Saharia's display of dedication to the darkness in the honor of her mother's memory while still such a new member is equally impressive. Your apprentices bring glory to the Empire and their Master. It is truly no problem at all for me to assist you with this."

:: Dara paused for a moment and then continued ::

"Oh, it just occurred to me.. am I interrupting your preparations for your mission? I know you said you were leaving tomorrow.."

Comment

*Smiling even wider, he let out an almost inaudible sigh of relief..*

... You've no idea how glad I am to hear that, and I thank you very much for being willing to take this on.. Oh, and not at all, I'd just finished packing, in fact, when I realized that I had overlooked them in the meanwhile.. Besides.. I asked you to come here.. If it would be interrupting my preparations, it would have been entirely by my choice in Either case..

*His smile had stayed.. Obviously he was not thinking about the inevitable demise he believed the upcoming journey held for him, and this was likely a good thing..*

... I just hope I'm not interrupting any previous commitments of your Own..

Comment

:: She smiled back at Miryan ::

"You're not interrupting anything at all. I am glad I get to speak with you before you head out on your journey. Are you going to keep a log or keep in contact with us here at the Empire while you are away?"

:: Dara looked over at him with a tinge of concern etched on her face ::

Comment

... I... Was once able to contact my Master through a combination of rift and force while I was there, I know this, as she recieved my message, and acted upon it.. I imagine that with the combined force energy that myself, my Master, Master Rama, and Vega will produce, we should be able to efficiently send messages back.. I supposse we won't really know for sure until we've arrived, and try though... I will keep a written log though, in case others than myself meet their dooms during the trip.. For I doubt my memory alone would prove an accurate recollection of the events leading up to their demise..

Comment

"You must not speak of doom or demise, Miryan. You are very skilled and the Dark Side is with you. Many comrades are making this journey with you as well, and I look forward to hearing the tale of your adventure upon your return."

:: She smiled at him ::

"Would you like to go for a walk or get something to eat?"

Comment

*Smiling slightly at her stubborn optimism, MnT nodded, appreciating the confidence.. Not only that, however, but also the offer.. It might prove good to get out of his room and just let such thoughts take leave from his mind for now..*

... I would be honored..

Comment

:: Rising from her seat with a smile, Dara walked over and retrieved her cloak and slipped it around her shoulders. Looking back over at Miryan, she spoke quietly ::

"Excellent. Is there anywhere in particular you would like to go? The ruins along the mountains are quite a sight this time of evening."

Comment

*Turning without even thinking about it, MnT stared out the window in the direction of the ruins, knowing full well that he could not see them from this side of the mountain.. Smiling, he then turned back to Dara and replied, whilst calling his trenchcoat to his hand from where it hung on his closet door..*

... I'd love to, I've not been there in quite some time..

Comment

Working...
                              X