Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening a Door Once Closed... (closed thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening a Door Once Closed... (closed thread)

:: So many things always seemed to go unspoken between the two of them.. and it would happen to take a loss of a blood sister they shared to bring to the two women in the same place again. Dara looked over at Dale as they stood outside Athena's room, the emotions etched on her blood sister's face mirroring her own thoughts. The Sith Master cleared her throat once again before speaking quietly ::

"Do you have time to talk before you go?"

[c]
    <table width=380 height=200 background="http://darkholocron.clanpages.com/Sigs/darasigb.jpg" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">[c]
    <TD align=center valign=bottom width=380 height=200 cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <MARQUEE scrollAmount=1 direction=up width=360 height=70>

</font><font face="ms sans serif" size=1 color=#ffffff>
    Dara Shadowtide

Affiliation: The Sith Empire, Council Member

Apprentice to: Lady Dia, Darth Havok

Sister to: Athena Lady Darknss, Lyra Darkstar,
    Dalethria Mal Pannis

Master to: Raine Sarin, Darth Varlon, Vega Van Derveld,
    Dyne Darkforce, Athena Lady Darknss, Bi0 Hazzard,
    Daegal Murdoch, Lady Callista, Lord Sabre, Alisa Sha,
    Lyra Darkstar, Kekoa Alkarin, Rothmar Dujek,
    Dark Jedi Kitano, Lana Westbrooke, Michin Troval,
    Abydos Nighthawk

Wields: A pale blue lightsaber, a turquoise lightsaber,
    Staff of the Tides

Quote:
    "Do not talk about what you have done
    or what you are going to do...
    do it, and let it speak for itself."

<a href=AIM:GoIM?ScreenName=SithMasterDara>AIM</a> <a href=http://darkholocron.clanpages.com/>Bio</a> <a href=http://pub59.ezboard.com/bthesempire>The Sith Empire</a> <a href=http://pub88.ezboard.com/bthetidesofdarkness>Tides of Darkness</a>

[/c]
    </MARQUEE></FONT></td>
    </TABLE>[/c]

Dalethria was walking down the hallway with a purpose. She wanted to get on her ship and get away from Munto Codru and all these bad memories as fast as the Dark Side could take her.

Too many ghosts were in these hallways ... not all of them dealt with Athena. She was not in the mood to deal with any of them ....

"Dale ... wait."

Speak of the devil ...

Her back stiffened but she did stop.

"Do you have time to talk before you go?"

Without turning around, she asked, "I'm welcomed here?"

Comment

:: Dara looked at Dale, who was obviously irritated ::

"Well, perhaps now isn't the time. I understand. Until next we meet then.."

:: She began to turn and leave ::

Comment

She sighed quietly. Her mood was just as bad as Dara's but in a different manner. Athena's death had affected them both differently and here Dalethria was pushing away Dara. It was a twisted pattern that she had grown accustomed to seeing, as Sorsha was at the end of her wrath lately.

Dalethria turned around and realize she was again speaking to Dara's back. Seemed to be the theme of the night lately ..

"Dara ..."

The words were coming. She just knew she had to stop Dara from leaving. Eventually Dalethria got so frustrated she ended up swearing under her breath.

"... frell ..."

She didn't want Dara to go. For awhile, Dalethria wondered if the oath they took still meant something to Dara. Being here today, Dalethria knew it to be true. She did as well. Just saying it was a problem ...

Comment

:: As she was walking away Dara wondered if Dale even considered her to be a blood sister any more and then when she heard her say her name.. she knew it to be true. Turning around, she saw the awkwardness of the situation after so long. Smiling with a chuckle, Dara walked back over to where Dale stood ::

"It never goes easy for us, does it? Let's go to the upper level so we can talk without anyone else around, ok?"

Comment

She was relieved that Dara took the initiative. Dalethria really didn't know how to start this.

"Sure. People will probably be coming out soon ..." It was evident that she was more relaxed, but still somewhat tense.

Her eyes looked around the corridor and then narrowed. Some time had passed since Dalethria was last down here and the corridors looked the same .. purposefully of course.

"If I remember right ..."

She pointed behind Dara.

"... lift is that way?"

Comment

:: Dara nodded with a smile and led the way. Providing the necessary security protocols, Dara gave a quick retinal scan and palm imprint and the doors to the lift slid open. The two stepped inside for the short trip to the abandoned upper level.

As the doors opened, a dank smell entered the small enclosed chamber and the two walked toward the far end of the hall where the facility had been finished. This was the most recent addition to the member quarters with the rapid growth of the Empire and it had yet to be opened yet. The two entered a small room and noticed two chairs near a holo window ::

"Care to have a seat?"

Comment

Dalethria looked around the room and smirked at the holo window, "Good thing your underground. There's more then enough room for everyone."

Then she sat down, "Thanks."

There wasn't much to look at in here so her eyes fell on the barren holo window since Dalethria had no idea really to start this conversation. A lot needed to be said but where to begin?

Comment

:: As Dara sat down across from Dale, she saw the same almost quasi-anxiety about speaking after being silent for so long. The echoes of slow water drops filled the chamber and broke the silence ::

"It's hard to know where to begin.."

:: She looked down for a moment to gather her thoughts and then her green eyes fell upon Dale's face as she began to speak ::

"I'm not sure why you and I grew apart again.. perhaps our paths led us along a different journey in the Dark Side. And now with Athena's passing, our paths have crossed once again as we are gravely reminded of how it feels to lose someone you share a blood bond with.."

Comment

She was silent after Dara had spoken... taking in her words while Dalethria heard the monotonous splash of water drops hitting the floor from somewhere in the room.

Dara was absolutely right. Dalethria agreed to what was said, feeling the same way.

"I'm not sure either... Dara. It was like everything fell into place when we took the oath and then not too long after, it all fell apart. How and why elude me."

Dalethria hadn't looked at Dara directly since they walked inside. Now, she turned her head completely to look directly into Dara's eyes.

"But that doesn't matter... I just.." She paused, growling underneath her breath softly. "I just don't want to loose another ..."

The pain surfaced quickly and sharply. Dalethria lowered her head so Dara wouldn't have to see her weakness as she fought herself from crying.

Comment

:: Dara watched Dale as she spoke, recalling their blood bond and the circumstances surrounding it. Memories flooded her mind as she glanced down to the scar on the middle of her palm. Their friendship had certainly taken the more turbulent route, that was for sure. However, it had made them stronger for it as well. There was an inner strength Dara saw in Dale despite her affected behavior due to the loss of Athena. Not really knowing what to say, Dara cleared her throat and then spoke quietly ::

"I know what you mean.. so let's just make sure that when we start to drift apart due to other commitments in our life, that we make it a point to drift back together. Maybe even schedule weekly visits to our home.."

:: She looked over at Dale and could not remember the last time she had been to Irentios. Somehow she just hadn't felt welcome there in a very long time ::

Comment

Dalethria looked up at Dara with a half smile, half smirk on her face.

"I ... really like that idea."

The grief was still powerful inside her but somehow, she managed to laugh quietly. There was little humor really heard in the laughter. It was mostly made of bitter sorrow.

"I forgot what your place looks like I think."

Draping an arm over the back of the chair, Dalethria lazily stretched out her feet.

"Hell.."

She looked over at Dara and cautiously placed a hand on her shoulder, almost as if testing to see if she was real.

".. forgot what you looked like too, kinda."

Comment

:: Dara felt the anxiety in her chest lessen as she let out a quiet deep breath and relaxed a bit upon hearing Dale's response. Looking over at Dale as she felt her hand upon her shoulder, she smiled ::

"Yes, it has been too long."

:: She paused, taking in the significance of the moment before continuing as sorrow filled her once more and her smiled slowly faded ::

"I am sorry, my sister, that I was unable to prevent Athena's death. I will have to live with that for the rest of my life, and I don't expect to you forgive me.. because I am not sure I can ever forgive myself."

Comment

The hand squeezed tighter on Dara's shoulder.

"If you are to blame yourself, better add me to the list."

Dalethria removed her hand and just stared blankly ahead.

"I was not even here..... I felt her death lightyears away and all I could do was hate myself because I wasn't here."

She didn't realize she was talking through clenched teeth or that her jaw had set so squarely.

"You can't ask for forgiveness from someone who cannot forgive themselves."

Comment

Working...
                            X