X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ::A request::

Posted by Saharia on 08-17-2002 06:49 AM:
    ::A request::

::Saharia entered the council room, bowing her head in honour to the Sith in the room, and straightened her head again::

Members of the council, I come here today to ask if I may ask the guidance of one that may know of rifting here to teach me such as that art, if any be here in this room today who possesses that skill. A personal mission will happen soon and to do that I require that skill. I will not ask no more of a person who offers their guidance than they teach me how to rift into other universes, and I will use that skill wisely.
    Thank-you for listening to my request.

::She bowed her head in honour again and awaited a reply to either a nay or a yes.::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Jodah of Giva on 08-17-2002 11:40 AM:

Jodah stepped out of the shadows. He smiled slightly, spreading his arms and bowing gently at the waist. "I know little of this rifting, but if what you wish is to walk the multiverse, to stand among new-born suns and frolic amidst the stars, I can teach you the ways of the planeswalker."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Lynch on 08-18-2002 11:10 PM:

OOC: Excuse me ladies and gents.

But the concept of rifting is considered god moding thus not allowed, astral travel is or such things but actually porting yourself is not viable.

Posted by Saharia on 08-19-2002 03:01 AM:

OOC: it's god-moding? I wasnt aware, sorry about that, I'll keep that in mind.How long ago was that rule put in?

Posted by Lynch on 08-19-2002 03:08 AM:

Know we take liaberties sometimes(how is there always a shadow where a Sith suddenly appears? ) but actually making a person "beam" or "rift" around from place to place is pushing it a tad. If not sounds awful Star Trek ish.

Posted by Miryan no Trunks on 08-19-2002 03:09 AM:

OOC: Actually, It's always been a rule ยก^_^ I just figured that I worked my way around it by never using it for any purpose other than travelling from spot to spot.

Which, if I'm not mistaken, is the singular purpose you'd have for it as well right? Just for the RP to go back to Saharia's homeworld?

Of course, I dunno. Maybe the rules in this RPing universe will be more strict, and I'll be reprimended into changing MnT's absolute cluelessness when it comes to piloting things..?

Edit: Well, at least it was a rule when I first joined, back when Videl and I used to get bi*ched out for using the whole DBZ Teleport thing =)

Posted by Lynch on 08-19-2002 03:40 AM:

Good point!

I completey forgot about that while writing up my post.

The DBZ craze has passed since then but not many were fans of people appearing and disappearing at random or in the blink of an eye. (very little of the DBZ stuff was tolerated although some were forgiving)

I do not think the rules will be any stricter here than anywhere else. Most rules that apply elsewhere are the same here. Its not too hard to see what moves may and may not be "god moding".

While this might be a harmless version of that since its not an attack its still something that is rather non SW like and SW is what we are aiming for as much as possible
Working...
X