*The first steps*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *The first steps*

OOC: Just felt that now would be a good time to start up the RP to recollect MnT's lost sword. Not going missing OOC or anything, this is strictly IC =)

IC:

*Walking into through the doors of the council room, Sith Lord Miryan no Trunks went mostly un-noticed. There was already a discussion weaving it's away about those present, so MnT felt it would be best to simply wait until the matter was concluded, before speaking. Besides.. This way he had more time to prepare himself for it mentally.*

*As it was, the coversation at hand was just concluding, so he did not have to wait very long. Perhaps two minutes after he'd strode into the room, MnT stepped into the middle of the floor, as was what he understood to be customary for anyone wishing to address the council. Bowing down onto one knee, MnT waited in silence, for one of the members to permit him to speak..*

:: Sith Master Dara Shadowtide looked up from a holopad report to see Sith Lord Miryan no Trunks kneeled before the council. She smiled and then spoke quietly ::

"Greetings, Lord Miryan. What brings you before the council this day?"

[c]
    <table width=380 height=200 background="http://darkholocron.clanpages.com/Sigs/darasigb.jpg" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">[c]
    <TD align=center valign=bottom width=380 height=200 cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <MARQUEE scrollAmount=1 direction=up width=360 height=70>

</font><font face="ms sans serif" size=1 color=#ffffff>
    Dara Shadowtide

Affiliation: The Sith Empire, Council Member

Apprentice to: Lady Dia, Darth Havok

Sister to: Athena Lady Darknss, Lyra Darkstar,
    Dalethria Mal Pannis

Master to: Raine Sarin, Darth Varlon, Vega Van Derveld,
    Dyne Darkforce, Athena Lady Darknss, Bi0 Hazzard,
    Daegal Murdoch, Lady Callista, Lord Sabre, Alisa Sha,
    Lyra Darkstar, Kekoa Alkarin, Rothmar Dujek,
    Dark Jedi Kitano, Lana Westbrooke, Michin Troval,
    Abydos Nighthawk

Wields: A pale blue lightsaber, a turquoise lightsaber,
    Staff of the Tides

Quote:
    "Do not talk about what you have done
    or what you are going to do...
    do it, and let it speak for itself."

<a href=AIM:GoIM?ScreenName=SithMasterDara>AIM</a> <a href=http://darkholocron.clanpages.com/>Bio</a> <a href=http://pub59.ezboard.com/bthesempire>The Sith Empire</a> <a href=http://pub88.ezboard.com/bthetidesofdarkness>Tides of Darkness</a>

[/c]
    </MARQUEE></FONT></td>
    </TABLE>[/c]

Comment

*Retaining his bowed position, MnT cleared his throat, and spoke, well practiced words pouring out of his mouth..*

... I come to inform the council, my apprentices, and all other members here at TSE, that I will soon be leaving on my mission to get back my broadsword, Damnation's Touch.. Because of this, I will not be around for likely quite some time.. I do not know how long it will take, or what my chances of survival are, but I have trained myself so much these past months, that I do not believe waiting around much longer would be of any use..

*There was more he could say, provided those of the council cared to inquire.. Whether or not his absence would even be noticed by the higher ups, he did not hold an optimistic view about, so he felt he would likely have to say no more about the matter..*

Comment

:: Dara took in Miryan's words and understood the need for personal missions, especially when retrieving a weapon was involved. Miryan was a quiet man and had kept to himself for much of his time in the Empire, yet Dara knew that his personal honor and conviction called to him to seek out and reclaim what was rightfully his ::

"I wish you an expedient journey in retrieving your weapon, Miryan. You are a formidable warrior of darkness and I am confident you have prepared well for this task before you now. Your presence in the Empire will be greatly missed while you are away. Are you going to take anyone with you on this mission? Or will you be going alone?"

:: Dara's eyes remained on him ::

Comment

*Not letting the redness show in his face, MnT nodded slightly, just the slightest hint of a smile he could not stop, edging up the sides of his mouth as he replied..*

... You honor me with your words, Mistress Shadowtide.. And no, I plan on going alone.. Others have shown an interest in accompanying me on the trip, but I can find no way to justify putting the lives of my friends and comrades in such a perilous situation..

Comment

Stepping forward from his position in the Council room, Vega bowed slightly, nodding first to his Master and then to Lord Miryan.

"Aye, Master. I will be accompanying Lord Miryan on his quest."

Vega looked back to his friend and smiled. He was in great debt to the man, yet did not feel truly as if he had to pay it off. He was going on this trip not for his own satisfaction, but to aid his comrade.

Comment

*His expression slightly shocked, MnT turned towards Vega, and following his friends words, shook his head and spoke..*

... Vega, I could not ask you to come along.. This mission could well take my life and I have no means of saying that you'd be able to return should I die.. I can't allow this..

Comment

Vega shook his head slowly, still smiling somewhat.

"Miryan ... if you will not allow me to come simply because I am your friend and comrade, then allow me to come so that I might repay you for your aiding me in the past."

Comment

*MnT could not help but sigh, his smile widening slightly as he closed his eyes and looked back down at the floor..*

... I will not be able to convince you not to go, Will I Vega..

*He could feel as much as see his friend's wide grin, and the answer was obvious, even if not spoken..*

... Then I ask you to consider what this journey would.. nay, Could mean.. If indeed I don't survive, you would likely be stuck there, and where we'd be going is far from a hospitable place to live.. Then, even if I Do survive, you might well not, as could be the same fate of Anyone who accompanies me.. I cannot say what we'd come across, for I still remember very little of the time I spent there, up to my fight with the one large demon.. Are you still so sure you wish to come along..?

Comment

"But of course. The more dangerous the better,"

Vega settled his hands onto his hips and chuckled to himself.

"Now then, who else is tagging along with us, hmm?"

Comment

:: Dara smiled with pride as one of her most accomplished apprentices, Sith Lord Vega Van Derveld, entered the council room. After the brief discussion, she was pleased to hear that he would be accompanying Miryan after all. She nodded her approval to him ::

Comment

*His smile reverting to a more solemn expression, MnT turned and replied..*

... Hopefully as few people as possible.. Although I do not doubt that I'll have no easier time convincing Mistress Dalethria that I should go alone, than I had with you.. Aside from that, both Tempist and Yurza displayed interest in going, but that cannot be allowed.. I would not have my own apprentices along on a mission that I do not believe I myself would survive..

Comment

".......Master, myself and Yurza have shown intrest in going with you in part to test our skills, as well as demonstrate our loyalty to you. If there is somthing out there that may put your life at risk, then it does make logical sense that you wouldn't want us to go. However, if there is a beast, of any manner, that is powerful enough to endanger a Sith Lord, then I want to know what the empire may be up against in the future.

Comment

*When Tempist began speaking, MnT was slightly surprised. He had been too preoccupied with what he had to say, to sense his apprentices' presences.*

... Tempist.. You know well that as both your Master, and the gate to our destination, I can simply forbid you from coming..

Comment

I'll go with you too.....

:: Rama stepped down. ::

I know many people and many things.....your journey well be less dangerous if I was to accompany you.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1