X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premonitions

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 08-04-2002 02:04 PM:
    Premonitions

Bella Zumtra awakened from what had been an unconscious state, only to find herself in a place that she had never been before.

The brown haired, brown eyed woman lay rested with her back against one of the walls of the recruitment centre, her head throbbing with an overwhelming feeling of pain.

The last thing she remembered was being knocked out at the back of her head, only to come to once or twice, finding herself being lifted into the arms of her attacker. Bella remembered that her attacker had been wearing black material of some kind, but she had not been able to make out her attacker's gender. Whoever they had been, they had not believed in speaking.

The twenty-five year old tried to get her barrings about her as she began to pull herself off of the floor and onto her own two feet, however firmly she could plant her feet on the floor, anyway.

Bella's eyes drifted slowly back and forth as her eyes settled on anything she could focus on without falling flat on her back, still a little shaken and startled with her new enclosed settings.

She could not focus on anything, despite her desperate wants to find something, or even someone for that matter. Nothing but blackness, pitch black.

Where had her attacker taken her and why? Where was her attacker? She found herself feeling lost and alone..still.

She'd always felt this way, the world, completely unknown to her. Bella, a grown adult, a grown adult who could not function in the real world. Her not so outspoken, and shy and reserved manner only hindered her ability to function in society. At least not to mention her old, torn, worn, and raggid clothes made people think twice about her.

There was one thing that always would set her apart from becoming totally discouraged about herself, she did not care what anyone else thought about her as a person. She believed in being herself, even if it made people look at her twice, or not at all.

There was nothing the brown eyed woman could do except either get out of wherever she was, or figure out where she was. She chose the second choice. It was a choice that could quite possibly change her life...forever.

"Hello?"

Bella Zumtra was met with complete silence, she still tried again.

"Excuse me?...Is anyone there? I'm not sure where I am, could someone help me?"

Bella's attacker had had premonitions about her, she had potential to be a part of The Sith Empire.

If only she knew just what potential she had. The knock to the back of her head had done her some harm, parts of her own memories had been washed from her mind, though she had yet to discover this.

The silence was nothing to Bella, she wanted to walk out of this place, to go back to wherever she had come from. She just could not remember where or what "there" was, let alone get back there.

Her brown eyes fell onto a wooden chair, centered somewhere within the dimly lit room. She so much wanted to sit down, but she felt too dizzy. She knew if she dare stepped forward that she would fall flat on her face.

Bella's eyes seemed to narrow, a look of small desire set in the poor woman's eyes, longing to sit, for just a second or two. She could almost see the chair in her mind, flying forward...

..And when it actually did, the brown haired woman cried out in surprise, having no idea that she herself had caused the chair to move. She figured that someone else had done the work for her.

Had that blow to her head never happened, Bella would have known that she had done the supposed work. Yet that blow seemed to wash away whatever memories that she would have once had of the force.

She silently took the seat that had flowen before her and set it against the wall, and then sat down, waiting in silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Alisa Sha on 08-10-2002 12:04 AM:

~Sith Warrior Alisa Sha stepped from the shadows where she felt most comfortable and walked over to the woman. The woman's appearance was haggard and Alisa furrowed her brow in curiosity.~

"You don't know where you are? How exactly did you get here then?"

~Alisa skeptically watched her closely.~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Bella Zumtra on 08-11-2002 08:11 AM:

Minutes seemed to pass as Bella was continually met with silence. The silence was perfectly contented for her, her world revolved around silence, silence was the most common greeting in her world.

Just when she thought the silence would last...From out of the shadows came a woman. As the woman approached Bella, a look of slight surprise edged into the features of Bella's face. It was not often that someone stopped to greet someone like Bella. Sadly, her appearance usually hindered people from giving her any type of approachable greeting.

The woman's eyebrows furrowed in curiosity, but Bella herself did not know what to make of the facial expression. She'd seen such a look many a time before, such a look was the most pleasant out of all the looks she had ever been given throughout her lifetime. No one ever smiled at her, and she never smiled back...

"I...I don't know," She said in the quietest of manners.

Out of the rare occasions that someone approached her, those that did, were given the shy and quiet Bella Zumtra. The woman did not know how to relate to people, and people were often not part of her daily life. Nonetheless, no matter how withdrawn Bella was, she always spoke when spoken to, for she welcomed the company, even if it was not much company at all.

Bella's brow wrinkled in thought as she tried to think through and remember just how she had come to be here.

"The last thing I remember was being hit at the back of my head. I know I blanked out because I don't remember much else after that. I woke up and found myself here."

A look of curiosity found its way onto Bella's face as she shyly met Alisa's gaze.

"Where am I?"

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 08-11-2002 11:42 AM:

.."The dominion of the Sith Empire!"..Shot a militant voice enshrouded in the stealth of the shadows.

.."Do you seek the powers of the Darkside?"..

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 08-14-2002 07:31 PM:

The Sith Empire...

Bella had heard this before, but she could not recall where.

Bella turned her head toward where the voice had come from, and replied with the same shy tone that she had given Alisa.

"I don't know why I am here. I did not come here on my own free will, someone brought me here, and I don't know who."

Did she seek the powers of the Darkside? That would be something she would have to consider, just the mention of it did intrigue her.

"The Darkside? I don't know anything about the Darkside, really."

Posted by Raine Sarin on 08-15-2002 12:18 AM:

"So then, why are you here?"

*The voice was more than annoyed as he spoke, it came out almost a hiss.*

"You say you don't know how you came here, and that you know nothing of the Darkside, but that someone brought you here. Surely one of our own did not bring you here. Those that are forced to become Sith are usually poor disciples, no desire to learn. It is not long before they become Jedi, and then are killed. All of our members know this."

*As he spoke, the Sith Lord stepped from the shadows and glared at the woman, a look of disgust on his face. He had to avoid the urge to teach the woman a lesson in what the Darkside was, perhaps by severing a hand...or her head. He came to a stop just in front of the woman and simply continued to glare at her through eyes that told nothing of what his thoughts were, besides the fact he was not pleased with her presence.*

"Well? Speak! Lest you wish to learn of what happens to lost little sheep that stray into the wolves' den."

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 08-15-2002 11:56 AM:

Bella observed that those here, liked the shadows. As did she, no one could see her that way.

Truth be told though, Bella could not remember what she liked, nor who she was exactly, or where she had come from. Just bits and pieces about herself, that was all.

Bella was not at all startled nor did she fear the Sith Lord's presence as he stepped forward. She was used to it. Being poor did not often bring a sense of warmth from anyone, just negative words, and dirty looks.

Again, the same quiet tone was offered to the Sith Lord.

"I wish I knew. I've never stepped into a place such as this, but that does not mean I never would of my own free will. Nothing would keep me from coming to such a place as this. I'm left alone now, and I don't know how to get back from where I've come. Whoever brought me here must have wanted me here. Perhaps I posses this Darkside you speak of? Why else would someone bring me here, I can think of no other reason."

Bella bowed her head for a moment.

"Forgive me, I do not mean to disturb anyone here. I just wanted to know where I am and why I am here. I have yet to figure out why I am here."

The Sith Emire...

Again the name crossed her mind, where had she heard this from? In a voice, she'd heard it.

"This place, it brings a sense of comfort to me. I do not remember where I come from, but I can picture it. It is not bright, nor sunny, but dark, just like this place. Brightness, I do not welcome it, darkness is all I know."

Posted by Alisa Sha on 08-24-2002 10:57 PM:

"Do you seek to be trained in the ways of the Dark Side then?"

~Alisa looked over to her master and gave a nod of respect to him before looking back over at the newcomer.~

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 08-25-2002 01:54 PM:

Zena grew impatient with all the uncertainty tainting the air about them, like a lost sheep seeking its flock for its sacred security.

.."Think girl!...Confidence is what drives a Sith combatant; the alluring lust for battle against ones foes; loyalty of TSE; honor amongst its members; the insatiable urge to exterminate those whom stand in our path at rendering the utter annihilation against the Jedi and its weakened puppet allies; to augment ones skills to accomplished perfection, as the Darkside yields its power in our greedy grasps. Is this what you seek and crave? Dig deeply into the outskirts of your conscious, and pull out your hidden passion that beckons the Darkside, or for an eternity you shall walk the path of the gray side, forever your torment as both sides attempt to dominate one another in a daily toil of tug and war of a soul in dire limbo."..

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 09-14-2002 10:38 PM:

Bella's soft brown eyes looked from Alisa to Zena in rapid succession, it was almost as if she felt pressured to make a choice, right then and there, as if her life depended on it.

Maybe this was something she could consider as part of her new life, after all, it was not as if she had anything to lose. She could not remember her old life.

What did she have to lose? Nothing, nothing at all.

"I wish to become one with the Darkside. My soul has nothing else to seek, and this is what is being offered to me, so I will take it."

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 09-15-2002 09:54 AM:

Zena nodded to the girl, whom finally took a stand, and acted on it.

"Good...Are you willing to give your total loyalty to the Sith Empire; to obey the orders of your Master without question if accepted into this dominion? While we are at it...what skillsof warfare to do possess that would benefit the Empire?" Zena interrogated the girl in her usual callous bearing, characteristic of a mercenary.

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 10-05-2002 03:27 PM:

So many questions, so few answers.

The words the woman spoke of to her were almost like another language. Even if Bella did not happen to understand all of what the woman was saying, she still answered.

"Ye..Yes," She said softly, a little unsure.

Bella had not looked to Zena as she answered, but she did so now as she answered once more, answering in a much more firm tone, more sure.

"Yes."

The brown haired woman paused, thinking over the last question, a question that she happened not to find an answer to.

She sighed as she looked down at her feet as she answered.

"I don't know what skills I posses. I do not know who I am, I don't even know my own name. My memory is very vague, cloudy..."

The woman slowly raised her head, her eyes appeared to be void of any emotion.

"..But what I do know..is that I feel welcomed here. I feel a sense of belonging here. There is nothing else out there for me. I'd like to stay here, " she said, her eyes never wavering away from the mercenary.

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 10-09-2002 11:31 AM:

Zena stifled a snicker, her eyes bearing down on the woman with a cold indifference.

.."The Jedi would welcome you as well. What are you... a seeker of the Light or Darkside?"..

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 10-11-2002 11:34 PM:

A look of bewilderment crossed Bella's face as she thought over the question.

This was not supposed to be a guessing game, but Bella made it out as such. She did not know which she was, but obviously, someone out there did, or else she would not have found herself in such a place as the Empire.

Bella wanted to discover what was here, not shy away from it.

The look that Bella had held before, now escaped her as she answered the mercenary.

"I may not have come here of my own free will, but a seeker of the Darkside is what I choose to become. The Darkside is what I want."

There was passion in Bella's eyes, a desire to be something more than whoever she was. The Darkside could offer her more, that, she was sure of.

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 10-13-2002 12:05 PM:

Zena nodded to Bella as she was preparing for a shocking display. Motioning towards the corner of the room, she unsheathed her dagger twisting in turn, as the Sith Knight hurled it mere inches from Bellas face as it kissed the wall behind her clanking off and down to the floor. Zena did not utilize Force strength, so the steel frame countered its intrusion.

"Tell me...did you feel fear or anger, or perhaps both at my action?" She spoke flatly, while calling the blade to her palm, hilt first, her features betraying no signs of emotion as if it was a mundane act.

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 10-13-2002 04:34 PM:

The woman gave way to no emotions whatsoever as the dagger hurled forward, missing her face by just a few inches, only to hit the wall behind her. She listened, all she could hear was the weapon as it clattered to the ground.

Her brown eyes had only been centered on the Sith as the actions took place.

She answered the question without any emotion, she had none to give.

"I felt nothing," she said simply.

Though she couldn't remember, daggers were nothing new to Bella. The world that she did not remember had always been rather cruel to her.

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 10-13-2002 05:25 PM:

"Odd...The Jedi control their emotions, yet you embrace the Darkside. Have you met with an accident that had erased your memories, perchance? Or maybe some cranium damage has befallen you. A Sith or Dark adept would feel outrage at the attack, and build upon it for strength. A mind probe may answer some questions."

Zena stalked towards the newcomer as her hand brushed over her hair centering on her forehead, diving into her conscious to ascertain any sort of blocking wall, or knowledge in dormancy.

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 10-16-2002 11:55 AM:

Something was happening within her own mind, Bella could feel it. The feeling felt strange to her, she did not like it, she felt invaded almost.

So strong, strong movements within her mind. The movements, they were quick, nothing painful, perhaps annoying, but nothing more.

The brown haired woman tried to push away the invasion, though to no avail, it remained there, still just as strong. Bella knew there was no use in resisting, and so, she let the invasion ensue.

Bella thought it odd, strange really, this...prodding, for she could only feel, not see.

Zena on the other hand, not only could she feel, but see as well. The Sith Knight reached into the deeper depths of Bella's mind, seeking and finding the things that were blocked to Bella.

What she could see....

"Well lookie what I got here..."

Bella: "Ow! Let me go!"

A man, just as poor looking as Bella, had an arm around Bella's waist. The other arm rested a knife just at the edge of the woman's throat.

A look of anger, mixed with a twinge of frustration was formed on Bella's face. Never fear.

"Aww, c'mon now, sugar. A man has to take what he can get, and I haven't had any in a mighty long time. Though you ain't the best of the bunch, I'll take what I can get."

Bella: "What about you, you're not exactly mister hot stuff yourself. It's no wonder you're not getting any."

"Shut up, woman!"

The man pressed himself firmly against Bella, his one arm wrapped itself more tightly around Bella.

"See what you've done?"

The man laughed, Bella said nothing.

"Now you just stand real still and don't move and I won't hurt ya, ok?"

Bella gave a somewhat small movement of her head, supposedly to be considered for a yes.

Slowly the man lowered the knife down to Bella's right side, removing his arm from around her waist. He took his hand, slowly reaching over from behind her, and began to slowly move his hand from her neck and downward.

That was far as he got though before Bella clocked him one good. Her left elbow making contact somewhere next to his rib cage.

Surprise, perhaps caught off guard, the man dropped his knife. It only took the man a second or two to recover, and he was on his way to grabbing Bella again.

Bella didn't run though, she never ran.

Anger. It was all she felt, frustration subsided, replaced with total anger. She hated this, hated living on the streets because she had no place else to go, hated being used for any man's piece of entertainment that found her there.

She could never hold her anger in, and they always ended up feeling her wraith, always.

Perfect timing, it had been perfect time. Just as the man had almost reached her, up into the air he flew, tossed like a rag doll.

The man landed with a thud, just a foot or two away from Bella. Fear replaced the satisfaction that had once crossed the man's face. Quickly the man got to his feet, half walking half running backwards as he looked on at Bella in fear.

"..You...you...freak!..."

....Off the man ran, and Bella was left alone in the streets of darkness once more, left alone to wonder what would come next...

As the prodding continued, Bella became more and more increasingly annoyed. Unlike Zena, she had seen and remembered nothing, the prodding had struck a nerve though.

"Gaaah...STOP!..."

Anger formed on Bella's face, but it quickly subsided when she realized what she had done, being replaced with a quiet calm.

"...Please...stop. I don't know what you want or what you're looking for, but I can't take much more of this...whatever it is you're doing."

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 10-22-2002 08:25 AM:

Zena withdrew her hand as the probing had ceased, not because of the girl's frantic pleas, but because she had found what it was that made the young woman seek the reputed Sith Empire. A past drawn of pain and conflict, confusion and hatred, and a yearning for retribution on those who dared to have claimed her as their own. A lost soul, forever she had thought, meant to traverse the world in solitude, denied the comfort of her kind, and a chance to expand on the gifts she had already possessed; strength, aided by a volcanic adrenaline, or was it she brushed the Darkside on her own without the aid of a mentor.

"I am finished, young one. Do you recall a man or men who have tried to force themselves on you?" Zena flooded her with more questions before she could account for her amnesia.

"I saw you walked a past of a solitary existence. You have power in you that is beast-like in nature. Every altercation you are approached with releases this entity with an unbridled ferocity. It could be your own Darksoul wishing its liberty to rage havok on your enemies. We can train you to control this cogent attritubute, furthering your skills in warfare, and connection to the Force of Darkness."

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 10-24-2002 05:51 AM:

The young woman stood and turned away from Zena, wrapping her arms around her waist. With her back to Zena, Bella closed her eyes and focused on remembering.

Nothing there. All she could still remember was the dark and ominous presence. She could still remember the blow, feel it too. She reached up, removing her left hand from around her waist, reaching up, she touched the back of her head.

Her head still throbbed a bit, but there was no indication that she had received a blow to the back of the head.

Bella's arm eventually found its way back around her waist and her being finding itself to turn back around to face the woman again.

Bella's soft brown eyes avoided the woman's.

"I...I don't remember," she said softly.

The woman's words had brought Bella no comfort, nothing hardly ever did. She'd never really known what it was like to feel and have comfort, something so rare to her world.

Bella's eyes, shortly after she had spoken, locked with Zena's. Anger flared within Bella's eyes.

"I'm glad I don't remember," she said, her voice matching what was found in her eyes, but her tone was still just as quiet.

"I want what belongs to me. I want what is mine," she said simply.

She wanted to be among the living again. She had a yearning desire for revenge. She wanted to someday seek comfort.

She wanted to belong to the Darkside more than ever.

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 10-24-2002 09:15 AM:

"Your resolute will is promising. If accepted here as an apprentice, your master in training will assist you in the complicated undertaking of the reconstruction of your identity. Are you willing to obey without question if recruited into the Sith Empire? You shall be expected to serve with honor, loyalty, and an uncompromised dedication."

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 10-24-2002 10:01 AM:

The Darkside hopeful had to be sure of her answer, she did not want to answer now, and then regret her choice later. The room was filled with silence for a moment or two as Bella gave the question great consideration.

There would be no taking back of her answer, once she answered, it was done.

The browned haired woman knew what she wanted, so there should have been no real reason for her to depate over the question. The answer could have been given in its simplest form, yet Bella did not answer it that way.

"Not willing, I am ready, and will obey without question should I be accepted into the Sith Empire. I will serve with complete honor, loyalty, and dedication"

Posted by Dark Lady Zena on 10-28-2002 05:47 PM:

.."Then you shall await a Council elder whom will see if you are worthy of indoctrination into this notable Empire. Do you like the cold and fire, young one? You had better learn be comfortable with its extremes if you are accepted as a Disciple.".. Zena's chilling threat trailed off as escaping vapor while methodically retreating into the shadows, submerged in its abysmal obscurity.

Posted by Bella Zumtra on 10-28-2002 11:13 PM:

Bella's soft brown eyes remained transfixed on the woman as she retreated into the shadows, where she had first come from.

Zena's unsettling words did not frighten the woman, even if she did not feel comfortable now, she would in time.

Bella's journey had only just begun. Now it was up to the council, her fate rested in their hands.
Working...
X