<with an ominous hiss, the turbolift doors slide open>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <with an ominous hiss, the turbolift doors slide open>

<From the inky blackness inside the lift, there is a slight movement. No more than the rise and fall of a human chest... No matter how you strain your eyes, that's the only motion you can percieve. Still, something about this figure inside of the durasteel tubing unnerves you. Without warning of any sort, the black shrouded figure bursts out of the lift in a flurry of black silk. From inside the whirlwind of dark cloth, you faintly detect the thin line of a curved scimitar, and a small orange sphere. You can barely follow the moves of the sword, flashing and darting about in the When the person finally winds down and stands stock still at attention in the middle of the chamber, you notice that the highly polished blade did not nick the voluminous cloak in a single instance. Then, with a flick of the wrist, the blade is sheathed. From the other gloved hand, the person produces what seems to be an orange pear. The sphere! Then, in a faintly raspy voice, the figure stares at the fruit and speaks>

"Moonglow. A perilous treat, but it is known to be one of the most highly sought after delicacies in the known universe. Still, it is only available for the extraordinarily risky person, as the fruit also contains one of the most potent toxins known. A single fruit contains enough poison to kill over 300 fully grown rancors, and will drop a man in a second. To properly prepare, it requires over 34 precise cuts. A single wrong move can prove most.... unfortunate."

<At this, the figure blows lightly on the top of the fruit, which collapses into a small flower shape. Slowly, diliberately, the figure selects a slice, and brings it up to his face.>

"A deadly treat indeed. Consider it my gift, and my application"

<With that, the figure pops the slice in his mouth, chews and swallows. With an impish grin, he sets the fruit on the nearest table and strides out of the room>

Re: &lt;with an ominous hiss, the turbolift doors slide open

"...Going, so fast?"
    The Sith disciples voice echoed throughout the recruitment halls as the petite figure spoke to the man from behind. Her arms were crossed across her stomach, and her piercing eyes shone crimson in the dimmed lighting of the room.
    "...State your business at our Empire, traveller, and make haste about it. You seem to be in a rush, anyway."

Comment

<As the thin voice of the disciple wafts across the cold air, the man stops with one foot in the door, and one foot out. Slowly and deliberatly, he turns around, dropping the hood of his cloak to his shoulders in the process, exposing a shaggy mane of brown hair so dark, it seems the color of the night. With purpose, he strides back into the center of the hall, and speaks again in the same sibilant tones, this time with a barely discernable glint in his steel grey eyes.>

"Alas, your reputation of cruelty to new recruits preceeds you, most esteemed Sith lords. My original plan was to present you with my gift,"

<He nods at the fruit sitting on the table>

"and leave to give you some time to deliberate. I seem to have a penchant for the dramatic, if you will. If you had deemed my gift acceptable, inside the moonglow you would have found a com-link attuned to a private frequency."

<With this, the silver scimitar leaves it's sheath again. With a three lightning quick cuts, the top of the remaining fruit is removed, and with another deft flick of the tip of the blade, a shining silver comlink flips through the air and lands at your feet>

"I would have been reachable at any time. And as to my reason for being in these drafty halls, I believe i made it rather obvious. But, if it pleases my lord's, i shall stay here and await your judgement. Do as you will, i have no other place to be, no other reason to live..."

<Sheathing his blade, he assumes a position of military ease, and awaits a reply...>

Comment

Sieken stood next to his friend Lana and raised a brow at the creatures words.

' Hmm'

Comment

A thickly accentuated regal voice spoke from the left, as Lord Van-Derveld came into view; arms crossed over his chest.

"I can assure you that simply presenting us with some flimsy trinket will get you no where. I do not recognise you, therefore your reputation does not proceed you allowing us to have some food for thought on the matter of your application. Hence, you will need to provide us with reasons why we should even consider admitting you."

Comment

<The man immediatly stands stiffly at attention, and replies to Lord Van Derveld's question.>

"A reason for considering me? I can give you no other reason than that I can offer my body, mind and soul to the dark side. I have no family, no relatives, no friends. For years, i have lived alone on my homeworld, surviving in jungles teeming with wildlife. This life of solitude suited me just fine, until one day two years ago. An old man intruded upon my solace in the jungle. This man was strange, clad in dun colored robes and wielded what i believed to be a metal club of some sort. I was wrong."

<At the recollection of the memory, the man's eyes thin into slits>

"This was one of the J'ai... as we call them on my world, but I believe your term for them is the Jedi. This man said he sought me out because he felt a 'presence' near him. He claimed to have the ability to accomplish miracles, and he offered to teach me. I learned under him for nearly a year. He told me i was the quickest study he had come across yet, but that i was not taking the time to learn the 'proper way' to wield this 'Force'. So... after taking two more weeks of this drivel, and not increasing in power in any way, shape or form... I killed him. I was tired of his wimpy ways, and i decided to seek out a route to more power. I heard of these Sith, who wielded the flip side of the force i had been taught, and decided to try my luck with these more powerful beings. The philosophy behind this method of teaching seemed to suit myself much better"

<With his history recounted, the man takes a deep breath, and kneels before the council. When he lifts his head, the steely eyes glint with an almost religious fervor. When he speaks again the voice is quieter, but no less confident>

"I have no worldly possesions, and no ties to anyone or anything. I only have two things to offer to the Sith Empire. Myself, and my undying loyalty."

Comment

She looked over to Sieken and offered a small half-smile before doing the same to Lord Vega. Shifting slightly, the disciple hushed, allowing for Vega to take over in pressuring the hopeful.

Comment

<The man looks curiously at the disciple, wondering what brought on these little gestures. Then, he glances around, wondering where the lords that would decide his fate had gone...>

Comment

This one seemed odd, somehow... very hopeful to himself. He seemed as if he thought he had a shot at making it into the Empire. Although many before him posessed this, none had ever exhibited it with such zeal.

"An enthaustaic one, aren't ya?"

The massive shapeshifter steped out from the shadows, barely visable amongst the dimmly lit side.

Comment

Sith Knight Daegal Murdoch stepped from the shadows, looking on at the newcomer with a stone-cold, emotionless face. Time and time again these recruits come through here, each thinking he was something special, something unique. So very few were actually granted admittance, yet they continued to come, and continued to be full of themselves until their variable balloon of self pride was promptly popped by a member of the Council. Yet, the balloons of some still remained unbroken, if slightly shrunk, for the first thing that one learns as a member of this Empire is that respect is neither an option, nor a choice. It is a demand, punishable by death.

This newcomer seemed to possess respect, but at the same time he was slightly curious. Daegal put his arm around his wife and eternal companion, Lana, and nodded to both Lord Vega and his blood brother, Tempist. He would watch these proceedings with interest.

Comment

<Sensing a strange tension in the room, the man shifts almost imperceptibaly. Glancing at the two new Knights inside the recruitment hall, the concrete mask of the persons face cracks for such a small instant, you almost think you imagined it. Still, the person seems indecisive as to how to reply to these statements. Shifting again, he stares straight ahead and addresses all those present.>

"Enthusiastic, my lord? I don't quite get what you are talking of. My only wish is to become one of the Sith... to increase my power, and to assist the Empire in all ways imaginable. I do not doubt that the power i can add to the might that is the Sith Empire is barely consequential, but i hope to change that. I believe that if i am accepted, we could come to an agreement that would be equally..... beneficial My 'zeal' that you speak of is only my desire to do what I can to further our shared cause..."

<With this statement, the man resumes his unmoving stance, and stares at the wall straight ahead to await further questioning. Still, despite his seemingly cowed personality, you can only see the fires within those haunting grey eyes burning hotter. A passion burns within this young man, a secret of some sort....>

Comment

<The mans waits for a response, but hears none. Did he offend one of the lords with a previous statement?>

Comment

"No, that's not what I ment. You just seem to want this more than most who come here. If you have the same attitude twards your studies and your battles, then you will be a powerful Sith indeed. But other than your apparent desire to be admitted, what seperates you from all others who try to join? Why should the council even bother discussing over you?"

Comment

<The man tilts his head to one side, and ponders this question. After a few moments, he straightens, and gives his reasons...>

"Why indeed... I know nothing of the other 'hopefuls', so i cannot say what i do and do not possess that can rival them. The only thing i do know is that i have the raw will, and determination to surpass any of my present peers if i am given the chance. I am an extraordinarily quick learner, and will can live up to my claims. I ask only for a way i can prove myself in the eyes of the Lords."

<His reply said, the man bows his head, and waits for judgement>

Comment

After a short pause, Tempist continued his questioning.

"In battle, if you were up against say... perhaps a medium sized raincor, what would you do? Would you run, and hope it tires itself out, or would you attempt to kill it on the spot?"

This question might have confused the newcomer slightly, but Tempist hoped that this man understood why it was asked. This man looked promising.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1