X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Date: Redemption of a fallen lover

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-11-2002 07:04 PM:
    A Date: Redemption of a fallen lover

Talus had dropped a note off under her door, it was a simple note and a simple request.

Meet me for dinner at Rama's at 2100, I'll be at the table in the back, with the flowers and candles. Don't be late!

And he was in the back, wearing a sport's coat and black khaki pants, his hair was tied back neatly in a tight pony tail. His beard trimmed sharply to the contours of his face. There was a hint of anticipation in his eyes and he could feel his heart racing a million miles a second, as was his mind.

Please let her come... I don't want to screw this up again... We'll take it slowly, one date at a time... Work things out...

His hand shook as he took a sip of scotch to calm his nerves. It was 2045, he'd been there since 2000, making sure everthing was perfect.

15 more minutes....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-11-2002 07:32 PM:

Nikka was in a relaxing mood. She just had her herbal shower just a few moments ago as she stepped out of the fresher with her bathrobe on. Her large black candles were lit, and all the lights were shut off, setting a mood of pure relaxation and meditation on the Dark Side. Just as she made her way over to her desk she saw the slip of paper lying on the floor that had been slid underneath the door. Nikka bent down and picked it up, curious as to what it was and what it said.

"Hmm what's this?"

As she read over it, a flurry of mixed emotions ran through her body knowing who it was from. She slumped down in the chair, sighing, unsure of what she should do... Or rather, what she had done. Nikka had been acting so distant and bitter as of late, she could have shut out one of the closest friends she ever had among the Empire. But the note... it had to be a sign that things would have to be worked out between her and Talus. She missed him and that's why she had been so angry with herself. Her eyes danced over to a holophoto of him that was kept on the nightstand. What she wouldn't give to be held by him again... and more. Just one more night... One more night is all she would need.

I have to go... I can't just let him go forever... he's a part of me and he always will be.

Standing up from the chair, she began her preparations for the evening.

~~~~~

Precisely at 2100, Nikka stepped in the door to the establishment, Rama's Corner. She was dressed rather elegantly, a long black dress, sleeveless and her hair draping around her shoulders. Truly, Nikka was the dark angel of the evening as she strode through the crowd... Many heads turned as she walked by them.

And there was the table, there he was sitting there in the dimly lit corner of the bar. Nikka could tell he was nervous as his back was to her. She was about to approach him, but she froze. They had drifted so far apart, she didn't know what to say when she saw him. Remaining still, Nikka was breathless. It was as if she wanted him to sense her nearby... and silently she awaited when he would.

"..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-12-2002 09:46 AM:

Talus' jitters suddenly stoped, the blood in his viens ran cold.

She came...

He sighed, relieved that she did not dismiss his invitation. Standing slowly he turned, it was nearly too much, she was absolutely stunning. Her crimson tresses draped over her shoulders perfectly, he ivory shoulders radiated in sharp contrast to the seductive shadow of a dress she wore.

The young man's mouth gaped open just slightly, she always had that impact on him when he would first see her, it was just tonight he wasn't going to hide it from her.

"Y-y-you look w-w-wonderful N-nikka," He stuttered, his hands shook violently. Breathing deeply he clenched his fist and placed his arms behind him. Regaining his compsure he smiled and motioned for her to take a seat, which he pulled out away from the table to assist her; "Please join me..."

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-12-2002 03:35 PM:

Nikka let a long, slow breath escape her lips as he stood before her, looking into his dark eyes. He was very stunning indeed and so distinguished. Her mouth then fell open as well when she looked to him.

Damn...

She felt a tingling surge run through her body and senses. It was as if she had first laid eyes on him. She remembered that day well and felt the old sensations come back.

Running her hand through her fiery locks, she nodded with a coy smile at his compliment.

"Thank you, Talus." As she sat down, she watched as he followed and sat across from her. Her palms were sweating so bad, they were practically soaked. "It is ... nice to see you again." There was a hint of nervousness in her voice. She wasn't sure that was the right thing to say.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-13-2002 08:00 PM:

Talus gazed across the table at Nikka, looking her in the eyes. The entire room seemed to disappear, save her.

"These are for you..." He said softly as he handed her Hapean Roses. The corner they were in was out of the way, none of the drunks and ne'er-do-wells were in the vincinity. A server droid came over and asked if he could help them.

"Yes we'll take a bottle of Allderaan Port and a plate of oysters please." Talus replied elegantly, it seemed his normal edge was gone and in its place was a perfect gentleman.

"How has the day treated you?"

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-13-2002 09:55 PM:

Nikka smiled brightly as he handed her the beautiful roses. The fragrant smell of them was so intoxicating she had to lay them down in the empty chair next to her.

"Thank you, they're so beautiful."

She plucked one from the bouquet and placed it in her hair behind her ear, careful not to pierce herself with one of the thorns. As the server droid walked away, she nodded her thanks, then turned back to her company.

"It's been treating me fairly well, to say the least." She paused for a brief second to sip from the water glass that was in front of her. "And yourself?"

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-14-2002 08:51 PM:

"Better now that you accepted my request for a date." He used his most charming smile as he spoke to her. His hand reached across the table clenching hers for a bried moment as he looked into her eyes.

I'm sorry for being such a fool lately, I never stopped thinking or caring, I just stopped showing it...

Talus wanted to say those words to her but his pride got the better of him. He squeezed her hand affectionately for a second and then let it go. Just as he did the droid reappeared with the wine and oyseters.

"Ah, excellent. A glass Nikka?"

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-14-2002 10:02 PM:

She just smiled and took his hand as he reached across the table and clenched it, squeezing it briefly in return. It surprised her when he let it go but it was at the moment when the waiter walked up to them with the wine and food. As he offered a glass to her, she nodded.

"Sure."

She watched as the waiter began to pour them both a glass of the wine, then her eyes drifted back to Talus again. It was almost as if she sensed something in him, like a hint of regret surrounding his aura. It wasn't her imagination because she could hone in on feelings such as this. But she began to feel guilty herself.

I'm so sorry for acting so... distant, like I never appreciated what you've done for me.

This made her think of the med bay incident and how she just walked away from him. She would have spoken this as well, but she just felt the moment wasn't right... yet.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-15-2002 03:32 PM:

Talus carefully poured her a glass of wine and handed it to her, smiling at her he raised his own glass and spoke; "To friends, to lovers, to comrades, to enemies, life would not be worth living without any all of these."

Talus took a sip of his wine and sat it down. Taking a oyster he proceeded to endulge his tastes with it.

"Would you care for one Nikka?"

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-15-2002 04:49 PM:

Nikka raised her glass as well and listened as he spoke. As he finished, she smiled and drank half of the wine down and placed the glass on the table.

"I'll drink to that."

Then he offered one of the oysters to her. She'd never had them before and was a little hesitant at first.

"Sure, I'll try one."

Somehow the smell of them wasn't agreeing with her, but she took one anyway and took a bite. The taste was unlike anything she had ever experienced before.

"Very unique." She chuckled slightly. "Very unique indeed."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-16-2002 01:31 AM:

Talus winked and smiled at Nikka; "I believe you are using what is called tact to say that you think these are the most goshawful things you've ever tasted."

He grinned as he swallowed another one down.

"Would you care for something else?"

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-16-2002 01:54 AM:

She simply chuckled and sallowed what was left of it; the taste was rather bitter, something that Nikka wasn't used to. Immediately, she went for the wine glass and downed a couple of drinks to cover the taste up a bit. She nodded as Talus offered something else.

"They are rather extravagant, but I'm just not used to them. Seafood wasn't exactly a cuisine I dabbled in." She chuckled again. "But yes, I believe I will have a plate of Hapan cheeses and some crackers to go with it." She motioned for the waiter.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-17-2002 12:53 PM:

Talus nodded; "To each their own."

He poured himself another glass of wine and looked at Nikka's glass it was nearly empty as well, taking the elegant container in hand he poured her another serving as well.

"Tell me about you're homeworld. I've never visited Hapes in my travels, I know very little about it."

Leaning back he took a sip from his glass, wine had little effect on his genetically altered constitution, but he enjoyed the taste none the less.

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-17-2002 04:20 PM:

"There's not much to see really," She said with a rather blunt tone. It was obvious that she has a hatred for her homeworld. The wealthy ruled it while the poor suffered. She was one that suffered.

"It's a peaceful planet nestled in its own little corner of the galaxy. I'd say it's about 12 parsecs from here. If you're into the whole royalty-rules-the-the world type thing, then it's the place for you."

She said this with a glee in her voice that sounded rather grim. The thought of returning there made her ill, but that was in her plan since the discovery she found. She wasn't sure how to tell Talus about this...

"I have to go back soon... I've got unfinished business I need to attend to.."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-19-2002 08:52 AM:

Talus' eyebrow raised at the mention of unfinished business; "Oh and do you care to share?" He asked again in his whimsical tone.

Putting his glass to the table he motioned for the waiter, he had finished his oysters and was ready for a salad.

"Anything for you?" He asked; "I'm sorry I interrupted please... continue."

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-19-2002 09:50 PM:

"I'll have that plate of Hapan cheeses and salad as well, no dressing."

She nodded to the waiter then focused her attention back to his question about the unfinished business. Nikka sighed almost grimly, her breath heaved a slight tremble... She just didn't know how to tell him this. How he would react was unpredictable... Nikka just took a deep breath to calm herself down and looked him straight in the eyes...

"Well, there is something you should know. And this isn't bad news... well, it sort of is, but then again, it isn't."

Nikka dried her hands on her napkin, trying to get it to absorb the sweat that had soaked her shaking hands once again.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-20-2002 05:28 PM:

Talus looked at her straight in the face and said; "You're married." His jaw dropped for a second and then he started laughing.

"So what do you need to tell me, I apologize for my wise crack." He said with a smile that said it didn't matter he would still feel the same way about her no matter her past.

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-20-2002 11:44 PM:

Nikka didn't laugh at his wise crack at all and was dead serious about what she was going to say.

"You knew I was married... you also knew my husband was dead. I told you that, remember?"

She leaned all the way back in her chair and sighed in near disgust. "Well, I discovered that he's alive... Don't ask me how."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-22-2002 12:01 PM:

"Yes but you said he was de..." Talus stopped, his anger flaired again. But he contained it, although his wine glass did not.

"I'll kill him..." he mumbled.

Looking at Nikka he motioned to the server to approach;

"When do we leave?" his voice was more of a growl than words.

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-22-2002 08:10 PM:

"In a few hours."

She smirked and raised her eyebrows at his anger that flared, but said nothing else.

"I must gather some fellow members to accompany me. I'm not doing this alone."

The waiter approached with their food. Nikka nodded and began to eat as he walked away. Nikka quirked an eyebrow at Talus again while sipping from her wine. She could feel that he wanted the man dead.

"I don't blame you for wanting to kill him, and I can sense it in you. I really hate to do this, but I must get going.. I have a lot to do before setting off..."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 11-30-2002 04:05 PM:

Talus motioned for her to go as she pleased. He had things to think of and ponder.

The bill sir... Croaked the server droid.

Talus tossed it a few credits and sat back in his chair to savor the wine and consider his next move.

Posted by Nikka Darkstorm on 11-30-2002 10:19 PM:

No thoughts came to mind as she stood outside the door after departing the bar, soaking wet from the pouring rain, her head dangling low, nothing covering it. The roses were gripped in her hand, but were wilting from the dampness of the downpour. She began to head back toward headquarters and halfway there, she just let them drop to the ground. She then ambled off to her quarters to begin preparations for her voyage. It felt like the end was near for her, but she kept going.

Another love lost... Another love buried.
Working...
X