X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Circle (Klis and open)

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-07-2002 07:50 PM:
    Broken Circle (Klis and open)

The bar had been fairly busy even though it was earley in the morning. Full of non-force users, ending a late night of drinking, with a few exceptions. Two men walked into the bar, and found empty stools at the counter.

"One water.", the elder of the two said to the barkeep.

"Make your order Klis, and then point out a random person to me."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Klis on 09-07-2002 07:55 PM:

Klis ordered something hard. He needed to wake up, and alcohol seemed to be like a good idea.
    He looked around the bar and picked out a young female who was acompanied by an older male. Probably a slave girl of some kind.
    He nodded in her direction.
    "Her. What's this for master?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-10-2002 03:57 PM:

Tempist spoke to Klis again, this time through the force.

Today, I will introduce you to the basics of the more mental aspects of the force. This includes, when you have enough power: mind reading, illusions;which I will not teach you, inducing headaches, and when we are both more powerful, taking over bodies of weaker beings. We will start out with sensing basic emotions and thoghts. I want you to open yourself up to the Darkside more, reach out with it, and feel what she is thinking.

Tempist took a sip of his water, and motioned for Klis to begin.

Posted by Klis on 09-13-2002 05:46 AM:

The disciple nodded, took a swig of his drink and turned t'ward the lady.
    Klis leaned heavily against the bar counter, just relaxing, relaxing his concentration and his mind, his muscles and his body. He focused on her studying her and thought of random questions he'd be asking if they were speaking.
    He allowed the force to ask those questions for him and in return the force transported a wealth of knowledge about her.

After a couple minutes of silence Klis focused his speech into Tempist's mind so none but Temp could hear him.
    "She's happy, she excited about something."
    The disciple focused for a few more minutes.
    "That's all I can get master.."

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-18-2002 09:49 PM:

Not bad, but this time, just open yourself up to the force, and become one with it. Reach out with it, and touch her mind. Do not hear what she is saying, feel what she is saying.

There were a few other choice people here for him to test Klis on, but he wanted to see how far he could take it with this woman untill he could grab no more from her mind.

Posted by Klis on 09-19-2002 05:29 AM:

Klis nodded to his Master. He turned back to the woman. The disciple let the force overcome him, and focused on the little bit of force the woman had in her. He expanded the force to see more, until he felt an outlining of her. Klis felt everything he could about her, her little white lies, her soreness, her enthuasium about her brother coming home.
    Klis could feel what she was thinking now, but only surface thoughts. She had a slight thirst, her instinct was to get a drink. She had an itch.. reached to scratch it.
    He shook his head and informed his Master of all he felt.
    "I don't know if this is what you're seeking me to do Master."

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-22-2002 01:29 PM:

Good, you pick up on things quickly. Now, move onto a different person. Find one that has had a large liquor intake. You'll find that the more inebreated they are, the easier they are to look into, and tamper with. This is a good way to practice, shifting from the drunk to the sober in each session, and trying to go further each time. The mind is a wonderful thing to twist. This is also where you can find your illusions. Although I don't use them, or recomend them, this is where you can start building up to them for yourself.

Posted by Klis on 09-24-2002 03:03 PM:

Klis skimmed the room for a target, he found a complete drunkard in a corner. The stench of alcohol could be smelt from across the room.
    Klis focused on the being, he watched him long and hard, he eyes slowly shutting, viewing with the force.
    He shook his head, rubbing his temples and tried again. Trying hard. The disciple spoke to his master while still focusing on the drunk.

"Master.. I.. I can sort of feel his feelings. But yet. They're so cluttered. I can't pick apart one thing from another. It's like being in a small room with hundreds of people... all talking at once. An extreme amount of clatter. And feelings.. and vibrations."
    Klis shook he ahead again, his connection with the drunk lost.
    He rubbed his temples, a headache building. He turned to his Master, searching for guidance.
    "Why is this..?"

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-24-2002 03:29 PM:

You see, liquor, and alcohol in general, has some interesting effects on the mind. Not just humans, but all creatures. In some cases, it will help losen the mind, and make it easier to think, as well as get into. In others though, like that particular man, it brings a few revelations. They become confused, and thoughts blend together into one long dreamscape. This is drunks can be both fun and challenging, to descipher one is to know that you've a grasp on their mind, unless it was easy to begin with.

Also, a reason why I stopped drinking.

Explore his mind a little, drop a few small sugguestions into his head. Watch the reaction he gets.

Posted by Klis on 09-24-2002 03:37 PM:

The disciple nodded, he turned back to the drunkard. Gazing at him, studying him, he slowly let his eyes drift shut, letting the force overcome him, reaching out to the being.
    The clatter began to grow loud in Klis' ears. Louder still. He began to wade through the noise. Letting his mind step to each individual conversation. The noise seemed unbearable. But he focused hard. He picked apart the feelings of confusion, relaxation, and anger in one.
    The disciple tampered with his nervous system. Adding a slight itch to his forearm.
    Then again, making it more annoying. And more annoying.
    Until the man had made a decently bad looking rash on his arm. Then the man's anger welled more and took another long drink.
    Klis did the same, he pulled his bottle to his lips and drank slowly.
    Klis then tried to search deeper into his mind. To find why he decided to become such a drunk. To wash away his sorrows.
    After a few moments. Klis stopped and turned to his master.
    "I can still only read surface thoughts, I barely got a glimpse of the inner trouble's he was facing."

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-24-2002 06:19 PM:

It will take a while, but with time time and practice, you will be able to do so much more. As it is, you've faired better than most desciples would on such subject matter. Keep up with it for a while, you'll get better.

Posted by Klis on 09-24-2002 08:41 PM:

Klis nods to his master's words. He turns back to a sober victim. Relaxing and focusing.. but not on the sober being. On his master. He knows that Tempist will easily be able to tell of Klis' intentions, but he means no harm. Just wants to see what if he can get into Temp.
    He focused long and hard.. letting the force overwhelm him, but the force power of his master is far too demanding. So much cladder, making it difficult to detect his master's even slightest intentions.
    He grins at his master after failing miserably.
    "Sorry Master. Couldn't help myself." He turns back to his original sober target and begins to slowly breach their mind...

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-24-2002 09:07 PM:

Tempist smiled again. His apprentice was going ahead of the plan.

Things are a bit different when dealing with force users, once you have delt with someone going in your head, you develep barriers for yourself. My defenses are a bit higher than most, I stuck with building them after fighting an illusionist. I recomend you do the same, but practice on non-force users for now. Later on, see if you can get someone's permission to try on them. Spars are also good to try it on, it can have some interesting effects.

Posted by Klis on 09-25-2002 05:28 AM:

Klis had just gotten done with making his target's drink look alot more empty than it really was. So when he ordered another, he was completely confused as to why the drone wouldn't just refil it.

He turned his head t'ward his master and listened.
    "How do you build defenses? Is it just a natural process?"
    He pondered his next question.
    "And how are you speaking that way to me? As far as I knew, only my species could focus their waves on a single target."

Posted by Tempist Opps on 09-29-2002 11:49 AM:

Speaking through the force is another benefit of using the menal feild of the force. It allows discrepency, style, and some interesting effects in battle.

The defenses on the other hand, are a little of both. When someone gets into your mind, you learn to be more aware, and natural defense gets raised. You can heighten it yourself though, by strenthening your own mind. Read, and learn. Experement with the force, practice. There are other ways too, which I disaprove of, because the benefits aren't nearly as great.

Posted by Klis on 09-29-2002 02:59 PM:

Klis listened intently. After hearing his master's words he leaned against the bar, yawned and took another swig of his drink.
    "I understand Master. What do we do next?"

Posted by Tempist Opps on 10-10-2002 03:27 PM:

Now, you practice. Mingle with a few of the regulars, experement with what you now know. Perhaps you will discover an effect you might like in battle.

Tempist stood, and looked to the 'tender.

"Put anything he orders on my tab."

By the way, you have the rest of the day free, to do as you wish. You also have my permission to spar if you'd like.

The Knight walked twards the door, took a final look around, and made his way out, to his forge. He had a few things to finish.

Posted by Klis on 10-11-2002 05:29 AM:

Klis watched his master leave the bar. He sat silently, thinking about this little mind session. Klis looked to the tender and ordered his last drink, for perhaps a while.
    Klis rose to his feet and headed to the streets to find a few victims.
Working...
X