No announcement yet.

Insanity is only a narrow bridge (open)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insanity is only a narrow bridge (open)

Posted by Raine Sarin on 08-11-2002 07:28 PM:
    Insanity is only a narrow bridge (open)

*Sitting at one of the darker tables was one of the Empire's Sith Lords. Usually a quiet, introverted man, he figured it couldn't hurt to give a try to being "social". It would take his mind off of other things.
    So, he sat in the bar, at a table, with his usual small glass of absinthe before him. Trying not to look like he would rip out the throat of the first person to say anything to him.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Sway on 08-11-2002 08:09 PM:

"Sith Lord Raine Sarin." A female voice called out.

She was already standing in front of the Lord's table when he looked up, her arms crossed in her back as she looked down on him, smiling gently.

"Care for some company ?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Raine Sarin on 08-11-2002 08:12 PM:

"I do not see why not."

*With a slight wave of a hand, the chair nearest to the young woman was pushed out so that she could sit in it.*

"Would you like anything to drink?"

*The words came out somewhat awkwardly. It was not often that Raine was polite to someone.*

Posted by Sway on 08-11-2002 08:19 PM:

"Just a small JD; I don't handle acohol very well." She replied, half-embarassed.

The woman wore a white sleeveless shirt with white gloves, and black pants and boots and from her neck, a long scarf hanging. She then held her hand up towards the Lord, still smiling.

"I'm Sway."

Posted by Raine Sarin on 08-11-2002 08:26 PM:

"I know."

*He smirked slightly and then ordered himself another round as well as the JD for Sway.*

"You will have to forgive me, I am not that good with conversation."

Posted by Sway on 08-11-2002 08:29 PM:

"Well, hope that changes tonight."

Sway finally took her seat and looekd around the place the Lord had picked to sit at. It seemed rather out of place and dark. Not surprising, she thought as her gaze fell on the Lord. Constantly smiling, she tilted her head to the side.

"Why did you pick a place like this to sit at ?"

Posted by Raine Sarin on 08-11-2002 08:41 PM:

"I enjoy the shadows. For what reason I do, I am not sure of. They have always been comforting. As for this particular table..."

*Looking down he traced his fingers over a few of the deep scratches in the wood.*

"I have sat here since I first joined the Empire. There are many memories here. Some good, some bad. All of them etched into this place."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-11-2002 08:56 PM:

"A romantic story my lord..." Talus' voice trailed off a bit, he wasn't a very social individual himself, but if he was to succeed and survive in this place he was going to have to make some aquaintances. He then turned his attention to the young woman sitting next to the Sith Lord and smiled cold, yet with a certain charm. "I am Talus Invictus, a new apprentice of Lord Darkstar's, do you mind if I join you for a drink or two?" Talus waved over the droid and ordered a Correllian Scotch and water and awaited the answer of the Sith Lord and his lovely companion.

Posted by Raine Sarin on 08-11-2002 09:25 PM:

"If you wish to sit here, I will not stop you."

*It wasn't long before the droid returned with Sway's JD, Talus' Scotch, and the glass of emerald green liquid for the Sith Lord. With a few small jestures the drinks were levitated and set down before those that ordered them.*

"So, tell me. What brought you both here?"

Posted by Alisa Sha on 08-11-2002 10:38 PM:

~Sith Warrior Alisa Sha entered her brother's bar to see her Master with not only one but two people at his table. She blinked to see if it was really true...her Master, being sociable? Ok, something must be wrong, she thought. Alisa walked over to his table with a smile.~

"Why hello, Master. It is good to see you. May I join the party?"

Posted by Raine Sarin on 08-11-2002 10:47 PM:

"A party?"

*He looked around slightly and shrugged his shoulders slightly*

"Well, I see no party. But indeed, Alisa, you may join us. I doubt the others will mind."

*Alisa knew Raine, and it was more than obvious to his apprentice that the Sith Lord was a tad bit uncomfortable. And he was rightly so, for sitting in a bar with three others at his table was very different from sitting in his dark room by himself lost in a meditative trance.*

Posted by Alisa Sha on 08-11-2002 11:00 PM:

~Alisa smiled and took a chair next to her Master and then ordered a brandy. She looked at the other two she had not met yet and decided to introduce herself.~

"Hello. I'm Alisa Sha, apprentice to Lord Sarin. Nice to meet you both."

Posted by Sway on 08-12-2002 06:08 AM:

"I'm Sway, not from here." The girl re-introduced herself.

She smiled to the Lord's apprentice gently and took a small sip of her JD.

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-12-2002 07:32 AM:

Rising as the newcomer came to the table, Talus nodded in respect to the newest member of the party. Talus took a seat as far as possible from the rest of the group as he could get and still be considered apart of the table. Looking at Lord Sarin he nodded and gently spoke; "I am a new recruit to the Empire m'Lord, I came without invitation, so I do not have any ready made aquaintances, my master Lord DarkStar is the only one I...know, for lack of better word and if I am to survive here, I wil have to change that, even though my nature would prefer that I simply just train with my master." Talus attempted what could be refered to as a smile and then simply sipped his Scotch and water and was silent again.

Posted by Raine Sarin on 08-12-2002 09:10 PM:

*Raine smirked and chuckled slightly before taking another drink from the glass of Absinthe before him.*

"You would be surprised how well off you can be if you simply only speak with your Master. However, I would not fully recommend it. But remember, too much socialization can be just as much of a bad thing as keeping fully to yourself. Learn your own personal balance between the two and you should be successful on both accounts."

Posted by Talus Invictus on 08-12-2002 09:46 PM:

Talus respected this man, not just the respect that was due to a Sith Lord but rather he respected the man's ideas as well.
    "I agree m'lord, I have studied some holocrons in our organizations archives, it seems far too many times, these so called friendships formed between members becomes a thorn in the side of the empire especially if one is unloyal to the cause." Talus looked down at his drink and took another sip

"and what are your thoughts on the matter, Miss Sway and Warrior Sha?"

Talus glanced over at the two women sitting at the table with him and Lord Sarin, one was a warrior, of a most powerful family in the Empire the other an outsider, but familiar all the same.
Working...
X