Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Sanctuary

<ul><li>
    Alana reflects on the events that transpired in her life over the past three years as the transport shuttle makes its leisurely way across the vast reaches of space. So much had happened that most of it felt as if it were just a dream. No. More like a nightmare that she just couldn't wake herself up from. Her three year old stirs on her lap, pulling her from her thoughts briefly. A slender hand rises to stroke the back of his head, his hair still baby soft felt like silk against her skin. He settles once again against her shoulder and drifts off to sleep once more.
    </li>

"It'sss not wissse to brrring children in here,"

A hiss came from somewhere infront of Alana. Out of the shadows in one of the booths a white-skinned man rose, his jet black eyes staring directly at the two. The Vampire Sith approached the woman slowly, his head canting somewhat.

"Why arrre you herrre?" he questioned.

Comment

<ul><li>
      She heard the hissed voice, but didn't see the face, nor a body at first. As the white skinned man with eerie dark orbs emerged from the shadows, an audible gasp was heard just as Alana quickly lifted her son into her arms. With her left arm supporting the child under his bottom and the right arm draped up over the boy's back, she cups her hand against the back of his head and holds him tight to her while taking a few steps back from the barstool.
      </li></ul>

Comment

"Sss-anctuary?" the Sith snapped.

"You will find no sss-uch thing amongssst the Sith!"

Salem stood hunched, as ever, at a looming 6 foot 7 inches. It was his eyes that made people uneasy, as you could never tell where they were looking, or what was going on inside of them.

"Unless you intend to become one of usss, you will find nothing herrre but death."

Comment

<ul><li>
          Alana jumped as the man snapped at her, hugging her son tighter against her body. She cringes visibly as he continues his hissing snap at her while looming over she and her son. Leave it to the boy to the turn his head and look up at the scary creature. He immediately shrieks loudly, then begins to cry, burying his face into the crook of his mothers neck as he pulls a handful of her long, dark hair around to aid in his hiding.
          </li></ul>
          "Wh-what do you m-m-mean, b-become one of y-you?"

Comment

The display of fear shown by both the child and woman herself was elating, and gave Salem an unquenchable sense of power and ability. No doubt his appearance contributed mostly to this, but he found also that his attitude too was enough to make civilians cringe.

"I mean giving yourrrsss-elf to the darkssside."

Comment

"Why would I want to give myself to the darkside?!"

Comment

A tall man walked up next to Salem, and looked at the woman inquisitivly. He gave her a small smile, and spoke in a calm, soothing voice.

"Be not afraid, I will not harm you. I can't speak for Salem here though. My name is Tempist, would you care to have a drink?"

He motioned twards one of the tables, asking if she'd wish to sit and converse for a while.

Comment

<ul><li>
                  She looks to the new figure that appears beside the one whom seems to be enjoying the fact that he's scaring the living crap out of she and her son, but her own dark eyes quickly return to the white-skinned man. What was this?! Some kind of a cult conspiracy? That thought ran through her mind, though it fled just as fast when she heard the calm voice from the new arrival. She nodded her head ever so slowly, the movement may not even have been noticed by either of them, but she couldn't think of anything to say; all she knew was that she wanted to get away from the creepy one as fast as she could.

Comment

He smiled, and pulled out two chairs from the table, one for the woman, and one for her son. He pulled out his own chair manually, it being easier at the moment, and sat down.

"So, what, if I may ask, is your name?"

Comment

<ul><li>
                      Alana took a little longer to pull her eyes from the creepy ones. Though he was extremely terrifying, his gaze was rather hypnotic. Feeling a little, just a little, bit better about having someone else with her, she tries to set her son into the chair that was pulled out for him, but his tiny arms just clung tightly around her neck. Damn scary sithman who frightened him so badly. As if her son didn't suffer from horrible nightmares already, this would just add to them.
                      </li></ul>

Comment

Tempist stifled a laugh at her reaction to Salem. Although he was indeed a startling figure, there were many, many more terrifying things around.

"It's alright, most of us are a bit frightening at first. Have to keep up appearnaces I guess."

At this time, a serving droid stoped by their table, and asked them for their orders.

"Just water for me." he said to the droid, before turning to Alana. "Would you like anything?"

Comment

Watching with disgust as the Sith Knight befriended the woman, Salem retreated to the bar, where he sat down to watch from afar.

Comment

"Not for me, thank you, but could I get some juice or milk for my son?"

Comment

The droid scurried off upon hearing the word juice, and went into the back. Tempist looked at her son and a small smile started tugging at the corners of his mouth.

"Reminds me of my son, but younger looking."

His eyes moved back onto those of Alana.

"No, this is probably not the best place to seek sanctuary, unless you wish to learn the dark arts as well. With it not only comes a home, but power as well. That, I believe, is what the pale man you spoke to was hinting at."

Comment

Working...
                              X