X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shadow games (Macros)

Posted by Drako on 09-06-2002 01:51 PM:
    Shadow games (Macros)

DarkStar entered the training ground, warming up slightly as he did, loosening his muscles and freeing his mind. His apprentice Macros had expressed and intrested in the darker, more secretive side of DarkStar's abilites, Shadow games, the art of an assassin.

DarkStar had come at night, when the training hall was dark, he lit a small fire and waited for Macros to arrive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Macros on 09-06-2002 04:17 PM:

Macros stood on the edge of training grounds, composing himself aswell as deciding whether to make a showy entrance. He decided against it, simply walking upto his master and bowing his head.

"Greetings master, for what reason do we come here today?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Drako on 09-09-2002 04:16 AM:

DarkStar poked the embers of the fire for a moment, letting the fire burn brighter.

"We are here so I may teach you of shadow games and the ways of the assassin,"

DarkStar began to walk away from the fire, fadding into the darkness, motioning for Macros to follow,

"Use the Force to track me, your eyes will be no good in the darkness for a while, we've been stood near the fire too long,"

Posted by Macros on 09-09-2002 02:53 PM:

Macros nodded his head. Before he followed his master, he looked gradually from the light to the darkness, he walked slowly, allowing his eyes to adjust. He still could not see very well, but he had already learnt to track people in the dark, even the slightest movement he could detect, and use to his advantage.

"What the?!"

He cursed under his breath, he could not see or sense Darkstar by any of his normal senses. He shut his eyes slightly, and concentrated. Detecting his master's force signature to his right he followed him, or at least the direction he thought he was.

Suddenly, he could not sense Darkstar's presense at all. ALert, he twisted and turned, unsurprised when he found a dagger at his throat.

"Looks like I'm out of practice."

Macros' hand swiftly shot out and grabbed his knife hand as he ducked under it, the knife catching his skin only slightly. Trying to prise the knife out of Darkstar's hand, he realised he couldn't and rolled backwards. Laughing at himself and his master's uninterested expression he whispered, the dark surroundings making him feel uneasy, even though he'd lived in shadow most of his life,

"I hope to learn a lot from you, master. Nobody has ever managed to sneak up on me before..I want you to show me how you managed it."

Posted by Drako on 09-12-2002 03:37 PM:

"I will have no fear of that, but first I want to test your skills, three men will come and sit by the camp fire in a moment and a fourth will stand a little way from it. Kill the distant man without alerting the others, then kill the other three as quickly and silently as you can,"

DarkStar put his knife away and folded his arms, watching and waiting, it was obvious he was going to say no more but was going to watch Macros's performance very closely,

Posted by Macros on 09-13-2002 03:59 PM:

Macros looked at his Master, realising he would say no more he analysed the situation carefully. He had no idea how they were armed, he only assumed that if he made a mistake it could cost him his life...

Keeping to the shadows, he rounded the clearing slowly, his well practiced ability to stay silent showing here. As he stalked he took out a small tube, undecorated - a simple black paint which did not reflect the light was all that covered it. Storing it in his mouth he sank back deep into the shadows. Crouching down he searched his many pouches, quickly finding one full of poison darts. Carefully he removed one and replaced the pouch, then loaded the dart...

There was silence, except for a very quiet 'zip' sound as the dart buried itself in the man's neck. It was a fast acting poison, killing instantly. Macros took a silent breath and concentrated his will on moving superhumanly fast. Utilizing Force Speed he flashed across the clearing, his victim's body grasped in his arms for half the way. His heart beating so fast in his chest he thought the men at the fire might hear it. Usage of the force had left him tired so he took a short break, behind a large boulder. He wiped the sweat from his brow...

"One down, three to go,"

He mouthed silently to himself. Macros looked around, seeing if any of the landscape could help him. Cursing his Master for choosing a bare spot he laid the body behind the rock, sitting it up so at a first glance he would appear to be answering nature's call. It would pass a brief inspection if one of his comrades came to check on him. He grinned as the voices from the fire carried to him, he could just make out pieces of the conversation, a gruff voice rising above the others...

"...wonder where..?..th....was over.....ill take....look.....two stay here..."

Macros looked for a place to conceal himself, thanking the god of thieves the moon wasn't out tonight as the man walked straight towards him. He ran - his footsteps quieter than that of a mouse, reaching a point away from the man he crouched, gathering the force to him he waited. He was still close enough to hear the man's complaints of disgust. Macros leaped through the air..

"There you are! God you reek, you coulda warned..."

The man never finished the sentence, a knife lodged deep in his throat. Macros twisted the knife slowly before pulling out the knife and wiping it on the man's own face. His eyes glowed with the joy of the kill, he longed to storm in on the last two and rip them apart with his bare hands. Composing himself; ruling his anger, not letting it rule him, he stalked towards the final pair...

His hatred flowing through him, the Force Jump had not weakened him one bit. In fact he could quite easily do it again, but there was no point. Jogging with his knees bent, keeping out of the light of the fire, he got in knife range. He armed himself with two throwing knifes, one out of his boot and one from a leather band wrapped round his leg. Testing the weight, he stood up quickly, the first knife had barely left his hand when the other was on it's way. Satisfied as he heard the familiar sound of two one-hit-kills he walked over towards the bodies, wincing as one fell backwards into the fire; the look of shock on it's face melting away in a black crisp of skin and bone. Kicking the other body over on to it's back he checked it for anything valuable. Spitting on it in disgust that he had nothing for him to take, Macros removed his knife and licked it clean, replacing it in his boot he walked over to his Master.

Nodding his head he waited for his Master's opinion...

Posted by Drako on 09-15-2002 04:09 PM:

DarkStar grunted, it was non comital, not letting Macros know wether he was pleased or not by the performance.

"Now, I am going to turn around, when I turn back I don't want to be able to find you. You will also have to mask your Force signature, in this instance, pull it back inside you wrap it tightly inside where none of it can leak out. As you begin to pull back you will understand better what I mean, now, do it,"

DarkStar turned his back on Macros.

Posted by Macros on 09-16-2002 03:56 PM:

Macros instantly flipped backwards, merging skillfully into the shadows at quite a distance from his Master. Concentrating his will on doing what Darkstar requested he tried to shut his signature away, deep within him. In a body where no emotion over than anger or hatred ever leaked out, it was surprisingly easy.

Unaware of his actions he drew his deep black cloak around him, a uneccessary physical reaction to a mental task. Slowing his breathing, keeping hidden physically, he could only hope he had managed to mask his signature, but somehow he sensed he'd done it right...

Posted by Drako on 09-23-2002 03:13 PM:

Even when one has masked themselves to the best of their abilites, a little always leaks through the shroud, those practised could find that little leak and seek it out but that was not the point of this exercise.

"Exellent Macros, though to be careful, no matter how powerful you are, you can never be truely invisible, bare that in mind. Now, we will continue with a little shadow based training, watch closely then try to copy,"

DarkStar ignited Widowmaker the crimson blade shedding light around it, moments later it was gone, reapearing in the hand of the sith lord barely two feet from Macros, there had been no snap though, the sabre had not been deactivated and reactivated, it had been hidden.

"Now, try,"

Posted by Macros on 09-27-2002 05:21 PM:

Macros nodded his head to his masters advice. DarkDestiny was out and ignited in his hand with a fluid catlike grace. He called out to the force to hide his deep blue sabre blade casting eiree shadows around him. He concentrated, scowling slightly at his Master's habit of telling him to do something he had no idea ghow to do.

It can't be that hard really, discovering these new abilities that seem so easy to grasp, how come I need someone to tell me to do something I can really do without teaching if I just tried.

He decided to test his theory. . . He sent his voice to his Master, after a few struggled attempts. Darkstar could probably read his thoughts without him sending them anyway, but he decided to try something

"How am I to do this Master?"

He tried again but to no avail, not really grasping the concept of the stealth sabre. . .

Posted by Drako on 10-18-2002 01:54 PM:

"You are not,"

Came the simple reply as DarkStar's sabre nearly took Macros's head off as he ducked. The ancient Sith pressed on the attack, the exersice had become a spar.

Posted by Macros on 10-19-2002 01:32 PM:

Macros grinned slightly as the saber buzzed over his head, feeling the heat from the ancient lightsaber. He blocked his Master's second attack and span to the side, hoping to hit Darkstar in his unprotected side.

Posted by Drako on 10-23-2002 09:00 AM:

DarkStar's side was never unprotected though, his sabre came back from the initial attack reversed, to block Macros's attack, holding the sabres in a lock giving DarkStar and opertunity to put his greater strength into play, literally throwing Macros backwards before charging on the attack again.

Posted by Macros on 10-23-2002 04:45 PM:

Macros landed and rolled back up to his feet, only just blocking the stab at his head before kicking out with his feet, trying to sweep the ancient Sith's legs from under him. Macros wasn't ready for the sudden attack but he was now. He knew he had no chance in hell of winning or even testing Darkstar, but he would try his best.

Posted by Drako on 10-27-2002 01:56 AM:

DarkStar did the spils, bringing his weight down on Macros's leg and pinning it in place. A second later DarkStar pivioted on Macros's leg, bringing his right foot up into Macros's skull before he rolled off and back to his feet.

He assumed a defencive stance as he often did, waiting for his apprentice to make the next move.

Posted by Macros on 10-29-2002 03:58 PM:

Macros was dazed slightly, but he shook it off and rose to his feet, the pair circled for a moment, feinting and analysing each other. Macros watched to see if Darkstar seemed to lean one way, hint to attack on a stronger side, but the ancient Sith was experienced in battle and Macros saw no areas to attack.

Usually quick thinking and used to the upper hand in battle, Macros hesitated for a moment when faced with this daunting opponent.

Seeing Darkstar take up a defensive stance Macros was lost for what to do. He could defend his Master's attacks but attack him...

Straigtening up he saw in Darkstar's eyes that he knew his doubts, and was innardly laughing at him. The Darkside began to pulse through his veins. Every moment of pain in his life, every time he had wept, or been too upset to even let his tears run down his face, it all came back to him. Spoke to him almost. Lifting his head he advanced slowly but surely.

About three metres away from him, he lept forward, using the Force to increase his naturally fast speed. His saber came downwards and then sideways in a sweeping stroke, the force of his attacks surprisingly strong for one of his height and build. His Master blocked his attacks effortlessly though, but he persisted. He knew his Master was much older than he and Macros was young and healthy.

Attacking from all sides, trying to wear him down, he didn't even sweat as he continued the attacks, stopping only to block his Master's counters or to see if he was tiring. Macros couldn't tell. He wore his expressionless face as always...

Posted by Drako on 11-01-2002 05:03 PM:

DarkStar was not tiring, infact he was just warming up, slowly his movements began to get faster. Macros was required to react quicker and quicker as the ancient Sith drove him backwards.

Without warning DarkStar went left, moving onto Macros's offside where it would take him even longer to react to. With his free hand, the one now furthest from Macros's ablitiy to block DarkStar send a powerful punch aimed straight at Macros's kidney.

Posted by Macros on 11-03-2002 02:37 PM:

Macros stepped back from the attack, bringing his right foot behind and down onto Darkstar's wrist while guarding his back with DarkDestiny. Spinning round to face the amused look in Darkstar's eyes he laughed.

"I'd be stupid to think I could beat you. Don't expect me to think I can. Anything you want to teach me now, Master?"

He flipped over his him and landed facing his back, then kicked him in the back of his head. Force Pulling a throwing knife from his boot to his hand he stood crouched, his wrist bent and ready to throw the knife with the deadly accuracy that marked him as one of the best in his deadly trade. He knew his accuracy with the weapon, and he was sure Darkstar did too, but would it bother the ancient Sith. A knife to his throat, no matter how fast, could easily be dodged by him.

In a moment of apparent thought, he threw the knife at Darkstar and lunged forward with his Lightsaber, hoping to either catch him with the knife or hit him as he dodged the Saber.

Damn, he can read my thoughts, I forgot about that, I'll have to be more careful...

Posted by Drako on 11-11-2002 03:20 PM:

The knife stopped in mid air and powered back towards the charging Macros. DarkStar didn't move as he waited to see how his apprentice would react to his own attack.

Posted by Macros on 11-16-2002 04:38 AM:

Macros felt the Darkside flow through him, and saw the knife switch directions in his mind before it happened. He dropped to the floor, both to dodge the knife and from the immensely powerful feeling - he'd never felt the Force that strong before...his power was growing.

The intoxicating sensation of the Force took over, thousands of living beings within his body controlled him, his body a channel for their release, and Darkstars a target. Dust rose around him and he felt it concentrating on his master. To Macros this was what it was all about - the Force, the power and the feeling when your hard work pays off.

The energy was released at Darkstar.

Posted by Drako on 12-18-2002 04:38 PM:

Had the attack come from someone stronger it may have caused the ancient Sith problems, as it did Drako shrugged it off as an inconvinence.

Drako's response was more than an inconvinience. He struck Macros with his silent thunder, bowling his apprentice over as the waves of dense air struck him three times in quick succession.

Drako flexed his shoulders, making sure Macros's attack hadn't done any more damage than he thought. The Sith Master was suseptable to Force based attacks though this was a closely guarded secret, those who had found out hadn't lived to tell of it.
Working...
X