X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where it Begins (Brigid)

Posted by Darth Snack on 06-27-2002 08:28 PM:
    Where it Begins (Brigid)

*Entering the Training Grounds, Snack looked aroud at his surroundings. All was in order and ready to use for this upcoming training session. It would be difficult and stressfull, and hopefully Brigid would be up for it.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Brigid McKnight on 06-27-2002 11:39 PM:

Brigid silently strode into the training grounds and looked around curiously and determinedly...this would be where she spent most of her time and she wanted to get use to her new surroundings.

The saber that hung ready at her side clanked loudly against the many blasters and thermal detonators that also hung on her utility belt.

Stopping, she tilted her head to the side and balled her fists, resting them upon her hips.

"..I'm here.."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Darth Snack on 06-30-2002 02:10 PM:

Good.

*Snack said, turning around to face Brigid. He looked her up and down, his eyes resting on her utility belt.*

Those weapons of yours, you will not need them.

*He lifted up his right hand, palm out, and called out to the Force. Brigid's saber unclipped from the belt, followed by her blasters. With the Force, he gently tossed them to the side out of the way. They all hit the ground, clanging against one another as they all came to a rest.*

I'll let you take care of your own detonators.

*Snack reached around his back and unclipped the dual blade that hung from his own belt, and then with his left hand unclipped the single bladed hilt from his side and tossed them to where he had placed his Disciple's weapons.*

Tell me about yourself: About your family, where you come from and why you are here.

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 07-06-2002 10:01 PM:

Brigid looked down to her utility belt and quickly brought her hand down, unclipping it from her waist. Setting it down beside her, she thought over the question and than quickly replied.

"Well..I have no memory of my family or who I really am. I've had no memory of my past for a while now. I took up bounty hunting for a while and than I discovered the true hate I had toward those whom protected the light. But it is more complicated than that I'm afraid...."

She straightened herself and crossed her arms over her stomach. She hadn't even a real good explanation of her life or family...but it was all she knew.

Posted by Darth Snack on 07-07-2002 01:26 AM:

ooc: Do you have AIM or an e-mail addy? If so, contact me. (My AIM sn = snackmjs and my e-mail is [email protected] )

ic:

*Snack nodded at her response.*

Do you wish to find out who you are? Who your family was or your origin?

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 07-07-2002 03:59 PM:

ooc: Yes. [email protected] and RoselynnShadana :

ic:

Brigid nodded slightly. She had been curious and hopeful to find whom she and family really were. Keeping her chin jutted upward and her hands on her hips, she watched her master and listened carefully.

[i]"Yes I do....very much so....but I cannot dwell in the past forever."

Posted by Darth Snack on 07-09-2002 08:15 PM:

No, you can't dwell on the past forever...

*He shook his head.*

But, I can assure you that, if you need it, I will aid you in finding your past.

*Pausing, Snack ran through the proceedings in his head.*

Let's start, eh? One key element in our now growing Master/Apprentice relationship is conversation. If you cannot talk to your own Master, nor ask me questions, then I feel I would have failed as you trainer. If we cannot talk with each other and understand what the other means, then how will our bond grow, and how will our training sessions go?

There would be no bond, there would be no training. I trust all of my apprentices, former and present. This trust was grown because we got to know each other, fight together, and talked with each other. If one of my Apprentices were to break my trust, it would be broken not by actions or not by words, but a lack there of. If one doesn't tell me what's on their mind, then they don't trust me. How am I to trust someone when they don't put forth the trust in me? I can't. And when I can't trust someone, they best as well watch their backs.

*He looked at Brigid, his face cold and expressionless.*

Understood?

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 07-10-2002 10:08 PM:

"I understand."

Brigid now knew she had made the right choice. Communication, she agreed completely, was import between a master and apprentice.

Nodding her head in confirmation of thought and question, she watched her master with full attention. Her stance straight and her gaze intent.

Posted by Darth Snack on 07-11-2002 10:45 AM:

Good

*A smirk started to grow across Snack's lips. He wondered how exactly she would take this next bit of info.*

I'm no Sith, nor do I pretend to be one. A while back, I renounced my title as a Sith because I do not believe myself, or many other to be true Sith. We have *******ized the name that the Ancients so long ago built up. The Council at that time saw no problems with it, since I reassured them with undying loyalty.

*He paused, not sure if he shuold tell her the second half. The part about his different style of teaching. Of course, maybe she knew about it already and was one of the factors that made her choose the Dark Lord as her Master.*

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 07-12-2002 01:33 AM:

Brigid tilted her head to the side and slowly nodded. It might have seemed strange to someone else....but to her it made perfect sense...for some reason. Biting her lower lip, she puzzled...she knew he had more to say...

Looking to the side, she replied.

"This I also understand."

After that, she went silent..wanting him to continue. She wanted to know about the way he taught.

Posted by Darth Snack on 07-16-2002 04:02 PM:

You understand?

*Shrugging, Snack allowed a tiny smrik to form at the end of his lips. He'd have to ask her about that someday. Now, though, was not the time.*

As to how I train... and my philosophy on the Force... Let's just say it's a tad different than everone else's. You see, I don't call upon the Dark Side, since to me, the Dark Side is only an idea. The same as the Light Side. Each uses the Force, and in my time in training and using both sides, I have found that calling upon one side or another does jack squat. The Force is a whole, not a part. What decides whather or not you are using the Dark Side or the Light Side is how you use the Force. Use it for corruption or destruction coupled with anger, fear, hatred and rage, then you are using the 'Dark Side'. Use it for peace, calm, protection, defense, you're using the 'Light Side'. Both sides can use the Force for knowledge.

*He paused, then continued.*

I teach the basics: what every Force sensative being should know. I don't normally teach anyone to call upon their rage, or their fear and hatred until they are having trouble with a certain move or are wishing to do something that requires more skill. With that said...

*Snack look at Brigid.*

Close your eyes, and open yourself to the Force. Allow it to enter your body, your mind, and your soul. Let it flow through you and become one with you...

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 07-17-2002 10:30 PM:

[c]"What decides whether or not you are using the Dark Side or the Light Side is how you use the Force."[/c]

That was the line that caught her attention... Each "Sith" and "Jedi" trained in the force... it was what you did with the power that determined who you were... That was what she seemed to believe herself... and than.... it hit her... like a whiplash from hell. She had heard this before....

Shaking her head... coming out of her deep odyessey of the mind... she nodded and closed her icy blue eyes. Letting her arms drop down to her sides, she focused... allowing herself to be consumed within this feeling.... the force...

Posted by Darth Snack on 07-29-2002 12:54 AM:

Through the Force, one can see with their eyes closed. One can sense something, such as a projectile heading for them or danger, or even another Force user without setting your eyes on them.

*Snack closed his eeys and opened himself up to the Force, allowing it to flow through his body and mind. Immediately he could feel and sense the Force signature and presence of Brigid standing there. He could judge the distance between her and him and could sense some of her emotions. There, he caught a short glimspse of her thoughts, dwelling on something from the past. Quickly, though, they had gone.*

Tap into the Force, and see if you cannot sense where I am with you eyes closed.

*Opening his eyes once more, snack began walking without sound, as to not give his position away.*

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 08-01-2002 03:42 PM:

Brigid nodded understandingly and cantered her head to the side... as if suddenly hit by an omniscient feeling that he was there... but.. it was quickly replaced by doubt and she stepped forward.

Reaching out with force... she stepped off to the side a bit and rested her hands firmly at her sides... she could feel something tall.. but whether it be a wall, training equipment, or her parallaxing master.. she wouldn't know until she opened her eyes.

With that... she opened them.. and stared at...

Posted by Darth Snack on 08-13-2002 08:51 PM:

*...Snack, who was looking back at her.*

Not bad. Now do it again.

Posted by Brigid McKnight on 08-21-2002 08:39 PM:

Brigid held back a faint look of relief and pride as she looked at her master. Biting down on her bottom lip, she nodded slightly and closed her icy blue eyes.

This is just the beginning She mused silently to herself... her arms pressed firmly to her sides.

Slowly... she began to walk forward..
Working...
X