Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blades and more blades...and more blades...(Pen)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades and more blades...and more blades...(Pen)

Jack strolled into the Training grounds, a box under his arm. Inside were many throwing knives along with the few that were up his sleeve. Taking the box he walked into the center of the grounds and set it down. A smile creeping to his twisted face he then outstretched his arms and set up the training dummies. They were made of cheaper plastics but they were good enough to train with knives. Good enough to the clown. Either way he also set up targets on a few trees and two of the marble statues.

Taking off the lid he then began to place the knives onto a table he set up. Looking to his right the clown then saw the training saber rack that was also present. As he looked at it he knew that they would be training with lightsabers at some point. But, he figured he'd start with knives first since he promised Pen that he would. So, he then opened his mind to the Force and connected with his student.

Time to begin your training with blades. Knives and lightsabers today. Tick tock! Tick tock! He said with his voice dripping with Dark Side power.

Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb...guess the black thoughts have come they've come to get me! Sweet caring words...unlike nothing I have heard...sing along mockingbird ya don't affect me!

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Thanks to Drake for this awesomeness!

~"Look above you in the rafters, Master,"~ Pen responded just before leaping to the growns.

He was dressed as usual with his green clothing, though today he was absent the hood which usually rest on his shoulders. The only addition was the training saber which Jack had told him to retrieve with the force. The lessons would come, but first it appeared knives were in order.

"I rose with the sun. A long habit from the way we were trained at my former guild. I have been practicing the skill you taught yesterday. Playing with them as well, a little."

He eyed the table, knowing Jack wanted Pen to be proficient with blades as well as the arrows he preferred. Pen would do whatever was required. This man knew more than any teacher Pen had been apprenticed to before. That fact was certain.

"I see you will not give up on getting me to prefer the use of blades over the arrow. This looks like it will be as fun as I am sure it will be challenging."

Comment

Jack then looked up as Pen jumped down with his green attire as Jack was surprisingly dressed in all black. With his eyebrow raised the clown Knight then heard his apprentice talk about how he rose with the sun as he did in his guild. A shrug then came from him as he then motioned for him to stand by the table that Jack was. The clown then ran his left hand over all the knives. Each one had a story to them. Some were taken from others and some were bought. Each one a story or trophy.

"I want you to be able to use these in your sleep. That's how we will begin. Take one or two. With that I'll take two and then we'll begin. I've already set up training dummies and targets along the trees. As you can see." Jack said motioning with his hand towards the dummies and the targets.

Keep holding on when my brain's ticking like a bomb...guess the black thoughts have come they've come to get me! Sweet caring words...unlike nothing I have heard...sing along mockingbird ya don't affect me!

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

"Yes, I have accounted for each target," Pen said as he moved to the table and selected two knives from the ones laid out.

Archer was picky. He looked over each blade, picking them up to check the balance and the feel in each hand. If he was to use the weapons in his sleep, then the weapon would need to feel as natural as possible.

"I am ready when you are, Master."

Comment

Jack said with a devilish smirk, "Be careful...these things are sharp."

With that permanent grin stuck to his face, the clown turned to face one target. The Sith Knight then took the blade in his left hand and flipped it in his palm so the blade part was in his hand holding it so that his hand was holding near the tip of it. Looking towards Pen the clown assassin then gave him a smirk before the Knight tossed it at the target. Without even looking it flipped through the air and hit dead center in the middle of the target.

"It's easier to throw them like that. Trust me, it goes better when you hold it by the blade. Like I said just watch it though so you don't cut yourself with it. Took me a while before I learned not to do that." Jack said then pointed to the nearest one to them, "Throw it towards that one."

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

What was easier to one, was not always for another. This was not the first time Pen had to throw a blade. All he had siad that day when Jack claimed him as an apprentice was that he preferred to use the bow. Pen also preferred when throwing a knife to do it the proper way. There was more control and more force when hodling the knife correctly. There was also a technique to ensure the proper throw, lust like throwing a ball.

Looking to the target Jack had indicated, Pen threw the knife. He moved out of instinctive rhythm, his body recalling each movement from memory, and timing the release at precisely the right time. The blade whistled through the air toward it's intended target, and as his master had done, Pen had hit the dead center of the target.

Comment

"Not bad!" Jack said with a smirk, "This can also be used with the aid of the Dark Side."

Jack then folded his arms across his chest. Looking towards the next nearest one which was a few meters behind the other one. This time Pen would need the aid of the Force to do it. Which shouldn't be a problem because Jack used the Force to throw his knives every once in a while. Pointing to it he then spoke finally.

"The next one. Right there!" Jack said with a twisted grin.

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

"I used to do this with my arrows all the time," Pen said, "Something I stumbled upon when reading ancient tomes, words that contained power. It wasn't until meeting Tess and Master Van-Derveld that I learned it was really the force in me."

The target was much further than a normal throw could reach, but he was very aware of what Jack wanted to see from him. Reaching to the force, Pen threw the knife, with the added assitance of the force, the knife itself burried deep into the never of the target. A smile widened accross Pen's face.

"I believe I have just found a new appreciation for your favvorite weapon, master."

Comment

"Good. Those are also tools you will use on said enemies. It's silent...deadly...and, with the Force they always hit their target. Useful, indeed." Jack said with a smirk then pointed to three other targers which were varying distances away.

With one of the blades in his hand, Jack then threw it towards a flying creature. It seemed in one fluid motion Jack had grabbed it by the blade easily holding it like it was second nature, then flung it with his wrist towards the creature. It took a moment before the creature had then run into the blade along it's flight path. A wry grin appeared to his face.

"Its easier on non-moving targets, Pen." Jack said with a smirk, "Once you try those I dare you to tag one of the creatures flying around our heads."

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

wrong thread... This is not spam

~Judah's Wiki~

Comment

"I've been doing this with arrows for a while now..." Pen reminded his new master as he finished with targets as instructed.

A grin formed as he call a knife back to his hand and flung it ahead toward one of the creatures flying about. With a shockwave of force energy behind it to propel the blade the distance, the sharp, older fashioned, weapon sailed until it found it's resting place through the eye socket of one of the beasts. While it was not as easy, and more taxing physically, as launching an arrow, the outcome, and application, as still the same. Pen smiled as he turned to Jack.

"Killing is what I do. The mind games, the distraction, what it takes to blend in and make a kill in plain sight without even being seen, that's never been my strength. That student of Master Tankreyd... Adgertesse is her name, she is better than me at that, and I wish to best her. She says I'm sloppy, and I will prove her wrong."

Comment

Jack then grinned at he watched his student tag the creature right in the eye, "Now THAT was good!"

The Knight then called two blades from the other targets back to his hand and once they hit his palm he then set them back down onto the table. Calling another back to his hand he then flipped it into the air catching it by the handle then held it in his pale white hand. When Pen spoke of Tess, he knew that Pen wished to best her. Though Tess had skills, even she had to admit that Jack was better at the skills she possessed then her. Granted, Jack had honed his skills much longer and was an acrobat. She'd seen him balance himself with one hand on a beam that was only six inches across.

"I know her quite well. Though she admires my skills I'd asked her once if she wished to train how to hone them better. She refused and I respected that. Master Tankreyd took her under her wing as she did to me. Taught me the lightsaber form Niman. You may be sloppy now, Pen but under me you'll learn to best her." Jack said then grinned wide, "She's kinda cute. No way she'd go for some ugly clown like me though. I already know that."

Jack's theme song

Jack's Alternate Theme

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        G-NF0GT8SKB1