New Friends (Open)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Friends (Open)

After being accepted into the Penumbra Akahana was shown to one of the spare rooms in the castle/building/whatever this place was called (She wasn't quiet sure) by one of the servents. Thanking the servent with a smile Akahana made her way into the room she was shown to, forgeting to close the door behind her.

Noticing that there was a data-pad on the dressing table Akahana grabed it in case she needed to communicate with someone who didn't know sign language.

OOC: I hate coming up with titles
    sigpic

* = Sign Language
    ~ = Data-pad
    " = Mind Speak

Jacob had been roaming through the halls, dressed in orange and black, as was his attire at the church. He'd been sleeping there in his office as of late going back and forth from the top floor which was the church to the deeper floors below which was the headquarters for the Inquisition. The network that sent out scouts for possible new members into the Penumbra. Knowing that it kept the Templar busy, he'd been wondering who was moving into the newest empty room.

Peeking his head into the room, Jacob looked around and found a young woman standing there holding a datapad. Perking a brow, the Templar then waved. Seeing that she'd not noticed him he then walked inside. Keeping his brow perked up the Dark Jedi wondered what was up with her.

"Hello?" Jacob asked not knowing what was going on.

Jacob's theme song

Comment

Jumping at the sound of a voice behind her, Akahana spun around noticing Jacob in the door way. She brought a hand up to wave hello, not able to speak the word and not quiet sure if he knew sign language.

*I'm Akahana. I'm new to this place and I'm mute. If you know sign language great! If not just talk normally, I can hear perfectly fine.* She wrote into the datapad, before taking several steps across the room to show the message to Jacob.
      sigpic

* = Sign Language
      ~ = Data-pad
      " = Mind Speak

Comment

As she waved hello Jacob then smiled. Although once she started writing on the datapad then walked over to him and showed it to him he then nodded. Now that made a lot of sense! She was mute! No wonder she wouldn't say anything back to him. So, he'd have to teach her mind speak at some point. Although if someone was already teaching her he wouldn't wanna intrude on that.

"Ah, that makes sense." Jacob said with a nod, "I'm sad to hear that. Must have been something horrible to make you mute like that."

He then thought of having her think of whatever is on her mind she wished to say. So in turn he could peer into her mind and connect with it for a moment to know what she wished to say only it would be a thought more then literally speaking. To which he had to chuckle to himself at his own joke.

Jacob then looked over his shoulder and found nobody that could pry or wasn't a Dark Jedi themselves. With that he then moved his hand summoning the Force and closed the door. Looking back he then smiled.

"Sadly I do not know any sign language. But, if you think of something you want to say, just keep your mind open. I'll hear it one way or another." Jacob said with a warm grin the pointed to the door, "So that nobody can hear uh...me."

He then smacked his palm to his face on that one, "Oh my gosh that was...a terrible joke...I'm sorry!"

Jacob's theme song

Comment

Akahana's shoulders shook with silent laughter at Jacobs terrible joke.

*It's fine it was rather amusing in it's on way.* Akahana thought.

*I haven't had a chance to explore my rooms yet but I'm sure we could find someplace to sit that wasn't the floor or bed.*
          sigpic

* = Sign Language
          ~ = Data-pad
          " = Mind Speak

Comment

Jacob said with a half smirk, "Thanks. At least you can find it amusing. That's a good thing."

When she thought of somewhere else they could sit that wasn't the floor or a bed he then nodded. He could understand that since she'd just became new to the place. It would take some time to maneuver around like it did him when he first arrived on Ruusan. Hell, there will still things he couldn't find these days. Without anyone from the Penumbra telling him where it was.

"I can understand that. There is a bench not far down from here. We can sit there and talk." Jacob said with a smile, "I'm Jacob by the way. Templar of the Penumbra."

He then bowed to her before making himself upright again. Today was going to be an interesting conversation. That much he could tell. Jacob was intrigued by someone who was mute. Wondering how they got that way. Sometimes life did it to them and there were times they were born mute. Then he also wondered if it was some species of those in the galaxy who couldn't speak at all.

Jacob's theme song

Comment

"It's nice to meet you Jacob." Akahana thought. "I'm guessing that the Penumbra has a hierarchy type system that you work your way through. I have no clue what level I'm on. Though I have the feeling I'd be on the first level."

"How long have you been apart of the Penumbra?" She asked.

OOC: Sorry about the really long delay. I've just started an aged care course and got swamped with assignments that I had to complete.
              sigpic

* = Sign Language
              ~ = Data-pad
              " = Mind Speak

Comment

Jacob nodded at her question about the hierarchy system. Though Jacob had been on two different routes of it, he was on the third tier. Or at least he figured it was. Who knows. The former Jedi Knight didn't care about that nor have a sense of what it might be. He was sure that it was somewhere beyond 2 at least. That it was enough for him to train students of his own at least.

You are most likely, Akahana. I'm on the third tier of it. I'm guessing. Jacob said with a wink and laughed.

He then walked outside the door looking down beside him to see if she was following or not. When they walked down the hallways he then found that bench and sat down on it, offering her a seat next to him. It was then that she asked him how long he'd been here. Jacob could guess about 3 years maybe. Give or take. He wasn't quite sure. Although didn't matter to him. Time wasn't of the essence for him at this point in his life.

I'm guessing going on three years...four maybe. Haven't really spent much time...keeping time. He said with a smirk.

OOC: Don't worry about it RL can get in the way sometimes lol

Jacob's theme song

Comment

Accepting the offered seat Akahana couldn't stop herself from finding her companions' lack of a sense of time amusing.

"Does each tier have a corrosponding title with it or is that just something we're supposed to figure out ourselves?"
                  sigpic

* = Sign Language
                  ~ = Data-pad
                  " = Mind Speak

Comment

Jacob nodded, Indeed they do. The next rank is Acolyte...then after Templar, which I am, and the rank after mine is Arbiter. The last being Archon.

The Templar then looked outside and then back towars her, You get out into the city yet?

Jacob's theme song

Comment

"I haven't had a chance to visit the city yet." Akahana looked outside at the nearby city then back at Jacob. "I wouldn't mind going outside if I had a guide."

OOC: I am so sorry for the really, really long delay in reply. I started playing SWTOR and I just got a job in an Aged Care facility. Plus my laptop decided to melt all of its internal wiring so I had to get a new one. I hope we can continue though.
                      sigpic

* = Sign Language
                      ~ = Data-pad
                      " = Mind Speak

Comment

Jacob smiled, Come...I'll show you the city.

He then offered her his arm in case she wished to take it. First they would explore the grounds near the palace. Then go towards the Church where he was known for being around. Afterwards they would head to the main part of Olmondo. Where it would get interesting with all the people bustling around and going about their day. Although the palace sat on it's own grounds away from the main part of town. It wasn't that far of a walk though.

Jacob's theme song

Comment

"So what do you do here?" Akahana asked, taking Jacob's arm and allowing him to lead her out into the grounds near the palace. When she was accepted into the Penumbra she wasn't paying much attention to anything when she was lead to her rooms, too shocked over being accepted to really process anything that was going on afterwards.
                          sigpic

* = Sign Language
                          ~ = Data-pad
                          " = Mind Speak

Comment

They walked around the palace grounds as Jacob led her along. It was quite a nice day out and the Knight was well content today. In truth she reminded him of his daughter, Renee. Then again, Renee could speak and she was just as stubborn and outspoken as her dad. Or so he heard. Even as a little kid e was.

When asked what he did he laughed and said through the Force, I am the leader of the church here. The Archbishop of it. It's off that way.

He then pointed to a building far off in the distance. It had a tall spire on it and was a rather tall building. The architecture was modest yet spoke to the nobility and history of Ruusan. Jacob had help remodeling it after he bought it. So, everything he did with his fortune was good investment. Then again he had help getting his money to where he wished it to be. Great investments and a lot of piling interest.

Did you wanna know what I do within the Penumbra as well? Jacob asked curiously.

Jacob's theme song

Comment

Letting Jacob lead her through the palace gardens, Akahana asked through the Force, "Which religion? Or do you teach all of them?"

Looking in the direction that Jacob pointed, she could see a very tall building off in the distance with a tall spire on it. She didn't quite know how to describe the architecture other than it looked like a very beautiful and old building.

When Jacob mentioned telling her what he did in the Penumbra Akahana wasn't sure if she was in the right position or was even allowed to know what his position was or even what he did for the Penumbra.

"If you're will to share, then yes."
                              sigpic

* = Sign Language
                              ~ = Data-pad
                              " = Mind Speak

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1