Eyes Opened [Akahana]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes Opened [Akahana]

The request heard and answered, Shyahwyn traveled once more to the moon for training and as she had been in this position so long ago, it seemed rather natural now to help others achieve what she had gained. Few others seemed interested and she also knew that many had been carried away on private missions for the Penumbra, keeping the galaxy safe or gaining intelligence on the next target.

Walking through the tall, green grass, emerald eyes scanned the meadow and to the distant forest that seemed to never end as her gaze rose over the gentle sloped terrain, a dark green carpet left untouched for hundreds of years now. Dressed in her closer fitting workout attire, the witch tied her long, chocolate colored hair into a ponytail and she readied herself for another round of training as the rumble of the approaching shuttle announced her next student's arrival. Turning, she remained well out of range of the blowing grass and specks of earth kicked up as the vessel landed, then soon rose again. Having not met this new neophyte before, Shyahwyn had a lot to learn, herself.
    sigpic

Taking a deep breath to calm her nerves Akahana made her way towards where Shyahwyn was in the field. She had been shocked and estatic that the first person that she'd asked to train her had agreed to do so. When she'd received Shyahwyn's summon to the moon she'd changed into her "work out clothes," as the maid had told her when they'd been brought to her room, and made her way to the shuttles following the map on her data-pad.

Akahana had taken a data-pad with her in case her new teacher didn't know sign language and had written a simple message on which she showed Shyahwyn when she reached her.

*Thankyou for agreeing to train me. I'm mute so I can't speak, if you know sign language it's make it easier for us to communicate together.*
    sigpic

* = Sign Language
    ~ = Data-pad
    " = Mind Speak

Comment

Surprised, Shyahwyn hadn't expected this hurdle, but it was one that she could overcome. Mentally touching her new student, ~ I don't, but will have to learn. We can do it this way for now and you'll be able to reply once I teach you that ability, ~ she grinned. Telepathy was much easier in fact, though she understood that when in Olmondo they wouldn't be able to communicate this way.

~ I know we've never met before, but in time I'll learn your talents and where we need to work a bit more. I would imagine your touch to the Force is in another avenue since you don't have the use of your ears. I've worked in the apothecary at the palace for some time now and have learned a lot about various conditions that the body goes through. ~ Canting her head to the side slightly, Shyahwyn continued. ~ I can read your surface thoughts, so I would imagine unless you were born this way that you use images to express yourself? ~
      sigpic

Comment

Akahana couldn't help but find it mindly amusing that her new teacher thought that because she was mute she was deaf as well.

*I'm not actually deaf. I can hear better than any none bio-mechanically enhanced human. I haven't been able to speak since I was a little girl. I'm also told that I'm an empath. Though I have verry little clue what that is other than the fact that I can sense other peoples emotions.* She typed into her data-pad before showing Shyahwyn.
        sigpic

* = Sign Language
        ~ = Data-pad
        " = Mind Speak

Comment

Catching herself, Shyahwyn's eyes closed apologetically. "Wow," she chuckled. "Sorry, I totally misunderstood that one, didn't I?" Nodding, she continued speaking as the archon moved on from that embarrassing moment. "Being an empath can help you in many ways, but the people of Ruusan hate Force users, so we have to be very careful about that. No one else outside the Penumbra can know about this gift, or the abilities that I'll be training you in."

Switching gears a bit, she already understood the empath ability, but to what extent was still unknown. "Does that mean that you feel what others feel also?"
          sigpic

Comment

Akahana gave the woman across from Shyahwyn a warm smile in no way taking offense to what had just happened. While at the same time taking her warnings about the people of Ruusan to heart.

*I can get a general understanding of the emotions of a group of people and if I concentrate hard enough I can feel anothers emotions as if they were my own, but I get overwhelmed very easily so I tend to avoid large crowds.* Akahana wrote into the data-pad.

*If you like I can show you some sign language when we're finished.* She typed once she'd shown Shyahwyn the previous message.
            sigpic

* = Sign Language
            ~ = Data-pad
            " = Mind Speak

Comment

Nodding, she could understand that and knew that once Akahana was taught telepathy, she was going to have to figure out a good way to control that, being more open to the world around her. "I'd love to learn it. I can definitely see an advantage to it in the future."

"Being more empathic is going to make this easier," she grinned and sat down in the tall grass and motioned for her student to join her. "Open your mind, close your eyes and focus on a person or moment that effected you the most. Something that has been hard to forget. A love or emotional event."

Allowing Akahana delve into those memories, she waited until she could feel the emotions roil before continuing. "Now, take that emotion and bottle it, push it to the side without letting it overcome you." She waited a bit longer as her student attempted that. "Treat it like an object, like that data pad in your hand."

"That feeling will touch you again, though at various points during your life. A fight, a moment during a mission trying to save an innocent from certain death. Emotions serve us, but they can take us farther than we want to go. Sith rely on their passions to achieve their goals, Jedi try to live above them. We use them, without becoming consumed and for me, I've been taught to keep my emotions in check, like that bottle that you now have those feelings inside. That power that you've used to keep it that way is the Force. It's your co-conspirator, your tool to help save others. Push you farther than you ever thought you could go, achieve superhuman feats," she grinned. "Which we'll get to shortly."
              sigpic

Comment

Taking deep breath Akahana closed her eyes and for the first time in many years thought of her brother. How kind he was to her, how he'd always protect her and how he was murdered right in front of her. Akahana let the emotions of those few years that she had with her brother move through her, the joy and happiness and the terror and grief of watching him be murdered.

She then attempted to put them into a glass bottle, pushing them into that bottle and trapping them inside until they were needed. She succeeded, mostly, and decided to practice that skill when they were finished. She felt the glass bottle would shatter the moment she stopped concentrating on it.

Opening her eyes Akahana asked Shyahwyn, *What next?*

OOC: I’m going to stop writing “Akahana/She typed/signed …..” all the time. I’ll specify if she’s typing or signing at the beginning of a conversation and just continue to use * as my quotation marks if I change how she’s communicating I’ll specify that in a post. It makes it easier on me and makes my posts more fluid.
                sigpic

* = Sign Language
                ~ = Data-pad
                " = Mind Speak

Comment

"Keeping that emotion bottled up, use the residue from it and stretch out with your feelings. See with your heart and mind as the Force shows you the universe. The power flowing between us, nature and through the air itself. That energy flows in you stronger than most others in the galaxy. That sensing of it is the foundation of everything you'll learn." Shyahwyn eased her own touch to the Force and let Akahana "see" her. "Focus on me, then on a tree, the grass, a bird. See the difference?"
                  sigpic

Comment

OOC: I'm so sorry for the delay. I got stuck figuring out a reply and just got inspirations for my reply while I was watching LOTR.

Closing her eyes once more Akahana followed Shyawyn's instructions. She attempted to focus on Shyawyn, who (in her mind) looked as a human shaped mass of colour that ebbed and flowing through the woman. The tree and the grass’s colour, in comparison to Shyawyn’s colours, seemed muted and greyed. The bird as well seemed to have less colours, less emotions, than Shyawyn did.

Akahana quickly realised that she could tell the difference between a sentient being, an animal and plants just by the colours she could see flowing through them. Though she quickly realised she’d look like a complete loon if she spoke about this to anyone outside of the Penumbra.

*Can you control other people using their emotions? Or does knowing their emotions make it easier to manipulate them?* Akahana asked out of curiosity.
                    sigpic

* = Sign Language
                    ~ = Data-pad
                    " = Mind Speak

Comment

"Yes on both counts, but we'll get to that," she replied and knew that to someone that was mute, other senses took over and improved beyond what they had been intended to do. She had learned a lot not only in her time with Maelona, but also in the palace's apothecary, tending to some of the visiting nobles, but also their children when they traveled with their families. "Sensing the Force, you'll be able to now use it to manipulate nature. You'll be amazed what's possible."

Turning her eyes to a nearby stone, "Sensing the Force allows us to then see how it's within everything around us and having command over the Force allows us to manipulate those things. Don't rely on what you've known up until now, but know that the universe is much more than the physical. Create an invisible hand with your mind and pick up that stone. Use the Force flowing through you - all your emotions - like we talked about before. Use them like a battery to fuel your wishes."
                      sigpic

Comment

Following Shyahwyns line of sight Akahana paid close attention to her instructions on how to lift the stone before attempting it herself. Creating an invisible hand using the force Akahana attempted to lift the stone. Concentrating on the stone Akahana managed to lift it up a few inches before she lost control of it and it fell to the ground with a soft thump.

OOC: Sorry about the really long delay. I just started an aged care course and got swamped with a whole bunch of assignments to complete.
                        sigpic

* = Sign Language
                        ~ = Data-pad
                        " = Mind Speak

Comment

Watching the disappointing outcome, Shyahwyn's emerald gaze drifted from the stone and then to her student, brow furrowing lightly. Hopefully Akahana didn't think that would suffice as an attempt of the skill, she mused. "Again, this time keep it in the air," she stated with a slight edge to her voice, still believing that her student could achieve this goal, but also revealing her displeasure. Hopefully enough to get the new neophyte to succeed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Feeling not only her own disappointment in the attempt but her teacher’s disappointment, Akahana resolved to continue trying until she got it right. Closing her eyes Akahana held her hand towards the stone raising her hand up a couple of inches. Akahana tapped into the emotions and experiences that she'd just learned to bottle up and mentally imagined a hand grabbing the stone and lifting it up several meters into the air.

After holding the stone up in the air for several minutes Akahana dared to open one of her eyes a just enough to see if what she had imagined had happened and was surprised when it did. That surprised caused her to lose concentration and the stone fell back to the ground with an explosion of dust and dirt.
                            sigpic

* = Sign Language
                            ~ = Data-pad
                            " = Mind Speak

Comment

"Control," Shyahwyn pressed. "This invisible hand that you're using is always there, you just have to control it and what it does." She knew that most had a problem with some of these concepts the first time and so she had to utilize one of the things that Killian adapted when he trained her. "Command that stone to remain in the air. You are more powerful than the physical realities that you've understood up until now. All those laws that scientists have created don't keep us isolated like they do everyone else."

Once Akahana succeeded, she moved on. "Now, make that stone move toward you while keeping it aloft."
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1