A life beyond Naboo(Adelia, TSPR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A life beyond Naboo(Adelia, TSPR)

Jacob and Torgeir had waited a day or so before taking Adelia with them on their personal shuttle. From her home on Naboo they'd taken her stuff with them as they sat on the shuttle. Their trip would be a long one considering where they were headed. Heading to Ruusan as the two Dark Jedi spoke of what they were about but didn't reveal everything about the Penumbra. In due time Adelia would know of it. As long as she could handle herself in front of the other members. But, Jacob was confident about it. Much as he was Ashaiya, and Torgeir. Both had made much promise as his students. So, the Templar was content with them and with Adelia making it into their numbers.

"You nervous?" Jacob said in his guise as 'The Unforgiven'.

Looking over at her as the trio sat on the shuttle. He wondered what was on her mind. Knowing that her mind was probably racing with questions about their destination and who she would meet along the way. All those and more would be answered in time.

Jacob's theme song

The journey to Ruusan had gone quietly and swiftly. She hadn't said much during the trip, save for some small talk. She was very curious as to how things would unfold once they reached their destination. She was relieved that the company of both Torgeir and the Unforgiven was easy for her.

Her new furry companion was also quiet and loving the comfortable travel box she had picked for her. She slept most of the travel. The young Naboo woman looked at the Unforgiven when he spoke to her.

If I wasn't a little nervous, I wouldn't care about this journey. She explained with a coy smile, her hands resting on her lap. I am mostly curious and eager to prove myself though.

Comment

Their long journey had been nerve racking for the Corellian for he had wanted to be more open with Adelia since they had met. But, knowing the dangerous nature of the Penumbra and that their secrecy demanded caution, he bit his tongue on more than one occasion. Noticing the pet inside the traveling cage, "Should let one of us take her when we arrive."

Even being rough around the edges, the mechanic hated to see anything bad happen to the furry animal as he had heard things about certain members and one of those that had greeted him wouldn't have thought twice about using the pet to prove his dedication.
      sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

"That can be your job, Torgeir." Jacob said with a chuckle, then said to Adelia, "True, but I was nervous when I first came to Ruusan. We'll be there in a few moments."

Jacob looked out the window and he could see the planet of Ruusan in all it's noble and tranquil glory. A smile then crept to his face as he then looked back over at Adelia and then down to her furry companion. Well, the one person who doesn't like other cats would be Innsmouth. Being that he WAS a cat after all. The talking cat to be exact. Which was mentioned during the discussion with Lord Nathaniel.

"Any questions? Or concerns? Now would be the time to ask any questions you may have." Jacob said with a smirk.

Jacob's theme song

Comment

If you could watch over her, I would be very grateful, Torgeir. Thank you kindly. She said with a soft smile and a slight bow of her head, her manners exquisite as it was only right in the higher circles of Naboo. Of course, there was much more to her than this.

To the Unforgiven's inquiry prompted her to think for a moment. What are the dangers awaiting me? Please don't sugar coat it. I want to know the actual risks.

Comment

"Not a problem," he nodded quietly, still trying to keep that manly persona about himself, eyeing the pet quietly resting within the thicker blanket and then Adelia queried on her new life.

Steel-blue eyes rose to their new recruit once again. "There are risks to us everyday, but once you get trained and have the Force on your side, you'll be fine. Just have to remember that we live two lives here on Ruusan; the people hate Force users and we're here to protect them." About to spill who their members were during the day, he bit his tongue again, letting Jacob take it from there.
            sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

Jacob then looked at Torgeir for a moment as the Neophyte answered one part of the question, "Indeed. My student here is right though. The people more or less hate Force-users but don't know they're right under their nose. Other then that the members there who are Force-users might poke and prod at ya. But they're harmless. More or less."

Seeing Ruusan coming closer Jacob then went up front to the cockpit. The Archbishop then asked if they were going to land near the Gardens. To which the pilot said they would because normally he'd park in the hangar inside the walls of Olmondo. Knowing they carried the two Dark Jedi and their passenger. After a few moments he then reappeared.

"Anything else? Before we land? I'll try to best answer it...but...I can't reveal everything though. That'll come in time after your accepted. Which I won't suspect you won't be. We need more numbers but, as always, they'll need to be sure. Stand firm and you'll be fine. Some will try and intimidate you but don't let their facade fool you." Jacob said with a nod.

Jacob's theme song

Comment

I was actually concerned about possible dangers during my interview. Politics are dangerous, even on supposedly peaceful planets. Gain and greed can make people do insane things. I appreciate your answers. She nodded to Torgeir and then to the Unforgiven.

No more questions. I believe all there is left to do is wait then.

Comment

As they landed, Torgeir rested into the comfortable seat and then one the shuttle's engines began powering down, he unbuckled himself and grabbed the cage handle and rose with it. "Just be yourself, you'll be fine." He grinned and winked at her, knowing she was already familiar with the political nature of the galaxy which gave her a huge advantage with the new life that she was about to become a part of.

The whine of the servomotors lowered the ramp and Torgeir followed the pair out, the clean air of Ruusan a welcome respite from the ship's own recirculating systems and he knew he may have to do some of the PM's on this shortly. Glancing towards the hangar that he normally worked in, several mechanics eyed the Corellian and he knew there would be a ton of questions in the servant's quarters later. Nodding to them, he grinned and continued following the noble and his guest toward the wrought iron gate, the flanking statues of cowled figures initially made him uncomfortable, but he was used to them now.
                  sigpic

Thanks Satkia

Comment

When the ramp lowered the Templar then walked out with Adelia towards the iron gates. Passing by the cowled statues that lined the walk way towards the gate. Inside were the Gardens where the newcomers were questioned before being allowed into the Penumbra and into the main city of Olmondo.

As they reached the gates he then stopped. Holding out his hand he then looked to see if anyone was around who would see it. Nobody important who would see it thank goodness! With his control of the Force, Jacob opened the gates as they creaked open. The Templar then waved to Adelia to walk through them but he then clasped his hands behind his back.

"This is where I leave you. I have brought you here along with Torgeir but you must step through the gates alone. I'll be on the other side awaiting your acceptance. Just stand firm, like he said and you'll be fine. I'll see you later." Jacob said with a smirk as he then walked through another past into the forest. Through the mist as he disappeared from view.

Jacob's theme song

Comment

She remained silent until they reached the gates. She knew that while the Unforgiven and Torgeir had been of great help and believed in her, she had to go through this on her own now. She appreciated their advice and faith.

She bowed her head to both of them. I will see you on the other side then. Without further ado, she passed the gates, knowing this symbolic albeit physical threshold wasn't innocent and made sense given what she was about to experience.

She walked quietly and confidently on the pathway, her hands briefly brushing against bushes planted on the sides. Her eyes also flickered towards small creatures hiding behind trees or some birds flying in proximity.

She knew that someone would come soon enough. Patience was often a trait to possess, she had learned.

Comment

Notified that another potential wished to join them, Phoenix wrapped herself in the black silk and porcelain mask, it's black lace veil concealing her on many moments like this as well as missions outside Ruusan's atmosphere. The archon had seen many come and go, some brought by herself, but this time the newcomer was another that had some noble blood in them. Or appeared to, from what she could tell as the dark jedi drifted through the garden's shadows, obscuring the witch as she moved around large, ancient trees and bushes and flowers that she had tended to in her free time.

Soon, the quiet brush of her robe against the stone bench announced her to Adelia. Recalling her own interview, she knew that all eyes were on her now until another stepped in with her. Gloved hands remained at her side as emerald eyes studied the woman for a long moment, saying nothing and no doubt unnerving the newcomer.

"I see a strength within you," her ghostly voice stated, the ethereal touch to the Force having that effect on her. "However, as I'm sure your sponsor has no doubt already told you, that doesn't give you immediate entry into our halls. Why should I allow you to go any further?"
                        sigpic

Comment

The atmosphere felt different and she couldn't help believing that she was being observed, probably by many hidden eyes. She had always had strong intuitions as such, but only now could she begin to understand why.

When a masked and robbed figure - a woman with an ethereal voice - spoke to her, she turned her face to the direction the words had come from.

She bowed her head, seeking the woman's gaze. Should it give me immediate entry, this would be no good indicator of this group of yours. She stated in a clear and respectful tone, though she was firm in how she saw things.

Beyond certain gifts I possess that can't be explained besides a certain potential, I am also knowledgeable of political circles, giving me possibilities for the double life led here.
                          She waited to be asked more, knowing this was bound to happen.

Comment

Appreciating the strength of spirit, Phoenix listened to the girl's surface thoughts as well which told her even more as they talked. "Being familiar with politics is a plus. What types of things led you to believe that you had any gifts?" There had been a wide array of talents with those that had come through that gate and she was always interested so learn about another. She could definitely sense something unique about Adelia and as she spoke, the archon noted her love of animals which one had traveled with her.

"What's the main reason that you entered politics in the first place? What's your ultimate goal of being in that field?"
                            sigpic

Comment

She remained quiet as the woman spoke to her, appreciating the straightforwardness of questioning. She was used to double entendre and other forms of speeches, but people asking what they wanted to know made things easier for all parties involved.

I always had an uncanny easiness with living creatures, even those who aren't supposed to be friendly. My parents told me that when I was a child, a Jedi sensed my potential when they watched me interact with a creature who should have torn me apart. I didn't give it much thought until two people from here recently returned to speak to me about it.

When the masked woman inquired about her choice to enter politics and her goal, she smiled, though there was both faith and seriousness in her gaze. I entered politics at a young age, the Naboo system allowing, encouraging for it. I want to make life better for people, even when it means forming difficult decisions. Money is a means but not an end, just as power is.

Her features hardened a little. I do have my pride and know my value but I want to do what is just and rid wherever I can of corruption, with the right allies.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1