Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*Searching for something*

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • *Searching for something*

    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-19-2002 02:36 AM:
    *Searching for something*

    *Her boots echoed softly through the hallway as she walked down towards where she had heard the recruitment center was.. As she did, a slight breeze kicked up, causing her long silver hair to flow behind her like a shimmering cape of silk.. Hina Amaterasu was a thing of grace and beauty, moreso by her timid nature than anything, and such was apparant as she stopped in the middle of the room where she had been told to go..*

    *Looking around, she could not help but admire the beauty surrounding her.. Large white marble pillars stretching up to reach the roof, windows delivering views of a beautiful garden all around, and beyond the garden, an endless sea of blue, cloudless sky, that dipped down into the horizon seamlessly..*

    *The environment helped to calm her down, for her heart was pounding in her chest.. Simply put, she was nervous.. She didn't know what the Jedi would think of her, and if she were to be refused, and left to go back to her other life, what would she do? There was nothing for her there, she had no future, no calling, no purpose.. All she could do was hope to be accepted as a padawan.. Perhaps dedicating her life to those who needed help would fill that void..*






    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-19-2002 09:22 PM:

    Tom walks in and bows. "Just have some patience please, Im sure the Masters will get to you when they can."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-20-2002 04:31 PM:

    *Startled slightly, she turned to face the man who had just entered, and quickly bowed her head in return..*

    Sorry, I.. I will..

    *She spoke quickly, and truth-be-known, she had no idea what she was apologizing for.. Had she been acting impatient? Why had he said that? Oh.. This wasn't going well at all..*


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-20-2002 09:42 PM:

    "You felt a bit restless, and I wanted to assure you that you weren't being ignored."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-20-2002 09:56 PM:

    I.. I didn't think I was.. I'm nervous, not anxious..

    *Her voice quieted down to an almost inaudible whisper as she spoke, her gaze dropping down to the ground before her..*


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-21-2002 10:03 AM:

    "Just relax. We have droids that can get you a drink or something to eat if you need it."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-24-2002 11:10 AM:

    No, I'm fine... Thank you anyways..

    *Though perhaps he was right about the relaxing... It wouldn't do well for her to pass out when a Jedi Master came in, which is what it seemed like she'd be doing if she kept going the way she was..*

    *Taking a long deep breath, she held it in for a count of 5, before releasing it slowly.. The back of her neck tingled slightly as her edgy nerves were calmed and quieted.. She silently repeated the process a few more times, bringing herself back into a relaxed state..*

    I just hope they don't take Too much longer..


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-24-2002 12:17 PM:

    "We have had problems with the sith, unfortunately not enough Jedi remain to help teach the young. I, while being rather new to the whole, have been asked to help, among my other responisbilities."

    He smiled, "Let's say we play a game right now, how does that sound?"












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-24-2002 12:33 PM:

    The.. Sith?

    *That was a term she didn't recognize... What was a Sith? Perhaps some kind of animal? It must be a rather troublesome one if the Jedi were having problems with it.. Well, she might as well ask and find out..*

    Umm... What is a Sith?


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-24-2002 12:42 PM:

    "Ah yes. Government propoganda..." He knew the Republic hid the Sith from the public conscious well, he only knew of them from studying history.

    "The sith are a religion of those who are not like me, and the ones here. They seek for personal power, and to harm others. It is a selfish, destructive religion that wields the darkest forms of the force."

    He blinked and rose his head. "Now thier numbers are exceeding the Jedi, and while most Jedi have fled to the conflict, few remain to teach."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-24-2002 12:53 PM:

    *Government Propaganda? Had there even Been a proper government on the planet she had lived on? It was so small and peaceful, she honestly didn't think there had been.. Everyone lived well together, disputes were handled with words, and when it came to more, the people involved would be jailed until they'd calmed down... There simply had been no need for a government..*

    Oh, that sounds terrible.. Surely they couldn't actually Defeat the Jedi though, could they?


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-24-2002 01:11 PM:

    "The lightside of the force can never die. The longevity of the Jedi depends on each Jedi's strength and resolve. Now clear your mind of Questions and relax."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-24-2002 01:18 PM:

    *With a silent sigh and a nod, she complied.. Trying to keep her mind free of thought was a hurdle she'd rarely managed to overcome, but for some reason it came easy to her here.. Letting all her muscles tense and then relax as well, she prepared herself as best she could for whatever the teen had in store..*


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-24-2002 01:25 PM:

    "A Jedi's use of the Force is his greatest skill and most difficult achievement. Do you know what the force is?"












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-24-2002 01:29 PM:

    I.. Know it's... what gives a Jedi their power and abilities.. I guess it's like a type of magic?


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-24-2002 01:35 PM:

    "Magic doesnt exist. Magic is a term used for the unexplained, and while modern science still cannot explain exactly what the force is, it's something wonderful."

    He smiled, "The Force is a powerful field created by all living things, it surrounds and penetrates the entire galaxy... but it does not fall to everyone to use it as a source of insight and power."

    "A Jedi from the beginning must do what most cannot, develop a sensitivity to this Force. The Jedi must actually feel it, feel thier oneness with it, feel it tangible flow through them, then the Jedi's conscious awareness must join the Force so that the knowledge through the Force will become his own."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-24-2002 01:59 PM:

    *Odd, she'd always heard that Magic was created by using an energy that all living beings created as well..*

    But how can you say Magic doesn't exist just because Modern Science doesn't recognize it, when the Force you believe in is looked at exactly the same way..?

    *With a hand up to her mouth, she shook her head, and apologized..*

    I'm sorry, I went off-topic.. The force sounds amazing.

    *It was the best she could come up with, for she knew not what to say in reply..*


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-24-2002 02:04 PM:

    "Once you start using the force, you will understand. It isnt something I really can understand. You simply have to... feel it."

    He turned his head, looking around at the sun. "Are you in need of rest, or are a bit hungry now?"












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-24-2002 02:07 PM:

    No.. No thank you, I'm feeling rather well myself right now.. You mentioned something about a game earlier though?


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-24-2002 02:09 PM:

    "Ah yes." He grinned, he forgot about that, "Follow me." He steped from the Temple base and into the forest. "Do not worry, this is a 'freindly' forest."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-24-2002 02:49 PM:

    I couldn't imagine a forest around a Jedi temple being anything But..

    *She spoke the words softly, as if not intending the Jedi to hear them, or more accurately, as if just saying them to herself.. Stepping out from the marble-decored room, she followed him into the forest, before realizing she didn't even know who he was..*

    Umm... Excuse me.. Who are you, anyways?


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-24-2002 04:38 PM:

    "Thomas Salen. I am a Jedi Knight, and appointed welcome Wagon by the ranking Jedi Master." He traversed the folliage. moving branches aside. "Try not to break or damage anything more than necessary, please."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-26-2002 12:54 PM:

    Why would I?

    *As she followed after him, her ease and grace through the many branches that tried to wall off the path surprised him, barely touching any of them, she quickly traversed through and caught up to him, all the while speaking.*

    My name's Hina.. Hina Amaterasu. I guess I'm here because I'd like to help the Jedi keep peace in the galaxy.. Err, I mean, that Is why I'm here..


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-26-2002 01:24 PM:

    "The Jedi do more than keep peace." He moved fluidly through the forest, "Careful for that leaf, nasty rash."

    He ducked as they came to a small river. "The jedi also look for knowledge and enlightenment. Here."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 11-27-2002 08:05 PM:

    *Moving up alongside him at the river, Hina looked down at it for a moment, watching the clear water ripple along the surface where rocks reached up for the air above.. Without diverting her gaze from the water, she asked..*

    Have any found it...? Enlightenment, I mean?


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 11-28-2002 11:14 AM:

    "Of course. Some say thats when you become a master." He grinned. "This way!" He took off running down a lightly forested hill, hoping over the bushes and rocks.












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 12-01-2002 10:54 AM:

    *In an instant she was off, long graceful strides carrying her over over the flora that decorated the decline, matching step with Tom almost effortlessly.. As she ran, she continued to talk, asking questions..*

    What does the enlightenment teach them? I mean, enlightenment about what?


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 12-01-2002 11:26 AM:

    "Everything. You get a sense over everything, feelings, nature, the universe, thoughts...."

    He stopped infront of a black obelisk. It was inscribed with an ancient script and brilliant faceted jewels. The monumet felt cold to everyone, and was in a small clearing.

    "For there to be light, there must be darkness..." He pointed to the obelisk. "A relic of the Sith, the Darkside."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 12-01-2002 11:41 AM:

    *Silently she stood there, looking over the obelisk... It certainly gave off an unwelcoming presence, Didn't it..*

    It.. Sounds amazing. I hope I was right in coming here.. I.. Believe I am so far.

    *She spoke the words nervously, mostly because the monument seemed to be staring at her, despite it's lack of eyes.. She couldn't tell why, but it felt like the thing was studying her...*

    Could we.. go somewhere else perhaps?


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 12-01-2002 06:19 PM:

    "If you must be serious, you must know with the good comes the bad. There is no easy path, and in the way will be bigger obstactles than this. Only if you are committed, and have resolve, you will not feel the need to run from this."

    He smiled. "Let us go back and have you settled in then. That is if you still wish too."












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 12-02-2002 10:35 AM:

    *As he spoke, she found herself looking back at the monument... It scared her now, but if overcoming that was a task she needed to perform to even be considered for Jedi training, it would be a small task indeed.*

    Whatever you wish.. I'll.. Stay if it'd be preferred.. I'd rather not feel like I was running from this, if what you're saying's true..


    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by tomduo on 12-02-2002 11:27 AM:

    "Good. You have just taken a step into a larger understanding." He grinned and pointed to the direction of the temple as he walked back.












    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Hina Amaterasu on 12-02-2002 11:36 AM:

    *Nodding, she smiled and began walking alongside him back to the Temple.. Things seemed to be going well now indeed..*
Working...
X