X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Redemption

Posted by ~*Selena Aidan on 10-08-2002 01:30 PM:
    Seeking Redemption

Selena bit her lower lip as she exited the shuttle. She missed her home, her family and her friends.
    Even though much time had passed since her exile from Dathomir it hadn't made it any easier.
    The darkside still flickered, a tempting presence in the back of her mind... it would be so easy to touch it, to wield it's power once again... but no. She would never again use what had caused her to be cut off from all that was familiar to her.
    Selena hoped to find peace in this place. She hoped to find people to help her rid herself of the taint of the darkside... if it could be done. She hoped to find a way to save her friend that had chosen not to turn after their exile, but to continue down the dark path.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-08-2002 07:54 PM:

Amalia, one of the Jedi Masters of Students of the Light, was about to depart from the recruitment area for the day, when she felt a new presence arrive.

She had no been expected for anyone else to arrive today, as it was rather late in the afternoon, almost into the evening, in fact.

Nonetheless, she waited to greet the new arrival as she entered the recruitment area.

Amalia bowed slightly before Selena as she entered, it was how she greeted every new presence, and the way she greeted each Jedi upon meeting with her presence.

She smiled slightly at Selena, noticing her hesitate as she entered.

"Come in, it's alright. Hello there.."

Amalia watched in silence for a moment at Selena stepped closer toward the area where Amalia was standing.

"Is there something I can do for you?" She asked with a warm smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by ~*Selena Aidan on 10-09-2002 08:41 PM:

Selena returns Amalia's bow a little awquardly, and gives her a nervous smile.

"I... was hoping to find someone to... train me in the way of the light, and..." Selena hesitates for a moment, not sure she wants to disclose her wishes for fear that she be turned away.

She sensed a peace about Amalia, and was drawn to her warm presence. Fidgeting, she stammers, "I've come seeking redemption for turning... to the darkside. I... I want to rid myself of it's taint."

Selena watches Amalia closely, expecting a harsh reaction as she had encountered among her own people...

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-09-2002 11:41 PM:

Amalia watched the woman with silent observation for several moments without saying a word, but the trace of her smile never left her lips as she looked on at Selena.

"The recuitment area is not a place of judgement for those that seek redemption. You need not be nervous or frightened..."

The Jedi Master paused, clasping her hands before her.

"I won't ask you your story, as I have no place in prying. However, if you don't mind, I would like to know how you found your way to Students of the Light, and why you think that becoming a Jedi will aid you in your path for redemption?"

Posted by ~*Selena Aidan on 10-10-2002 02:09 AM:

"It was by accident, really, " Selena explains, feeling more at ease with Amalia than she had with anyone for a long time.

"I've been traveling from planet to planet, trying to find a place... to feel alive again, I guess you could say. And I overheard a conversation... I don't know who they were, but they knew of this place. So I followed the lead and it led me here."

Selena sighed a little, "As for your other question, I... I think perhaps, that if I can learn to use my Force powers the way they were meant to be used, even if the taint doesn't go away, I could at least avoid falling into it once more... and... I have a friend that chose not to turn from the dark path after our... but to continue in it. I wish to learn if there is a way that I can help her..."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-10-2002 06:52 AM:

"I see," Amalia said in a quiet manner as she thought over Selena's words.

Selena was not the first to walk into the recruitment center, seeking redemption. No two seekers for redemption were ever the same, but they all were seeking the same thing, peace within themselves. Amalia's only concern, in the beginning, for those that were seeking redemption, was that they were sure that the Light was truly what they were seeking. It was not easy transfering from one path, over to another.

"As I tell many of those who enter this dwelling, seeking redemption, in order for you to find what you are looking for, you must find peace within yourself. What you are looking for starts within, so it is important that you forgive yourself for what you have done. Someone else can easily forgive you, but it will do no good if you do not forgive yourself. Do you forgive ypurself?" She asked quietly.

Posted by ~*Selena Aidan on 10-11-2002 07:09 PM:

"I... no," Selena replies honestly. "I'm not sure I can... "

She ponders the idea for a moment, it had never occured to her that she would have to forgive herself before she could find peace.

"My choices have changed my life, but not in a good way. I don't know if that is something I can forgive myself for, choosing the things I did."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-11-2002 09:17 PM:

Amalia smiled at Selena with reassurance, adding some encouraging words.

"At some point in all of our lives, we all seek forgiveness for something, so you're not alone. However, forgiving yourself is not easy, it takes time. You will learn, with time and with healing to forgive yourself..."

Amalia decided to ask a rather difficult question, well, perhaps it would be difficult for Selena to answer, given her own situation, and the responses she giave, Amalia had deduced that perhaps her question would be hard to answer.

"What makes you think would make you a good Jedi, meaning what qualities do you hold that would make you a good Jedi?"

Posted by ~*Selena Aidan on 10-15-2002 12:30 AM:

"I... I guess I hadn't thought that far ahead," Selena admits, her hopes sinking.

"I haven't any outstanding qualities that I know of... I've been able to use the Force since I was very young, and my main areas of gifts were in weather manipulation, levetation and lightsaber skills, if that's what you mean."

Selena shruggs a little, not really knowing how to reply. "But as for me being a good Jedi... with my background, I don't know if there is anything that would result in my being a good Jedi."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-15-2002 06:05 PM:

"Have faith in yourself, and you'll go far, no matter the goal."

Amalia smiled thinly, her question had been one of mere observation.

"You answer was just as I had imagined it to be....Your past, is just that, it may hold some meaning to you, and it perhaps a part of you, but it can't outline your future, only the present can. It is what you do and believe now that matters most."

Amalia remained silent for a moment, letting Selena think over what she had said.

The Jedi rested a hand underneather her chin, thinking quietly, watching Selena.

"I think there is some part of you that believes that you can become what you desire to become, or else you wouild not have even had the courage to come here....

Courage is saying something, and that is something you have. You should be proud, courage is not an easy thing to come by."

Amalia's soft smile returned to her lips, her eyebrows rising suddenly, just a little.

"Forgive me, I realize I have not yet introduced myself. I am Amalia Azalin, a Jedi Master of Students of the Light. Tell me, Jedi hopeful, whom are you?"

Posted by ~*Selena Aidan on 10-17-2002 11:38 PM:

Selena mused over Amalia's words, letting them sink in. She brightened at Amalia's encouranging words, and she smiled, if not a little sad, genuinly.

"I'm Selena Aidan. A witch of Dathomir, or former one, rather. I am pleased to meet you, Master Azalin."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-18-2002 07:56 PM:

"Likewise," she said, the smile never leaving her face as she gestured silently for Selena to follow her.

The two walked through the halls of the recruitment area until they reached what appeared to be a service droid of some kind.

"I think you deserve the opportunity to accomplish your goals and desires, Selena. I believe that anyone can do and be anything they set their minds to."

She gestured to the droid.

"Please follow this droid, it will take you to the training dojo where you will wait with other students who are also awaiting a Master to train them. I'm not sure how long your wait will be, but you can meet a few of your other fellow Jedi as you wait."

Amalia bowed.

"Welcome to Students of the Light, Jedi Padawan..."

Posted by ~*Selena Aidan on 10-19-2002 08:19 PM:

"Thank you, Master Azalin. I will do my best. Thank you for giving me the chance," Selena replies, still smiling. With a slight bow to Amalia, she turns and follows the droid to the training dojo.
Working...
X