X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Future Sought After

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 09-30-2002 05:09 PM:
    A Future Sought After

A grey YT-2400, Maelstrom, glides it's way into the concave Hangar Bay of the Academy. Upon reaching the center of the bay, the ship wheels around so the cockpit is facing the exit, prepared for an easy take off and departure should he be turned away. Upon setting the craft down, the pilot within unlocks the hatch and pushes it up, the mechanism to automatically raise it damaged on his way here.

Without waiting for the workers in the Bay to bring a ladder, the young man pulls off his flight gloves, grabs his jacket, and leaps down, falling to a knee to cushion the landing. The Pilot takes a moment to survey his surroundings with orange/brown eyes as the workers stand surrounding him, keeping a vigilant eye on him. Pulling on his jacket, he finally speaks around to the various men and women, feeling a bit akward at being the center of attention.

"Um, good evening?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-30-2002 10:18 PM:

:: Jedi Knight Tessa Rendahl was alerted to a visitor's landing in their hangar area. Instead of waiting for their guest to come to the recruitment hall, she decided to go meet them personally and give a proper welcome. Rounding the corner of the hallway leading to the landing area, she saw a man looking around. Smiling warmly, Tessa approached him and then stopped to stand before him ::

"Greetings. I am Jedi Knight Tessa Rendahl of the Students of the Light. May I be of assistance to you in some way?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Marcus Rishar on 09-30-2002 10:54 PM:

Marcus gave a light tug to his jacket, before filling the deep pockets with his hands, a quaint smile forming over his lips. With the faintest decline of his head, he bids the Jedi Knight a reverent nod.

"Good Evening. I do hope you can help me. I'd like to train under the guidance of this temple."

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-30-2002 10:56 PM:

"Hello there. I'll certainly try to help you in any way I can but I don't seem to have caught your name.. you are?"

:: She smiled at the man, the aura of the light side surrounding her ::

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 09-30-2002 11:01 PM:

He studied the woman before him a moment, finding an odd comfort in her tone and presence, allowing him to relax more wholly. After casting a glance to the departing workers, he returns his gaze to the woman before him.

"Oh yes, pardon that. Marcus Rishar, and also it's a pleasure to meet you."

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-30-2002 11:17 PM:

"Hello Marcus. It is very good to meet you as well. Please tell me a little bit about yourself and how you came to seek out the path of the light side."

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 09-30-2002 11:26 PM:

"Myself? Well I come from New Apsolon. I was a trouble maker at a young age until I attended a flight academy, with discipline being a strong point. I excelled in whatever flight groups I was placed in, and always felt I had some sort of extra advantage. When I was flying, my senses would feel heightened, I was aware of things that my scanners could never reveal, and to make a long story short, you could say the Force is what has kept me alive. I've always respected the Jedi and read a slight bit on them, and after doing so, I came to my own conclusion that I was given the gift for a reason."

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 10-01-2002 12:02 AM:

:: Tessa nodded as Marcus told her about himself ::

"Have you ever met a Jedi? Or do you know what being a Jedi entails?"

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-01-2002 01:57 PM:

"Before now, I have never met one personally. Though, I do know what being a Jedi entails. As I understand it, it is a life of sacrafice but for a just cause, one worth sacraficing."

Posted by Heaven Epiphany on 10-01-2002 08:10 PM:

Heaven's boot adorned feet clicked against the floor as she wandered down the corridors, her hands every now and then reaching out to grasp the walls as she paused for a moment to reconnect with the force. Her pregnancy was making it hard for her to concentrate on anything but keeping up her energy to make it through the day. As the months went on, and her belly grew a bit bigger, it was getting tougher, but she relied soley on the force to help her out-if she didn't, she would end up in the darkness again.
    She tilted her head towards the direction that she could hear soft voices coming from, the familiar sound of Tessa's cheerful words and the new sound of a gruffer, yet friendly man's voice filled her ears. A smile crossed her lips and she moved forward once again, her white robes whispering with every step.
    "It is indeed well worth the sacrifice."
    She spoke softly but loud enough for the new comer to hear as she rounded the corner, squinting her eyes a bit to get a better view of his blury form.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-01-2002 08:36 PM:

Marcus glanced away from the Jedi he was conversing with to the resounding noise of the footfalls of someone approaching. Removing his hands from his pockets, he directs his gaze to the woman, offering a faint smile.

"Evening."

Posted by Heaven Epiphany on 10-01-2002 08:41 PM:

Heaven nodded her head towards the man, returning the faint smile with a bright one of her own.
    "Good Evening sir...I do hope I'm not interrupting anything?"
    She glanced towards Tessa, then back at the stranger.

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 10-01-2002 10:51 PM:

:: Tessa smiled to Heaven ::

"No, you're not interrupting at all. I was just about to welcome Marcus to the Students of the Light and show him the way to the Training Dojo where he may await a master."

:: She gestured to Marcus to follow her through the large doorway ::

"Welcome to the path of the light, Marcus. It is an honor to have you among us. If you will come this way now."

OOC:
    Just click on the "await a master" link Marcus and post in the thread there. Thanky.

Posted by Marcus Rishar on 10-02-2002 01:56 PM:

Marcus took up a stride beside the Jedi Knight, glancing back momentarily to Heaven to see if she would follow.

"It is an honor to be accepted among you and the other Jedi."

The rest of the walk alongside of Tessa he remained relatively silent, taking in every detail of the vast halls of the Academy.
Working...
X