X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Jedi's Awakening(Xam Brightblade)

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-30-2002 11:42 PM:
    A Jedi's Awakening(Xam Brightblade)

Although Amalia thought the force class that she was teaching, would show much promise, she had actually found that teaching an entire class was rather difficult.

Though the Jedi was willing to teach in many forms, she found it rather difficult to teach a force class. She herself, much rathr enjoyed the individual time between Student and Master, she believed that focusing was easier in individual training, not so rushed.

So it was that Amalia found herself standing in the training dojo, awaiting this time, and individual student, instead of several.

She awaited Xam Brightblade, a student that she had met previously during the teaching of her force class.

She patiently awaited his arrival, knowing that he would arrive soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Xam Brightblade on 10-01-2002 11:35 AM:

Xam was in the compound, he had left the force class since Master Amalia had asked him if he would like an individual training. He couldn't refuse that but now he had to wait for Amalia. He was thinking...
    I could go and see if she's there yet.

Xam nodded and went to his cupboard, taking his dark green cloak and headed to the training grounds. it was rather cold in the great hall but he didn't mind.
    Once arrived in the training grounds he saw his master. Amalia, so she was ready.

"Hello master, glad to see you again."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-02-2002 04:42 PM:

Amalia bowed respectfully in greeting to her padawan.

"Hello, Xam. I hope you are eager to begin, I have much to teach you. First however, I must learn of what you know already so that I may teach you of the things you do not know. So here is my first question to you, what do you know of the force?"

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 10-03-2002 03:11 PM:

Xam smiled and thought for a second and came up with this easy response.

"The force is everything around us and though nothing, we can use the Lightside to protect and to live in harmony with everything."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-03-2002 03:18 PM:

"An excellent answer, but allow me to give you a more indepth answer..."

She smiled, pausing to clasp her hands in front of her.

"The force is an energy field that surrounds us, ninds the galaxy together, it moves us. As I'm sure you know, there are two basic forms to the force, the Light and the Dark sides of the force. Knowing this, do you know what feelings a Jedi must draw upon to tap into the Lightside of the force?"

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 10-03-2002 03:23 PM:

Xam listened to the calm voice of Amalia, it relaxed him, even his presence in this place relaxed him because he knew he was in a good environement.

"There are no feelings, there is peace. A Jedi must clear all feelings to reach the Light Side and certainly not feel hatred."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-04-2002 12:39 PM:

"Good.."

Amalia smiled nervously, hoping she was not boringing Xam too much.

"Forgive me, Xam, but these question are to better help the both of us. With your answers I am able to know what you know and don't know. This will help with your training."

Amalia paused as her gaze fell to the door. Her gaze shortly returned to Xam, her brown eyes now fixed on him as she gestured to the door.

"Would you care to perhaps go outside? I find that training outside can be be a wonderful environment to learn in."

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 10-05-2002 04:12 AM:

Xam nodded, he prefered to go outside for the fresh air. They walked slowely towards the door and he could feel the peace in Amalia.

"I understand that you have to ask those questions but it doesn't bother me, master."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-05-2002 10:15 AM:

Amalia smiled smiled slightly, nodding her head.

"I know you're anxious to learn and we both shall do that very soon. I have but just one more question before we can begin the physical aspects of your training. Do you already posses any abilities within the force, if so, what are they? Could you perhaps demonstrate these abilities for me?"

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 10-05-2002 10:32 AM:

Xam was not really anxious to learn but just wanted to learn and was a bit over-enthousiastic.

"I have no force powers but sometimes I meditate to calm down but that is not a force ability."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-05-2002 11:28 AM:

Amalia was impressed that Xam did work with meditation, the Jedi Master found meditation to be rather important.

"Good. I myself too believe in meditation..."

Amalia paused, her gaze falling toward the ground as she stopped walking, the two now standing just near the center of the area outside.

The Jedi crouched as she inspected the ground. She took a moment to study the ground and the particles there before picking out a few small rocks with her left hand. She place the rocks in the palm of her left hand and then stood up quickly again.

She held her hand outward, palm facing upwards so Xam could see the rocks, and then she spoke again.

"As you can see, these are rocks. We'll be using them for your first task, the basics of levitation. It seems I have mislead you, for I do have another question, I apologize. It is more a curious question than anything else. When you look upon these rocks, what do you see? Do you see just rocks or do you see something more?"

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 10-06-2002 05:54 AM:

Xam walked with her outside and stopped in the middle of the grounds. He looked curious as Amalia picked up some rocks but didn't ask questions, he was sure that she knew what she was doing. Then Xam thought for a second and looked very good to the rock.

"If I look normally to the rock I see just stone but.. when I look further I seethat this rock is just something made by the force or is part of the force itself."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-06-2002 11:45 AM:

"Right.."

Amalia paused, thinking for a moment as she thought carefully of what she would say next.

"Forgive me, I do not often form my questions well. Your answer is not wrong, but it is not the answer I was looking for. However, that is no fault of yours, but of mine.

I shall tell you of what I was refering to when I asked such a question. As you know, and I'm sure you've heard from other fellow Jedi, that when in battle, anything and everything can and perhaps will be used against you in the heat of battle. You must do your best, should you find yourself in battle, to think like your foe."

Amalia gestured to the rocks.

"These rocks are not just rocks, perhaps to you or I they may be. However, to your foe, they are considered weapons and you should be mindful of this. Perhaps even you, one day, may be using them as such things as well, should you find yourself without your lightsaber and you are looking to defend yourself."

Amalia let her words sink in before she continued on with the lesson.

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 10-06-2002 03:32 PM:

Xam felt a bit embarassed, he had given a complete different answer from what was asked.. The flush was quickly over and he concentrated back on the lesson. The air was whispering in his ears and he felt like flying away, the words of Amalia were echoing in his ears and when she stopped, he opened his eyes again.

"I understand and I am sorry for my answer which was inappropiate."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-07-2002 10:33 AM:

ic: Amalia smiled with reassurance.

'Oh no, not at all, Xam, it was my own fault. I should have been more clear. Your answer was just fine, honest."

She had caught his slight blush, but decided to not mention it for fear of making him even more embarrassed. She did feel, however, that he did not need to feel embarrassed.

She kept her smile and then motioned to the rocks once more.

"Now on with the lesson. Levitation is probably one of the easiest force tasks you will learn. You will come to find that as you learn to do and learn more tasks that you will find yourself doing some of the same things as you have in earlier learning sessionss. What I mean by that is, in order for you to do these tasks you always need two things, the force and your mind."

"You will need to use your mind because your mind is what allows you to use the force. There is really no other way of using the force. Thus, you need the force to complete and do the tasks ahead of you."

Amalia paused, frowning a bit, knowing that she had spoken too much already. However, she knew that she must teach and words were often included along with working on new skills.

"So it is now time that you have your own experience of drawing upon the force, In order to do this, you must first clear your mind of any and all thoughts, such as you do with meditation and only concentrate on what I ask you to do. To draw upon the Lightside of the force you must draw upon peacefullness, something that perhaps would make you feel happy or peaceful. Once you have done this, you then can do this..."

Without another word being said for the moment, the rocks in the palm of Amalia's hand slowly began to lift their way into the air, stopping at just about eye level with Xam.

Slowly, Amalia let the rocks fall back into the palm of her hand after a moment. Amalia had been looking at Xam the whole time as she did the task.

"Your mind must have the feel of peacefullness or else you will not be able to accomplish the tasks set before you in the proper manner. I want you to visualize, in your mind, these small rocks being lifted from the palm of my hand and into the air. Visualize the rocks slowly rising up, just at eye level, just as you saw before. Once you see this in your mind, then and only then can you draw upon the force to accomplish your task. Once you have your visual aid, reach out and stretch out with the force, toward the rocks, and then simply lift the rocks, just exactly the way as you see it in your mind."

ooc: eh, sort of got carried away there, I'm sorry.
Working...
X