X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Newest of the Light(Force Class)

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-09-2002 11:42 PM:
    The Newest of the Light(Force Class)

The Students of the Light seemed to be growing rapidly in size now with each passing day. So much so was the growth that it all seemed overwhelming, after all the growth had had happened in such a short time.

Here Amalia was, already taking on a new force class, and she was rather excited about it too, her brown eyes showed as much.

So it was that Amalia waited patiently for the newest of the light to join her for training into the jorney of the light...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Azrael Seraphim on 09-10-2002 12:19 AM:

A winged figure entred the room, from the recruitment hall. His face shone brightly, not from any reflection of exsisting light sources, but from his own natural radiant aura that surrounded him. He looked around him and was amazed at the simplistic beauty of the dojo, balanced and bright, yet not blinding. As he observed his surroundings he picked up a strong figure in the force in the room with him. He smiled and spread his wings, his kind' sign for respect and bowed his head.

"The sun is shining on my face, yet I am not in a field of wheat. This obviously is not Elysium, but I suspect it is not far from those fabled fields." His righteous voice rang out in his own tongue and yet she that was in the room with him was able to understand it in her own natural tongue. He sang out again, the moans and hums of his voice more beautiful the the morning song of a bluebird in spring. "I am the Servant, Azrael, the first in many generations of my people to hold the title of Padawan. Are you the Jedi Master who will teach me the path of your noble order?"

He then retracted his wings, folding them behind his back and stood with his hands at his side, awaiting the response of the stranger.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-10-2002 09:53 AM:

Though it did not show, Amalia Azalin was somewhat startled when her first student arrived. She found herself studying the winged figure very closely, more out of being curious than anything else, she had never seen such a figure as this before. Her brown eyes fell onto the figures face, the features of his face appeared to be that of a male. He looked so peaceful, that was the first thing the Jedi Master had noticed about him. The second thing she noticed about him, of course, his wings, how could one not notice them...When he spread his wings out, one could not help but stare at them, they were quite wonderful to look at.

She returned the bow with her own bow of the head, smiling at the winged figure as she raised her head, her brown eyes meeting his eyes.

"Hello, Azrael, it is a pleasure to meet you. Yes, I am a Jedi Master, and I hope to teach you, along with the rest of the students, a great many number of things about the Jedi. Where you learn from me, I hope that I may be able to learn from you as well."

Posted by Libaca on 09-10-2002 01:17 PM:

Libaca was not one to be shy, but as Tessa left her in the dojo, she felt like following. The place was immense! In fact, everything about the academy seemed colossal. Everything, but some of the doors as had been proven upon arriving.

The Wookiee’s green eyes widened as she stared at her new surroundings. She couldn’t even begin to describe what she saw. So she didn’t. Her sweeping gaze fell onto the forms of two individuals. It was nice to know that she wasn’t alone in such an illustrious place.

Instead of approaching and introducing herself, she waited, standing there motionless.

Posted by Talisa Darksun on 09-10-2002 03:49 PM:

Newest recruit of SOTL, Talisa Darksun enters the training Dojo as Tessa led her there and departed. She bowed toward all that were present and introduced herself to the new members.

"Greetings, all. My aplogies for interupting. My name is Talisa Darksun and I am to be trained in the Jedi ways."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-11-2002 12:55 AM:

Amalia was aware of the new arrivals, even if she had not looked toward their direction. The force had made her aware of both of the new recruits. She smiled to Azrael once more, and then turned her way to the two other newest padawans. First she directed her attention toward Talisa, as she had spoken first.

"Greetings," she said to Talisa as she bowed to her.

She then turned her attention toward Libaca, bowing to her in turn as well.

Amalia did her best to center her attention on both of the padawans as she introduced herself to them.

"Hello, it is nice to find two more followers of the light, eager to learn the ways of the Jedi. I am Jedi Master Amalia Azalin, and I will be instructing you both into your journey into the lightside of the force."

Posted by Azrael Seraphim on 09-11-2002 03:28 PM:

Azrael bowed his head to the two other new initiates and smiled. He walked over to them and stood beside them so his master would not have to look in two different directions at once.

"Greetings Talisa and you furry one. I am Azrael, the Servant. I look forward to training along side you.." His voice rang out like the call of heaven. Translating even into Wookie inside the heads of all who heard. He then turned towards his master; "Whenever you are ready?"

Posted by Libaca on 09-12-2002 09:54 AM:

Not knowing what else to do, Libaca mimicked and bowed her head in greeting to the Jedi Master. She felt awkward at that very moment, out of place. Perhaps she shouldn’t have come?

She inwardly slapped herself. What would her family think if she returned now? A failure? She would not, could not shame them. Wookiee’s were a species of pride. She would have to hold her own here.

Libaca barked a hello to Talisa, the human that had entered just behind her, then turned her attention to…the man with wings. What was he? Libaca bared her glistening teeth at him, not appreciating the addressing in the least. She had a name. The Wookiee felt like popping him one, but despite her sudden anger she did not. Wouldn’t be the best way to start out a training session. She would just have to teach the arrogant ‘bird’ a lesson later.

Posted by Azrael Seraphim on 09-12-2002 10:09 AM:

Azrael still looked at the Wookie puzzled, he had heard of their kind when studying the ancient texts, they were a proud race, technologically advanced, but still lived simplistic lives. He had never seen one of them before though, just read descriptions of them in the books, marvelous creatures.

"I do not suppose you have a name?" He spoke in his majestic voice. He smiled at her softly. He had seen her bare her teeth, a sign of agression for her people, Azrael was confused had it been something he'd said?

Posted by Libaca on 09-12-2002 10:16 AM:

Cute, acting innocent. Perhaps he really did have no idea as to why she had grown irritated towards him, but such a thought never crossed her mind. There was something about how he held himself, how he acted that did not go over well with the young Wookiee. She growled a reply:

Yes, I have a name. Libaca.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-12-2002 03:17 PM:

Amalia was quite surprised that Libaca had not tore at one of Azrael's limbs by now, as Wookiees were known to be short tempered. She was rather pleased that the Libaca had kept her temper at bay.

The Jedi Master found herself blushing a bit at the situation at hand, she could feel the tention between both padawans.

She decided that perhaps it would be best if each student spoke a little bit about one another, perhaps even curing the small conflict at present.

"Alright, well, before class actually begins, I think we should take the time to get to know one another. Introductions are a good way to start off any class. So who cares to start first?"

Amalia's brown eyes slowly glanced from student to student, first to Azrael, then to Libaca, and then Talisa, as she eagerly awaited for one of the padawans to begin the introductions.

Posted by Azrael Seraphim on 09-12-2002 09:28 PM:

Azrael nodded and began speaking in the tongue of his people; "I am Azrael Seraphim, the Servant. I come from a distant planet far from what you would call the core of the galaxy. My people are an ancient race of force weilders, all of us have wings such as mine, and speak in the same manner as I. We were once a part of the Jedi, but many millenia ago a great catastrophe arose and we had to flee from the galaxy to our own homeworld. For an eon we lived in solitude away from the fledgling races of this galaxy. After many long years we began sending out warriors such as myself to try to reconnect with our Jedi bretheren, I am the first to have made contact, with your order. It is unusual for one as young as myself, I am only 450 years of age, to have been sent on the journey. I have spent the last 150 years looking for you and at long last, I a young and lowly servant have succeded and soon our people and the Jedi will be together again."

His eyes shone with mournful pride, he had not revealed all that was to be revealed when he spoke but he told enough for the time.

Posted by Talisa Darksun on 09-13-2002 12:14 PM:

She nodded toward the others in a respectful gesture as they introduced themselves. Talisa was nervous about telling her life's story and wanted to keep hers rather brief. Clasping her hands behind her back, she stood there silently and awaited if anyone would begin to speak before her.

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 09-14-2002 05:22 PM:

Xam entered the big Training Dojo, he had switched his travelling cloak for his normal cloak. It had been a long way to find The Students of The Light but now he had found it, he wouldn't leave it. He stepped forward and looked to Amalia with whom he had spoken in the Recruitement Hall. He nodded in respect and then turned towards a big white point, it looked like an angel, Xam lifted an eyebrow and looked quite surprised.

"Hello there, ehm, angel."

Then he turned and saw a wookie and next to her a woman.

"Hello ladies, how are you all doing, my name is Xam Brightblade."

Posted by Libaca on 09-19-2002 02:44 PM:

Libaca growled softly. She wanted to get on with this training. Standing around talking wasn’t what she was best at. Action was her forte and she wished to proceed to it, but she decreed that she should at least seem halfway pleasant. Switching her Shyriiwook dialect normally used for communicating with outsiders to the indigenous Xaczik she voiced a brief, somewhat indiscernible overview of herself:

I am Libaca from the Wartaki Islands of Kashyyyk. As part of my ritual for adulthood, my family has sent me here to become a Jedi…so I am here.

It wasn’t nearly as elaborate as Azrael’s, but it said what she wanted. She gave a satisfied nod and turned to Talisa who was next in line.

Posted by Lucas on 09-19-2002 03:30 PM:

Lucas entered the room and bowed before all to let them know he was there before he spoke,

"I am Lucas, newest padawan of SOTL. I've come here for my training as a Jedi."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-20-2002 11:56 PM:

OOC: Ok, all, rather than make you all wait for each person to reply, I'm going to move the thread along, introduction wise so that we can actually begin. f you'd still like to introduce yourself and you haven't you may do so, just be sure to follow along in the thread. If you have any questions, just ask.

IC: Amalia patiently waited for each student to introduce themselves freely if they so wished to. She had already taken note that a few of the students were already very eager to learn, and that was all fine and well by the Jedi Master, as she was just as eager to teach as they were to learn.

"Alright, now that we've got through the introductions, and I must Thank You for your patience during this, we can now begin to start class."

Amalia paused, looking around the room at each student. She had found herself becoming nervous already. Force classes were not something that Amalia adapted to very easily, but she welcomed the opportunity to teach, nonetheless.

"Forgive me, everyone, I'm a little nervous. I'm not yet become adapted to teaching a force class. This is my second class since my arrival here. I know that training can be a very exciting time, and perhaps it may make you a little nervous. However, I just want you all to know that you should feel free to ask me any questions you'd like. This is a time for you to learn, and not only do I hope that you learn, but I hope that I may be able to learn from you as well."

Amalia took note of the silence that had suddenly crept into the room, she felt all of the students eyes on her as she paused to look around again.

"With that said, let us begin. I am sure that you all have your own reasons for wishing to become a Jedi, and while it is important that you understand what a Jedi is and does, you must also understand that there are other force users that roam this galaxy besides the Jedi, force users that are not as friendly as one would hope for..."

She gestured to the class for a moment.

"Can any of you tell me what the difference is between a Lightsider, a Jedi, and a Darksider, a Sith? What each force users' objectives and goals are?"

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 09-21-2002 04:50 AM:

Xam looked at Amalia while she was telling her story and lifted an eyebrow when she asked the difference between a Lightsider and a darksider. He stepped forward and started speaking.

"Well a Lightsider or Jedi uses the light side of the force to protect the innocent people, they also live in peace and harmony with the force and nature."

He stopped, this is what he thought of the jedi, now the Sith, a very dark one to be.

"The Darksider or Sith uses the dark side of the force to obtain what he wants, to kill and destroy what is in his way, they use their hate to call upon the dark side.."

Xam had read all of that in many books.. He liked reading, it made you wiser and you had a bigger vision of everything in the galaxy.

Posted by Azrael Seraphim on 09-22-2002 03:43 PM:

Azrael listened to the new arrival and nodded. He agreed for the most part and felt that he had nothing really to add to what the man had said. He looked over the group observing those who would be his comrades. They were diverse, it wasn't the same homogeny he was used to when training with his people. There was the furry giant, the beautiful woman and two younger men. He had also seen all sorts of creatures wondering the Jedi Temple, it was pleasant and interestin.

Posted by Journey Skylar on 09-25-2002 12:16 AM:

"The difference between a Jedi and a Sith is the way that they use the Force," a resounding voice, polite but self-assured, echoes from the entrance. A delicate figure garbed in a gown of scarlet and ivory begins to bridge the distance between herself and the group of Padawans. She radiates a gentle but confident presence, and she carries herself as such. "The Jedi," she continues as she walks toward the group, the satin of her gown whispering across the floor, "draw upon the Force not as a means of power unto themselves, but power for the good of others. They are the guardians of peace and the banners of justice; a light unto those that are shadowed by darkness. They allow the Force to control them, and they strive to obey its will." She has reached the ensemble by now and purposefully strides into the midst of it, carrying on with her answer. "The Sith, those that have fallen prey to the Dark Side, have foolishly thought themselves wise enough to harness such power as the Force without guidelines for its usage. As was stated," she pauses, indicating Xam Brightblade with a nod, "Dark Siders withold no concern for the welfare of others. Greed, power, and destruction are their motivations; and fear, anger and agression are their first steps to downfall."

At this point, the slender female dips into an elegant curtsy. "It is important to me that my usage of the Force lead not to my own benefit, but to the welfare of my people. I am Princess Journey Skylar of the planet of Noriah, and I am honored to be among such amazing presences as those that I feel within this room." The regal youth bows her head in a respectful gesture, a humble smile gracing her lips. "I am a Princess to my people; but I come as a servant to the Force."

Posted by Lucas on 09-25-2002 07:58 PM:

Lucas spoke from the background,

"I couldn't of said it any better"

Lucas did not want to say it at all realy, for he had lived through both.

Posted by Talisa on 09-25-2002 08:26 PM:

(ooc: it's me. another account crashed one me )

IC:

Talisa nodded in agreement to the answers given by the student. She too had seen what both sides of the Force can do even before she came to these parts. Taking a deep breath, she decided to remain silent since she was a little shy about speaking right away.

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 09-26-2002 11:32 AM:

Xam looked questioning at the girl whom had just repeated what he said, the people in the room weren't deaf. She was packed in red-white robes and seemed to be a princess. He tried to hide what he felt but had to say what he was thinking.

"Thank you to repeat what I just said, perhaps some people here didn't hear me."

He looked at her and smiled, not feeling anything anymore..

Posted by Journey Skylar on 09-26-2002 04:05 PM:

"Take no offense," Journey replied in an even tone, obviously undaunted. "I was merely elaborating upon your answer with my own thoughts."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-28-2002 06:46 PM:

OOC: Ok all, I'm really sorry to interrupt the thread with ooc clutter. I just have a question for you all...How many of you would prefer to do individual classes(one on one, Master and student) instead of the force class?

I realize that not everyone is able to respond all at once and everyone has their own individual pace, but for a force class, I feel that I must allow a certain amount of time to pass before I can reply again. This can sometimes cause the thread to have delays and I know that some of you may be eager to continue on.

For me personally, I prefer individual teaching. I do better teaching one on one than I do for a force class. I have no clue why, but I just feel that I do.

So I'd just like to know which you all prefer.

I think, IMO, that individual student threads work best.

Posted by Lucas on 09-28-2002 08:31 PM:

(OCC- I'm all for one on one training, You get more done and it's a better way to train and understand what is being teached.)

Posted by Journey Skylar on 09-29-2002 12:06 AM:

((Perhaps we could have both, as each have their own advantages. We could have one on one training, with each Padawan having their own Master, and also could have a class for general assembly from time to time.))

Posted by Xam Brightblade on 09-29-2002 03:50 AM:

OOC: I'm for one on one training. Sorry, I'm just used to that and I even don't like classes, that goes much too slow. so: INDIVIDUAL

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-29-2002 10:54 PM:

OOC: Journey, just a quick note to you, please....

You need to be officially welcomed into SOTL by someone, or either given instruction before your character can make any posts in the training dojo.

It would be most helpful if you could finish out your recruitment thread so that you can be welcomed into the group:

Here

Thanks!

Posted by Journey Skylar on 09-29-2002 11:13 PM:

((Alright. My apologies for jumping ahead of the system like that. ))

Posted by Azrael Seraphim on 09-30-2002 11:37 PM:

Doesn't matter to me, so long as we are trained so there can be some action between the Sith and the Jedi. Don't want people to lose to interest

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-30-2002 11:45 PM:

Well, I can tell you there will be much more of a delay if you continue your training through a force class. One on one training usually is given a more prompt response.

Posted by Azrael Seraphim on 10-02-2002 10:46 AM:

Then by all means, may this lowly Padawan find a Suitable Jedi Knight to train him..

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-02-2002 04:32 PM:

For all of you without a Master as of yet, please report Here Thank You.
Working...
X