Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A hurricane of emotion...(Caltin, Satkia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A hurricane of emotion...(Caltin, Satkia)

Jacob was in his room contemplating what to do next. He had found out that his father hadn't been the man and the Jedi he thought he was. Turns out his dad had turned to the Dark Side going to the Sith. Or that's what Eddic had told him anyways. Still wondering why everyone would flat out lie to him, Jacob figured they had their reasons. The teen just wanted to know why though. Shocked and still angered it had been a few days since the Guardian told him the truth of it all.

Now that his sister, Renee, was gone, Jacob felt alone. Although his mother was also devastated she'd taken time off from being a barmaid and waitress at the Tavern. Tom had given her a few weeks off because he knew that the news that Renee had gone missing took a toll on her. It did to Jacob as well. She was his twin they were brother and sister. They were connected through the bond of the twin thing. But, with her gone the teen Apprentice wondered what would happen now.

Breathing a sigh Jacob paced around his room, feeling angry, sad, and confused. Holding his head in his hands, the Apprentice contemplated what to do now. It was a difficult thing for him to think about but he knew he'd have to anyways. Jacob was just having a bad week. More then that...a month. Still he was concerned with his mother and where his sister was. Both of them along with his father were on his mind.

I've been defeated and brought down...dropped to my knees when hope ran out...

Jacob Jr's Theme Song

Jacob's Alternate Theme

ooc - takes place before this thread.

Satkia had just finished messaging her husband and daughter back on Corellia. She was still bound to stay a while longer on Yavin VIII. Some of her students had need of her presence at the main Jedi temple and thus she had decided to extend her time on the Jedi home world. The petite redhead knew that her family was well, so it helped, regardless of how she missed them.

Walking in the gardens of the compound, she felt a shift in the Force, in the direction of the living quarter area. She frowned slightly, concern coming to her. She didn't recognize who it was right away who was in emotional turmoil but she knew that it was such a situation.

Following the troubled aura, she eventually found Jacob Murano Jr. She didn't know him well, but she still felt compelled to find out whether she might help him.

"Jacob?" She inquired quietly as she walked closer to where he was. "What's going on?"

Comment

Satkia wasn't the only one to sense something was amiss. Caltin was in the middle of an astrological class with younglings when he felt it, of course he felt it because he always looked for them. This wasn't a matter of a lack of trust but being on guard, what was going on as always was he was on the lookout. Caltin was never trying to convince himself that an attack was imminent or if someone was about to fall, he just wanted to be there.

It took a few moments before the class was over but when it did, he followed the feeling, it becoming stronger with each step. It was when he reached a familiar hallway that he knew who it was and the conversation that they once had was what was directing him...

... right to Jacob's door and right behind Satkia. I'm wondering the same thing.

You have power over your mind, not outside events.
      Realize this and you will find strength.

Comment

The young Apprentice felt two aura's outside his door. Opening it with the Force, he knew the other one right away. It had belonged to Master Vanagor while the first one that had appeared was that of Master Wayne. A Jedi Master he'd not known too much of but, Caltin on the other hand he'd spoken to a while ago. His troubled mind and angered and saddened thoughts had kept him from realizing it till now that they'd appeared.

Once Master Wayne and Caltin had entered and asked what was wrong he then turned around slowly with a concerned and sad look. He was full of shock, anger, and worry of course. That much was written on the teen's face. The first thing that popped into his mind was why they'd lied to him for this long. So, he figured he may as well let the elephant outta the room, so to speak.

"Why...why did you lie to me?" Jacob asked in a sad tone, eyes glancing between the two Masters, "I just wanna know why?"

Jacob Jr's Theme Song

Jacob's Alternate Theme

Comment

Satkia nodded to Caltin as he joined her outside of Jacob's door. She hoped that they would both be able to assist the apprentice with whatever ordeal he found himself in. As the door was opened and they could step inside, the pain and anger filling the atmosphere grew stronger.

She quirked a brow, staring at the teenager when he asked them why they had lied to him. She had no idea what he was speaking about. "What do you think we lied to you about, Jacob?" She wasn't playing any game. She had no idea what he might be refering to.

Comment

Satkia may have quirked a brow, but his furrowed. He wasn't angry at the accusation, not at all as he had made them to Masters in the past on his own, informed but not knowing all of the facts of a situation. He lashed out blindly and the pain lasted years, to this day he works to mend the wounds that he created but that is a conversation for a time in the not too distant future. He knew why Jacob was acting like this, the generality and the specifics, well he didn't know but it was an educated guess. Why do you think that you were lied to?

Comment

Jacob looked to Caltin first, then to Satkia, "About my dad. I know you guys said to me that he was some kind of hero before he left. Master Tannen told me the truth. He'd went to the Dark Side and to the Sith. All I ask is why you felt the need to lie to me about it."

His eyes kept darting to both of them. The young Apprentice wanted to know why they felt the urgent need to lie to him. Jacob also wanted to speak with Master Braska about the whole situation as well. That and the whole Council too. Maybe they would answer his question more so then just both Satkia and Master Vanagor. Although he knew Satkia was on the Jedi Council as well. With the other Master's present maybe as a whole they could solve his problem and give him the answers he sought.

A moment of silence and he then quirked his brow, "Anyone at all gonna tell me why?"

Jacob Jr's Theme Song

Jacob's Alternate Theme

Comment

Satkia knew little of Jacob Murano, and she had heard that he had gone to the dark side, but wasn't in the know that much. "I am on the Council but it doesn't mean I know every detail about every Jedi, Jacob." She explained, not trying to find excuses but explaining things as how she had experienced them. "I wish I knew more at times, but none of us is all knowing."

She didn't know how much Amalia or even Caltin might know. "I only met your father once, many years ago, when I was only a padawan. Many Jedi disappear for a while and return. Not all wanderers go to the dark side." She was concerned that she didn't know more about this whole situation, but she couldn't invent out of thin air things she didn't know. "As for why you were lied to, I don't know." She admitted truthfully. "And even though you were told that your father went to the dark side, it doesn't mean he wasn't a hero during his time with us. I know he taught a few Jedi, including some I trained with."

Comment

Kid... get the bass out of your voice. Leaning against the wall in the same manner as he had the last time that they had talked, he folded his arms over each other. Satkia was already saying everything that needed to be said, she was right on every mark. However there was something else. He didn't blame the kid for his reaction, but that didn't make it right, and he knew this from experience. No matter though, he didn't use a tone of pain or anger in his words.

Why do you think you were lied to? Jacob, I told you what I knew from what I had heard from other people. I met him twice, one as a Padawan as I had shown up long after he had left. I met him not long after I was named Master, Guardian Fiore was there. The stories I told you, I read about. He shrugged, he wasn't trying to be harsh or standoffish but there wasn't anything he could say that the petite master didn't already. Except for one...

You know, I may get some flack over this myself for saying this in front of a Council Member... He winked at Satkia. ... but not all of those who follow the dark side are not bad. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we should go to Munto Codru and share some blue milk or anything. My point is, who is to say that your father isn't still a hero? In some way shape or form? Maybe he's a Sith. Maybe he's a Mercenary... who knows maybe he's a part of some secret cult of Force Users and masks himself as Bishop of a fake church, I don't know.

He shrugged, having absolutely no way of knowing the truth about anything he just said, just making a point and nothing more.

The point is that if he is the same person that is in the stories, then he sounds like the type that would be doing whatever he is doing in order to achieve some greater good. So who is to say that anyone is lying to you? Anyone at all?

Comment

Jacob sighed and said to Caltin, "Sorry. It's just that nobody would tell me what actually happened until Master Tannen did. He had the where with all to at least tell me what the truth was. Not just what I wanted to hear. I know my dad was a Jedi Knight at one time. That's fine and all but I would have rather known he abandoned the Jedi then to have been white lied to saying that while he was gone he still remained one."

Looking towards Satkia he then sighed again, "True that none of us is all knowing but I shouldn't have had to hear it from someone who wasn't my actual Master. Why didn't Master Braska tell me the truth? Or anyone who was here when my father was? I know Verrj was one of his students and he didn't tell me the truth either. It would have been a lot nicer to hear all of it. He may have been a hero once but he's not a hero anymore."

Jacob then looked down, "He's not one to me anymore. I don't know what to take from this. What to think? What to do with all this?"

Jacob Jr's Theme Song

Jacob's Alternate Theme

Comment

"Caltin is right. Not all Dark Siders are pure evil. Just as he said, I wouldn't tell you to just go wander Munto Codru and try to be best buddies with everyone there, but some aren't necessarily demons." Satkia owed her life to a couple of these and was married to a former Sith, and had agreed to do as such prior to his leaving the Sith anyway.

"Are you sure that Verrj knew? Eddic always had a way to know a lot, which also comes from his background prior to become a Jedi. I can't tell you why Master Braska or Verrj told you nothing Jacob. If I could, I would."

Then she thought about something. "What if it was your father who asked people who knew not to tell you? The lies weren't such a brilliant idea, I agree; but maybe your father wanted you to learn this from him one day." She shrugged, knowing that with the little knowledge she had, there wasn't much actual data she could provide.

Comment

Let me expand on that... he motioned at what Satkia had just brought up. There was something about this that just hit him and a lot of it seemed to make sense now. Do you remember when we talked about your dad? Before the stories, do you remember how I offered that you should walk your own path. What if that is what this is about? Do you think that you learning everything about your dad the day you walked through the doors of the Great Hall would have done you anything but emotional harm? Getting off the wall, he walked over next to the kid and dropped to a knee alongside him so that he could be eye to eye.

Learning everything to this point, this doesn't change who you are, it only adds to it. You are Jacob Murano Jr. Jedi Apprentice and no one can take that away from you. You know why? You are who you are. You're not who your dad was, but I'll bet you are exactly who your mom wants you to be. He didn't want to go that route but the Apprentice was forgetting his other parent.

Comment

Jacob nodded only because he felt bad for lashing out, "True, Master Wayne. Not all Sith are demons. There are some who have a sense of humanity."

As Caltin lowered himself to his level he could relate to him more. Not just because he lowered his height to that level but because of what they spoke of before. They talked about what his dad did while he was there as a Jedi Knight. Training two of the best. Verrj and Coryn. Although Jacob never knew Coryn he heard only through the background of what his dad said to his mom, Marie, that said what Coryn had been. Verrj on the other hand he knew because he met the man who was apprentice to his dear ole' dad.

Turning to Caltin he then kept his gaze low, "Your right though, Master. I'm not my dad. Even though I'm named after him doesn't mean I'm expected to live to his expectations though. But, I still can't consider my dad a 'hero' because he didn't remain the venerable Jedi Knight he was supposed to be. I've heard my dad had a lot of problems but what turned him to the Dark Side though is what I would like answered."

Looking to Satkia he then had his blue eyes gaze at her then to both her and Caltin, "I know my mom needs me to be the Jedi she wishes my dad would have been. I want to keep that promise. But, if my dad wanted all of you to lie to me then he should have said it himself in that holocron he left me on Tattooine."

Jacob Jr's Theme Song

Jacob's Alternate Theme

Comment

Satkia nodded to Caltin and gave him time to speak to Jacob before she moved closer to them and crouched besides her fellow Master, feeling uncomfortable being the one still standing even with her tiny height.

"If you want to find out why your dad turned to the Dark side, maybe you should ask those who knew him better." She knew that Verrj had gone missing again and sadly Coryn had passed away many years before.

"And maybe you'd like to speak to your Dad. I am certain that Caltin or another of us Jedi would agree to try to find him." There probably was someone who knew where Jacob senior was after all.

"If you feel like you belong here, then you belong here. Not only it is because a promise you made to your mom, but it is also how far you've come already, Jacob."

Comment

Caltin didn't have much else to say. The kid still believed that he was being lied to and there was nothing that could be done to change that until Jacob was ready to hear it. That meant that the kid would need to have some extra attention paid to him while he was around. This wasn't something done out of mistrust or anything but the kid was a teenager and this could destroy his adult life. Caltin knew this from experience because something similar almost happened to him and that was bothersome to the massive Jedi Master. The he was practically volunteered for a search, so... Actually I was going to talk to you, or someone from the Council about something anyway, so yeah I could do this.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              G-NF0GT8SKB1