X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~A Visit to See Her Master~

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-05-2002 10:20 PM:
    ~A Visit to See Her Master~

:: Tessa was anxious to show Master Amalia her new lightsaber that she had finally finished. So much time and energy had gone into its construction and the pride and accomplishment she felt was truly beyond words. Hoping to catch her very busy Master, Tessa hurried to Amalia's quarters and then knocked on the door lightly ::

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-06-2002 11:32 PM:

...and without a moments hesitation, the door opened, but only part way.

Tessa was greeted with a warm friendly smile as Amalia set eyes on her. It was not often that any of her students came to her door, but she thought to herself, hoping there would be many more visits to her door.

Amalia smiled back at Tessa for a few short moments, observing the padawan closely. She searched Tessa's face a little for anything that would give way to some expression, a hint as to what connected the padawan to wanting to show up at her door.

Sometimes an expression said so much, that words just weren't always needed, though words did make things easier.

She saw excitement in the padawan's eyes. There was pride in those eyes too, very evident, and it only seemed to make Amalia smile more.

Without anymore hesitation, Amalia nodded respectfully to Tessa and opened the door all the way.

"Forgive me for the hesitation, Tessa. I'm still trying to learn of my students through a personal level. Observation is a great thing and can tell you a many great number of things, if you know how to observe just right that is...Please, come in..."

Amalia stepped out of view for a moment as she held the door open for Tessa, waiting for her to enter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-07-2002 01:44 AM:

"Thank you, Master Amalia."

:: Tessa stepped inside and could hardly contain her excitement any longer as the words practically burst from her lips ::

"I know you are busy, Master and I don't want to take up too much of your valuable time. I have completed my saber construction task, Master. I came to show it to you for your inspection approval."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-09-2002 03:14 PM:

Amalia's eyes drifted from Tessa and onto Tessa's newly constructed lightsaber.

Amalia gestured to the tool that the padawan held so honorably and proudly within her hands.

"May I see it?"

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-14-2002 12:09 AM:

"I would be honored, Master Amalia."

:: Tessa handed the saber hilt to her Master and then awaited comments regarding its design and construction ::

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-14-2002 05:28 PM:

Amalia carefully grasped onto the Jedi tool with both hands, turning it around over and over in her hands. She took great care to notice the design of the lightsaber, as the design was said to be a part of the Jedi who created the lightsaber.

Her left hand seemed to hover over the on and off switch for a moment, and she lifted her eyes to look up at Tessa once more.

"May I?"

It was as if Tessa knew what she was asking, the padawan nodded her head in response to the question.

Amalia smiled, nodded her thanks in return and without another moments hesitation, she sent the blade humming to life. A green light flashed before her, bright as could be.

"Green, a rather nice color if I do say so myself. Tell me, how did you feel as you were building your lightsaber?"

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-29-2002 01:12 AM:

:: Tessa smiled as her master examined the lightsaber ::

"I actually felt a bit nervous at times. This is such an important achievement in my instruction..and I certainly did not want to fail. But then at other times I also felt a deep sense of pride in knowing that I would someday wield this saber in the defense of those who were unable to."

:: She hoped that made sense to her master as she smiled at her once again ::

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-29-2002 12:11 PM:

Amalia said nothing at first as she thoughtfully paused to reflect on what Tessa had said.

"To fail, is not at all failing, but rather, a learning experience. For with every wrong doing you might feel you may have done, you learn, and you learn not to repeat the same failer again."

Amalia smiled nervously, not really sure if her reply had made much sense at all, unsure if she had worded what she had wanted to say, how she wanted to.

Amalia's realized that she was still holding onto the lightsaber, the tool still ignited. She shut the lightsaber off, returning the tool back to Tessa after a few more lingering seconds of inspection.

"Let's hope that you wiil not often have to wield such a tool."

Amalia's face had fell expressionless as she thought of the many times she had had to wield her own lightsaber, remembering her first battle experience, a battle that had almost cost her her own life.

She smiled lightly, trying to fill the void of silence that had suddenly fallen between the two Jedi.

"You have the experiences of a padawan, and you know what it means to be a padawan. However, there comes a time when every Jedi must have their own time to grow, and experience more. A padawan's own experience is somewhat similiar to that of a Jedi Knight, however, there are some new and different experiences between both forms of growth. So I ask you, what do you think it means to be a Jedi Knight?"

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-29-2002 08:44 PM:

:: Tessa thought on this for a long while. It has always been her aspiration to ascend to the status of Jedi Knight for only then could she contribute to the galaxy and assist those who needed it. She looked over at her master and spoke with conviction ::

"I feel that being a Jedi Knight is a tremendous responsibility. There seems to be a large amount of Dark Side energy surging through the galaxy lately and I would think that the Jedi Knights would be called upon now more than ever to avert the darkness from overtaking those not strong enough to defend against it. I also feel that being a Jedi Knight is a position of honor that must be upheld at all times."

:: Her blue eyes met those of her master as she smiled ::

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-29-2002 11:21 PM:

"I see," Amalia said, her face giving off no expression whatsoever as to Tessa's reply. The Jedi Master believed in keeping serious form when questioning her own students, especially when it came to one's ascention in growth as a Jedi.

Amalia locked eyes with Tessa for a moment or more, trying to reflect on the padawan's feelings and thoughts, if also for not just to study her.

She crossed her arms, pursed her lips, and eyed her student with a keen eye, just for an observation for a reaction.

"I am sorry, Tessa..."

She paused, noticing a small twinge of a reaction coming from Tessa.

"..but it is very unlikely for those Darksiders...to see that justice will not prevail because of your own honorable efforts."

Finally, it was then that the serious look broke upon Amalia's face, now instead, Tessa was greeted with a warm smile, and a look of pride from Amalia.

"Congratulations, Tessa Rendahl, for you have now earned yourself an asention to the title of Jedi Knight. It is a title that is bestowed onto you with honor and pride. May the force be with you always, Jedi Knight."

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 09-30-2002 10:25 PM:

:: Tessa smiled at the words of her master. Lowering herself to a kneel and placing her right forearm across her left thigh, she gave a deep bow in respect to Master Amalia and then spoke quietly ::

"I thank you for bestowing such an honor upon me, my Master. I shall always strive to do my best in upholding peace and justice in the galaxy."

:: She remained kneeling until her master gave her permission to rise ::

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-30-2002 11:31 PM:

Amalia smiled, motioning for Tessa to rise even as she requested her to do so.

"Please, rise, Tessa."

Once Tessa had rose, it was then Amalia's turn to bow before the Jedi Knight,

"May the lightside guide you at all times, Tessa.."

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 10-05-2002 11:06 PM:

"Thank you, master."

:: She bowed once more ::

"I shall leave you now to attend to your personal business. Thank you for seeing me and for guiding my path in the light side. I look forward to what the future holds."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-06-2002 11:25 AM:

Amalia's brown eyes went soft for a moment.

"You will have many things to look forward to, Tessa, however, there are some things that you will not look forward to. Always be mindful of the future, Tessa, and remember to expect the unexpected. The present is rather fruitful for you now, but it will not always be this way. Remember all that has been taught to you, and you will do well with whatever comes your way."

Perhaps the Jedi Master was speaking of Tessa's future, perhaps not. Amalia's words were not completely direct, and if they were, they could not be easily believed as precise. It was not known if Amalia was speaking solely of Tessa or just of the future in general, this was somethnig that the Jedi Master wished not to reveal.

Posted by Tessa Rendahl on 10-21-2002 10:50 PM:

"Thank you, Master Amalia. You are wise in the ways of the force and I shall always listen to your advice in such important matters. I wish you a good evening. Thank you for speaking with me."

:: She smiles and bows to her Master before leaving for her quarters ::
Working...
X