X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guide in the Dark

Posted by Count Alamar on 09-19-2002 05:16 PM:
    A guide in the Dark

Count Alamar had requested his master's aid with the construction of his lightsabre. He knew how, he just didn't know the materials, for that he needed help.

His master had said she would join him shortly and Alamar was ready, everything was set out wait, a sudden though occured to him and primed to light to come on when his master entered. He didn't need the light and prefered to sit in the darkness, in the darkness everyone was as blind as he but he was used to it so he had the advantage.

He smiled, there was no point disadvantaging his master as she was coming to help him. He sat, perfectly still crosslegged infront of a small table, facing the door and waited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-20-2002 11:31 PM:

Amalia had found herself arriving late to meet with Alamar today, which made her a bit disappointed. She believed in her own students arriving on time always, and she was sure her students expected the same of her.

Sometimes though, things just prevented one from getting to where they needed to be on time. She was sure, Alamar would understand though, at least she hoped so.

Amalia, almost in a rushed state, quickly made her way toward Alamar's quarters.

The Jedi Master hesitated when she got to the padawan's door, finding herself a little nervous.

Slowly she lifted her left hand, knocking softly once. It seemed that she did not have to wait long, for as she began to lower her hand back down to her side, the door opened...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted by Count Alamar on 09-22-2002 03:26 PM:

Alamar sat in the darkness still, he heard the door open, he waited till he felt his master's presence in the threshhold. He clapped once and the lights came on.

"Come in master, you're early,"

He smiled, knowing she was late but not really caring, that she had come at all was all that mattered to him.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-28-2002 07:09 PM:

OOC: Sorry for the late reply!

IC: Amalia tried not to laugh from embarrassment but she could not help it. She was happy that the Count had taken her tardiness in good humor, at least.

"Forgive me, Alamar, I only hope our next meeting with one another will allow me to be more prompt. One of my children kept me longer than expected."

Amalia took a moment to look about in the Count's room, her eyes falling onto the material that was set upon the table. He had everything already prepared.

"I see you have all the needed material for the construction of your lightsaber. Where do you think you would like to start first in your construction?"

Posted by Count Alamar on 09-29-2002 03:44 PM:

OOC/ No worries\IC

Alamar motioned for Amalia to sit opposite him, it wasn't a command so much as a request, an impressive thing to convey in a gesture. He ran his hands over the parts.

"I think, the basic componants would be the best place to start, the crystal, focuser, not the powerpack of case, they are last..."

He tried to remember back to when he had been taught how to make a sabre, it had been a very long time.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-29-2002 11:37 PM:

"I see," Amalia was unsure of what to say, she wanted to recommend that they start elsewhere with the construction of the lightsaber, the only difficulty she found was not wishing to offend the Count in her recommendation.

She herself, only built her lightsabers' in a certain way, and really did not know of any other way to build a lightsaber. However, she supposed if Alamar wished to do the construction differently, she could always compensate by doing the construction differently.

"Well, I hope you're not offended by this, but I wish to make a suggestion to you. From my own personal experience, I believe it is easiest to start with the following two parts, the hilt and the activation switch. However, if you would prefer to start with what you've suggested, that's fine as well, it is up to you."

Posted by Count Alamar on 09-30-2002 04:32 PM:

Alamar shrugged in a 'you know better than me' manner, his hands glided over the table, the hilt he knew and picked up but the swtich he didn't know the feel of. His sightless eyes settled on Amalia.

"Offended I am not, however, the switch I do not know the feel of..."

Without saying it he was asking her to give him the switch so he could do the rest.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 09-30-2002 11:27 PM:

"Alright, just a moment, I'll hand you the switch.."

Amalia's eyes carefully fell over all the items on the table until they found their place onto the activation switch. She took the item within her hands and then gently leaned over to place the item within the Count's free hand.

"There you are, after you've snapped the switch into place on the hilt, I then can hand you the shielding tape..."

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-04-2002 04:25 PM:

As he took the switch their hands touched for a brief moment, in that moment he could feel her warmth and kindness flow over him. Her overall benovolance touched him and he smiled.

"Thankyou,"

He said simply, using one finger as a guide he got the switch into place and snapped it in. He moved his hand out again, closer to her so she could hand him the tape.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-04-2002 06:29 PM:

Though the Count could not see it, Amalia smiled, it was a smile that was different from the others. Her smiled was one of respect, astonishment, and pride.

"You're welcome," she said softly, their hands brushing again as she handed him the shielding tape.

She watched him carefully as he placed the shelding tape onto the switch and the location of the superconductor. Shortly just before he had finished this part of the task, Amalia had already begun to reach for the next item that Alamar would need.

It took Amalia a moment to find the gemstone. once she found it, she hesitated in handing the gem to Alamar, admiring it's beauty.

She quickly withdrew from her daze. Taking note, and feeling the Count's eyes on her, Amalia handed the stone to him and proceeded to observe and watch him as he began to slip the stone into place. He would soon have his blade.

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-05-2002 03:29 PM:

When he had aquired the stone he had asked for a purple one but being blind he had no way of being sure. He frowned for a moment, hesitating before inserting the stone. His slightless eyes settled on her.

"Master...what colour is the stone?"

His voice was filled with apprihention, had he not been a Jedi he would have been afraid but fear was the path to the Dark Side and Alamar's feet would never walk that path. He had "seen" what that path had done to his world.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-06-2002 11:29 AM:

Amalia looked at the Count for a moment, studying him. She had taken note of the way he had spoken, it made her wonder a little but she did not question him on it.

She just smiled a little, her voice being filled with reassurance.

"Well, I hope it's the color you wanted. If not, not to worry, another stone can be found, I can easily get another for you. It is a purple stone, is that suitable for you?"

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-06-2002 03:14 PM:

Alamar smiled and with a single flick of his wrist inserted the stone where it belonged, his sightless eyes still rested on his master.

"I know you would have gotten me another master but purple is just fine,"

He hand hovered, awaiting the next part from her though not appearing too demanding.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-07-2002 10:13 AM:

Amalia had not observed Alamar as he put the stone in place, she was already looking for the next piece of material used in the construction of his saber.

It took Amalia a little longer than expected to find the energy lens. She found Alamar patiently waiting for the next item, she apologized for her delay.

"Sorry, Alamar. I can't seem to find the lens piece. It must be hidden somewhere amongest the parts here..."

Alamar could her some small clutter as Amalia moved some things carefully around as she searched for the lens. After a moment, movement stopped being greeted with silence for a second or two as Amalia found the lengs, placing it in her hand.

"Ah, there we are, I found it. Sorry," she said as she gently placed the object in Alamar's hand.

She watched him this time as he carefully adjusted and placed the energy lens at the center, above the stone.

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-08-2002 01:35 PM:

Alamar chuckled as he felt the lense in his hand, he had been using it as a paper weight. He eased it into place, his hands drawing a picture of the sabre construction in his mind for future reference, next time he wouldn't need help, he would know what the pieces felt like.

He turned his free hand over, laying it on the desk, he knew Amalia had messed up the contence of the table looking for the lens and would struggle to find the next componant now was well.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-08-2002 07:42 PM:

Indeed Amalia did struggle as she tried to look for the next item used in Alamar's construction. She paused to frown, apologizing.

"Sorry," she said quietly, still roaming through the now unorganized items. She could see a slight smirk on the Count's lips as she quickly looked over at him for a moment.

"Seems I made a mess of everything, I'll find what you need though, it's here."

She grinned a little and set back to searching the table, finding what the Count would need, a few minutes later.

"The high energy flux aperture," she said, a sense of relief in her voice as she found the item, handing it over to the Count.

She of course, watched him in turn as he screwed the item onto place where it belonged, talking as she watched.

"Just a few more items left and then you shall be ready to mold the tool together."

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-09-2002 04:37 PM:

Alamar patted Amalia's hand as she passed him the next componant. He smiled as he slotted it into place.

"Do not worry my master, I have all the time in the universe to enjoy your company,"

He turned the half built sabre over in his hands, feeling its shape and texture. His milky eyes centred on Amalia again as he waited patiently for her to locate the next componant.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-09-2002 11:54 PM:

Amalia could not help but allow her smile to grow more at the Count's comment.

'Thank You, Alamar, I hope we shall be able to be in one anothers company quite frequently. It is not often that I can spend one on one time with my students, besides what training offers..."

The Jedi Master almost seemed to forget the actual task at hand, lost with her thoughts for a moment.

She shook her head, deciding it not best to appologize yet again, but just to move on with the task.

It had not taken Amalia long to find the energy cell, she had seen it settled on the table as she was looking for the energy flux aperture. She had placed the item within memory and was able to snatch the item more quickly this time around because of it.

She patiently waited and watched as Alamar clipped the energy cell into place, discharged, while then also connecting the recharging socket.

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-11-2002 07:23 AM:

Alamar began to hum quietly to himself as he fitted the next componant of his sabre, it was strange to be finally building a weapon that had contributed largely in the fall of his world.

He stopped humming and smiled in Amalia's direction, he hoped she was smiling as well or he would sound very foolish.

"People shun those who are different, my blindness sets me appart, few are those who will take time to endure my company, I thankyou for being one of them,"

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-11-2002 09:51 PM:

Amalia was indeed smiling toward Alamar's direction, she had been, even before he made his comment. She seemed to stop smiling for the moment though, reflecting on his words.

"It would be a shame not to be in the pleasure of your company, Alamar. Though you are blind, you are not different, perhaps unique. We are all unique in our own way. Though I do not view the world as you do, I imagine you view the world through a different perspective, and that is hard to do, perhaps even special..."

She envied the Count a little, and the things that he would never have to see...

She felt ashamed for her own private feelings because she knew and believed that he too deserved to see what everyone else could see.

She also wondered to herself, that if by some miracle, he should happen to gain his sight, if it were something that would bring joy to him, or perhaps pain. Pain that could possible destroy the world that he once was not able to see. Pain that would bring about a reality that he never knew about, but could only imagine.

Amalia felt like she were wanting to drift off toward thoughts that perhaps should not be spoken, and so, she quickly found herself trying to reconnect her thoughts to where they belonged.

"...Unique we all are, but we all have things in common with one another, and we all believe in goals for ourselves. I wish more would notice this, then maybe they would learn to treat each other as equals. However, that would mean a perfect world, and such things do not exist, unless we imagine it."

The whole time Amalia spoke, she worked, setting up the recharging station so that Alamar could plug his lightsaber into it.

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-12-2002 04:18 PM:

Alamar clicked the sabre into the charger with a barest flick of his wrist. His mind, like amalia's, was elsewhere. His lack of sight was a blessing to him, though he still knew the pain and suffering of the world.

Without his sight he was far more intune with the world than most, he felt its pain very accutely, too accutely. He sighed and patted his master's hand.

"Unique or special, it doesn't matter what you call it, we are all different, in some that is a blessing, in some a curse, here, in this place though it doesn't matter, we are family, we are friends, we are Jedi,"

There was a strength and confidence in the Counts words, in the halls of the Jedi there was no suffering, nothing to disturb the balance of their lives.

His milky eyes settled on Amalia again, a sad smile on his lips.

"Be happy my master, saddness has no place here..."

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-13-2002 12:21 PM:

All Amalia could do was smile as a look of hope crossed her face, hope for the future and the better things that she longed to come one day.

The Jedi softly squeezed Alamar's hand, a warm smile returning to her face.

"You are right, Alamar, there is much that we Jedi have to look forward to, especially our group as a whole. I watch, dayd by day, watch as Students of the Light continues to grow and flourish, and that, that is something to be happy for."

She gently let go of the Count's hand, still continuing to speak.

"There is one last step in the creation of your lightsaber, but this, you must do no your own. This tool, it will be yours, not only yours, but it will be a part of you as well. Mold the weapon together to make it yours."

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-13-2002 03:33 PM:

Alamar held the weapon gently in his hands, his milky eyes closed, he could feel the weapon in his hands but could also feel it through the Force.

Amalia had no way of knowing just how right she was, the weapon was already part of him, he had felt a connection with each piece as he had aquired it, knowing they were the right pieces for his sabre.

He let the Force flow through him into the weapon, with it he sent a part of himself, forever binding him to the weapon.

"Order,"

He said simply, in reponse to the naming the letters burnt themselves into the side of the blade, it was truely his. He opened his blind eyes and settled them on Amalia.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-13-2002 04:11 PM:

Amalia nodded her head softly, then asked but a simple question.

"How and what do you feel now that your saber is complete?"

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-14-2002 03:24 PM:

"At Peace,"

The answer came back in a calm and soft voice, the tight lines of concentration that normally marred the handsome features of the Count were gone, replaced with a peaceful expression.

His milky eyes were half closed as if he were falling asleep, a slight smile on his lips gave the hint that he was still aware of his surroundings. The sabre was still gripped in his hand though.

"For the first time in my life I feel at peace."

His blind eyes snapped open and settled on his master.

"I feel like a Jedi,"

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-14-2002 03:53 PM:

The Jedi Master gave a silent nod, acknowledging his words.

"As you should. Constructing your own lightsaber is not an east task and takes great skill and concentration, as well as knowledge. It also means a step in growth for yourself as a person and as a Jedi. It means you're ready for the next step."

The smile that Amalia had shown so often now returned.

"You are ready to become a Jedi Knight, Alamar. However, it is not enough that I feel that you are and sense so, but you must know and feel it too. Do you feel you are ready to take on the responsibilities of a Jedi Knight, Alamar?"

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-15-2002 03:04 PM:

Alamar nodded slowly, the peaceful expression still on his face.

"I am ready my master,"

With the practised ease of one who has borne a weapon for a long time Alamr slid his new lightsabre into the pouch on his belt that will hold it. He smiled and waited.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-15-2002 05:48 PM:

"Very well," she said with the proudest of smiles.

"Then it is with great honor and pride that I bestow upon you the rank of Jedi Knight. Congratulations, Jedi Knight Alamar, and may the force be with you...always."

She bowed before the Knight.

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-16-2002 04:44 PM:

Alamar stood gracefully and returned the bow, he smiled peacefully.

"Thankyou my master, in return for your help, perhaps i can buy you dinner?"

Alamar moved effortlessly round the table even though he could not see it. He smiled to his master. Though he was a gentleman it was pointless for the blind Count to offer his arm to a lady as it was more likely he needed their arm than the other way around.

Posted by Amalia Azalin on 10-16-2002 05:10 PM:

Amalia smiled thoughtfully as she offered her arm to the Count, though not without guiding him first.

"I would be honored, Alamar..."

As the two Jedi walked out of Alamar's quarters, Amalia had a silent question linger in the back of her mind. A question she did not bother to ask, but perhaps she would during dinner.

She was ever curious as to the Count being blind, but Amalia was not one to pry, perhaps a meal would be just the thing to get the Count to open up.

...Maybe Amalia would even tell him about her daughter...

Posted by Count Alamar on 10-18-2002 01:18 PM:

Alamar and Amalia left and went to the bar
Working...
X